Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dark Hooves

2014 Sep 23, 21:28:31 #1940 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 23, 21:47:08 by Dark Hooves
for super metroid the each of the bosses have a specific pattern of which they attack, for Kraid shoot the flying claws for health, shoot his eyes to reveal his weak point then shoot it with a missile, repeat until he falls

for Phantoon shoot the ghost flames for health and ammo, depending on whether you use super missiles or not the battle could be shorter but more dangerous, or longer but safer, if you hit him with super missiles be prepared to dodge his next attack, use missiles to hit him when he becomes solid (his eye will open), repeat until he falls, to dodge his attack after hitting him with a super missile, change to morph ball and start at the left of the screen, alternate sides after each wave of ghost flames until it stops

for Draygon, for an easy win, shoot the turrets in the room before he appears, then let him grab you, use your grapple beam to latch onto a destroyed turret, he'll fall well before you do, for the more difficult battle target his belly with super missiles and try to avoid his attacks

for Ridley, dodging his attacks and using super missiles are the best way to handle him

for Mother Brain, the battle consists of two parts, part one you are to destroy the supposed life support system, avoid the defense system's attacks and use your super missiles, the glass surrounding mother brain's head shatters, deal damage to her head until the machines fall away revealing her body, part two starts here, the blue orbs do little damage, the blast from the arms cost you a whole energy tank if you are hit, try to avoid this. the bombs deal direct contact and explosive damage, this battle is scripted, just use up your missiles and super missiles to deal damage the quickest, mother brain will use the hyper beam which deals massive damage, drains your ammo, and is not avoidable, you can keep fighting after the first hit, but the second hit the story line takes place the large metroid attacks mother brain, draining it's life force and restoring your health, mother brain reawakens and weakens the metroid, the metroid tries to finish off mother brain, but fails, fragments of the defeated metroid fall on you, you gain the hyper beam, just dodge the blue orbs and mother brain will fall quickly, i won't spoil the ending, if you manage to defeat mother brain you'll get to see the ending

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Randam Saiko

Whenever i'm trying to cast a healing spell, my party never holds still and sometimes even runs AWAY FROM me, the healer.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chack

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Sep 23, 21:28:31
for super metroid the each of the bosses have a specific pattern of which they attack, for Kraid shoot the flying claws for health, shoot his eyes to reveal his weak point then shoot it with a missile, repeat until he falls

for Phantoon shoot the ghost flames for health and ammo, depending on whether you use super missiles or not the battle could be shorter but more dangerous, or longer but safer, if you hit him with super missiles be prepared to dodge his next attack, use missiles to hit him when he becomes solid (his eye will open), repeat until he falls, to dodge his attack after hitting him with a super missile, change to morph ball and start at the left of the screen, alternate sides after each wave of ghost flames until it stops

for Draygon, for an easy win, shoot the turrets in the room before he appears, then let him grab you, use your grapple beam to latch onto a destroyed turret, he'll fall well before you do, for the more difficult battle target his belly with super missiles and try to avoid his attacks

for Ridley, dodging his attacks and using super missiles are the best way to handle him

for Mother Brain, the battle consists of two parts, part one you are to destroy the supposed life support system, avoid the defense system's attacks and use your super missiles, the glass surrounding mother brain's head shatters, deal damage to her head until the machines fall away revealing her body, part two starts here, the blue orbs do little damage, the blast from the arms cost you a whole energy tank if you are hit, try to avoid this. the bombs deal direct contact and explosive damage, this battle is scripted, just use up your missiles and super missiles to deal damage the quickest, mother brain will use the hyper beam which deals massive damage, drains your ammo, and is not avoidable, you can keep fighting after the first hit, but the second hit the story line takes place the large metroid attacks mother brain, draining it's life force and restoring your health, mother brain reawakens and weakens the metroid, the metroid tries to finish off mother brain, but fails, fragments of the defeated metroid fall on you, you gain the hyper beam, just dodge the blue orbs and mother brain will fall quickly, i won't spoil the ending, if you manage to defeat mother brain you'll get to see the ending

Like I said before, I already managed to beat Super Metroid. The boss battles weren't that hard, but finding out where to go and what to do was my problem because the maps are so huge and complex.
Mega Man X and Super Mario World give me headaches because of how many times I die before I can reach the end of a stage.
Wait for it...

Dark Hooves

as far as getting through the stages for MMX just keep your buster charged and blast each enemy as they appear, that will ensure you don't take damage, if any, when you get energy tanks, the best way to fill them is to find a spawn point for weak enemies and collect the energy cells, also good for farming extra lives, this also works for the final boss fight too i think, reading each boss' patterns will help too, aside from that there really isn't much to beating the bosses besides hitting them with their weaknesses
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Chack

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Sep 23, 22:42:23
as far as getting through the stages for MMX just keep your buster charged and blast each enemy as they appear, that will ensure you don't take damage, if any, when you get energy tanks, the best way to fill them is to find a spawn point for weak enemies and collect the energy cells, also good for farming extra lives, this also works for the final boss fight too i think, reading each boss' patterns will help too, aside from that there really isn't much to beating the bosses besides hitting them with their weaknesses

I know to keep the buster charged and shoot as enemies show up, but it doesn't keep me from taking damage, especially if I keep missing. I'm just no good at platform gaming anyway because I either miss the jump or get hit in midair and fall into a pit of death/spikes. And I haven't even found any energy tanks. I'm not using walkthroughs for these games, just so you know.
Wait for it...

