Concerning Cutie Mark designs

Started by Rainbowkitten170, 2013 Jul 07, 05:54:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rainbowkitten170

2013 Jul 07, 05:54:17 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 17, 14:06:38 by Rainbowkitten170
In the show some ponies, including the main 6, have three of the same thing for a Cutie Mark, I have never seen this used for OCs or anything, so I would like to get more opinions on the subject.
Everyone can paint a picture with words, but few can paint a picture with paint.

Tiger

I don't get it. Three of the same thing? You mean 3 different cutie marks that all mean, say, Magic?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Tiger

Oh, I get it. Three things put into a picture to create one cutie mark? Like Cheerilee's, or 4 of the Mane 6 excluding Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

Well, cutie marks don't HAVE to be like that. It's just an easy way to make a cutie mark look less boring.

Rainbowkitten170

2013 Jul 07, 20:28:58 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 08, 03:29:38 by Rainbowkitten170
Night Pony is correct about what I am referring to, and that is a good point Tiger, but I want to know how they would explain
it in the show. ^-^
Everyone can paint a picture with words, but few can paint a picture with paint.

Tiger

Quote from: Rainbowkitten170 on 2013 Jul 07, 20:28:58
I want to know how they would explain it in the show. ^-^

Lessee ovO

Cheerilee's cutie mark: 3 smiling flowers

Cheerilee's flowers represent her students, and as we all know, 3's a crowd. Basically shows that she teaches a whole class.

Fluttershy's cutie mark: 3 butterflies

3's a crowd, so Fluttershy cares for many, many animals.

Applejack's cutie mark: 3 apples

I always thought of these apples as multiple apples falling from the trees. Kind of shows her ability to knock off multiple apples from a tree at the same time.

Pinkie Pie's cutie mark: 3 balloons

Nopony can have a party with only a few ponies! Pinkie throws parties with a whole crowd of ponies! :D

Rarity's cutie mark: 3 diamonds

Uh... She can find a bunch of diamonds? Idk.

Rainbowkitten170

Well that explains it, but I still think people should use this in OC design more. Thank you for your explanation, Tiger.

Go Up