Royal Academy of Magic (Jump-In!) - IMF&M ended; Current Class: Dragonology

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Aug 30, 16:37:00

previous topic - next topic

IMF&M ended, current class: Dragonology.  Please vote for the next class!

Inter-Magical Forces and Magitronics
0 (0%)
Dragonology and Other Beasts
3 (7.5%)
Summoning
4 (10%)
Biology
1 (2.5%)
Swimming
0 (0%)
Space and Flying Studies
1 (2.5%)
Music
1 (2.5%)
Practical Applications of Magic
0 (0%)
Magical Items
2 (5%)
Runeology
4 (10%)
Magic Glyphs
1 (2.5%)
Magic Drawings
0 (0%)
Shadow Magic
8 (20%)
Healing Magic and Herbology, Potions
4 (10%)
Elemental Magic
9 (22.5%)
Ancient Magic
2 (5%)
Other (please suggest in OOC or PM me)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Go Down

Bravo 658

Wavelength was both impressed and comforted by the dragon's action.  It meant that the teacher and dragon knew each other well enough to not retaliate when threatened by each other; it looked like a prank act in a close friendship.  He was slightly disappointed that the dragon was otherwise occupied, and the lesson would probably be delayed while the situation unfolded.

Winds

Whispering Winds was just behind the professor, quiet now but curious nevertheless. However, after the filly standing near the dragon was adressed, the light green pegasus left the safety of Shard's nearby presence and walked towards her, standing on her side and smiling; being careful not to make any sudden movements she might regret. The dragon was really close now but so was the little filly. Whispering just stood there, smiling to the small pony, it was a comforting smile; a real smile.
The sky is our friend. We need but to learn. ~Whispering Winds

My knowledge surpasses yours tenfold. ~Nightstar Dreams

bauccgia0

Earl Grey began setting up the various plants he had taken inside, when he looked outside, and saw the little filly and the dragon.

That doesn't look good.

GalvinRoe

"What the buck is all them doing here, big Kyu. Why don't you tell me bout people who were coming, I don't wanna get between no dragon hunt or somethin." The slinky mare backed away from the dragon. "I'd help-yah Big Kyu, but ponies gotta look after emselves, Ima go now." But she was intercepted by a kindly looking mare. "APPLESPICING PONY HOOVES!" The mare screamed at this pony she hadn't noticed before turning about. "Look here, Ima leaving, all yous take dragon and do with Big Kyu. I dun want no things to do with you."

Putting up her hooves, and holding her beret as she began backing up, the filly's 'gang brand' blanched on her face, her pupils contracted; becoming tiny little quivering circles.

Grizzly

((wow, i missed alot... guess i'll keep my char sleeping until the next class X3))
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

bauccgia0

The commotion outside became too interesting to ignore, and he had put everything where it needed to go. No need to sit around in here. He trotted down the stairs, out to the courtyard, where the dragon was. What's going on out here? The question wasn't demanding, but simply inquisitive.

Dark Hooves

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

PPBG

"Woah. Calm down. Please. No harm is intended to be done to anypony, or dragon for that matter," Shard said, looking up at Kyslu, who nodded in reply. "This isn't a dragon hunt." The unicorn smiled gently. "Just a guy introducing a friend of his to others. That's all."

Not recognizing the voice behind him, Shard turned his head to see the new arrival. He backed up a bit so he could see the filly and the stallion with a slight head movement. Keeping his gaze mostly on the filly, the unicorn answered the pegasus' question. "Ah, not entirely sure. A class was going on," he said, with a trace of strained humor. He didn't really know what to do with either of them. Both were strangers to him, although the pegasus looked vaguely familiar. Perhaps a teacher on campus?
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Winds

Nightstar Dreams

Nightstar had just walked through the big doors of the academy entrace. After travelling for quite a while she was finally there. All she was carrying was her sash, that she used to help with the magical focus and incantations, and a special book - safely in its place on a bag designed for carrying just a single book - that was important to her. She was supposed to teach ponies about everything she discovered in all of her years of research; heh, that could be fun. Seeing somepony fail a spell and getting thrown away or simply being roasted... nopony could best her though. Her knowledge and skill was far greater than anypony's. That's what she thought anyway.

After several minutes of exploration she sadly did not find the library, but she did find the secretary's office, and entered.

Whispering Winds

The green pegasus's smile was cut short when the little filly said she was already leaving. She stepped forward, trying to gain the young one's attention and trust, motioning for her to stay, her smile returning to her face.

LostSanity

Quote from: PPBG on 2013 Dec 11, 17:11:08
"Woah. Calm down. Please. No harm is intended to be done to anypony, or dragon for that matter," Shard said, looking up at Kyslu, who nodded in reply. "This isn't a dragon hunt." The unicorn smiled gently. "Just a guy introducing a friend of his to others. That's all."

Not recognizing the voice behind him, Shard turned his head to see the new arrival. He backed up a bit so he could see the filly and the stallion with a slight head movement. Keeping his gaze mostly on the filly, the unicorn answered the pegasus' question. "Ah, not entirely sure. A class was going on," he said, with a trace of strained humor. He didn't really know what to do with either of them. Both were strangers to him, although the pegasus looked vaguely familiar. Perhaps a teacher on campus?

