The Nonary Game (Closed Sign-Up "Thriller")

Started by Chromastone64, 2016 Oct 16, 14:27:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 22, 08:06:27
At the sudden hug, Sparkle blushes even more, noticeably a bit shaky as she quickly returns the hug.  "Eheheh, r-right!  T-th-thanks," she stammers, nodding quickly.  She probably looked like an idiot right now.

"You are very much welcome," He replies, his own tinge of red appearing. Lunar simply looks on, and smiles.

Chromastone64

The bunny made one last announcement.
"Alright, everybunny into the rooms! Oh, and word of advice; don't all vote the same thing. That would be...boring."
Azure gulped at the word boring, before moving with Nightshade into one of the rooms.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jcfraven

Raven releases the hug, and gives a sad smile to Sparkle, but tries to cheer her on: "It is time, I will meet you after the fact," He says, starting to head to his room as well.

Purple

Sparkle nods, slowly walking into one of the rooms.  She had a feeling that this was not going to end well for her. 

As she walked, Sparkle passed by Opal, who shot her a look.  "If you even DARE to try and harm me... Watch out."  She snipped, her tone hushed to a level only Sparkle could hear.  Cowering, she dashed off into the room, frightened by the ice mage.  Smirking, Opal made her way into a room as well, confident she could at least use scare tactics to get Sparkle to cooperate.  Once that mare was taken care of, she could focus on the others.

Chromastone64

Everyone now in the rooms (I believe), the game begun.

A small panel lit up at the end of each room. On it was two options, plain and simple.

A. Ally.
B. Betray.

The rabbit's voice rung out again, in his own whimsical tone.
"Ok, so here's how this goes: if you EVER want to get outta here, you've gotta get that number on your bracelet to 9. Now, you do that by voting here, and depending on what you and your rival pick, it'll affect your score. Now, listen carefully...

If both teams vote Ally, you both get 2 extra points, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. This is what I call the "everybunny wins" scenario.
If both teams vote Betray, no one gets anything. This is the "why even bother" scenario.
If you vote Ally, but your opponent votes Betray, you LOSE 2 points, and they gain 3 points. This is the "what a jerk" scenario.
Likewise, if you vote Betray while that sucker votes Ally, you get the points, and leave them in the dust. This is the "serves them right" scenario.
Well, have fun! I'll see you all after the vote! Oh, and, you don't want your points to drop to 0. Trust me. Bye!"

Azure and Nightshade stood there in silence for a good few seconds, before Azure slowly moved to the panel.
The two options were just...there. Risk points in order to be nice, or betray Lunar, which couldn't end well in any way?
"Um...right...so, I think we...um...s-"
But before he could even finish, Nightshade has pushed him out of the way, and pressed down on the panel.
Squarely on "Betray".
(I'm thinking just post our choices here. That way, if anyone wants out of the RP, we can just vote them out.)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Gamepaw

(Is kinda like the final round of Golden Balls (Kinda old game show on ITV.) You had to choose split or steal. Split it, you both walk away with moneys, one chooses split one chooses steal, steal gets the money split get nada and if you both choose steal you both get nothing :3)

Game wondered how this was going to work, the fact being he was not able to communicate with the ponies on a decent level.

Purple

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 23, 13:48:42
Everyone now in the rooms (I believe), the game begun.

A small panel lit up at the end of each room. On it was two options, plain and simple.

A. Ally.
B. Betray.

The rabbit's voice rung out again, in his own whimsical tone.
"Ok, so here's how this goes: if you EVER want to get outta here, you've gotta get that number on your bracelet to 9. Now, you do that by voting here, and depending on what you and your rival pick, it'll affect your score. Now, listen carefully...

If both teams vote Ally, you both get 2 extra points, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. This is what I call the "everybunny wins" scenario.
If both teams vote Betray, no one gets anything. This is the "why even bother" scenario.
If you vote Ally, but your opponent votes Betray, you LOSE 2 points, and they gain 3 points. This is the "what a jerk" scenario.
Likewise, if you vote Betray while that sucker votes Ally, you get the points, and leave them in the dust. This is the "serves them right" scenario.
Well, have fun! I'll see you all after the vote! Oh, and, you don't want your points to drop to 0. Trust me. Bye!"

Azure and Nightshade stood there in silence for a good few seconds, before Azure slowly moved to the panel.
The two options were just...there. Risk points in order to be nice, or betray Lunar, which couldn't end well in any way?
"Um...right...so, I think we...um...s-"
But before he could even finish, Nightshade has pushed him out of the way, and pressed down on the panel.
Squarely on "Betray".
(I'm thinking just post our choices here. That way, if anyone wants out of the RP, we can just vote them out.)

((Lolol, I love how it's me against me basically XDDD))

Taking these things into account, Opal began scheming deviously.  She could simply betray that annoying blue brat and get her out of here once and for all, and get points for it, which sounded like a fantastic option.  The only issue, if anything happened to Sparkle, it would upset her standing with certain players, which could hinder her chances of winning.

