Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 29, 00:12:34
Bosses like Sephiroth in KH2 who require insane amounts of reaction and memorization to beat, or for you to mass stock up on high potions but I think you can only hold like 5 items maybe a little more in the battle menu. (Nothing ever seems to block his crazy limit break when he gets 3 or 4 bars left except reflectga I think that's what it's called and you can only use that around 5 times then have to wait for the animation to end, and by that time you're low on MP in the battle from his crazy harvest attacks.)

For a crazy bonus boss, KH2 Sephiroth wasn't that bad, especially compared to KH1 Sephiroth.

And neither is close to the bat-*yay* insanity that is
Spoiler: early BBS spoilers • show
Possessed Zack
Seriously, that guy... for those who haven't played the game, he spends most of the fight spamming a quick sequence of very fast teleporting attacks that goes on about four times longer than is necessary to kill you on Proud Mode. Get hit by one strike, and it's almost impossible to escape the ones that come after it, i.e. you die. As far as I can tell, the only reliable way of surviving is to use a certain type of certain type of special attack, which makes you invincible for the duration, if you time your button presses very well.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Rissian

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Oct 29, 00:31:09
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 29, 00:12:34
Bosses like Sephiroth in KH2 who require insane amounts of reaction and memorization to beat, or for you to mass stock up on high potions but I think you can only hold like 5 items maybe a little more in the battle menu. (Nothing ever seems to block his crazy limit break when he gets 3 or 4 bars left except reflectga I think that's what it's called and you can only use that around 5 times then have to wait for the animation to end, and by that time you're low on MP in the battle from his crazy harvest attacks.)

For a crazy bonus boss, KH2 Sephiroth wasn't that bad, especially compared to KH1 Sephiroth.

I've kind of learned how to beat his harvest attacks you time it just right and cure as he stops talking or near that, it may use MP but you would have lost the MP anyways so it saves your life often. I'm either level 40 or 50 so being under leveled probably doesn't help. Not to mention my save is a few years old so I had to re-learn how to play the game. Sometimes I just like to re-fight bosses for fun so I save before the fight then make a separate save afterwards.

Sephiroth 40+ wins I have around 1-2 wins.  ovO

I can't remember KH1 Sephiroth it's been so long since I last played KH1, and I don't have KH1 anymore.

Book Smarts

When a pokemon trainer has one pokemon with moves that one shot your pokemon  >:/

Rissian

How accurate Guillotine is in the Pokemon battle tower my friend told me it sucked how much the AI could use it on you.

Mr.Darkling

Kill stealing...
and no I don't mean people taking "my" kills; I care little about KSing. I mean when I take other's kills (in League of Legends mostly.)

There's no such thing. They're OUR kills because league of legends is about the team, the team composition, the team tactics and the teamwork.
Some people care more about their kills than they do about functioning as one with others and winning.

That is one of many things that annoy me.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Darkangel

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 30, 19:28:30
When a pokemon trainer has one pokemon with moves that one shot your pokemon  >:/

When one of your favorite Pokemon has so many weakness, and possibly a 4x weakness.

*cough*Omastar*cough*
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Oct 31, 01:54:37

When one of your favorite Pokemon has so many weakness, and possibly a 4x weakness.

*cough*Omastar*cough*

Gyrados.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Darkangel

It still annoys me that ghost is super effective against ghost and that psychic types can learn shadow ball. Because if you faced my team, you would knock it out so easily with shadow ball and since psychic types are normally used, it's goodbye for my team. >:/
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Oct 31, 02:11:27
It still annoys me that ghost is super effective against ghost and that psychic types can learn shadow ball. Because if you faced my team, you would knock it out so easily with shadow ball and since psychic types are normally used, it's goodbye for my team. >:/

dragons are super effective against dragons.
Ghosts are super effective against psychic attacks and Psychic types are effected by Ghost attacks. o3o right?

Blues-Music

Psychic is mostly mental power correct?The mind channels fear.People are usually afraid of the dark , ghosts , and insects.Thus effectivness.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 31, 16:30:10
Psychic is mostly mental power correct?The mind channels fear.People are usually afraid of the dark , ghosts , and insects.Thus effectivness.

Yep. Sense those are basic fears that occur in most human minds they decided those would be their weaknesses in the game. Sense they use mental powers, they could be affected by their own powers physically.

Book Smarts

When you utterly beat the enemy team in the early game, only to have them miraculously come back in the end game to win  DD:

Tiger

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 02, 02:00:27
When you utterly beat the enemy team in the early game, only to have them miraculously come back in the end game to win  DD:

ALL MY THIS!

This happened countless times in Team Fortress 2.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Flamestriker

I think most of us can agreee on this - underwater levels in games. They're annoying and you controls become unfamiliar and frustrating.  :I
[move][/move]

Julius

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2012 Nov 02, 06:53:27
I think most of us can agreee on this - underwater levels in games. They're annoying and you controls become unfamiliar and frustrating.  :I

Depends on the game. Sometimes it's quite enjoyable.

An annoying thing is when a series changes the controller layout and a bit of gameplay.

Assassin's Creed 3 is amazing but the controls are odd at first. :P
Purr~

Zygrograxgra

Spoiler: fixed for readability. You NEED to work on just BASIC level of writing, please. It's physically painful to read what you post. • show
Psychic is a mostly mental power correct? The mind channels fear. People are usually afraid of the dark, ghosts, and insects. Thus the effectiveness.

When I can't take tons and tons and tons of shots in shooters
I like being a bullet sponge, it's fun.
I dun like dying right away, I like being able to take the damage but still have it matter.
So lots of health and no health regen, instead needing Medpacks.
That's my kind of shooter.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Blues-Music

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Nov 02, 07:31:53
Spoiler: fixed for readability. You NEED to work on just BASIC level of writing, please. It's physically painful to read what you post. • show
Psychic is a mostly mental power correct? The mind channels fear. People are usually afraid of the dark, ghosts, and insects. Thus the effectiveness.

When I can't take tons and tons and tons of shots in shooters
I like being a bullet sponge, it's fun.
I dun like dying right away, I like being able to take the damage but still have it matter.
So lots of health and no health regen, instead needing Medpacks.
That's my kind of shooter.
You do realize the only thing you added was "The." after  thus , and an "a" before mostly.How is that painful to read?Besides those weren't there because I forgot to put them in.
Maybe you should think before you reply.

stealthunicorn

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 31, 01:58:46
Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Oct 31, 01:54:37

*cough*Omastar*cough*

Gyrados.

dragonite :(
But on the plus side they have that Haxorus (or whatever it's name is) and I have really been liking that one :D
I imagine the game to go like this:
Me: "Enough already! you scare it awa..."
Someone else: "Leeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyy Jenkins!"
Me: ".... Dang it."

Blues-Music

When a game makes a weird kind of language.Like in starfox adventures , Banjo kazooie , and animal crossing.I mean  if you can get a voice actor why don't you tell him to talk instead of having him say "RE RE RA RE COA SINOA KREZOA PALACA AIJLDDS"

lurk852

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 02, 09:40:01
When a game makes a weird kind of language.Like in starfox adventures , Banjo kazooie , and animal crossing.I mean  if you can get a voice actor why don't you tell him to talk instead of having him say "RE RE RA RE COA SINOA KREZOA PALACA AIJLDDS"

Personally, I love the voices in B-K.  :P

And in answer to your question: because voice acting an entire game's worth of dialogue requires a heck of a lot more memory that could be used for other things, not to mention you have to pay 'em to do a lot more talking.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Go Up