Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

The median cost of a hip replacement surgery in the USA is upward of 50,000 USD. That means I could literally fly to France, get my hip replaced there, live there for a year, and fly back for cheaper than I could get it done here in the States.

Christ, I hope this fiasco of fixed by the time I get old.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 01, 08:53:34
The median cost of a hip replacement surgery in the USA is upward of 50,000 USD. That means I could literally fly to France, get my hip replaced there, live there for a year, and fly back for cheaper than I could get it done here in the States.

Christ, I hope this fiasco of fixed by the time I get old.

It makes me sad too, especially since I know for sure I'm definitely going to have medical bills when I'm old, since I already have arthritis.

My mom insists, though, that the overpricing on medical bills is to help cover the cost of things like using the machines and stuff.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

Some of the people are actually falling for the Facebook thing.

Night Pony

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 01, 13:13:28
Some of the people are actually falling for the Facebook thing.

Why is that a bad thing? Troll them to no end?  lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Pipkin

2014 Apr 01, 16:14:49 #12464 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 01, 17:32:49 by Pipkin
I despise April 1st more than almost any other day, including most holidays.  I try(And fail) to stay off the internet and away from as many people as possible on this day.....

Seriously, the 1st three things I see on facebook is all from the pages i'm following posting something ridiculously stupid (One was LoE's post).....

Mainly because it puts me in a very bitter mood, this mixed with people is never a good thing.

In the span of an hour I:
-Had to stand and wait at a service case for almost 10 minutes for service, which annoys me alot being a fresh department manager for one, and working in a service case store for two.  This should never happen and I will be telling my district manager this store needs a service paging system like my old store which didnt actually need it had(Yeah, this store is actually part of the company I work for making this even worse, and this was the second time IN A ROW this happened at this store.)  The only reason I even go to this store instead of my own is for reasons I still cannot comprehend my company will not let me carry the specific kind of bacon I buy, which happens to also be one of the top selling products in these stores which I should have access to anyways.
-Went to Tim Hortons to get a coffee and donut, and the kind I always get wasn't being carried by that location anymore, which wouldnt be an issue if the location i'm around the corner from also stopped carrying it.  Well whatever I opted for the other kind I like, get to the window and they're out of those too.  Seriously?
-Spilled said coffee all over my pre-aquired bacon, wallet and pants.

Prismatic

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Apr 01, 21:06:27
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 01, 16:14:49

Mainly because it puts me in a very bitter mood, this mixed with people is never a good thing.

I sense your sense of humor isn't very high. Should just stay in bed, then.

And at least you didn't have to wait four hours at a dealership on your day off, then have to pay over a thousands dollars for repairs that really didn't need to happen.

"Yeah. It'll just be $600, including labor." "Um. I meant $1056."

That's why I ask for everything up front and only authorize those repairs that are necessary...Or in this case getting Chevrolet's Twitter involved solely because the dealership has no idea that there are wires that connect my speakers to the primary wiring of the vehicle.  They would rather replace the speakers than the faulty cable harness.  :I

But rather, I have a third recall on my car, joy.

Ryo_D_Disk

oh I certainly do love when someone compleatly misses the point of what there being told

fun fact if I set somthing up even if I make it less obvious what the overachicing goal is its usaly for a good reason dont just plain ignore the signs im giving you

sometimes my work colleges can be smart

Ill give you a little quote for fun while im at it genuine quote (aside from the name)

"Ryo you are not trained on how to use the till so you shouldnt be doing anything on it"

Now ok for a normal user I could accept this fact.... If I wasnt the one who set the whole till system up and was the matinace guy for the tills as well as there emergancy cover

but it gets more fun because she has been telling the entire building im not trained on how to use the till or do there little bit guess what misses I can and bonus fact I can fix the issues faster than you... honestly sometimes work annoys me

byndbored

TOO MANY! BAD! APRIL FOOLS JOKES! "faints" (we need a tired/sleeping emote for the site by the way)
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Randam Saiko

People who think April 1st makes it ok to pull "pranks" such as fake proposals, faking crimes, and anything that can cause physical or emotional harm.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Apr 01, 23:18:45
People who think April 1st makes it ok to pull "pranks" such as fake proposals, faking crimes, and anything that can cause physical or emotional harm.

^When people do really stupid risky pranks. Some people don't seem to realize how easily some pranks can get out of hand.

