Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

From todays content practice, pre-orders are indeed annoying. "Preorder to get an exclusive skin".People now rush to get a digital exclusive content, and even store exclusive. While Gamestop is offering an exclusive, Best Buy and sometimes even Walmart has their own exclusive content. And even if it some exclusive weapon or skin, it may not be as good as the in-game content. The thing about Pre-orders is that it secures a deposit so that both the store and publisher gains at least some of that money.

At first it was a good idea to pre-order so that you can pay the game off overtime, but now content and stuff now became the bait to lure people to it. Next thing that happens, game stinks, millions abandond it, and while people regret buying the game, the producers and developers gains millions from the dud game.

That is why I don't buy it until I see/play a demo or read customer reviews (I don't trust site or 'expert' reviews).
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 24, 14:41:24
I don't like it either, sometimes you can't get something because you didn't have enough money for a game at tthat time.
I also hate it how all the video game prices are much lower in the United States!

Look at it this way: When the dollar overtakes the Euro in a few years the tables will be turned.

LunarDusk

Most players in Elsword....anyone whose known it would get what I mean....especially in pvp. >:/
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Itty Bit

That very slight button lag in Smash bros, or any fighting game that requires split second reactions when playing online.
You see it coming, but it still messes you up >~<

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 24, 20:00:34
Look at it this way: When the dollar overtakes the Euro in a few years the tables will be turned.

I hope so, everyone seems to think that $=€.

Lync Volan

2014 Dec 25, 23:53:08 #2065 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 25, 23:55:46 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 24, 15:34:52
Why is it that I can now beat Megaman X in about 2 1/2 hours now, but I still can't beat any Mario game? It's friggin' Mario! It should NOT be this difficult for me!
i had that same game downloaded on my Ds lite till the files got corrupted
never got past level 2 XD

Post Merge

Quote from: Trege on 2014 Dec 24, 05:34:20
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 24, 05:03:48
[spoiler]
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 24, 00:10:55
Nintendo - Good games, bad consoles. I hate the idea of having to buy a Wii U just to experience Nintendo's big name series like Zelda and Mario, which they release exclusively for their consoles. I bought a Wii back in 2007 and regretted it. I only got 2 games during its lifespan - Twilight Princess and Brawl, they were the only games that interested me. Other than that it just served as a glorified Netflix accessor. I'd have been better off with an Xbox 360.

I ain't buying a Wii U, which means I'll be missing out on Nintendos big titles this generation. It's not worth spending hundreds of dollars just to experience 2 or 3 good games. I'm getting an Xbox One this time. I had a Playstation during the 5th generation, a PS2 during the 6th generation, and a Wii during the 7th generation; so this will be my first ever Xbox console. I've been exclusively a PC gamer since the mid 2000s, but there's just too many good games that either aren't available for PC or are just crappy 5 second ports.
yeah moving the smash series was a big problem for me cause i always wanted to play as Red but still haven't i kinda want a Wii for that and some Naruto games i recently learned about but i'm kinda focused on the oculus rift and getting that well getting games for the systems i already have like the ps3,ps2,gamecube,gameboy,psp,Ds Lite
and speaking of "WiiU" i know someone who badgers me to get that instead of the Wii :l   

Well the Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii titles, and I heard someone say the gamecube adapter actually works for the older titles but I have no way of confirming this myself yet. It'd be smart for Nintendo to make that adapter compatible with older titles as well as some new. (I may be thinking of the classic controller in Wii mode though.)

You can also transfer your Wii shop data to the Wii U's Wii mode so it includes all your purchases on the Wii. That's probably why they suggested you get the Wii U instead.
yeah they told me that stuff too but my problem is i think i'll need to buy alot of accessories
and there "suggesting" is more like demanding :s

Ramisha

Believe it or not these two are the same race.
BUT I WANNA BE A COOL TIGER WOMAN not some stupid girl with a tail and ears...

Chack

I'm finding Metroid to be more difficult than I originally thought.
Wait for it...

Nala Valor

lightning bolt-enchented elites in Diablo 2 :V or anything that has an electric spam on there attack list like the scarabs in act 2.

CrabApple

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 27, 16:07:21

Believe it or not these two are the same race.
BUT I WANNA BE A COOL TIGER WOMAN not some stupid girl with a tail and ears...

THIS! just... this....
[move=9][/move]

Elphyda

Chromastone64

So, imagine this; you're playing Kingdom Hearts II, you're on you're last legs, but about to beat that boss you've been fighting for ages. Your last hope is activating a Drive so you can finally win-
AND THE PUNCHLINE IS THIS FLIPPING THING SHOWS UP!!!!!!!!!!!

>:O >:O >:O
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Randam Saiko

I play as a healer in most RPGs.
Spoiler: When... • show

My party members are out of my healing range.

Spoiler: show

My team doesn't realize i'm being chased by assassins.

