Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2013 Feb 16, 18:43:33
Spoiler: show
Mmm... a few things I'm going to speculate on, just because they seemed out of the ordinary.

Starswirl the Bearded's incomplete spell probably wasn't written by Starswirl the Bearded. I'm betting Discord wrote that spell, since its only effect was to cause... well, chaos. We know that Discord's magic can take away horns and wings, so I don't find it a stretch that it can swap cutie marks. The fact that the spell affected the Elements of Harmony, which was conveniently kept in Twilight's care specifically also help support that theory.

So, yeah. We haven't seen the last of this.

Plot twist! Starswirl the Bearded transformed from a unicorn into a draconequus, thus becoming Discord!
Wouldn't that be amazing?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Feb 16, 18:25:09
But the story's not over yet Julius. Season 4 promises more of this particular arc, and I wanna see more!

Oh, I know, the story is not what troubles me, I know it will be continued and I can't wait for that. It's just that... What happened on this episode happened so fast... It could haw been expanded more for sure. It seemed like Twilight found the solution so quickly, and then we're in space and there's a song and then come the wings and then there's a coronation! It was too much, too fast in my opinion. -.-

However, as I said I still enjoyed it. It was still epic, it was still fun, I still loved it. It just went by too fast is all. :P

Great episode indeed. It could be my favorite so far believe it or not. I felt so many things going through that... Lots of liquid pride man, lots of it. :')
Purr~

Gracie Sky

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 16, 18:54:06
Plot twist! Starswirl the Bearded transformed from a unicorn into a draconequus, thus becoming Discord!
Wouldn't that be amazing?

Oh god... that's not out of the realm of possibility and it's crazy enough to work. Just imagine Twilight's role model ending up as that annoying creature she wouldn't touch with a 9 1/2 foot pole. Celestia also stated that Starswirl the Bearded did not understand the magic of friendship that Twilight knows, a trait he shares in common with Discord until recently.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Midnight Breeze

Julius

Oh my, I just caught up on the posts in here. Blues, you troll. lol

Fair points everypony! ^-^
Purr~

Lightning Wing

2013 Feb 16, 19:36:51 #825 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 21:20:51 by McSleuthburger
  This episode is truly Beautiful.  A lot of my questions were answered and I was left wanting more.  I always wondered what that book was that Princess Luna summoned at the end of the Crystal Empire part 2, it was Star Swirl The Bearded's spell book.  And Princess Celestia had this planned out from the beginning.  She actually watched Twilight from the beginning, ever since she arrived in Ponyville.  And Celestia singing caught me by surprise in more ways than one, her singing voice is beautiful.  And I always wondered what the next level of Twilight's studies are, she was given spells to practice while other stuff went on like during Wonder bolt Academy.  And the final test was finishing Star Swirl The Breaded's unfinished spell.  That showed that Twilight was ready to become Princess.  Twilight Sparkle was able to do this with the help of her friends.  This episode had me and tears and always will for as long as I live.

Congratulations Princess Twilight Sparkle.
>.< :3 ;) :] :D ^-^

Morning Glory

ERMAGERD!!!

So the spell is broken right? It messes up destinies. So maybe Starswirl messed up either his or his friends' destinies and couldn't fix it so he went mad with grief and guilt, becoming Discord, who messes with reality and hence, everypony's destiny. Sounds more like a fanfic than anything that would actually turn up in the show, but hey, a girl can dream. Headcannon ho!

Also, if S4 opens with Twilight waking up a unicorn and Discord loling at her telling her it was all a dream I will lose my sh- stuff....stuff or mind! Lose my mind. But in the best possible way.

Little Judas

Fun Episode, not the best, mostly because the main reason I watch ponies is for the laughter and this one was more serious.

Complaints: Maybe too many songs, a bit short and not much background information about what happened.
The first one is just personal taste and the other two will hopefully be solved in the rumoured follow-up episodes.

Positive: The explanation of the Black Book.
Yes I know, there is a lot more positive but this stands out.

I think I remember someone asking why Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't promoted with wings for his work in the field:
The show itself said he didn't understand friendship enough.
My own supplemental theory thinks SSTB invented spells based on known Magic, where as TS created/perfected a whole new (way of using) Magic.
It's just some thinking...

My question is, why did only CM from the others from the mane 6 change, instead of more ponies?
Area of effect, subconscious thinking about them while casting, ...? All possibilities.

Liquid pride --> brilliant way to save your manliness.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Julius

Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Feb 16, 23:28:50 #829 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 23:32:46 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Morning Glory on 2013 Feb 16, 20:19:32
ERMAGERD!!!

So the spell is broken right? It messes up destinies. So maybe Starswirl messed up either his or his friends' destinies and couldn't fix it so he went mad with grief and guilt, becoming Discord, who messes with reality and hence, everypony's destiny. Sounds more like a fanfic than anything that would actually turn up in the show, but hey, a girl can dream. Headcannon ho!

Also, if S4 opens with Twilight waking up a unicorn and Discord loling at her telling her it was all a dream I will lose my sh- stuff....stuff or mind! Lose my mind. But in the best possible way.

Yeah, I think it'd be a really cool plot twist. Not the waking up thing, the Starswirl actually being Discord thing.

