Royal Academy of Magic (Jump-In!) - IMF&M ended; Current Class: Dragonology

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Aug 30, 16:37:00

previous topic - next topic

IMF&M ended, current class: Dragonology.  Please vote for the next class!

Inter-Magical Forces and Magitronics
0 (0%)
Dragonology and Other Beasts
3 (7.5%)
Summoning
4 (10%)
Biology
1 (2.5%)
Swimming
0 (0%)
Space and Flying Studies
1 (2.5%)
Music
1 (2.5%)
Practical Applications of Magic
0 (0%)
Magical Items
2 (5%)
Runeology
4 (10%)
Magic Glyphs
1 (2.5%)
Magic Drawings
0 (0%)
Shadow Magic
8 (20%)
Healing Magic and Herbology, Potions
4 (10%)
Elemental Magic
9 (22.5%)
Ancient Magic
2 (5%)
Other (please suggest in OOC or PM me)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Go Down

Lusterless Nova

Nova looked at Majem
Out of this room, down the stairs, second road left and then just follow the sign that looks like an arrow with the coffee cup on it.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tuseday Fraulein on 2012 Oct 20, 19:12:12
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 20, 18:58:34
Quote from: Tuseday Fraulein on 2012 Oct 20, 18:45:41
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 20, 13:19:30
Quote from: Tuseday Fraulein on 2012 Oct 19, 22:54:53
From the front door Tuseday wander in the front door form her travels to what appeared to be an administration desk. Gently she rang the bell
Excuse me, but is there some pony I can speak to?

The Secretary came in from a door and bowed, embarrassed.  "I'm so sorry for making you wait.  Is there something I can do for you?"

Id like an admittance form, if its not too much trouble..
"Done!"

A scroll puffed into existence in front of the pony, along with a quill that filled itself with ink.

Almost as soon as she'd received the form, Tuseday had filled it out and returned it to the kind pony
The scroll vanished in a puff of smoke and sailed through a pipe in the wall.  An instant later a large cloud of smoke appeared and puffed into a stack of papers.

"Seems that you've been admitted, Miss Tuesday!  Welcome to the Royal Academy of Magic," said the mare with a smile.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chirp

"Thanks." He said and shook his head a little as he left the room.
With Nova's instructions, Majem quickly found the cafetaria. Majem breathed a sigh of relief and sat down someplace quiet. Still fatigued by the Illusion class, Majem picked up his lunch with his hooves instead. His white hair was still a mess, but he didn't care about anything else than his food in front of him now. With very small bites, Majem ate his lunch.

Voidwalker

Unable to form a refracting prism, Cloudy Zenith begins trying a different approach, forcing the light to split into several separate streams with her mana.
She then alters the color of the light in a manner similar to the light orb spell, using her magic to modify the wavelength by absorbing or adding energy.
The result of this is a staggered rainbow, that includes not only the normal colours but many hues and shades.
"Sir, is splitting the light then filtering it okay, or does it have to be altered by refraction?"

Maybe a little more ionization on the wings... Aaack!
Here are my OCs

LostSanity

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2012 Oct 20, 19:00:38
Nova watched mage's try. He chuckled and took a bottle of water out of his saddlebag and levitated it to him.
This was a good try. You may need some more stamina but i am satisfied with your result. Take some rest.
He wrote something on a piece of paper.

Mage was still breathing heavily, but, accepted the bottle, He opened the bottle with his teeth and drank from the bottle by biting the top of the bottle and lifting it up by moving his head up as he took a sip from the bottle before placing it back on his desk. He did it this way because he had spent all of his magic by attempting the spell.

Mage then laid back in his chair as he tried to rest and recover himself after using up all of his magic. He would probably sit there until some of his magic returned to him before he would leave the class and go searching in the library for tips on not only how to do illusion magic, but, for tips on increasing his magic stamina as well.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

PPBG

Shard closed his eyes. A small glowing sphere lowered itself onto Shard's desk. It grew a bit larger as it did so. It then became dimmer, gradually forming a semi-transparent sphere.
[glow=navy,2,300]( I wonder how we are going to control which color the light is. ... I should probably finish this part first...)[/glow]
The sphere became more transparent. It morphed into a cylinder, then a triangular prism. Shard opened his eyes and looked at the two prisms resting on his desk. He smiled and looked at Nova.

