Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Elphyda

Stalkers.  I'm too nice to shoo them away.

Chishio Kunrin

When I accidentally hit/punch something, and it hurts. :\
It happens oddly often.

Also... There's a design flaw in Texas houses that kind of annoys me.
It seems that most houses around here don't have basements. You'd think that, living in a region that's known for tornadoes, every single house ever built would have a basement. I was complaining about it a couple days ago, and the sound of thunder while I was typing this post reminded me.

I have to sit in the hallway whenever there's a tornado warning, but considering this is a single-story house and that tornadoes can utterly wreck a house, I don't feel all that safe in the hallway. I'd feel much safer in a cement box underground... also known as a basement. But noooo, for some reason, no one thought it would be a good idea to build all houses with basements.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 27, 02:31:27
When I accidentally hit/punch something, and it hurts. :\
It happens oddly often.

Also... There's a design flaw in Texas houses that kind of annoys me.
It seems that most houses around here don't have basements. You'd think that, living in a region that's known for tornadoes, every single house ever built would have a basement. I was complaining about it a couple days ago, and the sound of thunder while I was typing this post reminded me.

I have to sit in the hallway whenever there's a tornado warning, but considering this is a single-story house and that tornadoes can utterly wreck a house, I don't feel all that safe in the hallway. I'd feel much safer in a cement box underground... also known as a basement. But noooo, for some reason, no one thought it would be a good idea to build all houses with basements.

This is cursory research, mind you, but apparently basements were initially meant to be a foundation beneath the frost line: the depth at which water can freeze and cause soil to shift.  Because it's colder up north, the frost line is much deeper: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frost_line would suggest that Minnesota's frost line is somewhere around 5 feet underground.  But down in Texas (or California, where my homes have been) the frost line is significantly shallower, meaning contractors would have to dig much deeper than they already are aiming to do if they want to add a basement to a house.  I think there are other reasons related to what soils are in Texas ground, but it was getting too complicated for me to figure out how to explain.

I certainly don't want to diminish your unease, of course; I've never experienced a tornado before, but my dad's family lives in Louisiana and their homes were damaged by Katrina  back in 2005.  Just thinking about what kind of damage that can do is scary.

Chromastone64

Okay, a few days ago, I tried cleaning out my ears.
I now can't hear out of my right one.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Randam Saiko

Spoiler: My levels of tolerance towards physical displeasures in a nutshell • show

Me in pain: "I'm ok."
Me twisting a muscle: "I'm ok."
Me bleeding: "I'm ok."
Me Hungry and Sleep Deprived: "The world shall burn..."

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

PrincessButton

How about the fact that this board has reached 800 pages.  o.O
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Apr 27, 15:13:02
Spoiler: My levels of tolerance towards physical displeasures in a nutshell • show

Me in pain: "I'm ok."
Me twisting a muscle: "I'm ok."
Me bleeding: "I'm ok."
Me Hungry and Sleep Deprived: "The world shall burn..."

Yeah, I know that.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Apr 27, 02:59:22
This is cursory research, mind you, but apparently basements were initially meant to be a foundation beneath the frost line: the depth at which water can freeze and cause soil to shift.  Because it's colder up north, the frost line is much deeper: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frost_line would suggest that Minnesota's frost line is somewhere around 5 feet underground.  But down in Texas (or California, where my homes have been) the frost line is significantly shallower, meaning contractors would have to dig much deeper than they already are aiming to do if they want to add a basement to a house.  I think there are other reasons related to what soils are in Texas ground, but it was getting too complicated for me to figure out how to explain.

I certainly don't want to diminish your unease, of course; I've never experienced a tornado before, but my dad's family lives in Louisiana and their homes were damaged by Katrina  back in 2005.  Just thinking about what kind of damage that can do is scary.

