DragonPonySonas Moon Glow

Started by M00nGl0w, 2014 Aug 12, 14:22:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

M00nGl0w

2014 Aug 12, 14:22:04 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 12, 23:00:56 by M00nGl0w
Hey everypones!
It's has been awhile since I made an Oc's reference sheet in words, so I hope you guys enjoy reading this. If you have any question at all, feel free to ask me anyway.

Basics~
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Devoted Name~ Moon Glow
True Name~ Currently unknown
Other Mentionable Name~ Moonlight Guardian by hazardtime
Species And Races~ Dragon pony pegasi (Pegasus in normal pony form)
Age~ More than a 1000. Perhaps even older than both Celestia and Luna
Immortality Status~ None, he isn't immortal anymore. Only to possess a large age pool
Gender~ Stallion (Male)
Eye Color~ Vivid golden hazels
Furry Coat Color~ Light ceruleanish gray
Mane And Tail Color~ Dark fuchsiaish gray
Miss Translation Words~ Instead of ponies, he mostly called out on them as 'pones'
Alignment~ Chaotic Good

Profession~ Mountain guardian. Also the Lt.General in the Pegasus Ranks for the herd/guild; 'Knights of the Dawn'

Habits~ Known for enjoying clinging on the upper surface such as ceilings. Preferable on sofas or couches rather than beds. Love to curls/wraps around his close friends such as Sweet Brew, Vesperal Veil, Crab Apple and other ponies he knows of.

Description In Dragon Pony Form~ Medium-large body size almost the same height as Princess Celestia. Furry coat with spiky mane venturing down to own tail blade. Large size pegasus wings with faint blueish colored glow at each tips. Retractable claws under puffy paws.

Cutie Mark~ A crescent moon within a magical circle. A symbolism of his devotion name, Moon Glow's ability on lunar illuminations onto his wings whenever the moonlights reflects on. Note that only in his pegasus form that the cutie mark appears.

Hobby~ Various farming, Moon Glow have his own miniature garden up on his mountain home. Art free paw/hoof styles, he occasionally does it other than helping his butler Yaoon friend RockSprings.

Personality~ Very light hearted pony, Moon can and easily entertain anypony with his big smile alone even to himself. He tends to makes his own way, but not without viewing in perspectives and other issues when it's comes to conflicts surrounding him and his friends. He's fairly kind and benevolent, believes in goodness and rights of others even in their flaws and weaknesses. Moon have his own distaste when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do especially in the name for laws and regulations.

Backstory~ Originally an Aselian dragon that came into the earliest age of Equestria to provoke the word 'immortality' within his pure gene set after he decided that being immortal is a life of mundane for him. In order for him to experience mortal lives and their everyday conflicts, he came upon a powerful unicorn of the land to modify his gene in becoming a pony. Through this process, he lost everything about his majestic identity as a dragon. As time passes, he is unable to handle the death of his love ones because of his huge amount of age pool. Moon resorts in hibernations in each generations whenever a dear closed one of his past away even during the Royal Sisters uprising again Discord's tyranny. Now he lives on one of the mountains between the Everfree forest, Ponyville village and Pascalo beach. He's occasionally accompanied by his long trusted Yaoon friend, RockSprings.

Preferences~
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Likes~ Foods and drinks. Natures except for the heated sun and summer. Friends and families. "Simple Yet Effective" styles in clothing, morality etc. Cool breezing nighttime.

Dislikes~ Enemy of Freedom. Duty over personal desire. Dry heat summer. Unnecessary law and order. Large crowded cities or metropolis.

Strengths~ Well mannered. Playfully sociable. Courageous. Charismatic. Wise as an old dragon.

Weaknesses~ Mischievous at times. Idealistic misguided. Fears of rejection and loneliness. Self-pettiness even when encouraged. Naivety in own judgment.

Short Battle Stats~

Note: This section doesn't relevant to any type of Roleplaying plot devices. It was originally made for Blue Shield's Rp Fire Emblem recruitment and informations. Skip this if you're finding this confusing and all.

Classes~ Dual Blade Ranger or Swordmaster

Classes Perk And Skill~
a) Clairvoyance: Possessing short range combats, critical hit rates increases.
b) Mana Burst (Wind/Air): Infuse own body parts with Wind element properties.

