Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Puynsi

New players saying "You are Lv 30! Be a Lv 30!" I mean... cmmon... I am Lv 30 not a platinum ranker...

Well..... to counter Teals argument...

If you are new practice... ironically there are bots, Easy and intermediate, while easy can be defeated with the most ridiculous strategy and champions, Intermediate are pretty much more difficult, even to the point of loosing against them.

My point, if you are new, practice and be open to critic, since if you are new, theres a lot of posibilities of being flamed for being new.
And please! you can invite some low-levels so the matchmaking sets you up with more low-leveled people.

Still that doesnt assures that you wont be up against a Gold ranker multi-acc user... Just saying

Teal Turken

Spoiler: Response to Punysi • show
Yes that is true, you can play against bots either by yourself or with random people or friends.

The main problem is you can only learn so much about the game by easily stomping down on bots no smarter than a tree and getting your face hit with a tree by the bots. At some point, you'll have to play real games and learn how people play champions so you can learn to counter them.

You're talking about League of Legends in specific where as I was talking about all games in general.

PlanetSide 2 immediately drops you into a huge battle with no tutorial the second your faction's intro ends.
Sonic Lost World's tutorial is awful on Wii U, forcing you to look at the gamepad and tap an icon, which may lead to you running into a baddie, a trap or right off the ledge of the stage. (You can switch the view to the gamepad, but you got it on Wii U to use it on the TV. >:/)

Games with very long, drawn out beginnings or that force you to play the tutorial each time you start a new game.
Dark Souls, Borderlands 1 and 2, Skyrim and Oblivion (Oblivion is good though since you can save at the exit and then recreate them infinitely).
Actually this is mostly a trope related to RPGs, especially open world RPGs.

Puynsi

When RPGs turn into a graphical novel.... (Yeah Im talking about you Square Enix)

Howitzer

When playing WoT the entire team goes one way, leaving the while team flanked and still cant even fight the one front everyone went to.       

Or when you're 1 sec. away from capturing a base, and that ONE scout comes out of NOWHERE and sends it back to 0.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Ramisha

Games with ridiculously long craft times.
Right now I'm waiting for my pair of boots to finish crafting. It's been 2 hours. One more left....
Oh, did I mention the materials you need to make the boots are wool, charcoal, gold and linen. And it's not even a special pair of boots. Just regular ugly brown boots.
I had to pay a crystal for the wool.

Randam Saiko

I will be using quotes from an Evelyn player I fought against today.

"i have 0 deaths so far hahahaha noob"
"15minutes 4 0 6 noooooooob"
"cant catch me im so fast"
"look top at how fast i can go bet u cant ctch me"
"come on catch me already noob @#&!"
"surender plox this is waste of my time u cant win"

Time of all messages from Eve-  8:03-20:26
Number of messages between that time period- 17
Number of messages that were from Eve- 17
Number of messages from other players- 0
Results of the match: Victory

These types of players need counseling; that's all i am going say.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Puynsi

I hate when new players come along and they have that magical.... "1º time luck" I mean... when you play something for the first time, its difficult, but you can handle it and get some pretty nice scores...

For some reason your efficiency starts going down like a scale... where "Game skill its inversely proportional to the time" at some points you even stall... but then or you get bad, or you get godlike lol

Ramisha

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2013 Dec 21, 21:59:09
I will be using quotes from an Evelyn player I fought against today.

"i have 0 deaths so far hahahaha noob"
"15minutes 4 0 6 noooooooob"
"cant catch me im so fast"
"look top at how fast i can go bet u cant ctch me"
"come on catch me already noob @#&!"
"surender plox this is waste of my time u cant win"

Time of all messages from Eve-  8:03-20:26
Number of messages between that time period- 17
Number of messages that were from Eve- 17
Number of messages from other players- 0
Results of the match: Victory

These types of players need counseling; that's all i am going say.

That's one really overly confident Evelyn.

Puynsi

Try to remember those players that are really hard to get (AKA "The Tank") and despite the fact of losing every single team fight, solo fight or whatever, he will always writte on the chatbox "Oh sorry, did you tryed to get me?"

Ramisha

When I heal people and they say "thanks" EVERY TIME
I know you're being nice, but it's my job, you don't have to say it EVERY time.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Dec 22, 12:49:44

To add to that, aren't they suppose to be murdering the enemies instead of typing?

It's better than having to heal the ones who only insult and bash you for doing your job or sacrificing yourself for them.

My OCs

Prismatic

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2013 Dec 22, 13:13:03
Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Dec 22, 12:49:44

To add to that, aren't they suppose to be murdering the enemies instead of typing?

It's better than having to heal the ones who only insult and bash you for doing your job or sacrificing yourself for them.

Reminds me of macros and modifications to World of Warcraft.  They actually have interface modifications that whisper players if either they are healing/resurrecting or one that whispers back "thanks" if I heal them.

Firey

Attempting to add mods in ArmA 2 but when you try to run them errors appear and you spend tedious hours trying to manually resolve the issue(s).   :l
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Zaner

Quote from: Firey on 2013 Dec 23, 04:02:15
Attempting to add mods in ArmA 2 but when you try to run them errors appear and you spend tedious hours trying to manually resolve the issue(s).   :l

I had that problem when trying to get DayZ to work. And then like 2 weeks after I buy Arma 2 to play it, the standalone DayZ came out. UUUUGH.

Teal Turken

The dragons in Skyrim have Attention Deficit Disorder. :l

Howitzer

When you meet a fellow brony or friend... THAT ON THE OTHER TEAM!!!
and then you kinda don't want to destroy them, but you still have to.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Puynsi

When you win a match because of a good player, and the next match you have to fight against him/her. lol

Nala Valor

When only 1 character in a game is able to drop your FPS down to 1 because if how it works. (Talking to you LeBlanc)

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Howitzer on 2013 Dec 24, 00:53:01
When you meet a fellow brony or friend... THAT ON THE OTHER TEAM!!!
and then you kinda don't want to destroy them, but you still have to.

Brony = "Why must I do this...."
Friend/Family = "I'm going to target you only until you run outta lives just to mess with you. *Maniacal Laughter*"

My OCs

Puynsi

Random guy on interent while playing:
"Im sure we can pull this off in a tactical way"

A friend:
"Lets run in circles and shoot until we run out of ammo and then the one who gets more knifes frags win" :yaoming:

Go Up