Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ComputerDeathglare

When my mom blames me for things. She is notorious for shifting blame to someone else, so I am incapable of knowing if something is truly my fault anymore. It's enough to drive a person insane.

Also, if someone can help me, I'm having a problem on Steam where I can't log in. It tells me that it can't connect to the servers. I've tried four different wifi hotspots and two different computers. The website works fine, but the app doesn't. I've tried multiple solutions, none works.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Nuserame

2014 Nov 08, 06:42:12 #14561 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 08, 07:07:46 by Nuserame
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 07, 14:05:53
Trying to explain to my silly nephew that there is no country called 'Netherland'. And no, it's not in southeast Asia, it's in northwest Europe.

Ironically, thats the literal translation of the Dutch name. Using the plural form in Dutch is really old-fashioned and stems from when it was still called 'The United Netherlands' due to it originally being a union state.

What I don't know is why the English can't call us or the Germans by the proper name. Dutchman = Nederlander, German = Deutschländer? Try explaining THAT to a 12 year old...

Post Merge

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Nov 07, 21:05:02
... "survival of the fittest"...

Not directed at you specifically, but the perpetual misuse of that term is somewhat annoying.

It refers to a species as a whole, its adaptation to an environment and its ability to adapt to other environments. 'Fit' as in 'fitting in', not as in 'fit physical condition'.

It does not apply to individuals. Individuals do not need to survive for a species to survive, they merely need to propagate before they die.

It is also non-applicable to human society. Poor and unhappy people actually reproduce more than the rich and happy few. Poor and rich people, startling as it may seem, are actually also the same species with little to no significant genetic differences (the sole exception being royal families which are slightly... damaged from inbreeding).

Evolution for humans stopped not long after we annexed the Neanderthals and learned how to adapt the environment to us instead of the other way around. (Yes everyone, you are about 2% Neanderthal! (with the exception of those of sub-Saharan African descent))
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chrisgotjar

I can't tell if I'm having a good art day or a bad art day o.O

On one hand I've managed to do some lineart and it's alright looking, then I go to another picture and find tons and tons of holes in both my lineart and colours... Ugh...

Also I went back to another picture I'd started drawing. I may need to work on making my sketches tidier before I leave them for long periods of time and have no idea what I was drawing.

Spoiler: art? • show
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Nov 08, 06:42:12
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 07, 14:05:53
Trying to explain to my silly nephew that there is no country called 'Netherland'. And no, it's not in southeast Asia, it's in northwest Europe.

Ironically, thats the literal translation of the Dutch name. Using the plural form in Dutch is really old-fashioned and stems from when it was still called 'The United Netherlands' due to it originally being a union state.

What I don't know is why the English can't call us or the Germans by the proper name. Dutchman = Nederlander, German = Deutschländer? Try explaining THAT to a 12 year old...

Ooh. Reminds me.
PewDiePie yells "Deutschland" at his dog Edgar, whenever Edgar is disrupting him recording a video, and now a lot of people think Deutschland is Swedish for "shut up" or something.

Some of them are hesitant to believe you when you tell them it's German for Germany.
"Then why does Pewds yell it at Edgar?"
me: "Have you met Pewds? He's weird! I dunno why he yells it at Edgar, but I do know with 100% certainty that it's German for Germany."
"How do you know?"
me: ":/ Well, first of all, it's spoken with a German tongue rather than Swedish. Second of all, it's one of the most well-known German words, like nein, eins, zwei, drei" and some I shouldn't say on this forum.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Ramisha

My country is importing meat from the EU that passed its expiry date because it's still not legally expired here. Smart thinking.
"I know how we can save money - feed our citizens rotten meat!" "You're a genius Jim. "

Randam Saiko

How most people assume I am fearless. Their reason being, "Well, you watch guts and gore and other creepy stuff." Just because I have a high tolerance for the unsettling, does not mean I am unable to feel fear. Also, if someone has a fear of something, do not think, "I can get him to get over his fear," by exposure therapy without their consent. If anyone does that, the subject cannot be held accountable for what they do next.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

The thought just occurred to me: If Harry Potter hated living with the Dursleys then why didn't he just buy a house with the vast wealth his parents left him?

