Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Randam Saiko

Spoiler: How painfully true this comic is • show

But overall, the message is that what you see in yourself which you think is ugly is pretty to others.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH *Flips table, flips couch, throws TV out the window*
There's something wrong with our DVR!!! It keeps messing up on recordings, so the audio gets out of synch!!! >:O I wanna watch the Story For Steven episode of Steven Universe, but I can't get the full effect if the audio is horribly out of synch!!! *Sets the house on fire*

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

puplover34

The fact the no-one can see that Loki is innocent!   D: Who knows what I'm talking about?
Puplover34 :P

Chibalt

Quote from: puplover34 on 2015 Apr 10, 20:09:28
The fact the no-one can see that Loki is innocent!   D: Who knows what I'm talking about?

Do you mean norse mythology or the asgardian loki from Avengers? Because the latter kinda was being mind-controlled and the former, while not exactly innocent, didn't actually mean to do the stuff he did that ended up as bad as it did.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

puplover34

Avengers Loki. Speaking of which, is anyone else uncontrollably excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron?  :D :D :D :D :D
Puplover34 :P

Chishio Kunrin

Cats' territorial attitudes, sometimes.

My friend Grace has had a stray cat hanging around her house, and she was afraid he was gonna get himself hurt, so we brought him over here, and she named him Riley.

Weeeell... he chased off my stray cat Bobbie. X3
Then, Bobbie came back and I started petting her (him? We've started questioning what Bobbie is. The benefits of choosing gender neutral names!), and Riley suddenly hurried over next to me, like "Um, no, this is my human." Excuse you, I just met you a few minutes ago, and I've known Bobbie for several months. o.O

I hope they can work something out and coexist around here because I reeeally love Bobbie. :\ Riley is sweet and all, especially considering he instantly loves us, but Bobbie is my big pretty silver kitty kitty who originally came back just because I showed her love.

Sunshine Smash

Well. I've just about had it with this vacation. Buckle up, I wasn't able to post the past couple days.

The visit to Africa was horrible. My whole family was being antagonistic because I felt nervous of what was going to happen when my mother's card wouldn't work when we were trying to buy an extremely expensive rug. I don't care how good it looks. A rug is a rug.

I felt like we were going to get robbed at some point. No I'm not trying to be offensive, everywhere we went was run down and sketchy, I felt that if weren't going to be pickpocketed by some people hanging around, we would be held at gunpoint from the many street merchants we turned down. Not to mention where we parked our car didn't look good either.

We walked for a while, sat in stores for hours, buying nothing, except for that stupid rug. When we did buy something, it was some stupid $500 blue leather jacket my bratty sister wanted.

And I feel like bringing up my siblings' behavior here. Sure, I wasn't exactly a good person here either, but at least I didn't act like a spoiled brat whenever I was brought somewhere I WANTED TO GO! I didn't even want to go anywhere! I just wanted to sit in my room and relax, but I had to go out and walk around places I don't want to go!

And I haven't even brought up what happened after Africa.

Why not start with the ferry ride back to Spain? It was horrible. I wanted to sleep on the ferry ride back, listening to some music. I decided to put on Rainbow Factory on a low volume. (I find it relaxing at low volumes.) So I'm just enjoying my sleep, and all of the sudden, what do I hear? If you've listened to the song, you'll know what I mean.

You know that part where Glaze says, "With the help of the magic of a Pegasus Device."? Apparently, my sister thought it would be a laugh riot to blast my ear buds. So guess what happened? I bolted awake terrified because my ears hurt from that. (This could have severely damaged my ear buds, or ears themselves, by the way.) And I guess my whole family thought it was hilarious as I struggled around the seat, searching for my ear buds, completely terrified, with music blastingthe into my ears. And when I demanded to my parents that she apologized, because, y'know, potential ear damage, they didn't care, and didn't care that she was laughing about it.

Then we drive multiple hours to some Roman city, that once again, I was not interested in in the slightest. Just because my brother wanted to go. And guess what? He acted like a spoiled brat! He was getting into a bit of a squabble with my father, because he was being a brat. And he thought he was justified! And started shouting insults and profanity at our father! And he didn't even get punished for! The worst that possibly happened is that his headphones got a little damaged, because he tried wrestling from our father's hand, which, once again, he didn't get punished for!

Then we start walking around the city, and it's really hot out. And I had to walk around at absolute minimal interest. The best possible thing that happened was that I got a lot father in Rage of the Gladiator.

Then we drive about 8 hours to get back to the military base in Rota, where we are now, where after several days, I finally found an American outlet with the right amount of voltage for me to charge my 3DS. The car ride was horrible, my brother and sister wouldn't shut up with their stupid talking. And I couldn't sleep at all.

