Pewdiepie!!

Started by mane6, 2013 Jun 15, 08:32:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

mane6

Pewdie is an amazing guy. He makes all horrors into comedy, :D He has a chair called Mr char and a golden statue called Stephano. His amnesia lets plays are the best!  <3 So you like pewdie? Post your fav vids of him right here, right now!  :P Enjoy!
If there's one thing you know you are, it's #1! You tend to be competitive by nature and love to show off your talents at every available moment, but that's often because you've put in a lot of practice to perfect your techniques and want to take pride in your effort. Because of this, you sometimes

Teal Turken

2013 Jun 15, 09:17:04 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Jun 15, 13:56:52 by McSleuthburger
I actually think Pewdiepie is more than just a popular youtuber. He's always involving the community in and thanking them for all the appreciation he gets.
I can't seem to remember everything I want to say at the moment but this video deepened my understanding of who Pewdiepie is.

mane6

Yes, he is such a great guy. -brohoof- And hes funny :D
If there's one thing you know you are, it's #1! You tend to be competitive by nature and love to show off your talents at every available moment, but that's often because you've put in a lot of practice to perfect your techniques and want to take pride in your effort. Because of this, you sometimes

Chishio Kunrin

I'm a bro as well, but I think a lot (and I mean a lot) of PewDiePie's videos wouldn't be appropriate for this forum. X3 Whether it's something he says or does, or something that happens in the game, a lot of his videos are far from Rated G.

But yeah, he's hilarious. Some of his funniest videos recently are the ones where he plays Yoostar 2. I love those vids so much. lol I also like Gretel & Hansel. He's gotten so many games in the mail lately, so I wonder what he'll play next.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

mane6

Yep! He does swear alot, and well that draw my life thing has alot of "The things" On stick men XD 

Teal Turken

I hadn't watched that video in a while...sorry if it (probably did since it was removed by somebody) had any PG13+ content in it.

Midnight Breeze

While I realize that some people may find it 'entertaining' to watch a grown man act like a five-year-old, I; and many others, find him obnoxious and his brand of 'humor' to be incredibly childish and forced.

God knows someone doesn't get as popular as him by accident. Apparently there is something about his style; something that I and more than a handful of others are bizarrely blind to, that people like.

To each his own. Good for  him. Good for his fans. But please, don't turn this forum into yet another of Pewdianity's churches. He does not need a worship thread on every forum on the internet.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Jun 15, 20:47:08
While I realize that some people may find it 'entertaining' to watch a grown man act like a five-year-old, I; and many others, find him obnoxious and his brand of 'humor' to be incredibly childish and forced.

God knows someone doesn't get as popular as him by accident. Apparently there is something about his style; something that I and more than a handful of others are bizarrely blind to, that people like.

To each his own. Good for  him. Good for his fans. But please, don't turn this forum into yet another of Pewdianity's churches. He does not need a worship thread on every forum on the internet.

I think one of the things is that he interacts with his fans a lot.

One of the reasons that the facecam works for him is that he actually interacts with it and there's actually something to see. For a lot of other Let's Players, the facecam is just... there. Meanwhile, Pewds gets some pretty interesting and funny facial expressions (whether forced or natural), looks at the camera and talks to us, etc.

Lately, Fridays With PewDiePie has had Pewds Does Everything, where fans tweet him things that they want him to do, and he'll do them in a way that's as comedic as possible. I think one of his latest Pewds Does Everything videos was pretty dang funny, even though it starts out with a clip of him screaming. You find out later in the video that he screamed because he had lemon juice in his eye. >.< Pewd's eye + lemon juice = "Ahh AHHHHHHHH!!! Oh god...."

Also, yes, he does act and fake scream a lot and go out of his way to mess around and make jokes. But sometimes, he's genuine, and I think those are the best times. ovO
You can tell when a jump scare catches him off-guard. There was pretty much little to no acting in his video of Cold Fusion, a few days ago. At one point, he jumped so badly that his character ended up looking up at the ceiling. lol

I think his funniest jumps in his videos have sadly been the ones where he hurt himself, though. X3 Including the one where "PewDiePie.exe has stopped working" and the one where he "became a dolphin".
There was also
  PewDie: *Finishes reading a note ending with "I have to hide." or something*
  *Creeeeeak*
  PewDie: .... Is it the door behind me...?
  *Jump scare!*
  PewDie: AHHH! *Massive scowl, double rude gesture*
lol
Or
  PewDie: What's this?
  Note: You are going to die
  PewDie: :\ *Exits out of the note*
  *Scary face*
  PewDie: Ah! O: *Character dies* :I

Teal Turken

I think I know what you mean?
Tobuscus is a popular youtuber who also does lets plays, but I find him extremely boring. Everything he does feels forced and he stutters so much in his lets plays. I also can't get into any of his skits or songs that much.
And his Literal trailers are just AWFUL. He's just telling you what you're watching!

But I digress, Pewdiepie gained his popularity for being extremely entertaining. He's got a massive charisma.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jun 15, 23:02:25

I think I know what you mean?
Tobuscus is a popular youtuber who also does lets plays, but I find him extremely boring. Everything he does feels forced and he stutters so much in his lets plays. I also can't get into any of his skits or songs that much.
And his Literal trailers are just AWFUL. He's just telling you what you're watching!

But I digress, Pewdiepie gained his popularity for being extremely entertaining. He's got a massive charisma.

>Literal trailers
>Telling you what you're watching
:P That's why they're literal trailers. He tries to do it in a funny way, at least. Like in the Mass Effect 3 one.
"The lady bug goes off to turn on the song. Girl gets up to chase the music-loving lady bug, chase the bug away. Insects can't land on these flowers! She stands up for humanity. If this is all in her imagination, her parents are awwwesooome... *Ship gets shot down* And messed up."