I never thought about things like this when I was younger...

Greyscaleisme

When someone pops up out of the blue into an RP that specifically says its a sign up, and disregards the current plot/goings on in it completely.  >:(  :l
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 09, 14:46:26
The thought just occurred to me: If Harry Potter hated living with the Dursleys then why didn't he just buy a house with the vast wealth his parents left him?

Wasn't he kinda young?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 09, 21:16:46

Wasn't he kinda young?

Can't you be emancipated as young as 14 in the UK? Considering they locked him in his room and starved him half to death he ought to have a pretty good case for emancipation. Or at least elect other guardians.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 09, 21:56:20
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 09, 21:16:46

Wasn't he kinda young?

Can't you be emancipated as young as 14 in the UK? Considering they locked him in his room and starved him half to death he ought to have a pretty good case for emancipation. Or at least elect other guardians.

I didn't know that's a thing.

When I see something, and I'm like "Ooh, I should start watching that, looks neat!" but then I take a step back and realize I can't because "I already have too many things to watch!! DD:"
:c This is why I've been super selective about what anime I put on my To Watch list because the list fills up too fast if I'm not selective about it.

RWBY is on hiatus right now, but I also have
- Supernatural, which I've been watching with a friend of mine, but now her parents started a new rule where she can only choose one day during the period of Monday through Thursday to come over, but she can come over on Friday nights and spend the night.
- I need to see the conclusion of Cry Plays Phoenix Wright.
- I'm watching a silly Youtube series of Cry and Dodger playing a dating sim.
- Achievement Hunter has two Minecraft videos out that I need to see.
- X-Ray and Vav premieres on November 27th.
- I've been slacking off on keeping up with Legend of Korra.
- We've held onto a movie from Netflix for a while now because my mom and I want to watch it together. :I
- I have who knows how much stuff recorded on Tivo. X3
- I wanna watch Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, and now I also feel like watching through Teen Titans.
- Netflix has some anime on Instant Watch that I wanna check out.
- Etc etc etc etc etc
- When does MLP season 5 premiere, again?
- Etc etc etc

Pipkin

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, please make sure your topics are forum appropriate.  Thank you :)

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Nov 10, 18:03:19
Just a friendly reminder to everyone, please make sure your topics are forum appropriate.  Thank you :)

Wait, that was actually considered inappropriate? Okay, then.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Midnight Breeze

Being told I'm not a "real" environmentalist because I'm pro-nuclear power and pro-GMO. When I say I'm an environmentalist I don't mean I'm a card-carrying member of some organized club, I mean I want to protect the environment, no one on this planet but me can say what I "really" believe. I'm sorry if I don't just kneel down and believe whatever the so-called 'environmental leaders' tell me to believe. I believe in facts and science. It's not my fault all credible evidence supports nuclear power and GMOs. Sue me.

Greenpeace can rot.

Dark Hooves

i go to work and find a sauce carton put in backwards in a sauce dispenser, some people are so dumb lol
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Nov 11, 02:05:47 #14575 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 11, 02:08:44 by Chishio Kunrin
Character is shown carrying a small box on a strap over her shoulder like a purse, and another character practically states that her weapon (whatever it is) is in there.
Random person comes along and basically says this: "We've been told she's a mage, so I assume her weapon is a staff that casts powerful spells."
I...
You...
Gh....

Her weapon
is in
THE BOX.
WHY. ON EARTH. WOULD SHE PUT A STAFF. IN A TINY BOX?
HUH? HUH??
She wouldn't. If her weapon was a staff, she would attach it to her back in some way, like some characters in the show do with their weapons. Her weapon is not a staff!
And I'm not just assuming that her weapon is in the box. We were specifically told this in one of the Production Diary videos. But now it's been made super perfectly clear within the show itself, so anyone who pays any attention to the show should know by now, regardless of whether or not they watch any of the extra content.

