Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I wonder if their new trademark Guardians of Harmony has anything to do with how they keep having to put off season 5 episodes. o.O

Still trying to figure out what Guardians of Harmony even is. A new toyline? A video game?! The pony movie? What??
If it's a video game or the pony movie, that could cause DHX to keep having to split their attention between it and the show, as they write the story for the game/movie.

But this is all baseless speculation. X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jinxie Umbra

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 10, 00:16:12
I wonder if their new trademark Guardians of Harmony has anything to do with how they keep having to put off season 5 episodes. o.O

Still trying to figure out what Guardians of Harmony even is. A new toyline? A video game?! The pony movie? What??
If it's a video game or the pony movie, that could cause DHX to keep having to split their attention between it and the show, as they write the story for the game/movie.

But this is all baseless speculation. X3

Perhaps Guardians of Harmony is actually the name of Hasbro's new security company? After trolling the fandom with that season 6 announcement, all their staff will need bodyguards. lol

Sweet Brew

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jul 09, 18:47:01
Why?

That's almost worse than the one year wait for Season 5.

I really don't understand this. There's just no reason for this at all.

>:O
The reason is because MLP isn't on Hub anymore, so they're on a new TV station which means they have to fight their way in to get a new broadcasting schedule.

LostSanity

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Jul 10, 13:44:25
The reason is because MLP isn't on Hub anymore, so they're on a new TV station which means they have to fight their way in to get a new broadcasting schedule.

Not a good enough reason.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chromastone64

I'm so annoyed now. I just finished my first year of collage, and I'm going back in September. Here I was, thinking I was going to be able to watch a metric crud-ton of new episodes before I went back...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Dawnstar

Yeah, not too thrilled about the split season either.

At least the episode they stopped the season at was pretty good.

Spoiler: show

It was interesting to see both the favorite dreams and worst nightmares of the ponies. Fluttershy being brushed by a giant Angel had me laughing a little. Also, it was amusing how Luna assumed fighting off changelings would be a nightmare for Rainbow. I myself wasn't surprised at all because that kind of dream is well within her personality.

I can't imagine how Luna would handle my usual dreams. A good number of them would probably make Rainbow's seem tame in comparison. At least she wouldn't have to worry about dealing with nightmares though. Haven't had one in over a decade, though I do get the occasional one that's a bit unsettling. Usually happens when the dream itself becomes self-conscious.

I'm sure Dash would love my flying dreams though. I was going supersonic long before 4th Gen was even conceived.

Speaking of Rainbow, I found the contrast in her dreams to be kind of interesting. She would've been right in her element in her friend's nightmares, but her own nightmare went well past 'disturbingly cute' and into 'unsettlingly creepy.'

In truth it's a bit scary just how strong Luna's power actually is in the dream realm. Honestly, 'a world of nightmares' sounds far worse than 'eternal night' could ever be in my opinion.

Also, good grief I burst out laughing every single time Big Macintosh's dream-self came on screen. That was just hilarious.  lol

Chishio Kunrin

Big Macintosh doing a Sailor Moon esque transformation into Princess Big Mac? Lyra and Bon Bon stuck together like CatDog? Giant meowing Derpy Hooves? The superhero personas of Rainbow Dash and Applejack returning? Fluttershy conquering her fear (monster Angel) to use against the Tentabus? Flutterbat returning? Spike's tall buff daydream persona returning?

All of this was so awesome! :3 You can tell the writers were like "Well, it's a dream, right? We can do whatever we want! We can make references and bring back anything we want in this episode!"

Poor Spike was so sad to hear that Luna hadn't dreamed about him, but was still eager to find a way to help! I actually said "Aww" when he told Luna he'd stay up to keep an eye on everyone.

We learned that Rainbow Dash really hates cute with a fiery passion. We also learned that Pinkie Pie can lucid dream. Once again, we see that one of Applejack's biggest fears is the farm rotting away. We also learned that Fluttershy desires, deep down, to be taken care of for a change of pace. It makes sense. She takes care of dozens of animals every day, but never gets to take a break and have someone take care of her.