Or some from his Assassin's Creed: Revelations:
"And I'm afraid of heights. Oh (boop)! How'd I get up here? If I fall, I would be dead. I made it down alright. I feel great. *Ezio gets hit by an arrow* Argh! Come on! Whoever shot that arrow's gonna pay. Enter bald guy with a cape. Break the arrow off. You can take a bald guy!"
I like how he did the fight scene, though:
"Run up! In slow motion, kick a guy in the head. Stab his friend, spin around, roll off... punch a face. Start out in slow motion first, then use a speed hack. Grab a sword, use it to deflect, stab him in the back. Get down just in time and slap him in the face. Friendly fire's on... apparently. Why unsheath your blade? Make them use their own. Time out lemme get my weaps... in slow mo! I am the first X-Man! That joke's ahead of our time. But you're still gonna die-- Who the [hay] is that guy?! The second X-Man."
And "Evil bald guy with a cape. Ezio plans his escape. Boss waits patiently, Ezio shakes free, all the royal guards pee themselves! Main boss calls 'em off with his right hand, slow dramatic zoom pan, doesn't phase the hooded man. Cape-clad bald guy sentence Ezio to die. Then he sees Altair from the first game. He used to jump off those anyway. Under each of those, there's a bail of hay. After you synchronize... leap of faith."

One thing that I'm impressed with on his AC: Revelations literal trailer is the fact that he actually matched up his song to the song that's in the actual trailer itself in a lot of parts. If you watch the original trailer, there's a song, with actual lyrics, and Toby obviously tried his hardest to match his song up with it as much as he could.
Such as "Cut to white on a boat, I'm looking ahead. Holding on a rope. I am... nauseous." <- Sounds similar to the song from the actual trailer in that part.
I can no longer watch the original trailer without getting confused at one part of the song because the original singer says "From the dawn of time," and.. I can't remember the exact lyrics after that because my brain automatically replaces it with "slap him in the face" because Toby's lyrics are "Get down just in time and slap him in the face."

He tries to match his singing to the tune of the music in the background, as well, which he apparently sometimes finds difficult, as he sometimes mentions in his vlogs. Like, in the new The Hunger Games trailer, he had trouble in some parts where the characters were talking, so he decided to just dub in the voices of him and the girl who sang it with him.

I will admit that some of his Let's Plays are boring, and I'm more interested in some of his Let's Plays than others.

Teal Turken

I get it, he tried hard.
Doesn't mean he succeeds to win my affection.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jun 15, 23:40:14
I get it, he tried hard.
Doesn't mean he succeeds to win my affection.

I'm trying to point out that he's not just saying what happens in the trailer. He puts his own silly twist to it. X3
A lot of people like his literal trailers. His Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood literal trailer has 33,617,761 views.

People have different tastes, so not everyone is going to like Tobuscus or PewDiePie or Inthelittlewood or Yogscast Sips, etc.
Personally, I think some (not all) of Toby's literal trailers are funny.

CyanideInsanity

He is entertaining. It sucks that he has attracted a large amount of fanboys. Just like everything else in the world, his stuff isn't for everyone. I'll admit though, he can get annoying sometimes, and I completely understand why some people hate his videos.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jun 16, 01:58:41
He is entertaining. It sucks that he has attracted a large amount of fanboys. Just like everything else in the world, his stuff isn't for everyone. I'll admit though, he can get annoying sometimes, and I completely understand why some people hate his videos.

Oh yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Which is worse: Beliebers or Bros?" question. :c
Not all Beliebers are insanely hypnotized and obsessed people who can act like real jerks, and not all bros are obnoxious fanboys/girls who put Pewds on a pedestal. If I had to choose between those such bad parts of either fandom, though... I'd choose the bad Beliebers. X3 They're worse.

mane6

Pewds has his own wiki, also he has more subscribers than Justin beiber, so apparently justin beiber is the king of the barrels. But the king of the barrels was killed in an Amnesia custom story. And i am not crazy crazy about pewdiepie. Most of his vids are great, however some are not that good. But i love all of his reactions even if some of them are forced.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: mane6 on 2013 Jun 16, 06:22:34
Pewds has his own wiki, also he has more subscribers than Justin beiber, so apparently justin beiber is the king of the barrels. But the king of the barrels was killed in an Amnesia custom story. And i am not crazy crazy about pewdiepie. Most of his vids are great, however some are not that good. But i love all of his reactions even if some of them are forced.

Tobuscus has his own wiki, too. So does the Yogscast, and I think Inthelittlewood does as well.

Pretty much anyone and anything with a fanbase has its own wiki. :3

ISuppose24

I honestly think Pewdiepie is an amazing guy. He makes a lot of people's days, and he loves making videos for us.  :D
Now stomp your hooves...LOUDER I CAN'T HEAR THEM >:(

Tiger

Pewdiepie is cool. Only problem is that he swears a lot...

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Somebeing

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jul 22, 19:32:50

Of course that's a problem. Too bad that like all the good gaming channels has a lot of swears.

Pewdiepie is the 2nd most subscribed channel behind Smosh. Amazing, huh?

Tiger

Quote from: Somebeing on 2013 Jul 22, 19:41:33
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jul 22, 19:32:50

Of course that's a problem. Too bad that like all the good gaming channels has a lot of swears.

Pewdiepie is the 2nd most subscribed channel behind Smosh. Amazing, huh?

Not true that all gaming channels are like that. Chuggaaconroy doesn't swear, ever.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up