A sweatdrop appeared on the back of the heads of both Mage and Flare. They actually kind of forgot this was a class as well. They took out their notebooks and began to take notes at this point.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Winds on 2013 Dec 11, 17:52:31
Nightstar Dreams

Nightstar had just walked through the big doors of the academy entrace. After travelling for quite a while she was finally there. All she was carrying was her sash, that she used to help with the magical focus and incantations, and a special book - safely in its place on a bag designed for carrying just a single book - that was important to her. She was supposed to teach ponies about everything she discovered in all of her years of research; heh, that could be fun. Seeing somepony fail a spell and getting thrown away or simply being roasted... nopony could best her though. Her knowledge and skill was far greater than anypony's. That's what she thought anyway.

After several minutes of exploration she sadly did not find the library, but she did find the secretary's office, and entered.
The secretary was busy as ever, wisps of smoke and dragon fire flying this way and that across the room, sometimes popping into existence as stacks of paper, sometimes incinerating other stacks and flying back through pipes in the walls.  Quills filled themselves with ink and signed hundreds of forms; a stack of stamps continuously cleared or rejected hopeful applicants, a small piece of graphite rapidly graded entrance examinations so quickly the papers flying through literally hummed.

As with many rooms here, this room was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside, with doors that went to areas that could not possibly be there without clever use of spatial magic.  The window looked out onto the Academy gardens in a way that didn't make sense unless you realized it was actually a portal as much as a regular window, and the walls seemed to change color depending on the Secretary's mood.

All this the mare could see and hear as she found the secretary's office, the entrance to Admissions and Records.  As soon as she passed the doorway, the Secretary spoke.  "Nightstar Dreams, here to teach Ancient Magic, combat-oriented.  Please fill out these forms and sign these waivers, and I'll get you your roster schedule and have you entered into the system."
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

bauccgia0

Earl pulled back a bit. Well, sorry to interrupt. It was clear he had misconstrued the humor as being directed at him. However, he smiled after, clearly not minding. Might as well take the moment to introduce myself. Name's Earl Grey, I'm going to be teaching Herbology.

Bravo 658

Wavelength shrugged and took a seat as the situation slowly resolved itself.  It seemed this field trip didn't have much advance planning.

Winds

The smaller pony nodded in response "Alright, I can do that." She took the quill and filled all the necessary papers, before nodding to the secretary again to show that she was finished. "I do hope I'm not late for my own class. Can't possibly lose the chance to show a few ponies how to... defend themselves."She finished, waiting for her new items to be delivered to her.

Despite her age and stature, Nightstar had a mature behavior thanks to how her life used to work.

Bane Emural

The small bot finishes its work and goes into standby mode. Bane picks it up and puts it into the small cube vault. He sits behind his teacher's desk and begins organizing work for students.
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

blobking156

After finishing her selection of books, she checked them out, and walked to her classroom. once she got in, she pulled out a book and started reading

GalvinRoe

QuoteWhispering Winds

The green pegasus's smile was cut short when the little filly said she was already leaving. She stepped forward, trying to gain the young one's attention and trust, motioning for her to stay, her smile returning to her face.

and

Gūzen zōo looked more than a little skeptical. One would have to say her face was the very image of someone that didn't buy the half-baked truths being thrown at her. "Sure - yea." The lengthy filly sneered at the ponies around her. "I just stay around an get beaten in tha dragon hunt. Know how it goes here. Know that dragon hunt not legal but dragon magic things very good for tha magical stuff ponies make." The filly's broken common pouring over them again as she shook her head, her sarcasm dieing.

"Lista' don want animo' trouble righ' now. Just come to Canterlot and don' know people here."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Winds on 2013 Dec 11, 19:07:11
The smaller pony nodded in response "Alright, I can do that." She took the quill and filled all the necessary papers, before nodding to the secretary again to show that she was finished. "I do hope I'm not late for my own class. Can't possibly lose the chance to show a few ponies how to... defend themselves."She finished, waiting for her new items to be delivered to her.

Despite her age and stature, Nightstar had a mature behavior thanks to how her life used to work.
The scrolls vanished in a puff of smoke as soon as she was finished, sailing through a pipe in the wall.  A moment later some papers appeared, alongside a map.  The secretary smiled politely.  "Welcome to the Academy, Professor Dreams.  Your schedule and roster are there, along with a map of the grounds and various other helpful information sheets.  Your room..."

The map unfolded itself in impossible ways until it was a nearly perfect three-dimensional replica of the Academy, with one of the rooms in the towers highlighted, along with the most convenient path from the mare's current location.

"...and you won't be needing keys here, the magic doors are security enough.  Nothing to accidentally misplace somewhere.  Your uniform for formal events, and other useful items, will be in your lecture hall.  Oh, and of course identification forms for transportation and community event discounts."
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Winds

"Hmm, okay." She said while analysing the map. After a brief moment she took everything that was handed to her and moved out of the room. Following the map now... it was easier to find places inside the building, how convenient. Looking outside through a window, she saw a group of ponies, but what was really catching the attention there was the dragon. An oriental dragon in here? Interesting. Looking more closely she also saw a small pony, a little younger than her if not her age, wearing a red beret. Now where she has seen this before...

Finally, Nightstar shrugged and continued moving. What was more important to her right now was to find her classroom. Despite being lost in her thoughts she was aware of where she was going, and stopped in front of a door. Double checking the map... yep, this is her classroom. "Just want to take a quick look..." She whispered to herself. As soon as she went inside she saw another pony, sitting on her chair. Ugh, now there was apparently a lost figure inside. She addressed him from where she was standing. "I dont know if you noticed but this is my class. What do you think you're doing here?"

Bane Emural

Bane stops organizing the work and looks at the young filly. "Your classroom? You must be mistaken. I had chosen the task of teaching the students of Ancient Magic. What of you?"
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Go Up