Legends of Equestria announces Open Server Weekend Spectacular!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jun 07, 10:07:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zbizo on 2013 Jun 27, 18:07:25
just one week left
Could you post what new we can see on testserver(changes since first stress test) in main page when tests begin?

Keep an eye out for people posting videos on Youtube of our panel at Fiesta Equestria. ;) That's where we'll be revealing what's new.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 27, 19:40:04
Keep an eye out for people posting videos on Youtube of our panel at Fiesta Equestria.

Eh, I'll just wait. I wound pain me to see what's new knowing I can't play it for another five days.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

ZacharyW

Yay I didn't learn about game until after the alpha passed so I didn't get to join. Hope I get to join in but my little bro can't join. That makes me sad a little. oh well I'll test it for him too. I'll probably also record it for my youtube account. If I can have permission. Hoepfully I don't forget or have anything planned.
"How did you find it?"
"It was under E."
I play video game and enjoy playing with my friends do you?

ZacharyW

I know it will. It won't only be awesome but it will be epic.
"How did you find it?"
"It was under E."
I play video game and enjoy playing with my friends do you?

Appleflower

[move]ADSFGDFARWMG  O: [/move]

Can. Not. Wait. for this.

SEVEN DAYS AWAY.
*Explosion*
you can see, I'm overly-happy. =''D

Ok. . . *Sigh* Alright.

Renatan

Remember that big white pony with the red eyes in Wonderbolts Academy and Hurricane Fluttershy?

That's me right now.
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

That_Blue_pony

Nightmare702

So close yet so far...
Yet I have to leave next week, going camping for till the week after
~Deleted, wat?~

Alassë

What time will the download be available? :3 I need to know if it'll be worth it to stay up 'til midnight so I can get this downloaded before I head off to Everfree NW. :D

Rikaria

I just found out that my younger sister will be visiting the weekend of this event, and I'm probably expected to leave the house :/ (For the record, she doesn't approve of me playing MMORPG's.)

WAT DO
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

tux3

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Jun 16, 03:09:30
Quote from: Zbizo on 2013 Jun 15, 18:32:02
If you're planning to pay for dedicated server I doubt if they have three days offer, otherwise what's the problem to keep it online any longer?
What makes you think we have to purchase dedicated servers just for the stress test? We already pay to host servers for our own purposes. The stress test just lets you guys log into them for a few days.

Isn't it, like, a huge waste of money to pay servers big enough for everyone, and then only open them 3 days a year ?

Tiger

It's only 3 days because it's still in pre-alpha. Or Beta. Whatever.

When the game is completed it'll likely be open all the time.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

tux3

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jun 30, 08:50:48

I'm pretty sure most everyone would like to have the chance to play it more often. Be it only because some people missed the previous open weekends.
It's not a problem if it's an alpha, it's still better than nothing.

Julius

Quote from: tux3 on 2013 Jun 30, 10:40:58

I'm pretty sure most everyone would like to have the chance to play it more often. Be it only because some people missed the previous open weekends.

I could take my time to explain why and throw a paragraph at you but I'm feeling a nice and simple direct reply would be better. No, the game isn't ready. They won't release it until it's ready. Be patient and wait for the Beta like everyone else. ^-^
Purr~

tux3

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jun 30, 11:50:57
Quote from: tux3 on 2013 Jun 30, 10:40:58

I could take my time to explain why and throw a paragraph at you but I'm feeling a nice and simple direct reply would be better. No, the game isn't ready. They won't release it until it's ready. Be patient and wait for the Beta like everyone else. ^-^

I'd like to get the paragraph, please  :D !
It's been more than a year, I can't see any reason not to open it more than 3 days a year ? If it keeps going like this, the fandom will probably be dead before we have a chance to appreciate the game. If we have to wait until season 5, it'll probably be too late.
The pre-alpha 1142 was a little buggy, but even then it was funny. Now we're at v1344. It's more than playable, we even have small quests to do.
The simple act of flying a pegasus is awesome. Just look how everyone was cheering at the pegasus doing barrel rolls !
I know it's not easy to make a game like this, I know it takes a lot of time. But even a simple thing, even something that is not ready, is enough to have fun. A game that allows you to be in equestria, isn't it great just by itself ?
I know we can (should ?) be patient, but what's the point ?

Little Star

Hey you need to chill. It takes TIME to make a game. If you want it now then just go ahead and have an unfinished game that still has so much potential. Just be PATIENT! The point is that if you actually wait for something its better than not. Like going and peeking at your XMas presents, then you ruin the surprise and not get them until xmas. The fandom will not die unless we let it! If my art request people started being impatient I could throw them an unfinished pony sketch. Would that be the same as a beautiful colored pony for just waiting a little longer? NO! So just take this kindly and wait, I mean, all of us have been waiting, too. Ugh. People like this irritate me.  <3 Be patient.

Howitzer

When EXACTLY will the game be up for download? Not date wise, but time wise. Will it be up 12:00am on July 5-12:00am July 8 or will it be open more midday?
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

tux3

Quote from: StarSong on 2013 Jun 30, 12:23:47
Hey you need to chill. It takes TIME to make a game. If you want it now then just go ahead and have an unfinished game that still has so much potential. Just be PATIENT! The point is that if you actually wait for something its better than not. Like going and peeking at your XMas presents, then you ruin the surprise and not get them until xmas. The fandom will not die unless we let it! If my art request people started being impatient I could throw them an unfinished pony sketch. Would that be the same as a beautiful colored pony for just waiting a little longer? NO! So just take this kindly and wait, I mean, all of us have been waiting, too. Ugh. People like this irritate me.  <3 Be patient.

Don't worry I'm a calm guy, just voicing my opinion. I'm sorry I irritated you ^^'
My point is, your ponyy sketch is going to be updated and be finished, one day, anyway. Even if it's in two years, it'll still be updated regularly. But if your pony sketch is already great, and if lots of people could enjoy it, why would you keep it to yourself ? I though that the servers were expensive, after all it can cost a lot to run a mmorpg without making any money. But they already pay fot them all year !
I just don't understand. Why not ?

Night Pony

A sketch is not always completed. Sometimes the artist just drop the requests they have taken and pretend they never existed.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up