Sparkle gulped nervously, staring at the two options.  On one hoof, she was too scared to try anything funny with Opal, and she would feel awful betraying anypony.  But on the other hoof, the Ice Mage had been pretty awful to her, and this was her chance to exact revenge...

After taking some time to think, both mares had made a decision.

Taking a deep breath, Sparkle stepped up to the panel.  "Welp, here goes nothing..." she gulped, her hoof shaking over her choice.

Confidently, Opal hovered her hoof over the panel for a moment, second guessing herself.  She could still gain points faster, but... "Let's hope this isn't a mistake,"

Sparkle:
Ally.

Opal:
Ally.

((this may very well be the only time i'll be up against myself Lol.  Gotta play my cards right :P))

Jcfraven

2016 Oct 23, 18:53:27 #127 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 23, 19:03:54 by Jcfraven
*I am making an assumption that the other party cannot hear discussions. If they can, then assume my conversation with Game is a whisper.

Lunar
-----
Within the room, Lunar examines the two options carefully, pondering them in her mind. The two creatures in question did not seem all that poor in character, but at the same time, she knew nothing more about them that would render her willing to ally with them. On the flipside, she has no reason to Betray them.

While thinking about this, however, she ends up in a conversation with herself in her head:
'Well, well, it seems we are back to this,' One part of her mind relays, causing her to flinch.
'I thought I got rid of you a long time ago. Why are you back now?!' She replies(every second one will be the 'proper' side of Lunar, to save time).
'Because you need me, of course. You are far too gracious and naive now.'
'What do you mean?'
'Really simple, honestly. You are willing to extend a hoof of Alliance to a group of ponies you do not know, and you allied with a fool outside of here, thinking that your little 'connection' will do anything. Wake up, buttercup, that is not reality. She, just like this group, want you gone.'
'I do not believe you. I got rid of you for a reason!'
'Then choose Ally, see how far that gets you, fool!'
'I will, and it will be fine!'

With that decision in her head, she chooses Ally, not realizing the betrayel of the opposing group.

*Let us have some fun with the mute :p.
-----

Raven
-----
Looking at Game and the selections, he comes to an even greater realization of how serious this 'game' is. He realizes two very important aspects:
-Sparkle needs to live.
-To ensure that, he must survive.

With that, he realizes the choice he would have to make, to the detriment of the pony on the other end, if said pony was to Ally. Not knowing much though, he prays for guidance in that choice, and turns to Game soon after, saying: "You cannot speak, but you seem to understand our speech. Do tell: Would you want to Betray Iron, so that we may be able to continue? You can answer with a whine or a nod. I need to keep going for Sparkle, and I am not so sure risking it is a good idea."
-----

Chromastone64

(No, they can't hear each other.)
Azure stared in disbelief at Nightshade, his gaze flicking between her and the panel.
"What...why'd you do that?!" He said, for once raising his voice at the Queen. He was met with the back of a hoof across his face.
"Because I need to get out of here, Azure." She said harshly. "I am the QUEEN of a land of Changelings. Me forbid, it's probably falling apart as we speak. A couple of ponies' feelings isn't worth the destabilization of an entire nation."
Azure opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out, until a long pause had passed.
"But...if we'd voted "Ally"...we'd both have gotten two points..."
"Assuming that mare'd voted "Ally" too. What if she's voted to betray? We'd be down to 1 point, as you heard. And I am NOT risking...whatever might happen should we get to 0."
Azure's gaze trailed to the ground, defeated.
"How am I gonna explain this...?" He mumbled.
Nightshade, however, soon moved to him, putting an almost reassuring hoof on his (whatever counts as a ponies' shoulder. Back of the neck? I dunno).
"Think about it like this: this way, we won't lose any points. And personally, I WOULD prefer to see you get out of this, too. I need my butler."
All Azure could do was sigh.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 23, 20:02:33
(No, they can't hear each other.)
Azure stared in disbelief at Nightshade, his gaze flicking between her and the panel.
"What...why'd you do that?!" He said, for once raising his voice at the Queen. He was met with the back of a hoof across his face.
"Because I need to get out of here, Azure." She said harshly. "I am the QUEEN of a land of Changelings. Me forbid, it's probably falling apart as we speak. A couple of ponies' feelings isn't worth the destabilization of an entire nation."
Azure opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out, until a long pause had passed.
"But...if we'd voted "Ally"...we'd both have gotten two points..."
"Assuming that mare'd voted "Ally" too. What if she's voted to betray? We'd be down to 1 point, as you heard. And I am NOT risking...whatever might happen should we get to 0."
Azure's gaze trailed to the ground, defeated.
"How am I gonna explain this...?" He mumbled.
Nightshade, however, soon moved to him, putting an almost reassuring hoof on his (whatever counts as a ponies' shoulder. Back of the neck? I dunno).
"Think about it like this: this way, we won't lose any points. And personally, I WOULD prefer to see you get out of this, too. I need my butler."
All Azure could do was sigh.

*Sounds good.

Gamepaw

Game nodded, betray was the smarter idea. Less chance of losing points than if they go ally. He hoped it was the right idea and looked at the ponies for confirmation.