Images In Artworks~

By me in May 2013
Spoiler: show

His Pegasi form

Latest sketches

By CrabApple's

Moon Glow's Theme~

This section will update as more infos or arts given towards the character.

My Oc's~ http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13031.0

[glow=blue,2,300]Lt.General Moon Glow in the Pegasus column, Knights of the Dawn! Reporting![/glow]

Shadow Mare

QuoteImmortality Status

Why is this even here for?

M00nGl0w

Because ponies keep asking me...

Anon1: "Is he immortal? Cause he look so kewl!" :3

Anon2: "Hybrids.. Must be overpowered and epic."

M00nGl0w: ... :l

[glow=blue,2,300]Lt.General Moon Glow in the Pegasus column, Knights of the Dawn! Reporting![/glow]

GlassMirror

Another Dragon pony! welcome to the Dragon Pony club! 0:)

other than that, I like his design, as well as everything else, even though the word immortality does sound a bit off... X3

Shadow Mare

Quote from: M00nGl0w on 2014 Aug 12, 16:26:56
Because ponies keep asking me...

Anon1: "Is he immortal? Cause he look so kewl!" :3

Anon2: "Hybrids.. Must be overpowered and epic."

M00nGl0w: ... :l

...huh?

M00nGl0w

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Aug 12, 16:30:01

other than that, I like his design, as well as everything else, even though the word immortality does sound a bit off... X3

That's why I made it clear to many other ponies that he's isn't immortal ANYMORE... He just have a very VERY large age pool.

Thanks for the welcoming btw, GlassMirror. X3

GlassMirror

Quote from: M00nGl0w on 2014 Aug 12, 16:39:39

That's why I made it clear to many other ponies that he's isn't immortal ANYMORE... He just have a very VERY large age pool.

I understand the large age pool. my character is 6000yrs old, but theirs a tremendous age gap with it :3
(that first picture really gets me. Its awesome! lol )

Shadow Mare

then get rid of that immortality nonsense.

M00nGl0w

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Aug 12, 16:42:09
Quote from: M00nGl0w on 2014 Aug 12, 16:39:39

I understand the large age pool. my character is 6000yrs old, but theirs a tremendous age gap with it :3
(that first picture really gets me. Its awesome! lol )

I can understand of that ;) (Thanks! But that's was a year ago X3 I really need to update his looks)

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Aug 12, 16:44:06
then get rid of that immortality nonsense.

I'm sorry but when do I feel obligated on taking up your words and 'get rid of that immortality nonsense"...? I put it up there for a reason. And that reason is to tell people ahead that my Oc's is NOT immortal...

So why are you, Shadow Mare feel the need to tell me to get rid of it? Give me a valid reason WHY should I get rid of it? :\

Gracie Sky

2014 Aug 12, 17:46:13 #9 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 12, 17:48:37 by Gracie Sky
I'm not a fan of half breeds, but this one seems to be fine. I don't see any abuse of power in this character, although I do have some questions about his role in society.

What exactly does he do? Does he guard a mountain or guard ponies from a mountain? Where is this mountain anyway (if that matters)?

I would like to know more about what this guarding business involves. What does he protect from? I'm guessing monsters and maybe even rowdy ponies, but that would make him an embodiment of law enforcement. How does he protect? I'm asking what abilities, weapons, and attacks does he use? Those battle stats you listed are completely out of context to me and make it look like he is a character out of a game, instead of out of a story.

You also got a lot of sentence structure problems.
QuoteCutie Mark~ A crescent moon within a magical circle. A symbolism of his devotion name, Moon Glow's ability on lunar illuminations onto his wings whenever the moonlights reflects on. Other than that, under the agreement of a powerful noble unicorn envisioned of the dragon's arrival and his several generations services for the Royal Sisters especially Princess Luna. Note that only his pegasus form, the cutie mark exists.

Except for the first and last sentence, I cannot make heads or tails of this.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

M00nGl0w

2014 Aug 12, 21:59:19 #10 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 13, 04:45:31 by M00nGl0w
Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2014 Aug 12, 17:46:13
I'm not a fan of half breeds, but this one seems to be fine. I don't see any abuse of power in this character, although I do have some questions about his role in society.