I feel like bringing up more about my brother here. As you read previously, I was listening to Rainbow Factory on the ferry. I brought my ear buds along and listened to music for the majority of the trip, possibly the only thing I could actually enjoy after entering Africa, because I couldn't charge my 3DS in Africa. (And before you jump on me for saying I'd rather be to myself than enjoy the "beautiful Roman and African scenery" don't. It's not as great as it sounds, and gets dull extremely quick.) And he accused me of being anti-social. Excuse me? Who do I have to be "Social" with? My spoiled brat brother who thinks he's always right, and thinks he can get whatever he wants? My spoiled brat sister who thinks that potentially deafening someone, and laughing at them for being nervous is funny? My mother who sides with the other two more often than not? Or my father who's always busy figuring out what to do next, or joking around with my brother? No thanks. I'd rather keep to myself and be the anti-social music listener I want to be. Thanks.

Meh, most of this slipped past my mind, so I'll wrap it up now.

I thoroughly hated this trip. Not only did I find nothing fun to do, I actually found to to be incredibly annoying. To make it worse, it actually took up my entire Spring Break, I don't get back home until Sunday morning!

And before you say, "Oh, if you hated so much, why did you go on the trip? Why not stay behind and let them go?" If you know my mother, she DOES offer a choice. But not really. She'll ask you "Do you want to go on this trip?" You can't answer no. If you do, she'll sit around and yell at you until you get in the car. So I didn't have a choice.

Feh, if you've read this far, thanks for listening to me complain about my horrible trip. You are a trooper, and I apologize for not seeing you in the OSW.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

equestrianAce

I cannot stand quick time events in video games.
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

Chishio Kunrin

Bees are dying. If the bees all die off, we're doomed.
So, save the bees!

Bees are the #1 spreaders of pollen, and the spread of pollen is what keeps the cycle of plants reproducing going. If more plants don't grow, then when the old plants die, what do we do? We need plants for oxygen and food!

Save the bees, please.
Bees aren't as mean as you think. They're hesitant to sting you because they know they can only sting once.
Wasps, on the other hand... :/ Wasps can sting you as many times as they want, and they know it, so they're willing to do it.

Now, I'm not sure my city has much of a problem with keeping bees fed, since the city is just covered in flowers to where everything gets a layer of yellow every spring from the pollen. But other places, the bees are struggling.

If you have a beehive near your house, and you want it gone, call for someone to relocate the bees, not kill them. If they're nice, the people relocating the bees might give you some of the honey they pick off of the hive. :3

But yeah, it annoys me that the bees are in trouble, and there isn't that much awareness being spread about this.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 11, 20:09:25
Bees are dying. If the bees all die off, we're doomed.
So, save the bees!

Bees are the #1 spreaders of pollen, and the spread of pollen is what keeps the cycle of plants reproducing going. If more plants don't grow, then when the old plants die, what do we do? We need plants for oxygen and food!

Save the bees, please.
Bees aren't as mean as you think. They're hesitant to sting you because they know they can only sting once.
Wasps, on the other hand... :/ Wasps can sting you as many times as they want, and they know it, so they're willing to do it.

Now, I'm not sure my city has much of a problem with keeping bees fed, since the city is just covered in flowers to where everything gets a layer of yellow every spring from the pollen. But other places, the bees are struggling.

If you have a beehive near your house, and you want it gone, call for someone to relocate the bees, not kill them. If they're nice, the people relocating the bees might give you some of the honey they pick off of the hive. :3

But yeah, it annoys me that the bees are in trouble, and there isn't that much awareness being spread about this.

Oh I know bees are useful, and people always tell me that they're hesitant to sting...but I'm the guy who stepped on a hidden wasp's nest when he was 3 years old. Lifelong fear of any small, buzzing thing to follow.  >A<

It doesn't mean I'm out to kill bees if I see them...and not just because I flinch in terror at the mere sight OR sound of one.  I know they're doing their own thing and shouldn't be bothered for that.  Just don't bug me, and we'll be good, m'kay?  :/

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Apr 12, 00:16:29 #15930 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 12, 01:23:16 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Apr 11, 20:41:59
Oh I know bees are useful, and people always tell me that they're hesitant to sting...but I'm the guy who stepped on a hidden wasp's nest when he was 3 years old. Lifelong fear of any small, buzzing thing to follow.  >A<

It doesn't mean I'm out to kill bees if I see them...and not just because I flinch in terror at the mere sight OR sound of one.  I know they're doing their own thing and shouldn't be bothered for that.  Just don't bug me, and we'll be good, m'kay?  :/

I'm kind of afraid of bees, too, to be honest. X3 When they're flying around, I try to stay far away from them. I also try not to disturb them in any way because I don't want to provoke them and also don't want to hurt them.

Post Merge

Really stupid thing:
PETA is trying to act like getting wool from sheep hurts the sheep.
It does not.
It's like getting a haircut.
You just shave the fur off.

