"My little pony becomes popular.i think i ll watch 1  episode!"
*after 1 episode*
"Ok,i liked it, lets watch another episode"
*after another episode*
:3 :3 :3 OMG I CANT STOP !!!"
Hi comrade!

Cormac117

My story.... Well here you go.

My sister mentioned one of her friends having a party based on the show. My sister being Rarity. I thought nothing of it. Then I walked in on her watching an episode. I watched a little bit. I told myself it was just stupid. But it started to grow on me. Telling myself it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. So one day I was on Youtube. Saw a pony video, got me to finally become a brony. You wouldn't believe the video..... Smile HD  :l.... I wish it wasn't that, but it still got me to watch the show. So I'll give it that at the very least.   :D  :nod:
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Nuserame

Alcohol! Boredom! Of all the places those two have brought me together, ponies was one of the better ones :D
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

cloudwilk

Hmm.... Well, it was at a time when I watched cartoons for the heck of it. I get in those moods from time to time and noticing this show was gaining traction, I decided to see a clip. Season 1 still hadn't been completely finished yet and I remember the first clip was of the mane 6 taking Apple Jack's tree to Appleoosa. I didn't find anything super appealing about it. Seemed like a very average cartoon.

I later caught up on the first season, but then just stopped. My random cartoon watching mood had ceased. You see, I had just recently finished getting into the Hamtaro fandom and was finding myself out at the time and searching for another show I could get into with characters I'd be really drawn by. MLP was good... but I wasn't really motivated enough to keep going.

By the time the second season was soon to premier, I figured I might as well catch up on the episodes I missed and make it in time for the occasion. Well, after watching the Discord episodes... I felt differently about the show. I was more intrigued. I found there to be more world building and stability. Before it was no different than a cartoon that just did things for the sake of doing it, but for some reason after the Discord episode I realized they had a respect for timeline and characters.

Later, I went to search up pony related things on youtube. That's when I got into Super Pony Beat. I didn't feel like a Brony at the time, but I did feel a sense of community that I liked. Then the song Discord came out. The very first one, not the LivingTombStone's remix. That started my 'Poneh~' playlist. It was... so good. My trek in the fanmusic community is really what ended up drawing me in the most. Didn't care for LTS much then... with the first song I heard being 'Rainbow Nukestep'. Later he'd become one of my fav. Brony artists though.

I fell out of watching the episodes shortly in season 2. Still hadn't considered myself a Brony throughout the whole season, but it did set up all the circumstances that would eventually make me consider myself so. It was beginning of season 3 I can really say I felt like a Brony. I was pumped up for the premier because of all the content I was seeing on My Little Brony, had been listening to fanmade songs, and was getting into fancontent such as the Magic Shards game and purchasing ILoveFine wear and pony cards. Season 3 is when I began to watch every episode on time and was into it.

Rainbow Factory. I remember Rainbow Factory really escalated my interest in MLP. Then, which is now my favorite song, Awoken. They were just so... good.

With Twilight becoming princess at the end of season 3, I had become more excited than ever for the show. Big things actually happened and stayed! It was a story but with all the charm of any cartoon I grew up with.
... And here I am now. Finally on an MLP forum, stating how I actually did end up getting into what seemed like such an average show.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Yuriski

A couple of online friends mentioned that they were bronies, so then I checked out the show a year ago, and since then I've considered myself a part of the herd  ^-^

dr.induction

CrabApple showed me this place, curiosity got to me and mlp fim sealed the deal, now i'm getting into the fim fic's. i feel like im catching up on lost experiences i didnt get to have as a kid. So what if i'm 27 and i have a RD plush. under my arm.. right now :ajshifty:
I feel there's more to being a brony than just mpl fim.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 25, 17:27:23 #326 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 25, 17:30:35 by Bro1997
Quote from: Cormac117 on 2014 Aug 15, 10:49:38

My sister mentioned one of her friends having a party based on the show. My sister being Rarity. I thought nothing of it. Then I walked in on her watching an episode. I watched a little bit. I told myself it was just stupid. But it started to grow on me. Telling myself it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. So one day I was on Youtube. Saw a pony video, got me to finally become a brony. You wouldn't believe the video..... Smile HD  :l.... I wish it wasn't that, but it still got me to watch the show. So I'll give it that at the very least.   :D  :nod:

Jeez, the reason you became a brony was all because of a fan made video that has graphic violence in it? You couldn't have just watched the first episode and given it a chance?

Post Merge

Quote from: rhg135 on 2014 Aug 09, 13:56:19
I'll add my story.

