How far do you think MLP:FIM will make it?

Started by Des Monty, 2012 May 16, 02:23:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

in a chat not to long ago i voted for a potato.. and they actually put it on the board... LOL

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 04, 01:38:04
in a chat not to long ago i voted for a potato.. and they actually put it on the board... LOL

Potatoes are always valid votes.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 04, 01:38:29
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jun 04, 01:38:04

Potatoes are always valid votes.

Indeed.

Here, have a post.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Iron Girella

8 seasons, like in my little dashie xD
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dota2bronycommunity]Dota2 Brony Community Steam[/URL]         

Sign by Ritux ~ | Steam | You Tube

Doomguy

It will depend how many situations the characters can be put in. Perhaps some of the producers or writers would rather cancel the show once they run out of ideas rather than, excuse me for the pun, beating a dead horse and spit out mediocre episodes. Although this may very well happen regardless of what some of the staff may think, many bronies would gladly eat up a new episode of MLP and the target audience (As in young girls between 5 and 12) wouldn't see much of a difference. Not implying that all bronies and young girls are like this, I'm sure the majority of us have common sense, but as long as we continue watching the show and buying the products they will continue making episodes. To put it in layman's terms, I predict the show's gonna go on for about seven seasons and maybe have a feature length movie or two.

The Traveling Monk

My psychic powers tell me... eight seasons and a movie!
Ok maybe I don't have those but still.
I actually am hoping for that movie though, so long as some people stay the heck away from it.
*Glares angrily at Michael Bay*
The path of life is a winding one. It is best to remain hopeful down it, and to bring a few good friends and snacks for the trip.   -Panxen, the traveling monk.

My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2937.0

GuitarBrony

i'm gonna make my call at 5. give or take one season, of course. the whole "13 episode" thing could mean ANYTHING. personally, to me, it seems out of place to call it quits as the show's popularity is rising. i can see reaching the pinnacle, and then letting it go on a high note, but we're not at the pinnacle yet. we're still growing.

to be honest, i think the 13 episodes might mean something else. with the last two seasons, it ran almost like a situational show. each episode was its own story (ruling out the 2 parter episodes), and was resolved within the episode. what could happen is that season three will take a more story-based approach. where, although there is a conflict in each episode, they're all stepping-stones of sorts for a big, overarching conflict. like Legend of Korra. that was an 11 episode season, but i doubt it's the last. so, maybe 13 episodes is done to create one larger story for the season, without having to overly stretch it over 26 episodes. i can't imagine this dying right now. maybe after season 4, (one can only hope its longer than that), but not with season 3 being the last.

but that being said, even if season 3 is the last, i can almost imagine a possible movie, but thats not the important thing. i can't see the brony community dying anytime soon. even if season 3 is the end, we will live on. for a LONG time. take the original Avatar the Last Airbender series. (i know. i'm using that series a lot. i LOVE it. don't judge me.) it only went 3 seasons. but people have been CRAZY into it since. to the point where they rebooted it with Legend of Korra. so, maybe this is just a smaller season to facilitate whatever it is they have planned. either way, if it ends with s3, it ends with s3. i think it will be a FANTASTIC season, and it'd be better to end on a high note than to drag out until noone likes it anymore.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Book Smarts

Seriously, don't believe that whole 13 episode rumor, the same rumor happened before season 2 was even announced

GuitarBrony

if anything, it's probably just 13 confirmed episodes. not a confirmed 13 episode season.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Book Smarts

Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Jun 19, 14:54:48
if anything, it's probably just 13 confirmed episodes. not a confirmed 13 episode season.

eeyup

dashpony94

yesterday I stumbled into a "Pinkie learns to walk" toy

65$, tha fluck??? (Yes, I said FLUCK)

if that's the standard price for a toy, I bet Hasbro will place more funds for the show, it's clearly attracting more people than It was intended so....I'm afraid to admit but...it's an economical advantage if they keep the show up, it's sad to think it this way but I don't give a lot of http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. about it

I just want it to continue, don't mock at me for my previous statement please XD
"One does not simply choose a favourite pony"

Blues-Music

We jump on to every thing hasbro says ,and tear it limb from limb like this:
What hasbro says:Hey everyone we made a new episode of my little pony!
what we think they said:THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE EPISODE OF MY LITTLE PONY NEXT SEASON ITS GONNA GET CANCELLED OH NO WAI!WAI!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 24, 09:39:45
We jump on to every thing hasbro says ,and tear it limb from limb like this:
What hasbro says:Hey everyone we made a new episode of my little pony!
what we think they said:THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE EPISODE OF MY LITTLE PONY NEXT SEASON ITS GONNA GET CANCELLED OH NO WAI!WAI!

Pretty much  :l

Iron Girella

let's hope for the best D : a normal 26 episode season would be great! :]
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dota2bronycommunity]Dota2 Brony Community Steam[/URL]         

Sign by Ritux ~ | Steam | You Tube

snarfgsnor

meeh, i never take rumors or leaks as fact. i only take announcment and statements from the developers them selves as facts. dosent matter it is :) never treat rumors or leaks as facts.

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Blues-Music

2012 Jun 24, 13:23:07 #75 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 25, 05:06:04 by Blues-Music
Me:Hey brony whats up?
Brony:Season 3 is cancelled!
Me:

Brony:I got decisive proof!Ask around.

People have no Idea what decisive evidence ,and proof mean these days.

GalvinRoe

After season 3 I think that's it  :x. I'd love for Lauren to continue but . . . I think her eyes are drifting to other projects now. And I for one, ain't gonna force her into hating the show.

Of course if she continues I'l throw my hat in the air and celebrate like there is no tomorrow!

Blues-Music

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Jun 25, 04:22:38
After season 3 I think that's it  :x. I'd love for Lauren to continue but . . . I think her eyes are drifting to other projects now. And I for one, ain't gonna force her into hating the show.

Of course if she continues I'l throw my hat in the air and celebrate like there is no tomorrow!

Do you have proof?Do you have even a lead towards it?No claims can't be made without a single piece of evidence ,and why start rumors?Besides I think powerpuff girls ,and fosters home for imaginary friends are over well its either that or I can't find them ,and I doubt she will get rid of her best project the one that has taken over the internet made many conventions ,and has many cosplays she gains money ,and fame out of it.

GalvinRoe

No, proof only conjecture and what I'm feeling. I hope I'm completly wrong but this was a thread on how far we "think" the series will go. I know it's upseting but that's what I think  :'(.

I suppose if I must give some evidence, the new show she is making is being discussed. At least so I have heard . . . but I hope I'm wrong. Would be nice to see MLP continue on for a good long time.

As for rumors I acknowledge that these statement are created fully and absolutely by my own thoughts.

Lightning Breaker

I don't want it to end, but i would say 5-6 seasons and maybe it will start to degrade. I would enjoy a movie although :)

Go Up