Aside from that, there are no spells in RWBY. Yes, it's magic-like, but they're not just casting some magical spells like a wizard from Harry Potter or anything else. It's not like they can hold up a stick and go "FIREBALL!"
There are these crystals called dust. The crystals have elemental energy within them. They are mined, purified, and sold in various forms. New types of dust are created by combining any of the four naturally occurring types. They probably combine dust in factories or something. Dust can be activated by a person's aura, allowing them to manipulate its energy, but we have also been shown that powdered dust is incredibly volatile, enough so that a sneeze can cause an explosion.

Basically, dust is a mineral that acts as an energy source. It was even referred to as an energy propellant in volume 1.

Anyway, so, yeah, I'm kind of tired of people popping up and going "I think her weapon is a staff. ovO" when it's clearly not a staff. We're all stumped on what it could be, but everyone needs to stop repeating each other "It's a staff!" "It's a crossbow!" "It's a bow!" It's none of those! Everyone hush! If you have an actual idea on what could be inside the box, then speak up.

Sorry. :s
/rant

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 11, 02:05:47
Spoiler: show
Character is shown carrying a small box on a strap over her shoulder like a purse, and another character practically states that her weapon (whatever it is) is in there.
Random person comes along and basically says this: "We've been told she's a mage, so I assume her weapon is a staff that casts powerful spells."
I...
You...
Gh....

Her weapon
is in
THE BOX.
HUH? HUH??
She wouldn't. If her weapon was a staff, she would attach it to her back in some way, like some characters in the show do with their weapons. Her weapon is not a staff!
And I'm not just assuming that her weapon is in the box. We were specifically told this in one of the Production Diary videos. But now it's been made super perfectly clear within the show itself, so anyone who pays any attention to the show should know by now, regardless of whether or not they watch any of the extra content.

Aside from that, there are no spells in RWBY. Yes, it's magic-like, but they're not just casting some magical spells like a wizard from Harry Potter or anything else. It's not like they can hold up a stick and go "FIREBALL!"
There are these crystals called dust. The crystals have elemental energy within them. They are mined, purified, and sold in various forms. New types of dust are created by combining any of the four naturally occurring types. They probably combine dust in factories or something. Dust can be activated by a person's aura, allowing them to manipulate its energy, but we have also been shown that powdered dust is incredibly volatile, enough so that a sneeze can cause an explosion.

Basically, dust is a mineral that acts as an energy source. It was even referred to as an energy propellant in volume 1.

Anyway, so, yeah, I'm kind of tired of people popping up and going "I think her weapon is a staff. ovO" when it's clearly not a staff. We're all stumped on what it could be, but everyone needs to stop repeating each other "It's a staff!" "It's a crossbow!" "It's a bow!" It's none of those! Everyone hush! If you have an actual idea on what could be inside the box, then speak up.

/rant

But it could be.  lol
Although I expect it to be larger since her team lead took out a huge weapon from the same sized box.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Nov 11, 02:10:37
I...
You...
Gh....

Her weapon
is in
THE BOX.
HUH? HUH??

/rant

But it could be.  lol
Although I expect it to be larger since her team lead took out a huge weapon from the same sized box.

It just wouldn't make sense for her to collapse a staff into a tiny box.
I understand her team leader keeping her weapon in her purse, since lugging that thing around would be really cumbersome.
But a staff? A staff isn't cumbersome. It isn't that difficult to store. Just put it on your back. Characters who do that with their weapons big and small include Blake, Nora, Ruby, Yatsuhashi, Pyrrha, and Emerald.
Sun has a bo staff that he keeps on his back, under his shirt! Sure, his folds up, but it has a reason to fold up: it turns into nunchucks.

What baffles me is that there is literally no reason for her to fold up a staff to the point where it fits in that teeny tiny box.

Ramisha

My tiny TV which I play videogames on, most games are made for big screens so I have to sit 2 metres next to it if I want to read anything :( and even then it's hard to read. And everything is grainy.
But at least I have a TV just for playing videogames so I got that going for me, which is nice. I don't have to wait until somebody's favorite show is over to play.

MrEmu

I...
You...
Gh....

Her weapon
is in
THE BOX.
HUH? HUH??

/rant

Sorry, couldn't resist... X3
Just was Checking PMs and saw that...back to "awayness".

Go Up