What do you fear?

Started by Captain0Ron, 2012 Jul 07, 13:31:46

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

any bugs scare me >.< unless they're the big beetles that just sit there and don't do anything, those are fine.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Rissian

There was a wolf spider on our kittens cage and my sister was worried it would bite them and she didn't want to smash it because jumping spiders freak her out not to mention they are venomous so she had me smash it needless to say I'm bothered by jumping spiders now after having to smash one. o_o I've never been bitten by a venomous spider before and jumping spiders only increase that chance and it seems they are becoming more common where I live now so I'll likely run into others, I guess I fear getting the injury more then the spider itself the ones around here supposedly can make you have a similar wound to a brown recluse which turned my grandmas toe bite a little dark for awhile, until she treated herself with neosporin.

AAA13

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Aug 11, 18:11:29
any bugs scare me >.< unless they're the big beetles that just sit there and don't do anything, those are fine.
Or ladybird/bugs. Ladybird/bugs r kewl.
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

PrincessButton

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Aug 11, 16:06:13
i fear eating something wild and finding a bug in it >.<

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 11, 17:44:00
I always fear eating apples from a tree that have even just one minor hole in it because I keep thinking with my luck it will be a worm or something in the apple.
yes. yes. and yes.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 11, 18:23:37
There was a wolf spider on our kittens cage and my sister was worried it would bite them and she didn't want to smash it because jumping spiders freak her out not to mention they are venomous so she had me smash it needless to say I'm bothered by jumping spiders now after having to smash one. o_o I've never been bitten by a venomous spider before and jumping spiders only increase that chance and it seems they are becoming more common where I live now so I'll likely run into others, I guess I fear getting the injury more then the spider itself the ones around here supposedly can make you have a similar wound to a brown recluse which turned my grandmas toe bite a little dark for awhile, until she treated herself with neosporin.

Wolf spider bites aren't that bad. Well, at least, they're not deadly. The bite just swells up and gets kind of painful. I'm not sure if they're jumping spiders, since they act different than jumping spiders I've seen. Mostly, they just wander around and eat bugs and other spiders.

The only reason I ever fear a wolf spider is because I'm uncertain of whether it really is just wolf spider or if it might be a brown recluse. >.< Wolf spiders are pretty helpful, though.

I don't really fear most other bugs, and I never understood why people do. I'm not even afraid to pick up a caterpillar. But I am afraid of bees, wasps, yellowjackets, hornets, and ants.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

FUN FACT: the average human EATS 2 spiders a year in their sleep because they like to crawls into our warm moist mouths when we sleep.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Aug 11, 21:31:44

FUN FACT: the average human EATS 2 spiders a year in their sleep because they like to crawls into our warm moist mouths when we sleep.

FUN FUN FACT: Insects and arachnids are full of protein. America is one of the few countries where people do not intentionally eat insects and arachnids. Yes, scorpions count, as they're related to spiders.

You can have a cricket burrito, or a baked tarantula, or cooked grubs, or scorpion. Scorpion venom stops being deadly after the scorpion dies. Then, you chop off the tip of the stinger to avoid injury. There are places in Japan where they eat live scorpions that have been stunned by being soaked in sake.

AAA13

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Aug 11, 21:31:44

Madness... One day for saying that I must... Destroy. Your. COMPUTER!!!
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Rissian

2012 Aug 11, 21:45:54 #329 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 11, 21:49:08 by Trege
Talking about eating insects reminded me of those wilderness survival shows on the discovery channel, Man Vs Wild etc, I doubt I'd ever have the stomach to handle doing that consciously but it is slightly interesting.

(Unless I was on the verge of starvation or something, then again the show also showed tons of edible plants, even part of a cactus is edible if you find the right one.)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 11, 21:45:54
Talking about eating insects reminded me of those wilderness survival shows on the discovery channel, Man Vs Wild etc, I doubt I'd ever have the stomach to handle doing that consciously but it is slightly interesting.

(Unless I was on the verge of starvation or something, then again the show also showed tons of edible plants, even a cactus is edible if you find the right one.)

Eating cactus is a gamble, though, since a lot of cacti will give you diarrhea, which can cause you to become dehydrated. :c

I think I could handle eating quite a few insects, mostly if they're properly cooked/prepared. Crickets, spiders, grasshoppers, grubs, scorpions. However, I don't think I'll ever be able to stomach snails.

Book Smarts

I let a wolf spider live around where I work and it would keep a beautiful web running which caught all of the annoying flying insects. The best part is that it would live in the ceiling and crawl down to clean or eat so I didn't have to always see it just chilling there.

lurk852

Eating insects strikes me as kind of impractical just... well, because they're so tiny. You'd need a ridiculous quantity to get a decent meal.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Aug 12, 00:05:57
Eating insects strikes me as kind of impractical just... well, because they're so tiny. You'd need a ridiculous quantity to get a decent meal.

Cricket burrito. :3 Though, the thing is, insects have a lot of protein. A lot. It's kind of weird.

Rissian

2012 Aug 12, 00:32:38 #334 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 12, 00:34:17 by Trege
Bear Grylls specifically mentions that being the reason they help with survival you have to keep hydrated and keep your protein levels up, and some insects are freaking huge in different areas, so I can see why they help in a survival situation if I had to I would probably eat some if I couldn't find any other food at all anywhere.  ovO (Usually you have other options though if you know where to look.)

Rokas08

Yesterday I was playing Slender. I only played 2 minutes on fastest, even then my laptop gave like 20fps.
So I quit, even before finding a drawing or seeing slenderman. But even for that, I had a dream I was in it, and it was very scary.. I slept very bad tonight...  D:

The Wandering Magus

i fear anarchy for some reason

Rissian

I always worry when my parents sometimes give the outside dogs pork chop bones after dinner that the dogs may end up choking on them or something plus someone I know had a dog die from a pork chop bone.

The Wandering Magus

i fear the dog accidentally eating something poisonous

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 12, 19:41:37
I always worry when my parents sometimes give the outside dogs pork chop bones after dinner that the dogs may end up choking on them or something plus someone I know had a dog die from a pork chop bone.

Better to give them rib bones, worse to give them chicken bones. Never give a dog chicken bones. Those bones splinter.

Go Up