I Think I'm Developing Anorexia...

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2012 Dec 08, 18:17:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Well, due to a certain medication I've gained 17 pounds in three months; going from 145 to 162. Now I know 162 is nothing to sneeze at for a 5'10'' male, but it's got me worried and stressed.

I feel so fat, even when everyone around me is telling my I'm lean and skinny and that they're jealous of me. I count calories and get very stressed if I eat more than 1500 calories a day. I'm obsessed with aerobic exercise, constantly running and climbing stairs all day. I even try to avoid heavy lifting because I don't want to build muscle. Call me crazy but I'm an effeminate man; I don't want to be strong and muscular, I like being small and lanky.

Am I on a bad path, here? This might just be the OCD talking, but I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. I'm scared of getting fat, but just as scared that my efforts to not become fat will lead to anorexia.  >.<

lurk852

I feel pretty confident in saying that you should ask a medical professional about it, rather than a forum full of callow youths.

Hope things get better for you (and I can sympathize with having to deal with obnoxious side effects...)
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Little Judas

The only tip I can give you is not to count calories. That's how obsessions start which could lead to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Though Lurk's suggestion might seem drastic, when it comes to one's well being, one can't be too careful.

To end on a lighter note:
If IRL-pics were allowed, I would have posted my beer gut so you realized you probably aren't heavy.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lord of Madness

I think your lucky. I eat over triple the recommended calories of someone of my stature and age. and For the last 10 years I have weighed 119 pounds...

I want to weigh 140

Rissian

2012 Dec 08, 22:16:58 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 08, 22:19:38 by Trege
I'm only about 5'4" according to the Missouri driving office, anyways I weigh about 120 pounds which is normal for my height you are taller so your current weight is probably perfectly normal for your height.

If you can, just try and stop counting the calories and eat what food you like to eat though I'd ask your doctor what side effects that medicine has as some can have side effects that affect your mind. And maybe it's causing you to obsess over your weight although if you have OCD that could be why as well, but like Lurk said we are just average forum goers you may want to consult your doctor if you can.

If you have been working out muscle weighs more than fat if I recall that can also affect the scales, so if you are gaining muscle you could be thinking you are gaining fat instead when you're not.

super_chris85

Not to be rude but is this really family friendly to talk about Anorexia  :s

Rissian

Err, Anorexia is a illness where someone thinks they weigh too much it's not family unfriendly...  :s

Link

I know exactly how you feel. My mom is always telling me I'm too thin and to eat something, but I like being this way. I'm also worried about getting too heavy for my age....I'm like 6'4" and 140 lbs. But I just feel too heavy for my age or height... >.<
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Tiger

You guys are weird. I feel too thin and need to eat more  o.O

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Little Judas

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Dec 10, 20:38:49
You guys are weird.

Please... do stay on-topic. We already know this.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Bravo 658

I just eat whatever's served 'til I'm full, then continue posting ponies, playing games, and skating around my neighborhood.  I'd say go ahead and keep running around; don't bother counting what you're eating.  Just fill up at every meal and monitor whether it gets harder to do what you like to do!
As long as I can run around, skate, and climb the wall of my staircase rather than walk up the steps, I don't care what I eat. ovO

Oh, and I actually seem to weigh a little more than my lean stature might suggest.  I think it's because I drink so much milk (calcium) that my bones have the density of lead. lol

Go Up