Should certain members be given titles, and if so which ones and what types?

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Oct 05, 12:26:07

previous topic - next topic

Should there be titles? (all votes changeable, one vote per user)

Yes
12 (54.5%)
No
5 (22.7%)
Maybe yes, given certain parameters (please elaborate in comments below)
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Go Down

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chack on 2012 Oct 08, 21:50:37
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 08, 16:35:06
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 08, 14:54:56
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 08, 14:26:49
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 08, 13:02:33
I think the titles make ordinary users feel special...

So I'm still a nobody... ?
The truth is that we're all special. Our titles are just gimmicks ^-^.
Yes yes, you're not a nobody!  ^-^

Nobody here a nobody.  ^-^
Everypony is a somepony!  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 08, 22:48:09

so remember, fillies and gentlecolts, EVERYPONY is a somepony ^-^
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Plumeria Paradise

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 09, 00:51:51
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 08, 22:48:09

so remember, fillies and gentlecolts, EVERYPONY is a somepony ^-^

I know it's unreasonable but it still make me sad that I don't have a title.
I just think that...maybe...some people are sensitive on here and don't feel like anyone will listen to them if they don't have a title. Whether you say that nobody is a nobody, it still feels that way in some situations.
I also recognize that you can't keep all privileges out because some people don't like it - I'm just shining a different light on the situation.
I actually do like the notable pony idea where you don't keep the title forever, it's just for that month.
I understand notable pony that is user elected. whenever team members start giving out titles it seems a little more biased and a little less fair.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Plumeria Paradise on 2012 Oct 09, 01:31:48
I know it's unreasonable but it still make me sad that I don't have a title.
I just think that...maybe...some people are sensitive on here and don't feel like anyone will listen to them if they don't have a title. Whether you say that nobody is a nobody, it still feels that way in some situations.
I also recognize that you can't keep all privileges out because some people don't like it - I'm just shining a different light on the situation.
I actually do like the notable pony idea where you don't keep the title forever, it's just for that month.
I understand notable pony that is user elected. whenever team members start giving out titles it seems a little more biased and a little less fair.

I think that's the prime issue caused by these titles, they are cute and fun, and make users feel special, but some other users can get jealous, or upset that they don't have one, and feel unspecial. ono

The Wandering Magus

which then comes back to the question, should titles be available at all, to non-developers?
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Tiger

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 09, 01:38:25
I think that's the prime issue caused by these titles, they are cute and fun, and make users feel special, but some other users can get jealous, or upset that they don't have one, and feel unspecial. ono

I don't think anyone should have titles because of that.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 09, 02:16:29

meaning you don't think "they should have titles because of that" or "you don't think they should have titles" because of that?

Tiger

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 09, 02:28:16

meaning you don't think "they should have titles because of that" or "you don't think they should have titles" because of that?

Wrong word phrasing here X3
I mean that no one should have titles because it makes others feel unspecial.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 09, 02:35:01
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 09, 02:28:16

Wrong word phrasing here X3
I mean that no one should have titles because it makes others feel unspecial.
ah, thanks x3 so, because it would make others feel "unspecial", you think no-one should have titles, correct? x3 once more for complete understanding, because my brain is :P right now x3

PrincessButton

Yeah I can definitely see where Tiger is coming from, I mean, there is a 'downside' to each of the 'solutions' to the 'issue'.
With Titles: A few members can feel special and everypony can enjoy the cute little titles, but ponies without titles may feel unspecial or left out. (Although they aren't any less special, because the titles are meaningless)

Without Titles: Everypony is equal, nopony will have a powertrip due to a silly little 'title' above their name. But it's also less fun without them for some of the users who enjoy them being there, and those of us with titles would surely miss them.

If more users were given titles: The titles would become just another way to personalize your profile, they'd just be another decoration, and be truely meaningless, making everypony feel equal again.... but also that would probably be very... crowded? I can't think of the word... but unnecessary..

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 09, 02:46:37
Yeah I can definitely see where Tiger is coming from, I mean, there is a 'downside' to each of the 'solutions' to the 'issue'.
With Titles: A few members can feel special and everypony can enjoy the cute little titles, but ponies without titles may feel unspecial or left out. (Although they aren't any less special, because the titles are meaningless)

Without Titles: Everypony is equal, nopony will have a powertrip due to a silly little 'title' above their name. But it's also less fun without them for some of the users who enjoy them being there, and those of us with titles would surely miss them.

If more users were given titles: The titles would become just another way to personalize your profile, they'd just be another decoration, and be truely meaningless, making everypony feel equal again.... but also that would probably be very... crowded? I can't think of the word... but unnecessary..
confusing to the newcomers?

Tiger

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 09, 02:38:29
ah, thanks x3 so, because it would make others feel "unspecial", you think no-one should have titles, correct? x3 once more for complete understanding, because my brain is :P right now x3

Yes, that is right :3

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 09, 02:46:37
Spoiler: show

I'd lean more to having our own pictures or texts as our title, that way everyone can personalise their own profile and stuff, and no one will be sad :D
Though, like you said, it might take up more memory and such.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Oct 09, 02:58:49
Yes, that is right :3
great ^-^

I'd lean more to having our own pictures or texts as our title, that way everyone can personalise their own profile and stuff, and no one will be sad :D
would memory really be that much of an issue with such a powerful server? o.O

Tiger

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 09, 03:01:33
would memory really be that much of an issue with such a powerful server? o.O

ovO

The Wandering Magus

Tiger

Little Judas

Spoiler: So what you are saying is... • show

There should be equality in the...

Ponytariat.

Sorry couldn't resist, though it seemed fitting in this topic.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

PrincessButton

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 09, 07:54:40
Spoiler: So what you are saying is... • show

There should be equality in the...

Ponytariat.

Sorry couldn't resist, though it seemed fitting in this topic.

Yes, perfect.

Lord of Madness

Chishio Kunrin

So, it's either
1. Everyone gets titles and feels happy about their special titles. However, having a title won't be as special anymore because it's something that everyone has.
2. Some people are shown appreciation for whatever by receiving a title. However, some others feel unspecial or even jealous because they don't have a title.
3. Nobody gets a title, so everyone's level and no one is special.
4. Notable Pony becomes a title that gets passed along with each voting session, so each time someone gets to have a pretty title and feel special, then has to say goodbye to their title.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up