I suppose that makes sense. I just wish we had better defense against tornadoes. :\
One effect that growing up in Texas has had on me is that, in my dreams, tornadoes symbolize chaos. The more tornadoes there are, the more chaos there is. I've had enough dreams like that to figure out that tornadoes have actual symbolism for my dreams.

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Apr 27, 15:46:00
How about the fact that this board has reached 800 pages.  o.O

Sometimes complaining helps people feel better. ovO Instead of just bottling up your annoyance, confess it.

Sunshine Smash

I'm pretty agitated by something in my MLP community. So a picture was posted, screencap of the latest episode, funny out of context and looks suggestive.

So one person calls everyone who likes that picture sick for liking it. But you know what? I don't care, people can think what they want to think, whatever.

But then, when another member calls her out on it, she cowers being the "It's my opinion excuse". THAT IS NOT OKAY! I don't care what you think, calling someone sick for liking someone is not just an opinion, it is an insult! It isn't okay!

And here's the best part, the founder, THE FOUNDER! Of the community refused to say anything to her, because he thinks she's free to unjustly call people sick! THAT. IS. UNACCEPTABLE! WHO DOES THAT? THAT IS NOT OKAY! YOU CANNOT SAY THAT SHORTLY AFTER YOU THREATENED TO BAN SOMEONE FOR BEING DISRESPECTFUL! That makes you come across as a dirty hypocrite! I might be taking this too far, but this is not an okay thing to do, especially from the founder himself!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 27, 18:38:38
Sometimes complaining helps people feel better. ovO Instead of just bottling up your annoyance, confess it.
this is what i try to explain when i'm complaining lol
i don't want it "fixed" i just wanna "let it out" X3

Chishio Kunrin

Facebook won't stop harassing me for information every single time I open the dang website! >:O
For several days now, every time I've checked Facebook, every. single. time. I'm met with "What high school did you go to?"
Shut up, Facebook! Maybe I don't wanna tell you!!

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 27, 23:11:49
Facebook won't stop harassing me for information every single time I open the dang website! >:O
For several days now, every time I've checked Facebook, every. single. time. I'm met with "What high school did you go to?"
mines haven't asked me anything for awhile and i left out so much info :3

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 27, 23:11:49

Aaaand reasons I don't have a Facebook.  That or I'm too lazy/don't really care for it.  ovO

Welp, finals are here, and my motivation to deal with several projects and study for tests is way low.  I got some progress done today, but I had to leave to get food and that motivation quickly vanished into the ether again.  Running out of time here, I can't afford to keep messing around.  :I

Elphyda

When people go back ontheir promises, resulting in your plans for the next couple days being messed up. What angers me more is when they consciously KNOW they are doing exactly that, [I]but do it anyway.[/I]

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 27, 18:38:38
This is very true! But I mean, the fact that we all have this much to complain about is unfortunate!
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lync Volan

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Apr 28, 01:35:18
This is very true! But I mean, the fact that we all have this much to complain about is unfortunate!
lots of steam for the Sauna so thats some good news X3

Chishio Kunrin

I dunno if I can trust news channels anymore. All they ever seem to do is twist and exaggerate things.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 28, 16:39:25
I dunno if I can trust news channels anymore. All they ever seem to do is twist and exaggerate things.

I feel like we had a conversation about sensationalist news media a while back...but then again, it is a recurring problem.

I admit I mostly get my news from comedy-based news shows, I think most of which are not suitable to link here, and as a result I'm aware I'm unaware of what's happening around me.  But to be fair, I get way too caught up in everything going on in my personal life that issues even a state over can be too "far reaching" for me to think about...One reason I feel lacking as a person.  :c

Elphyda

Missing a bus.  Four times in a row.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 Apr 28, 21:21:55
Missing a bus.  Four times in a row.

Wow that stinks.

I have a bus I wait coming off the train station, it sometimes comes every 30 minutes, and one time 1 hour, bringing over 2 buses to compensate, and only one time 3 buses to compensate.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Go Up