Greyshine

Started by super_chris85, 2012 Dec 09, 01:14:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

super_chris85

Name: Greyshine?
Personality: Timid, Scared a lot by bigger things, doesn't really talks and mostly cowers in fear
Appearance:

Background: He wondered into the castle in Canterlot not knowing who he is from amnesia. Princess Celestia offered to help him find and asked if it was ok if he stayed in Ponyville until she figured it out. He stays in Ponyville in a house the Princess set up for him. Until they figure out who he is he goes by Greyshine

I have a feeling Tiger is going to be on the first page  ^-^

Tiger

How did you know  O:

But yeah, alicorns. Not a fan of them.

I personally think that OCs with amnesia aren't that good. Because of that amnesia, we won't get to know their history, and no history makes them rather plain. Although, because of that amnesia, it also makes it possible that this alicorn is somehow related to royalty, and he doesn't know it. Or maybe Celestia just doesn't want to tell him where he's from for some reason?

I would like to know why he's so timid and scared.

But, yeah, alicorns. Don't really like them. Maybe if you changed his race to pegasus/unicorn/earth pony, he would be better and would seem more legit?

I will look forward to the development of Greyshine  ^-^

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

super_chris85

Exactly why i made them it hard for people to like them so i will try to make one that people can.  I'm just trying something new from my stand point. I will add more to him by telling how his life in ponyville is and what he eventually finds out bout his past so look forward to that too. His timidness is just part of his personality like how Fluttershy doesn't like meeting other ponies but his is worse. an the whole Celestia is not telling him i'm going with that it is too predictable for someone to do with an alicorn. Andi understand your not a fan of Alicorns but that is your opinion not my so i can't change that.  ^-^ So like always i'll add to it when something pops up in my head

Link

I'm going to have to agree with Tiger here. Alicorns are commonly overpowered, shallow OCs with little-to-no back-story. I have yet to see over 3 alicorn OCs with a decent story, personality, etc, without being extremely overpowered with a dark and gloomy back-story.

And, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you've made one of the most stereotypical OCs in the world; alicorn, shy, dark/unclear history. All of these traits are extremely overused, and I advise you to only use them in moderation, preferably not at all (especially the alicorn part...).

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'm by no means an experienced OC-maker, especially compared to others on these forums, but hopefully this helped.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Gracie Sky

:l It is impossible to make an Alicorn OC that ponies will enjoy. Your topic will get locked if you attempt to make one with the purpose of changing the public image of them to become more favorable. I tried and failed in a spectacular fashion.

>A< No! I'm not upset about that! Leave me alone!

(that was all a complete exaggeration, just so you know)

Aaaaaanyways, this Alicorn is suffering from amnesia if he's only a foal. I would sooner believe that ponies just aren't capable of remembering their foalhood. I certainly can't remember what my life was like when I was 2. And yeah, amnesia... is an absolute last resort plot device to use if you want to make a pony unable to remember their past. It's just far too convenient. He's young enough, just stick with him being too young to remember the tiny amount of history he may have had.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up