What about Pinkie's, Twilight's, and Rarity's fears? Are they really afraid of cake monsters, book monsters, and dress monsters? I would've liked to have seen their deep-down fears, rather than the Tentabus corrupting things in their dreams into monsters.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

Time for S5E13 thoughts.

MY GOD.

THIS EPISODE.

I don't where to start. Seriously.

EVERYTHING. Just... EVERYTHING.

It wasn't even because it was a Luna episode either. It didn't hurt though.  :P

Action-y!!

The dream sequences were pretty funny at times. Especially when Rainbow Dash's fight with the Changelings got turned into... MY GOD. I'D BE TERRIFIED OF THAT TOO. MAKE IT STOP!!  ovO

GIANT DERPY.

Princess Big Mac. I lost it when I saw that.

Spike goes knight!!

POWER PONIES
(I'm a superhero nut  :D )

Flutterbat. That got me too.

That ending too. THE FEELS.

Just...

THIS. EPISODE.

GREAT way to end it before the annoying hiatus. I'll give it that.

:D

Chromastone64

This episode terrified me lol
But yeah, nothing says "For kids" like someone tormenting themselves with endless nightmares as self-punishment.
I loved how ridiculous the dream segments were, though. Though I do have one question. (One I have for most of the episodes):
Where the HECK was Celestia in all this?! If you made a bubble around Ponyville, or even thought about joining their dreams, WHILE in Canterlot, how was Celestia not there? Was she awake all night or something?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Jul 13, 12:04:23
This episode terrified me lol
But yeah, nothing says "For kids" like someone tormenting themselves with endless nightmares as self-punishment.
I loved how ridiculous the dream segments were, though. Though I do have one question. (One I have for most of the episodes):
Where the HECK was Celestia in all this?! If you made a bubble around Ponyville, or even thought about joining their dreams, WHILE in Canterlot, how was Celestia not there? Was she awake all night or something?

Luna went to Ponyville where everyone slept. Plus I bet Celestia had stuff to do during the day and slept at night. In addition Luna said that nopony could help her with the dreams not even Celestia, it's something that only she can do.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Solarcis

I feel that the episode could have been a 2-parter, and we'd have this one episode to live with for a long time. But they didn't, and I respect that. At least it was a good episode.
I'm just a little filly that likes to help out people. My special talent is helping with morale.

LostSanity

The realization that the S5 finale may end up using something from a game that I like. Is this finally the moment when there's a reference from and something taken from something I know? Well... needless to say...

There's only one thing left to do.

"Paradoxes must break. This is the path I must take"

I just hope it doesn't end the way 13-2 did...  :'(

megadjmaster

The confirmed date for the 2nd half of season 5 is sept 12th
So episode 14 releases on that date and it's a rarity episode  ^-^

Moon Pearl

So when will be the start of the other half again o.O?

All Units. Battle Formation. Break Through the Front

megadjmaster

Yep that's the confirmed date the episode list wiki and EQD said so

SpectraDust

Can't wait for more ponies on September 12th! I think it's kinda stupid they did this whole hiatus thing. Let's hope we might get season 6 a bit earlier!

Moon Pearl

Quote from: SpectraDust on 2015 Aug 17, 05:57:15
Can't wait for more ponies on September 12th! I think it's kinda stupid they did this whole hiatus thing. Let's hope we might get season 6 a bit earlier!

I don't know, the Hiatus seem necessary to me... There are too many things that will possibly happen this next half..two crusaders getting their Cutie Marks, Fluttershy's brother coming to visit, Rarity going "Phoenxi Wright" on Twilight, that song with "Let it go" vibes in Episode 24...my gosh is gona be SO AWESOME  :3!!!

All Units. Battle Formation. Break Through the Front

Noob Bot 2.0

2 Episodes of Rarity! Yay!  *-*

LostSanity

Season 5 officially resumes this weekend everyonepony!!

Natfoth

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Sep 07, 18:01:29
Season 5 officially resumes this weekend everyonepony!!

yay!
Programmer Natfoth
The Experienced
Programming Lead[br]
Design by Princess Oliver, Avatar by CrabApple, OC by Natfoth

Go Up