It was 2013 and since idk chemotherapy, whille successful, had pretty much killed my enthusiasm for life, I didn't do much. Hence I had never heard of FiM.

Earlier that year I was on IRC hacking on a phone with other people. A friend mentioned he was a brony a few times, but that was it until mid summer. He said something implying that you can't mock something unless you know what. Even though I wasn't involved I somehow clicked on the YT link, then the next.

That's how i became 20% cooler. :D

When did you have chemotherapy, or don't you remember? What kind of cancer exactly caused you to lost enthusiasm for life? And how on Earth didn't you see or hear anything about FIM!? It premiered in October of 2010, almost 4 years ago! I mean, didn't you see a advertisement in a magazine or television about FIM or MLP G4 in general?

Tiger

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 25, 17:27:23
Quote from: Cormac117 on 2014 Aug 15, 10:49:38

Jeez, the reason you became a brony was all because of a fan made video that has graphic violence in it? You couldn't have just watched the first episode and given it a chance?

Post Merge

I'll add my story.

It was 2013 and since idk chemotherapy, whille successful, had pretty much killed my enthusiasm for life, I didn't do much. Hence I had never heard of FiM.

Earlier that year I was on IRC hacking on a phone with other people. A friend mentioned he was a brony a few times, but that was it until mid summer. He said something implying that you can't mock something unless you know what. Even though I wasn't involved I somehow clicked on the YT link, then the next.

When did you have chemotherapy, or don't you remember? What kind of cancer exactly caused you to lost enthusiasm for life? And how on Earth didn't you see or hear anything about FIM!? It premiered in October of 2010, almost 4 years ago! I mean, didn't you see a advertisement in a magazine or television about FIM or MLP G4 in general?

Dude, you don't have to go criticising every single thing you see...

Anyway, I'm not sure I posted in this thread yet, so I'll just post. If I already did, then oh well ovO

I first herd of MLP FIM in early 2011 if I'm not wrong, seeing artworks of them on deviantart. My elder sister pestered me to watch the show, which I eventually gave in to. Now I'm even more crazy about ponies than she is xD

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Nuserame

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 25, 17:27:23
I'll add my story.

Ill give your the benefit of doubt since you probably don't know any better, and meant no offense, but that first question could be seen as incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Chemotherapy is poison that kills cancer slightly faster than the patient. No matter the 'kind' of cancer its an utterly miserable period of agony that lasts for months and takes years to fully recover from. Its actually pretty common for patients to lose the will to live during all that.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Aug 26, 12:10:30
Its actually pretty common for patients to lose the will to live during all that.

I've been there.  :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Nuserame

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Aug 26, 13:06:47
Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Aug 26, 12:10:30
Its actually pretty common for patients to lose the will to live during all that.

I've been there.  :c

Glad your still with us then :]

Its also nothing to be ashamed or shocked about. Its a completely natural response of your brain to long-term, unabating trauma (be it physical or mental), since in the environment we evolved that invariably meant death. Thing long since got better but that deep part of the animal brain still flatly ignores rational explanations.

kuhwala

Well to start off i never knew what a brony was till a little bit before i became one. iv seen all the memes and everything but never thought anything of them i just thought there were memes for everything (wich is kinda true) but anyway i was visiting some family members that live 2 states away from me and me and one of my cousins started looking thru eachothers tablets just cuz so as i was looking thru his i come across a pony meme and my cousin says really fast "im a brony dont hate me" im like what? (like i said i had no idea what a brony was at the time) i kinda just figured it was a weird way of saying hes gay but i didnt say anything and kept looking thru his tablet till i came across another pony meme wich i didnt think was weird at all cuz he had lots of memes i figured he just thought they were funny. anyway when i came across the second one again he said real fast "im a brony dont hate me" i said whats a brony? he said nevermind. (still thinking that hes just choosing a really weird time to tell me hes gay cuz id heard rumor that he was anyway) so anyway i keep looking thru his tablet and i start seeing alot more pony pics not just memes anymore so i ask him why he has so much pony stuff on his tablet and he says its a really good show and he loves it. it was then that the whole brony thing clicked so anyway we kinda leave the subject for a few hours and i start thinking about it and i get curious like why does he like a show that my mom used to love when she was a little girl so i ask him why he likes it and he just says its a very good show and starts talking about how good the story line is and the animation and stuff. so after we get done watching a movie(at this point the only ones up are me my 2 cousins that live in town and my 2 cousins that we r visiting) the one that i found out was a brony said i want you guys to give this show a shot (of course i knew he was talking about my little pony) so im like really dude my little pony? it turned out both of my cousins i was visiting were bronies so anyway after a conversation i dont really remember very well (i just know i was kinda mean) i agreed to just watch the show. so the show started and all i can think is wow i cant believe im watching this this is so stupid well when the first episode ended it said to be continued so he put on the next episode and to be honest after the first episode i was just as against enjoying the show as i was b4 we started. one of my cousins fell asleep in the middle of the first episode so at this point the only ones up are me my 2 brony cousins and one of my cousin that came on the trip with me. so anyway we watched the 2nd episode at this point im just like whatever im watching a show about colorful horses with my cousins ok whatever big deal. i didnt like the show nor did i understand why my 2 brony did. then...  in the middle of episode 3 when twilight got rainbow to close the raincloud and it started raining on her, it happened... rarity says "twilight.. its raining". and twilight says "no... really?" it was then that all my doubt went away and i thought to myself "this show really isnt that bad" so i started enjoying the show more and more and after i got home from my trip i got on netflix and started watching episode after episode (still not considering myself a brony yet) so i went to my cousins house (the one that wasnt already a brony that watched the episodes with us) and i found out he liked the show as much as i did so we started getting together and watching episodes together. he never was my favorite cousins in fact i thought was a little annoying and didnt care much for him but now we are best friends thanks to the magic of friendship  ^-^ anyway uhh yeah sorry this was so long and to whoever actully read this whole thing i feel bad for you  lol :P