(( Once Nova responds to Cloudy, Shard will ask his question.))
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Lusterless Nova

Quote from: Voidwalker on 2012 Oct 20, 19:20:51
Unable to form a refracting prism, Cloudy Zenith begins trying a different approach, forcing the light to split into several separate streams with her mana.
She then alters the color of the light in a manner similar to the light orb spell, using her magic to modify the wavelength by absorbing or adding energy.
The result of this is a staggered rainbow, that includes not only the normal colours but many hues and shades.
"Sir, is splitting the light then filtering it okay, or does it have to be altered by refraction?"
Nova looks surprised at Cloudy
Impressive. Do you realize that you just skipped 2 lessons?

Voidwalker

"I've been reading several books on illusion. The practice with changing the colour of the light orb helped.
But there is still the problem of me being unable to split the light with a mana-formed prism."

Here are my OCs

Lusterless Nova

The prism is just one step to get a feeling for the colors. The next step would have been to shatter the light without a manifestation.
Since you are already able to do so without a manifestation you don't have to worry about that step.

Nova wrote some notes in a small book.
Interesting. To be honest i am not sure what to do with you for now. You already know what you have to know for today.

PPBG

Shard looks at Nova.
[glow=navy,2,300]" Excuse me, Nova?"[/glow]
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Voidwalker

Cloudy loses concentration and the illusion fades back into the beam of light.
She begins gathering mana to try again, deciding she will practice a little more then head to the library to read up more on the subject.

Here are my OCs

Tuseday Fraulein

After hours of searching she found a garden with plenty of open space. Finding a shady place under a great oak, she grabbed her flute  from her saddle-bag and began to play a soft melody.
I am who I am, what you see and what you don't

Lusterless Nova

PPBG

[glow=navy,2,300]" So, you want us to create a lens? Or can we just create a prism out of mana?"[/glow] he says, waving a hoof at his two prisms, the ice one starting to melt.

Lusterless Nova

Anything that gives you a feeling on how to shatter light is fine.

PPBG

[glow=navy,2,300]" Okay."  :) " That's good to know. How do you control the color? The result right now is just a basic rainbow. ... How are specific colors involved?"[/glow]

LostSanity

Mage felt better after resting awhile and felt as if his magic had returned to him. He wanted to thank the teacher, but noticed he was busy with another student, so, Mage didn't want to bother him.

Mage teleported his school supplies back to whence they came with his magic, and exited the classroom. Mage took out his map once again and looked for the library. Once he found it, with the help of his map, he made his way over there.

Once Mage was in the library... he planned on doing some serious studying on some more tips and tricks to do illusion magic better as well as how to increase his magic stamina.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Drgnwolf

Felt tried his best, he poured all he had into trying to form that lens, fortunately, he did! But with the excitement of actually doing it, he lost concentration and the lens faded as quickly as it had appeared, and left him drained of all his magical energy.

Lusterless Nova

2012 Oct 21, 07:46:36 #2698 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 21, 07:48:47 by Lusterless Nova
Don't jump too far ahead shard. Like i said this is only meant to give you a feeling for the shattering of light.
What you are thinking of will be taught in the next lesson.

Quote from: Drgnwolf on 2012 Oct 21, 07:32:53
Felt tried his best, he poured all he had into trying to form that lens, fortunately, he did! But with the excitement of actually doing it, he lost concentration and the lens faded as quickly as it had appeared, and left him drained of all his magical energy.
This was a good try. I want all of you to practice that spell until next lesson. If you have trouble you might want to ask other students for help

[The bell rings]
Alright everypony. The lesson is over. Please leave the room just as clean as you found it.
Nova cancels his spell and the room becomes bright again.

PPBG

X3
[glow=navy,2,300]" Okay... back to what we were talking about earlier, summoning, what does a chant consist of?"[/glow] Shard asked as his two prisms slowly disintegrated.

Go Up