Dark Hooves

it just takes practice and making sure there aren't any enemies around that can make you fall by hitting you

Midnight Breeze

Being forced to be evil or sacrifice countless goodies and treasures. Seems in RPGs evil is rewarded at every turn. Being evil will net you some of the most awesome gear and trophies available. Being good gets you...what? A warm fuzzy feeling?

Yes, I'm looking at you Skyrim.  >:/ Why does the most evil guild, the dark brotherhood, have to have dozens of the best rewards in the game? Feels like I'm selling myself short by doing the noble thing and wiping them out. Heck, some quests cannot be completed at all without committing some unspeakable crime against nature. And for completionists like me, walking away and leaving a quest unfinished is just not an option since it will bug me to death. In the ended up:

Siding with the cannibals just so I could sacrifice Eola to Boethiah, since she's the only blatantly evil follower in the game. I didn't lose a single wink of sleep for killing Eola, but eating that innocent priest was a big blow to my conscience. For roleplay I used the excuse that my character was being controlled by Namira and couldn't resist her influence.

Chack

2014 Sep 23, 23:15:42 #1947 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 23, 23:21:37 by Chack
Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Sep 23, 23:05:09
it just takes practice and making sure there aren't any enemies around that can make you fall by hitting you

They just seem to spawn at the exact wrong time. There's always that random, stray projectile as well.
I've been playing this game for at least 5-6 hours a day. I really get frustrated if I don't make progress. And I haven't been making any for the past week.
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 23, 23:08:27
Being forced to be evil or sacrifice countless goodies and treasures. Seems in RPGs evil is rewarded at every turn. Being evil will net you some of the most awesome gear and trophies available. Being good gets you...what? A warm fuzzy feeling?

Yes, I'm looking at you Skyrim.  >:/ Why does the most evil guild, the dark brotherhood, have to have dozens of the best rewards in the game? Feels like I'm selling myself short by doing the noble thing and wiping them out. Heck, some quests cannot be completed at all without committing some unspeakable crime against nature. And for completionists like me, walking away and leaving a quest unfinished is just not an option since it will bug me to death. In the ended up:

Siding with the cannibals just so I could sacrifice Eola to Boethiah, since she's the only blatantly evil follower in the game. I didn't lose a single wink of sleep for killing Eola, but eating that innocent priest was a big blow to my conscience. For roleplay I used the excuse that my character was being controlled by Namira and couldn't resist her influence.

Oh Lordy, I hate it when games make you believe being evil is better than being good. Not talking about games where the only way to keep yourself entertained is by being bad (GTA), although that ticks me off too.
Wait for it...

Ramisha

I can't have the Mehrunes' Razor because you have to kill that guy for it  D: it's not fair! Well at least I have the Dawnbreaker... anyway,
I hate it when you are trying to play but the rest of the team is

Rissian

2014 Sep 25, 05:28:18 #1949 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 25, 05:33:18 by Trege
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 23, 23:08:27

This, this right here. A lot of games today are going that whole reward wrong actions route more so than older games have done. It used to be in oblivion just exploring old caves and ruins netted you awesome gear if you survive the horde of evil monsters. You could then use that gear to take on the oblivion gates I  remember getting glass gear from ancient ruins when I first played the game. I was actually really happy just because I liked the way the glass armor looked. Though it was still better than my old gear. Megaman Legends was really great in that you could get all of the cool gear simply by staying good until the whole shining laser issue in Megaman Legends 2 which required you to turn evil to get a glass eye from a shady salesmen, if my memory serves me correctly. I could be mistaken though it's been a few years. Man now I wanna play oblivion again...

Ramisha

When your awesome gear doesn't match

Cormac117

When you grind FOREVER to get an item you want, but it doesn't have the right stats so you replay the mission again.
Looking at you Kid Icarus.....
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Midnight Breeze

Random encounters every 5 meters.

Chromastone64

Okay, I'm probably going to hunt one of every monster in Monster Hunter, and then I'm DONE with this game.
Seriously, it's getting way too hard, cheap, and tedious.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Dark Hooves

playing through several missions back to back without dying a single time on halo reach

Ramisha

Oh, oh I know, how people complain about games being too different or too similar and not having elements they like e.g. Wow this final fantasy sucks. They should have made something just like ff7.
Then go play that game or go make your own game  >:O

Chromastone64

I swear, if I see another person rip on Skylanders without actually playing it....
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Peace Keeper

In Battlefield 4. I usually NEVER rage quit, and I hardly rage. I can tell when I am facing a tough team. I take my defeat (even though I hate it, cause I constantly lose) and I try again next time. I always show good sportsmanship.

The thing I hate when it comes to getting defeated, is being on a team that gets in your way, burns your position, bails out on you, closes the door in front of you, quits early, just stay there, and doesn't provide cover behind you (especially when you have 5 people, ALL looking in front and no one looking behind). This was that rare moment I actually rage quit. I was very stressed out of my mind. I feel much better now, and I hope to not run into more than one of these problems ever again.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chack

The fact that I think my WiFi adaptor is burning out and I can't play online for more than 5 minutes at a time without losing the connection.  ono
Wait for it...

Mr. Gency

Frame rate drops on console games.
The best part of a stealth game is sitting in a dark corner, listening to some guards talk about mundane things.

Go Up