My party leads the monsters towards me.

What I say to the enemy team when I save my party members.

When a party member dies and says, "I'll be afk until the boss dies," and I can resurrect them.

When a party member makes a stupid decision

When a cocky enemy thinks he can 1v1 me just because I'm a healer.

When my party members are all dead and they don't think I can finish the boss

When I'm the strongest person in the party

When i'm just walking past a near-death player who's training and I decide to be nice.

Watching my party members panic because their HP switches between 1% and 100% every 3 seconds.

When the enemy thinks they've won because the rest of my team is dead. But they forgot to kill the one person who can resurrect the dead.

When an enemy tries to assassinate me, but my party's tank taunts them off.

Activating a god mode party buff.

When the enemy says they're fools.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Dec 28, 18:07:58
So, imagine this; you're playing Kingdom Hearts II, you're on you're last legs, but about to beat that boss you've been fighting for ages. Your last hope is activating a Drive so you can finally win-
AND THE PUNCHLINE IS THIS FLIPPING THING SHOWS UP!!!!!!!!!!!

>:O >:O >:O
i don't know why but i really adore that form
i always wished i could transform into Anti Sora more often :]

Weremetalwolf

2014 Dec 28, 19:29:31 #2074 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 28, 20:18:21 by Weremetalwolf
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 28, 19:18:23
i don't know why but i really adore that form
i always wished i could transform into Anti Sora more often :]

I liked that form too, the only thing that bugged me about it is the fact that the armor and attack strenght was greatly reduced. However, what made me like that form was the insane movement speed and attack speed, it was just so fast... Plus, when happened to me I was in the halloween town so I also had the special clothes.
I really wish that it was able to activate the drive even in the pride lands, that would be awesome, and also really useful to beat the final boss of the area.

Edit: Actually, I made a little mistake. Attack power is, in theory, increased but the defense is greatly reduced. The Anti Form exists as a consequence of abusing the Drive system, and is meant to be "strong but troublesome" so it gives a couple malus. Like Valor Form, Anti Form cannot use magic, which makes this form a full attack form, but this particular form makes it not possible to use items, which means, no healing. To top it off, Sora cannot pick up HP Balls while in Anti Form, meaning he is completely unable to heal in any way and he also can't gain experience.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Chromastone64

Quote from: Weremetalwolf on 2014 Dec 28, 19:29:31
I liked that form too, the only thing that bugged me about it is the fact that the armor and attack strenght was greatly reduced. However, what made me like that form was the insane movement speed and attack speed, it was just so fast... Plus, when happened to me I was in the halloween town so I also had the special clothes.
I really wish that it was able to activate the drive even in the pride lands, that would be awesome, and also really useful to beat the final boss of the area.

Edit: Actually, I made a little mistake. Attack power is, in theory, increased but the defense is greatly reduced. The Anti Form exists as a consequence of abusing the Drive system, and is meant to be "strong but troublesome" so it gives a couple malus. Like Valor Form, Anti Form cannot use magic, which makes this form a full attack form, but this particular form makes it not possible to use items, which means, no healing. To top it off, Sora cannot pick up HP Balls while in Anti Form, meaning he is completely unable to heal in any way and he also can't gain experience.

I WANT to like AntiForm, but the whole "extra damage taken, no EXP" thing is what bugs me.
Turns out I also got double-trolled: the fight I mentioned was my second attempt at Xigbar. I was using the Two Become One Keyblade, not knowing what the "special effect" it gave was. At this point I've got the trophy for turning into it thirteen times (I see what you did there, Kingdom Hearts).
Oddly, when I played KH2 on the PS2 years ago, I never even SAW AntiForm untill I bought the stratagy guide, plus I'm pretty sure I triggered Final Form on the first Drive after I unlocked it. On PS3, however, even without Two Become One, I'm seeing the smoking death-trap everywhere!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Weremetalwolf on 2014 Dec 28, 19:29:31

yeah i'm always about speed and dodging in almost any fighting game its kinda like my style but i would simply call Anti Form a "Double Edged Sword" and its terrible they get rid of my other attributes like Healing and Def since i use those more then Attack
(have i said i love dragging battles out X3?)   

Sunshine Smash

Ace Attorney spoilers.

HIM!

[spoiler]

He killed Jake Marshall's brother! Not to mention he's a complete jerk to everyone and gave Edgeworth false evidence in a case![/spoiler]

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Ramisha

I can't find a decent mmo: they are all either pay to win, not free, full of hackers or not finished yet...
I probably shouldn't be playing mmos anyway - so much work, so little time!

Chack

I almost beat Metroid. ALMOST. Got all the upgrades, missiles, and energy tanks, made it to the final boss for the show-down.
Then I died.
Now I have to start with a measly 30 health again, farm for hours, make my way back to Mother Brain and hope that none of those Metroids latch onto me before I get there.
Wait for it...

Go Up