Also, domesticated sheep don't shed their wool like wild sheep do. They need the wool sheared off.
You see this sheep?
Spoiler: Sorta big photo • show

He escaped and lived wild for 6 years, and that's how much wool he had when they found him.

This is what it looks like when you shear a sheep:

Shearing does not hurt the sheep. PETA is a joke.

Caligan_Soulice

I absolutely despise rude co-workers/associates. I go to work everyday, and almost everyday I have to watch, listen to, or see an associate ignoring, being rude, or completely down-talking other associates or even customers. Gets under my skin in the worst way.
Buzzy buzzy Buzz Buzz~! Ooh.. honey! ?

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 12, 00:16:29
I'm kind of afraid of bees, too, to be honest. X3 When they're flying around, I try to stay far away from them. I also try not to disturb them in any way because I don't want to provoke them and also don't want to hurt them.

Post Merge

Spoiler: show
Really stupid thing:
PETA is trying to act like getting wool from sheep hurts the sheep.
It does not.
It's like getting a haircut.
You just shave the fur off.

Also, domesticated sheep don't shed their wool like wild sheep do. They need the wool sheared off.
You see this sheep?
Spoiler: Sorta big photo • show

He escaped and lived wild for 6 years, and that's how much wool he had when they found him.

This is what it looks like when you shear a sheep:

Shearing does not hurt the sheep. PETA is a joke.[/spoiler]

More than once I've ducked reflexively when I hear a bee buzzing somewhere even near me, or even a fly if I don't have enough to distinguish it from a bee...I barely was able to keep walking past a display at an airport once because it was piping in the sounds of a hive to "enhance" the exhibit it had on bees, for whatever braintrust reason they put an exhibit on bees in a LUNA FORSAKEN AIRPORT TERMINAL. >:O

And on the latter subject, PETA and I have very rarely gotten along.  Considering they've attacked my childhood friend Pokemon twice now, and their logic is full of enough holes I could direct a Wailord through one, I have many issues with them.  I feel bad for admitting this, but I really hoped their Minecraft server was griefed to heck and back...I refuse to check in on their site and give them ad revenue though, so I have issues keeping up with their current events. 

Also, I had no idea domesticated sheep don't shed wool naturally.  I wonder how that evolved...  :s

Chromastone64

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Apr 11, 20:41:59

That's me, too. Back when I was about eight, I got stung at our country park RIGHT before we were about to eat. I freaked out so much my mum had to take me home and give my food to another family. I also remember back in my infant school, there was what me and some other kids thought was a wasp on the entrance. A big, orange, evil-looking one.
I was terrified of that doorway for the rest of my time there. Hornets are EVIL. Luckily no-one got stung.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sakura_Blossom

When I buy something online and I have no Idea when it will arrive.

LostSanity

I may have beaten it... but...

THE PERSONA Q: SHADOW OF THE LABYRINTH FINAL BOSSES.

CAPTOR SPIDER AND IT'S ANNOYING REGROWING LEGS
>:O

CLOCKWORK GOD AND THAT STUPIDLY ANNOYING GEARS OF TIME.  >:O

But I still won.

SO TAKE THAT YOU HARDER-THAN-IT-SHOULD-BE GAME!!

:P
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2015 Apr 12, 14:53:35
When I buy something online and I have no Idea when it will arrive.
Okay so a while ago I order Majora's Mask 3D on eBay, but my sister's eBay profile had our OLD ADDRESS. So it basically got sent to the other side of the country. And THEN all the way to me. So there's a good example of having completely zero idea of when it could possibly arrive.

TLDR, MM3D got sent to my old house on the other side of the country and THEN got sent all the way to me and it took forever.
I'm back

Greyscaleisme

When you realise just how much you have screwed up your chances at good grades by actually thinking you have a social life. Then feeling really guilty when you focus on schoolwork because you think that people actually like you, and you don't want to disappoint them by not being available.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Sunshine Smash

I got 4 hours of sleep last night. I'm not tired now, but I'm gonna feel it later in the day.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Nuserame

Stainless Steel is a great mod for Medieval 2: Total War! If medieval 3 will be anything like it then I would but it in a hearthbeat, despite the annoying DLC stuff they do these days.

But then there's the crashes. Crashes after battles, crashes doing mundane things, crashes in your crashes, dawg. Some of them can erase like an hour of progress and doing that all over becomes a huge slog, especially if it might just crash again.

Meh.

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Apr 13, 18:43:46
When you realise just how much you have screwed up your chances at good grades by actually thinking you have a social life. Then feeling really guilty when you focus on schoolwork because you think that people actually like you, and you don't want to disappoint them by not being available.

Id just like to say that no good friend will be mad at you for giving your schoolwork priority, just make clear why you can't hang out with them and if they are worth keeping they wont think any worse of you.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Go Up