I just realized!! Pun incoming:
In this episode, Pinkie Pie became Apple Pie!

Lightning Wing

2013 Feb 16, 23:47:32 #830 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 17, 10:15:36 by Lightning Wing
Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Feb 16, 21:08:44
Fun Episode, not the best, mostly because the main reason I watch ponies is for the laughter and this one was more serious.

Complaints: Maybe too many songs, a bit short and not much background information about what happened.
The first one is just personal taste and the other two will hopefully be solved in the rumoured follow-up episodes.

I think I remember someone asking why Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't promoted with wings for his work in the field:
My own supplemental theory thinks SSTB invented spells based on known Magic, where as TS created/perfected a whole new (way of using) Magic.

My question is, why did only CM from the others from the mane 6 change, instead of more ponies?
Area of effect, subconscious thinking about them while casting, ...? All possibilities.

Of course there's going to be a lot of songs it was a big event.  I have to agree on the theory you have about Star Swirl the Breaded.  honestly I feel stupid for not thinking that book might be star swirls because there's stars and swirls on the cover.  at least I know nopony else caught this so everypony fails.   lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lightning Wing on 2013 Feb 16, 23:47:32
Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 Feb 16, 21:08:44

Of course there's going to be a lot of songs it was a big event.  I have to agree on the theory you have about Star Swirl the Breaded.  honestly I feel stupid for not thinking that ook might be star swirls because theres stars and swirls on the covor.  at least I know knowpony else caught this so everypony fails.   lol

Well, Celestia said in the episode that it was Starswirl's notebook of spells.

Dawnstar

Had to cut my earlier thoughts a little short because I had to go to work, but I still think there were a few too many songs for how short the episode was though I think it was due more to time constraints.

However, this doesn't change the fact that all the songs were great. Heck, I was fighting back tears when they were all miserable doing things the weren't meant to do (A True, True Friend might actually contest a spot in my favorite songs), and man, I hope Celestia gets to sing more as the series goes on because that was just beautiful.

I'm really interested to find out just how many times Derpy actually made an appearance because I've seen three different places in screenshots now and I've heard she's appeared up to 5 times total in the episode, but my eye for spotting such things is terrible though. In fact, with how many times she's shown up in this one episode I wonder if it's not the animator's way of making up for her lack of appearances in the rest of the season.

Also, the theory that Discord might actually be Starswirl is a very interesting theory and would actually make for some very, very interesting backstory. Now I really want a pre-equestrian lore episode. There is so much potential lore that could be expanded that hasn't so far and such episodes would be undeniably awesome.  :3

Final thoughts: I also feel a bit silly for not catching who the notebook belonged to sooner. It's so obvious and yet so not obvious at the same time.

Also, pinkie is ponyville's celebrity, no question.

Rad Thunder

So we're now discussing the possibility that Discord is Starswirl the Bearded? Well, let me and my imaginary writing mind make up a scenario about that:

According to Hearth's Warming Eve, Starswirl lived before the founding of Equestria, and apparently his apprentice was a founder. We might not know what happened to him, but somehow his book survived, with the unfinished spell in it.
So here's where Discord comes in. In a bid to perhaps live forever let's say, he tried a spell that turned him into Discord. This probably warped his mind in a way, causing him to forget his past. Hence he used his chaotic powers to try and rule Equestria, only to be stopped by Celestia and Luna.
Fast forward over 1000 years to when Discord's freed, returned to stone, freed again, and reformed. After the events of Keep Calm and Flutter on, perhaps Discord stumbled upon his old book, and it all came back to him. Maybe he armed the spell in the back that would switch the CMs and destinies when Twilight would read it, either on his own, or under Celestia's order as Twilight's final test. Then the book was sent to Twilight, and the rest is history. Then in Season 4, Princess Twilight is told the truth about this entire plan. Discord comes forth revealing he was once Starswirl.

And now I recharge my brain for a bit... :P

Chishio Kunrin

Pipkin

wow, that is alot of singing.  That will be a big project for me......eventually.

Firstly, Derpy returns, huzzah!!

In terms of the episode itself, not bad, but not alot really happened aside from the painfully obvious, but I won't comment on my approval/disappointment until after I see the other parts that will apparently wrap up the rest of this extensive plot twist.

now, to sleep off this hangover....

Iodine

Ugh, I'm sorry but I really dislike the theory of Starswirl being Discord. I'm not even sure where that theory came from.

Chishio Kunrin

Darckwar

2013 Feb 17, 01:10:42 #838 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 17, 01:12:25 by Darckwar
That part were Twilight got hit with the magic and went to the other place, I don't think others will see it this way but honestly to me, it? felt like twilight died here, blotted out by a backlash of the magic used to heal her friends... On entering the astral plane she was met by her angel, her goddess... who walked her though her life and all the good she's done... ending with her being reborn, brought back to life as an Alicorn.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Darckwar on 2013 Feb 17, 01:10:42
That part were Twilight got hit with the magic and went to the other place, I don't think others will see it this way but honestly to me, it? felt like twilight died here, blotted out by a backlash of the magic used to heal her friends... On entering the astral plane she was met by her angel, her goddess... who walked her though her life and all the good she's done... ending with her being reborn, brought back to life as an Alicorn.

They weren't the only ones whose cutie marks changed:

Go Up