The Industrial Tyranny (Sign-up)

Started by GlassMirror, 2016 Sep 01, 19:24:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GlassMirror

Sign-ups are here: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=16229.msg1000256;boardseen#new
OOC thread here: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=16220.0
Spoiler: Cover title • show

You are a lone pony (or whatever you are) who's traveling the lands of Equestria, either exploring or discovering new things, it's up to you what your OC would be doing on this lonely (or not) journey. During the night, you realize that you must have taken a wrong turn, and found yourself lost. You try to go back the way you came but everything looks the same. You then come across a storm in the horizon, and you take shelter in your tent in between the trees...

The next morning, you awake, and continue your journey for hours, trying to find at least a town where you can see where you are. Finally, after more hours pass by, you spot a sign pointing towards the direction that you are headed. You follow that, and a couple of more signs with the same gesture.

... Stopping, you reach a gateway, a sign plastered on it spelling, "Industrial Tyranny." You have never heard of this place, nor see it on the map. Looking past the gate you can see figures walking around, a bunch of futuristic looking rustic buildings, and a couple of towers with watchers, who seem to be looking at you directly. You ignore the glares as you knock and tug on the gate, but as soon as you do, you are immediately surrounded by guards in armor.

... They take you to a holding cell, where other (Role-players) ponies (or other species) are being kept. But there's one thing, all of your items are gone (if you have any),

(for unicorns or others with magic) and around certain species neck, there seems to be a little necklace charm to where it weakens your magic by only a little, and you can't charge it back up or anything until someone of dragon decent takes it off...

This is where the story starts... c:

I guess I'll start this off as many others join this rp. c:

The Industrial Tyranny is a place where dragons and dragon ponies live in their own harmony. The ruler, Gilded Vane, Or Razor, is the one who created and built this city from the ground up, and because of everything she has done, sacrificed, and gave up on in order to save and protect her city, the dragons have much respect for her... This city has grown to be an industrialized (steam-punked) society that outsiders had never seen until now...

The sun slowly sets, and the ponies within the holding cell sit (or doing anything else), waiting, watching...

Purple

((may i begin posting?  Just let me know if you want me to remove this lol))

Sparkle paced around the small, dark cell, her breath growing quick and sharp.  How could this have happened to her!?  She had just been minding her own business, searching for a place to wait out the storm, when suddenly she get's thrown in a cell by some crazy guards!  She had already tried escaping using her magic--no luck.  For some reason her magic wasn't working at all, and there was this weird necklace stuck on her.  She figured that it was draining her power or something.  She had already tried to remove it, but to no avail.  Completely oblivious to the other ponies present, she continued to pace, wrapped up in her own worried thoughts until somepony decided to speak to her.

((for anyone wondering: my OC's magic is already extremely weak, so I figured the amulet's weak draining powers would've disabled her magic completely :P correct me if im wrong lol))

GlassMirror

moonbeam16

Silverwind sat in her cell, hugging her knees, terrified and alone.  She heard hoofsteps, and thought it might be a guard.  But then she realized that the sound wasn't really getting closer.
"Hello?" she called out meekly.

Jcfraven

2016 Sep 02, 04:57:26 #4 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 02, 07:21:53 by Jcfraven
Quote from: Purple on 2016 Sep 01, 19:31:40
((may i begin posting?  Just let me know if you want me to remove this lol))

Sparkle paced around the small, dark cell, her breath growing quick and sharp.  How could this have happened to her!?  She had just been minding her own business, searching for a place to wait out the storm, when suddenly she get's thrown in a cell by some crazy guards!  She had already tried escaping using her magic--no luck.  For some reason her magic wasn't working at all, and there was this weird necklace stuck on her.  She figured that it was draining her power or something.  She had already tried to remove it, but to no avail.  Completely oblivious to the other ponies present, she continued to pace, wrapped up in her own worried thoughts until somepony decided to speak to her.

((for anyone wondering: my OC's magic is already extremely weak, so I figured the amulet's weak draining powers would've disabled her magic completely [emoji14] correct me if im wrong lol))

Looking around his new, hopefully temporarily, home, Raven ponders what led to it all. All he recalls is transporting an important letter between two city leaders, getting lost, finding a new place, getting surrounded, then thrown into the cell.

After thinking for a moment or so, he notices a mare pacing around, seemingly in a distressed internal discussion. Going over to her, he taps her shoulder.

"Good mare, are you quite alright?" He inquires.

Purple

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2016 Sep 01, 23:37:17
Silverwind sat in her cell, hugging her knees, terrified and alone.  She heard hoofsteps, and thought it might be a guard.  But then she realized that the sound wasn't really getting closer.
"Hello?" she called out meekly.

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Sep 02, 04:57:26
Looking around his new, hopefully temporarily, home, Raven ponders what led to it all. All he recalls is transporting an important letter between two city leaders, getting lost, finding a new place, getting surrounded, then thrown into the cell.

After thinking for a moment or so, he notices a mare pacing around, seemingly in a distressed internal discussion. Going over to her, he taps her shoulder.

"Good mare, are you quite alright?" He inquires.