dr.induction

Well said John De Lancie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just awesome, watch it!!! --> http://youtu.be/KI7ZRBHA4uA?t=22m50s

Mazead

http://zenwindowsdenver.com]ZenWindow Denver CO[/URL]

PrincessButton

Quote from: Mazead on 2014 Dec 12, 09:03:30
I was bored one day...
I guess this is pretty accurate for a handful of Brones, actually.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Quizzicall

"Alot of hype about this show let's watch a episode and see what it's about."

*2 Seasons later*

"Oh look it's 5 in the morning  ovO"

Artsy Crafters

I was surfing the net like normal and the pony hoopla was up and about so one of my friends posted the first episode on facebook and I was like "I'll just watch part of it to see what it's about since everyone is talking about it." I watched the opening then I just kept watching and watching until it finished then I was like. O.O??? What happened? I sat there confused for a second then realized I needed to watch the next episode. >.< That's what happened.
Hello I just wish everyone good fortune.

legoboy17

At first I'm an "Anti -  brony" me and my friends thought the show was for younger crowds and not for ... well teenagers.
But last year (2014) one day I'm going through Youtube looking for the Offsrping's "You're gonna go far kid" and then
I saw "Join the herd" by Forest Rain so I clicked that... The first episode I've watched was Season 4's Episode 23 "Inspiration Manifestation"
after that I changed and I've "joined the herd"  ;)

Meno

i like renards music. he released a pony remix. (march 2011!)  i liked it. gained interest to the whole pony thing. watched.

4 years soon  :nod:

BeebarbX

Perhaps it is time for me to tell mine.

It all started with a plush bear. A 'Care Bears' one from the 'Welcome to Care-A-Lot' series. I was really into collecting bears at one point in my life, an extension of a developed habitual need to hold something at night.

Anyway, it didn't matter what style or colour the bear was in, I just got them. This particular 'Care Bears' plush I had acquired came with a DVD. On it were two things, the episode "Show of Shyness" from the 'Care Bears' series, and the episode "Ticket Master" from My Little Pony: Friendship is magic.

For the longest time I left the DVD be, and thought nothing of it. Until the day I got the news I might be an uncle. Then my thoughts shifted to something else. I used to be able to draw fairly well, so I thought that a nice picture might suit as an appropriate gift for the child's room.

Anyway, I began to watch the episodes of both shows, and found them pretty decent, but nothing to say they were my cup of tea, I was more concerned with getting some references for the drawing.

Skip ahead a bit, some time after my niece was born and some unpleasantness I'd rather not get into for personal reasons practically destroys all motivation.

I still wanted to try regardless, as despite it all my thoughts were still with my niece, and wanting to do something nice for her. In a desperate attempt to try to recapture that spark of motivation, I seek out more episodes of the shows.

That didn't have the effect I was hoping. Instead of rekindling my motivation to draw, one of the shows (I'm guessing it's pretty obvious by this point), gets my mind off the unpleasant situation and I find myself liking it by the time I watch the end of "The Return of Harmony".

To my upmost regret, I still haven't been able to draw that picture, and my niece is now two. Still, everything has worked out in it's own way.

Go Up