What exactly does he do? Does he guard a mountain or guard ponies from a mountain? Where is this mountain anyway (if that matters)?

I would like to know more about what this guarding business involves. What does he protect from? I'm guessing monsters and maybe even rowdy ponies, but that would make him an embodiment of law enforcement. How does he protect? I'm asking what abilities, weapons, and attacks does he use? Those battle stats you listed are completely out of context to me and make it look like he is a character out of a game, instead of out of a story.

You also got a lot of sentence structure problems.
QuoteCutie Mark~ A crescent moon within a magical circle. A symbolism of his devotion name, Moon Glow's ability on lunar illuminations onto his wings whenever the moonlights reflects on. Other than that, under the agreement of a powerful noble unicorn envisioned of the dragon's arrival and his several generations services for the Royal Sisters especially Princess Luna. Note that only his pegasus form, the cutie mark exists.

Except for the first and last sentence, I cannot make heads or tails of this.

... This the reason why I rather draw my own custom made reference sheet, put some half slap stick poses of his and just give out the basics *yay*

Okay! Here we go! >:/

What exactly does he do?
Chances are as we speak, he's on one of the mountains, tending his own version garden of Eden, draw some pictures because he had no talent on drawings... You know what? He's basically a retired old dragon. After his supposed services for the society, his supposed prophecies, his supposed heroism during G1, G2, G3, I don't know...lol

(Btw, if you haven't noticed. I'm being deeply sarcastic in a very moody emotions right now when others taking this whole thing too seriously. You can call it out on my behavior, but maybe because I've spent the last eight hours thinking, writing it down, making sure I don't have mistakes, getting caught by my own parents, all those good shenanigans.)   

Does he guard a mountain or guard ponies from a mountain?
... You know what? I laugh at this question. lol Seriously, I did. :/ And you said "You also got a lot of sentence structure problems." Well take a good look at your own question, especially the second one. If you were to say "Does he fends off ponies from 'invading/approaching/descending' on the mountain?" Which ironically I wrote in his backstory that he lives on a mountain. Remember, he's originally an outsider, an alien structured of whatnot dragons. Dragons that have many habitat places and one of many of them is mountains.

Where is this mountain anyway (if that matters)?
You right! Why does it matter anyway? Maybe I'm just in a preliminary stage on constructing Moony's own places to live, the basic body of the mountain and it's lines of caves. I couldn't even make out the name...

What does he protect from? I'm guessing monsters and maybe even rowdy ponies, but that would make him an embodiment of law enforcement.
He basically.. a mountain ranger or a forest elf. He's a guardian, no not that 'Guardian of the Galaxy' jazz stuff... He's Obiwan poniefied..

How does he protect? I'm asking what abilities, weapons, and attacks does he use? Those battle stats you listed are completely out of context to me and make it look like he is a character out of a game, instead of out of a story.
Why do you think I put up the big word that said 'Short' on the battle stat? If I yanked every little details out of my head, it would have been an abuse of power in this character. I'm not an English expert unfortunately and I seem on trying my best in making reference on this character and to you, I'm a fail.

But you know what, here's another twenty minutes of details for your satisfaction. >:/

Moon Glow may have been originally a dragon but because of him becoming a half-breed, he have lost his ability on breathing fire or lightning, just like any satisfying Oc dragons would. But just like I've said in his Cutie Mark~, he had the ability to manipulate moonlights or in other words illuminations on his wings. Basically, he glows! Can you not see why I named him Moon Glow and gave the cutie mark that LoE provided?

Weapons... His whole body is a weapon. It's like iron body martial art. His wings is his iron blades, his bones is his own  shields and hammers, his furry coat is his own magical mantle and his own massive tail is a halberds.

What kinds of attacks does he use... He's like any swordsman is, caring about slashing, hacking, thrusting, dodging, jumping, rolling , parrying, leaping, punching, kicking, holy (Try saying all that three times faster lol)

Other than that, under the agreement of a powerful noble unicorn envisioned of the dragon's arrival and his several generations services for the Royal Sisters especially Princess Luna.
This is the only part I will agree that it made out poorly. So I'm not gonna edit it out and just delete it... I seem to have forgotten about the K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid) formula in making My Little Pony references.

(Gonna need alot of coffee for this entire conversation.)

Go Up