Startled by being tapped on the shoulder, Sparkle jumped around to face the sound of two voices, looking a bit alarmed.  She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was only a couple of ponies, and not any monsters.  "Uh, y-yeah, I'm, uh, fine," she stammered, still a bit shaken up.  Spotting whom she assumed the second voice to have come from, she waved at the mare who had called out.  "Hello!" she greeted, sounding a bit more relaxed now... surprisingly.

((@moonbeam16, im pretty sure we're all in the same cell?  Sorry if i'm mistaken x3))

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Sep 02, 08:10:51
Startled by being tapped on the shoulder, Sparkle jumped around to face the sound of two voices, looking a bit alarmed.  She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was only a couple of ponies, and not any monsters.  "Uh, y-yeah, I'm, uh, fine," she stammered, still a bit shaken up.  Spotting whom she assumed the second voice to have come from, she waved at the mare who had called out.  "Hello!" she greeted, sounding a bit more relaxed now... surprisingly.

((@moonbeam16, im pretty sure we're all in the same cell?  Sorry if i'm mistaken x3))

"You do not sound alright. Then again, I would make the assumption that you too have no clue as to why we were brought here," He comments.

Purple

"Yeeeaaaaaah, I have no idea why I'm--er, we're, here," Sparkle replies, noticeably a bit frazzled still.  She was supposed to be meeting up with a friend in another city, but now she was stuck here, with no way to contact them.  She sincerely hoped they wouldn't worry about her or be upset with her.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Sep 02, 11:08:18
"Yeeeaaaaaah, I have no idea why I'm--er, we're, here," Sparkle replies, noticeably a bit frazzled still.  She was supposed to be meeting up with a friend in another city, but now she was stuck here, with no way to contact them.  She sincerely hoped they wouldn't worry about her or be upset with her.

"Well, the good news is, we are alive. Perhaps a guard or somepony will soon come by and explain where we are. In the mean time, may I inquire into your name, and perhaps your occupation? My curiosity plagues me, and perhaps through some information, we can piece some stuff together," He responds.

Purple

"Oh!  Uh, sure!" Sparkle stammered, smiling a bit awkwardly.  She didn't normally give out her name to random ponies, but this stallion seemed trustworthy.  "My name's Sparkle Chord! --oh, and I work at a record company in Manehattan," she said, smiling sheepishly.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Sep 02, 14:46:40
"Oh!  Uh, sure!" Sparkle stammered, smiling a bit awkwardly.  She didn't normally give out her name to random ponies, but this stallion seemed trustworthy.  "My name's Sparkle Chord! --oh, and I work at a record company in Manehattan," she said, smiling sheepishly.

"Ah, Manehatten. I make a fair bit of deliveries to that city. You say a record company, do you sing?" He inquires.

"Also, I suppose I should introduce myself in kind. My name is Raven Star, a high-ranking member of the Royal Night Messengers. I deliver messages of diplomatic importance between the cities of Equestria," He explains. "I also train in the art of swordfighting," He adds.

Purple

Sparkle's eyes lit up in amazement as Raven told her his job.  "Wooow, that sounds awesome!" she grinned, her eyes glimmering.  "Nice to meet you Raven!  --Oh, and yes, I do sing," she added, smiling sheepishly.  She had loved to sing ever since she was young, and was glad to have it be her job as well.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Sep 02, 16:02:01
Sparkle's eyes lit up in amazement as Raven told her his job.  "Wooow, that sounds awesome!" she grinned, her eyes glimmering.  "Nice to meet you Raven!  --Oh, and yes, I do sing," she added, smiling sheepishly.  She had loved to sing ever since she was young, and was glad to have it be her job as well.

"Perhaps at a better time, you can give me a sample," He says, smiling as well.

Purple

"Well uh, eheheheh, sure!" Sparkle stammers, blushing a little.  Raven seemed like a very nice stallion.  If she had to be stuck in a cage, she was glad that at least she was stuck with a pony who was friendly and not hostile.

moonbeam16

((Whoops.  My bad.))
Silverwind often had trouble talking when she was scared.  She finally managed to blurt:  "I-I'm Silverwind!"  Seeing the other two in the cell were getting along well, she assumed they were friendly, which calmed her a bit.

Purple

Turning to the frightened mare once more, Sparkle offered a friendly smile.  "Hi there Silverwind!  I'm Sparkle Chord, it's nice to meet you!" she greeted, sounding a bit more like her usual cheery self now.

moonbeam16

Silverwind was considerably calmer now, and was starting to act more like her self-important self..  "Hey there, Sparkle Chord.  I'm going to call you 'Sparky', is that okay with you?"

Jcfraven

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2016 Sep 02, 18:23:10
Silverwind was considerably calmer now, and was starting to act more like her self-important self..  "Hey there, Sparkle Chord.  I'm going to call you 'Sparky', is that okay with you?"

Hearing the statement from the mare, he turns to her, and smiles as well. "Good to meet you, Silverwind! You probably already heard, but my name is Raven Star," He says.

moonbeam16

"I did hear that.  It's nice to meet you, Raven.
You're a messenger, right?  I'm going to call you... 'Mailer', alright?"

Jcfraven

Quote from: moonbeam16 on 2016 Sep 02, 18:53:26
"I did hear that.  It's nice to meet you, Raven.
You're a messenger, right?  I'm going to call you... 'Mailer', alright?"

"That, 'The Messenger,' 'Raven,' whichever," He replies, shrugging.

Go Up