LunarDusk

Iron took a glance at the screen. Most likely he was going to be left at some point and Raven had the conviction of keeping Sparkle safe. But then there was GamePaw. If he'd had to choose between the two in terms of competence he'd have his trust in the pony and ally with him but he wasn't taking any chances if they took advantage of it. Without second thought he mashed the "Betray" button.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Gamepaw on 2016 Oct 24, 02:23:23
Game nodded, betray was the smarter idea. Less chance of losing points than if they go ally. He hoped it was the right idea and looked at the ponies for confirmation.

Seeing the nod, Raven hits the Betray button. "I said I would keep you safe, Sparkle. This is the only way to ensure I might.." He says to himself.

Chromastone64

2016 Oct 24, 08:19:58 #133 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 24, 19:14:08 by Chromastone64
(Right, I believe that's everyone voted.)
"Okay, that's all the votes! I'll be unlocking the door now! Gimmie a minute, and I'll bring up all your scores soon!"
With a click, the doors unlocked. The answers on the panels had disappeared, replaced by "Your vote has been recorded. Please stand by."

Post Merge

(Just waiting for everyone to come out so the scores can be shown.)

Jcfraven

Leaving the room, Raven and Lunar both opted to simply gather right in the area in front of the doors, awaiting the results of the voting.

LunarDusk

Iron stepped out of the room moving right next to Raven.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Purple

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 24, 08:19:58
(Right, I believe that's everyone voted.)
"Okay, that's all the votes! I'll be unlocking the door now! Gimmie a minute, and I'll bring up all your scores soon!"
With a click, the doors unlocked. The answers on the panels had disappeared, replaced by "Your vote has been recorded. Please stand by."

Post Merge

(Just waiting for everyone to come out so the scores can be shown.)

((ah, okie, so we can leave xD I wasn't sure Lol))

Sparkle ran out of the room swiftly, crying and screaming to herself.  She was really really scared that something was going to happen to her.  In contrast, Opal had exited calmly and silently.  Seeing the crying mare, Opal rolled her eyes, and hesitantly tried to put a comforting hoof on Sparkle's shoulder. 

"Oh, would you stop crying already!  It's just a game, yeesh," she said, sounding annoyed, with a possible hint of concern for the mare.  Sparkle simply cried louder, fearing that Opal had betrayed her and that she was going to be stuck here forever.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 24, 20:43:14
((ah, okie, so we can leave xD I wasn't sure Lol))

Sparkle ran out of the room swiftly, crying and screaming to herself.  She was really really scared that something was going to happen to her.  In contrast, Opal had exited calmly and silently.  Seeing the crying mare, Opal rolled her eyes, and hesitantly tried to put a comforting hoof on Sparkle's shoulder. 

"Oh, would you stop crying already!  It's just a game, yeesh," she said, sounding annoyed, with a possible hint of concern for the mare.  Sparkle simply cried louder, fearing that Opal had betrayed her and that she was going to be stuck here forever.

Noticing the crying mare, Raven instantly rushes out of his prior spot, to get over to her, and giving her an embrace, to comfort her. "Come now, what is with the crying? You are here, you are fine, alright? I said that you would be alright, and I am not one to go back on my word, okay?"

Lunar simply watches in silence, as the mental war wages on(every second one is Lunar):
'Good work with the whole ally thing, I bet that will go over well.'
'In fact, I think it will, so you can leave now.'
'If I leave, this will not end well for you, so I think I will stay. I care for you more than you realize, you know.'
'You sure do not seem like it.'
'I am simply being real with you, instead of feeding your naivety. You were better off before you got rid of me.'
'I was also a harm to all I knew.'
'They were fools.'
'You are a fool!'
'We will see.'

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 24, 22:40:13
Noticing the crying mare, Raven instantly rushes out of his prior spot, to get over to her, and giving her an embrace, to comfort her. "Come now, what is with the crying? You are here, you are fine, alright? I said that you would be alright, and I am not one to go back on my word, okay?"

Sparkle sniffled a little, claming slightly as she looked up at Raven with a teary smile.  Her face was quite pink, though it was unclear if this was blushing or simply from the crying.  Nodding, she gave raven a hug back, wiping the tears out of her eyes.  "Th-thanks," she stammered, still sniffling a bit.  Opal rolled her eyes at the display, still quite annoyed by Raven.  If he kept jumping in and trying to be the hero, then she could never manipulate Sparkle into trusting her.  She would have to deal with this problem later, however.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 24, 22:46:34
Sparkle sniffled a little, claming slightly as she looked up at Raven with a teary smile.  Her face was quite pink, though it was unclear if this was blushing or simply from the crying.  Nodding, she gave raven a hug back, wiping the tears out of her eyes.  "Th-thanks," she stammered, still sniffling a bit.  Opal rolled her eyes at the display, still quite annoyed by Raven.  If he kept jumping in and trying to be the hero, then she could never manipulate Sparkle into trusting her.  She would have to deal with this problem later, however.

"You are welcome. Smiling looks far better on you than a frown," He comments, smiling back at her in kind, seeing Opal in his peripheral vision and hosting a temporary glare, before motioning to Sparkle to move away from the other mare, where he was standing prior.

Go Up