How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Minor-T5

I heard tons of things about the show like how good it was, so I gave it a try. When I started watching it, I kept asking myself why I was watching the show for some reason. Once I got to the final episode of Season 1, I needed more, and I watched all the other seasons. And from that day on, I was a Brony (such an obvious story lol).
The ponies I will play as:
Schmooky Luke, Barney Calhoof, and Floofie Pillow
---------------
Steam: Schmookyluke

Fmafanclub

I think it was when I first saw a very cute fan-made video with Rainbow Dash  :3
I still love to watch it!

Minor-T5

Quote from: Fmafanclub on 2013 Jul 11, 13:36:54
I think it was when I first saw a very cute fan-made video with Rainbow Dash  :3
I still love to watch it!

What a short but nice story. XD
The ponies I will play as:
Schmooky Luke, Barney Calhoof, and Floofie Pillow
---------------
Steam: Schmookyluke

super_chris85

well i said before my brother was the first one to show me the actual show but My first encounter with MLp is my friends two years ago showed me some videos on youtube and I will not go into detail about those videos here

Jack_Daft

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Randam Saiko

I was browsing my usual forum 2 years ago. While I was browsing the off topic section, i noticed that we had a new member. So, he walked into a chatroom thread that I always use and he posted alot of ponies. At first I was skeptical, but I didn't think it was anything big going on. Over the next week, about 25% of the forums switched their avis into Ponies. I thought it was some kind of joke and I joined the other 75% on the flame fight on ponies.
About 3 weeks into this pony avi and meme thing, i got curious. I decided to watch one MLP ep, thinking, "well time to see what the fuss about this show was." I came out satisfied. I wasn't a Brony at that point, more of a neutral opinion on ponies now. Then someone made a share your music thread and i decided to post in it. And guess what, that new member who started the pony waves joined in. Then he posted some music made by Bronies.........My curiosity and opinion was hooked, lined, and sunk straight into the Pony fandom and I gave the show a 2nd shot, I came out very impressed. Only 1 1/2 weeks after that, I watched all 2 seasons of MLP and browsed through tons of fan produced content. First ponies invade my forums, then my MP3, then my wallpaper, and now parts of my rl computer desktop.

TL;DR  All it took was 1 Brony to invade my forum and giving me a taste of the music.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

ChrisMusix

My 3 year old daughter  made me watch some Pony.  I glanced Applebuck season a bit while she was watching it, and then decided to give it a chance.  Needless to say, I made through all of seasons 1 and 2 back in December 2012, and started watching season 3 mid-way through.  Then I discovered some of the youtube content with songs, PMVs, animations, convention panel coverage.  Then all the rest!

Bluebell

It was December 2010, and I was stuck at home with a rather nasty stomach bug. Flipping through channels, I found an episode of FiM ("Look Before You Sleep") playing, and decided I might as well watch it. I thought it was actually pretty entertaining, and as soon as I was well, I looked up the show on the internet, thinking I was weird for liking such a show.

Found about bronies. Ponies are now an integral part of my day. Fin.

KirbyFluttershy

Good Question, Well I became a Brony since 2 years for now like about 2 days away from secret of excess Episode so like around 12-8-12. It's most likely that there was a MLP: FiM Fan Club from another forums I came from and then took a look at it from youtube and I thought the show was girly and I was wrong about that so Pretty much that most people and fans proved me wrong about it as well and then I started watching it every weekdays and I never stop watching it and I never get tired of it. I just love everything about the show, but mostly the cuteness of the show also learning about Magic of Friendship as well.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Suicune

Yep. That was all I needed.

Ründo

early 2011:    a mixture of boredom and morbid curiosity.  It pretty much escalated from there.
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

SunlightStream

I, personally, found a video of it on Youtube and began watching. I was kind of like; ":/ What is this stuff?" And so I watched the first episode.
Then the second.
Then the third.
...and eventually I watched the entire first season in one day. It was pretty ovO ing awesome xD.
here comes the sun
doo doo doo doo
and i say
its all right

ISuppose24

I first learned about My Little Pony as a child when Generation 3 was on. It wasn't until I was in 7th grade that I learned there was another My Little Pony show, and after my brony friend, who told me about it, closed his account, I started watching the show myself, and that's how I became a pegasister.  :P
Now stomp your hooves...LOUDER I CAN'T HEAR THEM >:(

Pipkin

Hold on, i posted in this before right?
Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Aug 13, 20:59:17
I friend of mine online showed me a PMV(I remember exactly which one, but it's....Wutang, so imma not post it), and I was curious how the show really was.

The rest is history, although I haven't really talked about ponies at all until these forums, i've been a brony in secret since last october.

Seeing this show instantly reminded me of childhood shoes from the 90's.  You know, when cartoon TV programming was actually decent/had morals.  I think that ALONE made me love the show at first, knowing there are people out there who can still provide shows like this, 20 years later.

Thought so.  But I wasn't very thorough back then was I?
The person who showed me that PMV wasn't a brony, so technically I became a brony without the help of another brony, yay.
Also I watched a few PMVs before I actually watched the show.  During one of those PMVs I saw the scene where Fluttershy was trying to trap the animals in the Royal Gardens during the season 1 finale, and I though she was in a battle scene of some sort, which got me thinking, what kind of little girl's TV show would have a battle scene so I watched the show looking for that one instance, starting with the 2 parter thinking that's where it would have happened.  Well I was wrong both about the fighting scene and when that clip happened but I don't care, either way awesomeness ensued.
And that's how Bronyness was made
Maybe next time i'll tell you about how Pinkie Pie overtook Rainbow Dash to become Best Pony, that one's a gem

Discord.

This is what happened to me....

PrincessButton

Quote from: Discord. on 2013 Jul 16, 02:57:10
This is what happened to me....

This is kind of...really accurate for many people.  lol
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

DNAwesome

I watched markipliers series on the mlp mod for scp containment breach.
ZeOUNqYHLezOTuc (btw scariest ponies ever) I heard him say brony, I was curious so I looked up what a brony was. I found this site http://www.whatisabrony.com/ and watched the video explaining what bronies were. So on Saturday or Sunday right before spring break of this year, I watched the first episode. I thought that the theme song was a bit girly at that time, but overall it was good. Then I had to find out if Twilight would be able to save Equestria from eternal darkness, so I watched the second. By the end of spring break I finished the whole series so far.

And that's how I became a brony, went from scary ponies  ovO to the ponies from Equestria  :D.

narwhaliagames

one day I was browsing videos by the yogscast and I came across something called sunshine of isirapony I was thinking wtf is with that title so I watched it was just so interesting so between videos I looked up the mod and found out guys who like the stuff call their selves bronys so I heard there was a show about it on Saturdays so I went into my TV's channel guide and recorded it and I was hooked a few nights later I had a dream after they didn't put out a sunshine of israpony video the dream was about the series accept I was Simon and when they put out a new sunshine of israpony video Simon said he had a similar dream.....I knew it was meant to be
ay i'm no longer using this site

Gusty Gears

I was introduced to it by my younger, male cousin. We were playing on a Minecraft server with another friend and through skype he told us that he had started watching the show. He said he had been "bronied". My first thought was of "oh no, he's gone to that side", but then I thought " what's in this show to get these people?". So I watched the first episode, thought it wasn't too bad, and watched the next. Before I knew it, I've watch all of the videos and was dieing for more.
In short:   >:/ :/ o.O :D O: :3 ovO

-Gusty Gears, the Absent Minded Mechanic

blobking156

well, I saw a story while looking through fanfiction.net, and I read it. I was curious about it, and watched the show. I was immediately hooked

Go Up