Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Car stats in The Crew are totally jacked. I realize all the cars have to be viable or there would be no point in them being in the game, but come on. There's no reason a freaking MINI Cooper should be able to blow a Lamborghini's doors off in a drag race. The MINI can already take 90 degree turns at 100+ mph without even needing to drift, it doesn't need insane top speed and accel, too. The MINI is just OP all around.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Feb 23, 00:11:43
Was that said in a tweet? Also are you refering to the red blade woman?

When Yang talked about their family, she stated the name of Ruby's mom: "Her name was Summer Rose, and she was like... Super Mom: Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters."
The red blade woman's name is Raven Branwen (shown in the credits), so she's definitely not Summer.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 23, 01:58:51
When Yang talked about their family, she stated the name of Ruby's mom: "Her name was Summer Rose, and she was like... Super Mom: Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters."
The red blade woman's name is Raven Branwen (shown in the credits), so she's definitely not Summer.

So she's Yang mother?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Feb 23, 03:49:25
So she's Yang mother?

I'm pretty much betting on it, and so are other people, but there are people who refuse to accept that and keep reaching for other theories, like...
- Yang's long-lost twin sister, who her mother took with her
- Yang's long-lost half sister
- Yang's aunt
- Qrow's daughter
- Summer came back and changed her name
- Ruby from a future where no one saved Yang, and she came back to prevent it because it led to a horrible future that changed her eye color and she lost her scythe!!!1!!11!!!1! (Seriously... I know the writing is iffy sometimes, but it'd never be that terrible.)

Midnight Breeze

I don't understand how it can rain when it's below freezing. Texas is truly a mysterious place.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 23, 06:54:47
I don't understand how it can rain when it's below freezing. Texas is truly a mysterious place.

Me neither. We just end up calling it "freezing rain" because it's still rain while it's falling, but when it lands on the ground, it can form ice. o_o
Even snow can form ice on the ground.

Howitzer

When you forget about something but you're already past the point of no return for retrieving it.

Ex.
*gets on the bus*
Brain: Hey, remember that science homework that's due today. You left that at home.
Me: *slow groan in agony*
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Lync Volan

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Feb 23, 08:43:38
Brain: Hey, remember that science homework that's due today. You left that at home.
which reminds me...
there used to be this kid in my school who got away with throwing chairs and not doing her homework with almost to no consequences but now that i think about it again i don't do my home work at all anymore ever since i had to deal with...certain things but i dealt with Consequences afterwards and i know "the world ain't fair" i got that speech at least twice but now i'm reminded again and how dumb and kinda annoying it is 

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 23, 04:32:55
I'm pretty much betting on it, and so are other people, but there are people who refuse to accept that and keep reaching for other theories, like...
- Yang's long-lost twin sister, who her mother took with her
- Yang's long-lost half sister
- Yang's aunt
- Qrow's daughter
- Summer came back and changed her name
- Ruby from a future where no one saved Yang, and she came back to prevent it because it led to a horrible future that changed her eye color and she lost her scythe!!!1!!11!!!1! (Seriously... I know the writing is iffy sometimes, but it'd never be that terrible.)

But don't daughters have the same hair colour as their mothers? So being Yang's mother is kinda iffy.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Feb 23, 10:34:51
But don't daughters have the same hair colour as their mothers? So being Yang's mother is kinda iffy.

Daughters don't always have the same hair as their mothers. o.O My hair is barely like my mother's. In fact, my hair is mostly like my father's.
My father was born with white hair that turned blonde and darkened with age, and it's rather thin.
My mother was born with dark hair, I believe, and her hair is now black and extremely super thick.
I was born with white hair that turned blonde and has darkened with age, and it's thin.
The only thing I've gotten from my mother, hair-wise, is the fact that there's a tiny bit of wavyness to my hair. Hers is wavy and curly, but it's so thick and heavy that it pulls itself straight from the top to about halfway down.
My mother got her mother's hair color, but my mother's sister is a redhead.
So on and so forth.

What traits you pick up from which parents is all up to chance. It's a gamble based on what genes line up with each other.

Annoying thing:
The roads are icy, it's sleeting and snowing, and the ground is cold enough for the sleet/snow to start sticking and building up. And yet the schools in my district decided to open on schedule and "monitor the weather."
:l Why does this school district have to be so stubborn?! My mom knew hours ago that the kids were just gonna have to turn around and go back home soon after school started! And lookie here, soon after school started, it started sleeting and snowing like crazy and actually sticking to the ground!

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 23, 11:01:08
Daughters don't always have the same hair as their mothers. o.O My hair is barely like my mother's. In fact, my hair is mostly like my father's.
My father was born with white hair that turned blonde and darkened with age, and it's rather thin.
My mother was born with dark hair, I believe, and her hair is now black and extremely super thick.
I was born with white hair that turned blonde and has darkened with age, and it's thin.
The only thing I've gotten from my mother, hair-wise, is the fact that there's a tiny bit of wavyness to my hair. Hers is wavy and curly, but it's so thick and heavy that it pulls itself straight from the top to about halfway down.
My mother got her mother's hair color, but my mother's sister is a redhead.
So on and so forth.

What traits you pick up from which parents is all up to chance. It's a gamble based on what genes line up with each other.

My hair was blonde when young just like my mother's but then turned dark with age, like my father's.

Pipkin

Being kicked off the company computer in the middle of my sales planners so the women managers can browse Facebook

You have a Lunch break in twenty minutes. Get back to work and let me do my job!

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 23, 01:58:51

Is Raven the lady who looks like Yang? I can't really remember, it's been a while.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

I hate that stupid Golden Corral commercial where the guy says "I love chocolate, always have since I was a little kid." Do you know who else has loved chocolate since they were little kids? EVERY HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET!

Pipkin

2015 Feb 23, 15:54:34 #15534 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 23, 15:56:23 by LaptopBrony
1)When you run out of windshield washer fluid while driving, especially in town

2)When you fill said fluid and you have that ~200ml left in the bottom of the jug.  Seriously?  Why?  Make the reservoir bigger or the jug smaller... :l

...unless maybe they for some reason designed it that way so if you DO run out in theory you'd have that little bit left to get you to a gas station to buy more.....but I top off my WWF after a week because I can't stand having that big jug with a little fluid sitting in the back of my truck

dr.induction

Sinus infection. My tissues are bloody and it feels like I was hit in the face with a baseball bat.
......Don't play tough guy, just go to the doctor....

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: dr.induction on 2015 Feb 23, 16:30:28
Sinus infection. My tissues are bloody and it feels like I was hit in the face with a baseball bat.
......Don't play tough guy, just go to the doctor....

You are a doctor. :P

Snow. I. Hate. Snow.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

Musicians who only ever sing about how awesome they are. I don't care how much money you have or how many women you get. If you can't sing about anything deeper than that then you don't even deserve a music career. One must wonder how these guys got into music in the first place, what exactly did they sing about before they become rich and famous?

byndbored

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 21, 02:22:54
my mother wants me to learn how to drive now...she already wanted me to learn many other things that i still have no idea how to do now she wants me to learn how to drive

has she seen me play racing/car video games :l?

and don't get me started on some of my car related nightmares ovO

Shoot! if i had somewhere to go for an everyday thing i have a keyfood by my house in New York so what else do i need lol?
(i can walk you know)

Post Merge
i'm confused...
i slipped on top of a toy airplane before so what exactly did your father slip on top of :/?

He slipped on the ice when walking to work.
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 23, 13:28:48
Is Raven the lady who looks like Yang? I can't really remember, it's been a while.

Yeah.
Spoiler: RWBY spoiler image • show

Go Up