If you're going to scare someone, you don't know how they'll react. Some people will actually instinctively punch whatever scares them. That's a good way for you to get a broken nose.
Also, don't pull a scary prank on a pregnant woman.

Never, ever pull a prank based on an allergy or medication of any kind, including laxatives. I'm serious, don't do it.
First of all, all allergies must be taken seriously, as some allergies can put someone in the hospital or worse.
Second of all, I've heard of a prank some guys did where they put edible chocolate flavored laxatives in donuts and handed out the donuts at their school. One of the teachers took a donut. He ended up having a pretty bad reaction to the laxative that put him in the hospital. So... yeah. Don't do that.

When a parent tells a kid they can't do something, especially if it's because they're about to leave, and as soon as the parent is looking away, the kid does it anyway.

Applestack

April Fool's Day and the morons who enjoy playing pranks on said day.
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

Midnight Breeze

2014 Apr 02, 09:02:53 #12471 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 02, 09:04:54 by Midnight Breeze
I'm rather amazed Weird Al still hasn't parodied any of Justin Bieber's songs.

Can we at least get an Eminem-style interview?

There's just so much dirt on Bieber right now...

BlazeyE

2014 Apr 02, 14:16:35 #12472 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 02, 14:19:10 by BlazeyE
Quote from: Prismatic on 2014 Apr 01, 21:41:00

That's why I ask for everything up front and only authorize those repairs that are necessary...Or in this case getting Chevrolet's Twitter involved solely because the dealership has no idea that there are wires that connect my speakers to the primary wiring of the vehicle.  They would rather replace the speakers than the faulty cable harness.  :I

But rather, I have a third recall on my car, joy.

And that was just my farm truck. My Tahoe, on the other hand, has probably 5 times the amount of things I /know/ need to be done to it, but I don't have money to fix it. Ball joints on both axles are out, the front end alignment is gone, the tires are essentially balds, some emissions thing has three error codes, all indicating a "major leak", and I'm pretty sure the timing on one or two of my cylinders are off.

It never ends. Ever.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 02, 09:02:53
I'm rather amazed Weird Al still hasn't parodied any of Justin Bieber's songs.

There's a reason to that. He usually parodies a song out of respect for the artist and their work. Parodying one of the Beib's song would be saying "I have respect for you, so I'm making fun of one of your songs."

Yeah. He has waaaaaay more self respect than that. Though, I think in his "Apocalypse" record, he does the "Baby" song in that Polka one.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

PrincessButton

I almost forgot that there was a thread on this forum just for venting and/or ranting.  X3

I couldn't sleep last night, even though I was exhausted, and now I am sipping on coffee as if it were my life force... I actually think it might be at this point. = o=
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Night Pony

I completely forgot about this thread.  X3

When a boss spams his undodgable attack and ruins your run. After that some new member comes and annoys everyone for fun with questions about the game after he read not to ask.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Ramisha

why
why
WHY
there are ads on EVERY OTHER WORD NOW

BlazeyE

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 03, 14:30:53

why
why
WHY

I actually think that's gotta be something with your browser. It did it on my chrome for a while, and then I, well, used the internet to see what it was. Turned out it was some adware thing that infected it, so I just deleted the extension, and it went away.

tldr; Use the internet.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

MrEmu

Spoiler: show
Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Apr 03, 17:26:41

why
why
WHY

I actually think that's gotta be something with your browser. It did it on my chrome for a while, and then I, well, used the internet to see what it was. Turned out it was some adware thing that infected it, so I just deleted the extension, and it went away.

tldr; Use the internet.
If I move my mouse over them so they pop up does that mean LoE gets some money for the add? if so Imma make ALL them pop up!

GoldenTerrabyte

When people say "screensaver" when they mean "background". A screensaver is the moving picture that shows up when you don't touch the computer for about a minute. A background is the picture you set to be the background on the main screen of the computer.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 03, 18:04:51
Spoiler: show
Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Apr 03, 17:26:41

why
why
WHY

tldr; Use the internet.
If I move my mouse over them so they pop up does that mean LoE gets some money for the add? if so Imma make ALL them pop up!

No, I don't think so, since LoE isn't hosting those ads.

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Apr 03, 18:34:16
When people say "screensaver" when they mean "background". A screensaver is the moving picture that shows up when you don't touch the computer for about a minute. A background is the picture you set to be the background on the main screen of the computer.

And backgrounds are also called wallpapers, but yesss. Exactly.

Go Up