[Herd] Knights of the Dawn

Started by DawnsEmbrace, 2014 Jun 13, 15:09:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Dashieisbestpony on 2014 Aug 03, 19:06:27
I dont quite know if this it is my place to say something right now, (if it is not my place, sorry) but sorry blade, you have never really talked to dawn that much. And... He is the creator/Leader of this Herd, so what he says is pretty much LAW here. Not much you can do bout' that, sorry. :\

It's perfectly within your place to question or defend decisions, Dashie.  Everyone in the Herd has a voice here.  :)
<br />

Blue Shield

You know, I DID get a pretty good idea... Since I'm helping Dawn with some idears on how to organize the herd and stuffs, maybe there could be a second design used in the Sergeant tier for the First Sergeant Rank Insignia, and the First Sergeant would aid the Lieutenant or Dawn Captain (Depending on who they were assigned) with tasks like book keeping and all that fancy stuff. :3

Just a thought... :ajshifty:

DawnsEmbrace

So they'd be more of an assistant, rather than a soldier?
<br />

Blue Shield

2014 Aug 03, 19:19:45 #163 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 03, 19:57:34 by Blue Shield
Yeah, exactly. The First Sergeant in the Air Force was a Master Sergeant or higher, and they were picked to assist the commander with things like meetings, paperwork, helping the soldiers (or getting them in trouble if they did something wrong)

Post Merge

So... What'd you think of my nomination? (Sorry to those I've asked over 9000 times... I haven't gotten an answer at all... ono)

Dashieisbestpony

I think it is awesome that you got Nominated Blue :) I really hope I can get on so we can All meet up :D
Oof it's been too long

DawnsEmbrace

Conclusion:
Now, for the theme song choices!
Many songs were put forth, and I liked a lot of them!
Here's the narrowed down list, so everyone...PUT IT TO A VOTE!

You can find the vote above, and the song samples below.
Vote well.  You can take back your vote though.  Also, don't be that guy.  Ya, you know the one.
We can't track whether or not you've voted for your own song, but c'mon.
Don't be that guy.

Spoiler: Blue Shield • show

Spoiler: Howitzer • show

Spoiler: Ramisha • show

Spoiler: Checkmate • show

Spoiler: Stanwixbuster • show

Now, for some notes.
Stan, you had a massive list of suggestions, but most couldn't be used as a theme for the Herd.  So I picked the one I felt fitted most.
That doesn't mean that I won't find ways to use them though, oh no.  These are excellent pieces and I love most of them.

Message of the Week:
Is as follows.

VOTE
<br />

Dashieisbestpony

2014 Aug 03, 21:25:20 #166 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 03, 21:58:56 by Dashieisbestpony
I voted for "The dovoted" from fire emblem. It just sounds so fitting :)

Quick edit: What time will the meet up be? I know atleast Some of us will be on, and I want to meet up with Howit :-3
Oof it's been too long

DawnsEmbrace

I don't know a specific time, but you should probably be able to find some of us in the Cloudopolis Dojo!   :D
<br />

Dashieisbestpony

Where is the dojo? I know where the cloudsiom is, so I think the meet up could be there.
Oof it's been too long

Blue Shield

K, gonna resubmit my app. Not gonna change anything, just pegasus to earth pony. XD

OC name: Blue Shield
Race:  Earth Pony
Talent: Protecting others, no matter what the cost

Blue Shield is a white Earth Pony stallion with golden, curtain style mane. His eyes are a pale blue, and he is rather kind and gentle. But he will do anything he must to protect his friends and loved ones, regardless the cost.

Ramisha

yess Earth pony master race! :]
Ok, anyway:
1. If the poll is drawed, will we have to vote again?
2. Can we have some "special" ranks, like Spy and Herd Blacksmith and stuff?

Dashieisbestpony

I think the pegasi count as scouts/spys because they can fly/they can fly like owls! Without sound ovO
Oof it's been too long

DawnsEmbrace

1.  If the poll is a draw, then we'll either do it again with a more narrowed down list, or I'll just pick between the tie-ers. :P

2.  Yes, members could have jobs like that.

Take Checkmate for example.  The talent that he specified was tactics, so assuming he obtained a position of power, he'd be the Tactics Officer of the Unicorn Column.

Any Pegasi could be chosen for spy, or scout, or even mapper.  Not to mention Pegasi would take the lead if we ever marched into the Evershade, seeing as they'd be able to guide a group better than a Unicorn or Earth could.
<br />

Dashieisbestpony

2014 Aug 04, 13:36:44 #173 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 04, 14:11:07 by Dashieisbestpony
Yeah, I would happily be a scout! I would fly as high as I could and get a better view of things! Oh, grey will be back on later today, she got grounded  :s and I could also be a mapper at some point!

Quick edit: I may or may not be on the OSW, if I am not on it is either because I cannot download it, or because my mom and dad said no. I will tell which it is if I am not on the first day of the OSW. Hope to see you all there!
Oof it's been too long

M00nGl0w

Quote from: Blue Shield on 2014 Aug 03, 22:32:27
K, gonna resubmit my app. Not gonna change anything, just pegasus to earth pony. XD

Blue Shield is a white Earth Pony stallion with golden, curtain style mane. His eyes are a pale blue, and he is rather kind and gentle. But he will do anything he must to protect his friends and loved ones, regardless the cost.

Blue, that's a pretty bold move there buddy :] Changing races and your position into an Earth Pony 8)

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Aug 04, 12:23:01
1.  If the poll is a draw, then we'll either do it again with a more narrowed down list, or I'll just pick between the tie-ers. :P

2.  Yes, members could have jobs like that.

Take Checkmate for example.  The talent that he specified was tactics, so assuming he obtained a position of power, he'd be the Tactics Officer of the Unicorn Column.

Any Pegasi could be chosen for spy, or scout, or even mapper.  Not to mention Pegasi would take the lead if we ever marched into the Evershade, seeing as they'd be able to guide a group better than a Unicorn or Earth could.

Hmm... Well... Moony is part guardian, part mercenary. He lives around the mountains. So yeah, a scout is preferable :3

My Oc's~ http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13031.0

[glow=blue,2,300]Lt.General Moon Glow in the Pegasus column, Knights of the Dawn! Reporting![/glow]

Dashieisbestpony

I have dibs on Spy/Scout! Plus I can fight!
Oof it's been too long

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: M00nGl0w on 2014 Aug 04, 21:02:00
Quote from: Blue Shield on 2014 Aug 03, 22:32:27

Blue, that's a pretty bold move there buddy :] Changing races and your position into an Earth Pony 8)

Actually, regarding his transfer.
Blue has since changed his mind, so I won't be transferring him.
<br />

Dashieisbestpony

Okay, we can figure it out. I think the earth ponies should be at the front lines, with the pegasi flying above them firing double cyclones, and the Unicorns spread off to the sides firing spells off and healing the earth ponies. since very few/any monsters fly/fire things into the air, I think most of the pegasi should be pretty safe. Anyone like my idea?
Oof it's been too long

Howitzer

I think that just as long as we have earth ponies to tank damage, pegasi to rain down cyclones, and unicorns to use as support and medic, we'll all be perfectly fine.
But one thing I thought of is that the only time we'll ever have to be THIS organized is when (and if) the mods release the dragon hurricane like last time. the biggest clumps of enemies in the Evershade is about 4-5, so only 4 ponies minimum would be enough for an attack.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

DawnsEmbrace

Well...A small army or squad would be necessary for dragon-hunting, right?
From what I remember, those guys take quite a few pones to kill.
<br />

Go Up