Darkness of a shattered mind (OOC)

Started by Teal Turken, 2012 Aug 03, 09:20:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

2012 Aug 03, 09:20:14 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 03, 09:38:33 by Teal Turken

This is the OOC board for Darkness of a shattered mind.

The main purpose is actually to let people know the rules early. The rules had to be modified for the larger number of people than anticipated.

Rules of the RP
1. Forum rules apply, simplest rule.

2. No powers/items/abilities that can help/cure/save Teal from things such as nightmares. I will tell you if you can help him, otherwise no GMing.

3. If (BIG IF) we are in a combat situation, do not make posts that make an extremely hard impact or deal too much damage.
Spoiler: Examples of this rule • show
I don't want to see this:
Bad guy vs. 4 ponies

Bad guys shoots shock wave at ponies.
Pony 1 dodges and shoots bad guy with a mega magic laser.
Pony 2 blocks and stabs the bad guy and (something involving hitting him 10k times in 1 second)
Pony 3 teleports out of the way and ends up behind the bad guy. Pony 3 punches him so hard he flies away really fast.
Pony 4 becomes invincible and smashes the bad guy with a giant hammer.

Ect ect. :l

Something smaller please. Like:
Pony 1 dodges and shoots a ball of magical energy at the bad guy.
Take note I didn't say it hit him cause this kind of attack is ranged and possible to dodge. If it was impossible to dodge such as:
Pony 2 comes from behind the bag guy and stabs him.
Then I would say it hits him.

4. Much like rule 2, don't do things I say you can't do such as unlock a locked door without the key. I will be using color coding to tell you what you can and can't do.

End rules

Things to be aware of

1. You are inside Teal's thoughts and memories (etc.), not his brain. So there's no giant brain matter or anything.

2.Keep a very close eye out for color coded words and what they mean. I will be using them to tell you things. Teal will only be used for Teal's speech and thoughts!

3.Be aware that I am one person and there's at least 8 of you that signed up. My posts WILL be slow.

4.Keep a very close eye on this board and this first post. I will be updating it as we go for anything I add to the RP.

5.READ THE FIRST POST IN THE RP AND THE OOC BOARD. It is not MY fault if you don't read the rules and end up breaking one at my irritation. >:/

6. This RP is story based. This means no running off and building a home in Teal's memory banks or living in his past or anything.

7. Teal is in his mind with you. You can find and talk to him, but don't expect much from him. To him this is the worst nightmare of his life. There are also altar egos of Teal, different sides and personalities of Teal. They will be....noticeably different.

COLOR Coding
Blue = can be done with spells/abilities.
Green = useable as it currently is or can be done without special effort.
Red = Cannot be done with spells/abilities. Requires special item/etc.
Bold Black = Nothing can be done. You are simply to experience or see such a thing before you.
Orange = Something you may notice that will appear or be useable/important later.
Teal = Anything Teal says or thinks that you hear.

Nala Valor

... I just thinking about it... If we are in your memories and thought, doesn't that mean me, maple and Clutzer will see the self at some point?

Teal Turken

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Aug 03, 09:34:40
... I just thinking about it... If we are in your memories and thought, doesn't that mean me, maple and Clutzer will see the self at some point?

Yes. I will include sections where you are traveling through a memory.

Added new info to the first post.

Lary

Everything we do in there will have a major affect on Teal's character, right? ovO
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Teal Turken

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 03, 09:51:03
Everything we do in there will have a major affect on Teal's character, right? ovO

I had a few thoughts on that.
I'm not sure I should allow it but I'll put some more thought into it.

Lary

We'll be able to potentially alter his memories, personality, and subconscious.

I think I'm gonna like this one. :D

GalinndanDawnfire

Now now, this RP is meant to HELP Teal's mental condition. Any altering of his memories could result in him not remembering his own family! Maybe even his own name! Or worse yet, how to eat chocolate chip pepperoni pizzas! :o
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Lusterless Nova

I can see that this one will be hard to rp. Luckily you have some of the most active Rp-ers in your sign up list.
(I won't tell names since some could be insulted if not in the list.)

Teal Turken

Okay Okay. Sorry for not starting the RP yet. I just got my new computer and I'm all happy to have it and be able to play games and such on it.

Anyways I still want to do this RP. I will try my best to work up the urge to start it tommorow.

Lary

I might have to drop out of it. I've been far too busy with things. And when I'm on this website, I don't usually have time to do anything other than manage my Thread Game.

wolfblade

so we have to wait till nova gets back?

Teal Turken

Yes, Nova plays the big part of explaining things in RP. Since my character is absent and I'm mostly gonna control events and the story.

GalinndanDawnfire

Vick, I was saying that most people mispronounce it. Some say GAY-lind-an, some like they are saying galinda (the fairie from the Wizard of Oz) with an n at the end. The real way to pronounce it is: GAH-Lin-Dan
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Vick McBread

Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

GalinndanDawnfire

YAY!!! somepony who can both spell AND pronounce it!!!  :D ^-^

wolfblade

i can spell and pronounce it too when i first saw the name i guessed that was how you pronounced it

GalinndanDawnfire

Well then ponies here have more sense than the ponies at my school.

Teal Turken

NOTICE
The RP will begin moving again once other things have been finished. I'm sorry but a few other story RPs are really moving too much for me to attend to my own, along with art submissions.

Morgan Sententia

Teal Turken

*rings a bell*

Okay people! I was gonna TRY to get the RP moving during the weekend BUT.......my cable got zapped by lightning.
D: D: D:
So....yeah. Gonna try now that I am here.

Go Up