Now Recruiting: Concept Artists, 3D Modelers and 2D Artists!

Started by Liska, 2013 Mar 08, 17:35:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KreativeMagic

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Apr 24, 01:44:19
Quote from: KreativeMagic on 2013 Apr 21, 13:14:51
I really want to apply for concept art, but I don't know what to have in my portfolio! I am three classes away from receiving my AA degree in art, do you guys think they would want to see art I've done in my classes as well as leisurely art? and how about fanart of other shows/movies/etc...?
Don't think of this as trying to please us with fancy looking drawings. Think of it as showing us who you are, what you love, and what you're capable of. The only thing I'd suggest beyond that is to try to show breadth of styles/work if you can. We're looking for individuals above all.

Awesome! So would, say, my deviantART profile be fine as a portfolio?

Tekner

Quote from: KreativeMagic on 2013 Apr 26, 13:15:01
Awesome! So would, say, my deviantART profile be fine as a portfolio?
CA isn't my dept, but judging by the poster on the front page "...email a link to your online portfolio...", I'd say that sounds right. Don't forget the other things it says you must include, among them being your Skype name and a recommendation that you can showcase non-MLP things as well.

Ariah101

TwinFlame

okay so im 14 and im new to 3d modeling with blender but im making proggress and i know it says you have to be 16 X( wich i dont like but i completly understand but if i could show you some of my greatest work and mabe you can take me into thought
Derpy-Hooves-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-28651950-720-405.jpg

Tiger

Quote from: Ariah101 on 2013 May 06, 20:31:54
"All applicants must be at least 16 years of age."

-sigh-  >A<

Quote from: TwinFlame on 2013 May 19, 01:54:54
okay so im 14 and im new to 3d modeling with blender but im making proggress and i know it says you have to be 16 X( wich i dont like but i completly understand but if i could show you some of my greatest work and mabe you can take me into thought

Surely they have their reasons for the applicants needing to be 16 and above. Don't be upset  X3

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Tekner

Quote from: TwinFlame on 2013 May 19, 01:54:54
okay so im 14 and im new to 3d modeling with blender but im making proggress and i know it says you have to be 16 X(...

Quote from: Ariah101 on 2013 May 06, 20:31:54
"All applicants must be at least 16 years of age."

-sigh-  >A<

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 May 19, 03:28:49
Surely they have their reasons for the applicants needing to be 16 and above. Don't be upset  X3
Indeed. Among the top reasons being maturity.
Also realize this: You're still an early adolescent. You should be focusing more on you and your life. This project may be all-volunteer, but make no mistake: it can turn into a full-time job if you let it, hehe... If you're that passionate about wanting to help, then remember that practice makes perfect and keep drawing/modelling/whatever-ing!

To the rest of you: don't forget that you can still help us without being on the development/PR teams. We need you guys to keep us motivated!

Ryo_D_Disk

Tekner that is a challange im more than willing to accept my freind so keep up the awsome work

Little Judas

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 May 19, 15:54:02
Among the top reasons being maturity.

HA! Bet you couldn't type that with a straight face.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Tekner

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 May 19, 19:35:11

I'm not sure I follow? :/
If you are referring to that I can be immature, then I certainly will not deny that. I am only eighteen, an adolescent and teenager by some definitions. I'm sorry if I've upset you, but I do ask that you message me about that and not clutter this thread.

Little Judas

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 May 20, 02:29:04
Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 May 19, 19:35:11

I'm not sure I follow? :/
If you are referring to that I can be immature, then I certainly will not deny that. I am only eighteen, an adolescent and teenager by some definitions. I'm sorry if I've upset you, but I do ask that you message me about that and not clutter this thread.

I am not upset nor was I talking about you, you seem serious enough. But there are some others...
Not that I mind that either, it gives the team a still a wise but also a youthful image.
I like it this way.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Jenzy

And I suppose the team is busy as I have yet to receive anything from Anya.

I'm unsure whether I should resend my application or not. I have sent one, wondering whether my application, which was sent as a reply, made it though a few weeks ago. Though, there was no response.

GlassMirror

I didn't receive anything either, but im being patient with it. i know Anya has a lot to do ^-^

McSleuthburger

Just make sure you sent it to the right address, and it will be seen by the appropriate ponies
right now we are all very busy with work / class / real life things so some times it takes a while
no need to send a 2nd email that just makes more work for everyone (and we dont want that because that will slow down progress)

any other questions just ask and they shall be answered
McSleuth

Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 May 21, 17:28:03any other questions just ask and they shall be answered
McSleuth

Pancakes or Waffles? :P
Purr~

McSleuthburger

Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

sky sketch

I'm a coming sandwich
[move][/move]

Mizuki

I'm also curious if you guys are still recruiting ^-^

I do kind of have an eye on the concept artist position, though I'm sure you guys have a lot of those already ono

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

PrincessButton

Quote from: Mizuki on 2013 Jun 08, 09:20:12

I do kind of have an eye on the concept artist position, though I'm sure you guys have a lot of those already ono
Well I am assuming they are still recruiting, since the topic is still open.. If they weren't, they'd probably have gotten rid of it by now. ^-^

And no such thing as too many CAs!
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Mizuki

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jun 08, 11:30:51

Well I am assuming they are still recruiting, since the topic is still open.. If they weren't, they'd probably have gotten rid of it by now. ^-^

Ahh that's a good point. Thank you! :)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

PrincessButton

Quote from: Mizuki on 2013 Jun 08, 12:18:22
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jun 08, 11:30:51

Ahh that's a good point. Thank you! :)
No problem! Good luck with applying if you do decide to.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Go Up