Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chack

2014 Dec 24, 15:31:13 #14820 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 24, 17:32:35 by Chack
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Dec 24, 14:55:50
In other news, my insane idea to catch a shiny Kyogre in HeartGold, since the verdict is still out if its shiny locked in AS.  I have the Master Ball, I have the Synchronize Pokemon I want (not as vital, it's more for show than competitive) and I have the save file exactly right.  Now all there is to do is soft-reset a couple billion times in the hope the RNG comes out right.  Merry Christmas to me! :D

Good luck to you with that. I wish I could find a shiny, let alone catch one.

Urgh, the N64 expansion pack I was giving to my brother for Christmas hasn't come in yet! Why is it taking so long? It's been almost 2 weeks! Everything else came in a week before, and they were all ordered at the same time! I know, distance is a bit of a problem and this was the farthest one to deliver, but not by much.

Also, my Princess Luna figure I ordered from Hot Topic apparently had some trouble delivering directly to my house. Look, I know my dog is scary, but they've seen her before and she's NEVER bitten anyone.

EDIT: The dog wasn't even outside the day it should have been delivered. It was raining, and my dog is terrified of rain. There was NO excuse.
Wait for it...

Midnight Breeze

Not surprisingly, I ended up working late tonight delivering packages. I didn't clock out until 6:15, much too late to make the 4 hour drive back to Natchitoches, so I'm going to be all alone here this Christmas. My family had Christmas dinner tonight, so it would be pointless going at this point just to have to drive back tomorrow.

I wish I could work tomorrow, what good his having Christmas off if I'm just going to spend it sitting alone in my empty apartment?

Ramisha

Oh my... I never thought I would have a problem like this.
I.. uhh... a guy has a crush on me... but a girl also has a crush on me!! What do I do!?
Spoiler: show

got you, did you really think an actual person would like me? :3 hahaha. Merry Christmas.

Nuserame

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 25, 16:39:06
I.. uhh... a guy has a crush on me... but a girl also has a crush on me!! What do I do!?

got you, did you really think an actual person would like me? :3 hahaha. Merry Christmas.

Self deprecation is never funny, but have a merry Christmas anyway   ;)
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Pipkin

Second Xmas in a row where i develop a headache while at my parents

Happens every time I have to be here longer than an hour.

DawnsEmbrace

Well actually, I can, and I did for the 6 seconds I was reading your post.
<br />

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Dec 25, 22:49:54 #14826 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 25, 23:32:42 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Dec 24, 14:55:50
ESPN's "Santa Interview" commercial that keeps cropping up on youtube, namely how it declares that watching video game clips instead of a Christmas Day basketball game as being "naughty".  Well some of us don't particularly like basketball, or sports in general.  Ever consider that, you pompous git?  :/  I may have even considered it kind of funny, if I didn't keep seeing it specifically on Let's Player's channels.  Try a different audience guys, like one you actually connect to!

^ I don't like any sports either.
It's even worse that people will call you "unAmerican" if you don't like certain sports. :l Being American has nothing to do with liking sports.

Post Merge

Gahh, if only I was a Rooster Teeth sponsor and had a computer that was good for playing video games! DD:
Rooster Teeth sponsors are getting to test the Pre-Alpha of RWBY: Grim Eclipse!! Sponsors get all the cool stuff! ono
Spoiler: Screenshot that Rooster Teeth released • show

Look at this! It's beautiful! I wanna fight creatures of grimm! *Sigh* Oh well... It'll come out eventually, right?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrEmu

Spoiler: Depressing crap... • show
Not getting what you want on Christmas day is annoying...
Not getting what you need is heart breaking...

Lync Volan

2014 Dec 26, 00:01:30 #14828 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 26, 00:07:52 by Lync Volan

given someone else i talk to has those same problems i really believed you lol

Post Merge

y'all did not seem to have a good christmas mine was ok but it was more like any other day but instead i spent it playing video games with my cousin and watching christmas specials on tv and all in all i didn't really get anything out of it accept memories but it was more then expected :l   

Ramisha

My Christmas was just like any other day too, it was nice. Oh also if only I thought of posting my last post on April 1st.

Meghan Trainor annoys me, she says she's fat but look at her
Spoiler: seriously • show

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 26, 06:54:24
My Christmas was just like any other day too, it was nice. Oh also if only I thought of posting my last post on April 1st.

That's why people tend to blame the media's unrealistic beauty standards for some of the problems that women have regarding body image. We're made to think that we have to be super skinny like models and movie stars to be beautiful, so even when we have a thin, healthy body, we still look at ourselves and think we're too fat. It has more to do with how we see ourselves, than how others see us, and it's a really problematic mentality.

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Dec 26, 09:22:17

[/quote]
That's why people tend to blame the media's unrealistic beauty standards for some of the problems that women have regarding body image. We're made to think that we have to be super skinny like models and movie stars to be beautiful, so even when we have a thin, healthy body, we still look at ourselves and think we're too fat. It has more to do with how we see ourselves, than how others see us, and it's a really problematic mentality.
[/quote][/spoiler]
I think people don't like being fat anymore because it's so easy to get fat with all that fattening food but it takes discipline and will to be fit ( fit, not just skinny ). Maybe that is why fit people are seen as attractive and fat people not as much. Because they show discipline. although it would probably be wiser to put that discipline to a better use like studying or crafting and not to your looks.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 26, 10:45:04
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Dec 26, 09:22:17

[/quote][/spoiler]
I think people don't like being fat anymore because it's so easy to get fat with all that fattening food but it takes discipline and will to be fit ( fit, not just skinny ). Maybe that is why fit people are seen as attractive and fat people not as much. Because they show discipline. although it would probably be wiser to put that discipline to a better use like studying or crafting and not to your looks.
[/quote]
By "unrealistic," I mean the photos of models that have been photoshopped to be skinnier than they actually are, and the women who barely eat just so they can be underweight for their job's ridiculous beauty standards, which by the way, is horrible for their health.

Being fit is what should be beautiful. Being a skeleton or a photoshopped Barbie doll is not what should be beautiful.

And unfortunately, some overweight people are overweight because of problems other than improper diet and lack of exercise. Some need to work harder than an average person to stay fit.

People should fear being overweight for health reasons, not because a ton of people are going to bash them and make them feel like no one will ever love them.

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Dec 26, 11:44:33
And unfortunately, some overweight people are overweight because of problems other than improper diet and lack of exercise. Some need to work harder than an average person to stay fit.

You know why americans have such problems? Because of your bread. There's so much sugar in it!! Gah! My friend said it tastes like cake...

Chibalt

2014 Dec 26, 12:42:16 #14834 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 26, 15:38:37 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 26, 12:18:43

You know why americans have such problems? Because of your bread. There's so much sugar in it!! Gah! My friend said it tastes like cake...

And there's WAY too much fat in seemingly everything, even their darn chocolate has fat!
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Ramisha

2014 Dec 26, 13:47:20 #14835 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 26, 15:39:18 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Chibalt on 2014 Dec 26, 12:42:16And there's WAY too much fat in seemingly everything, even their darn chocolate has fat!

lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chibalt on 2014 Dec 26, 12:42:16

And there's WAY too much fat in seemingly everything, even their darn chocolate has fat!

Our bread doesn't taste like cake, as far as I know? :I Meh, I hate white bread anyway. I prefer wheat bread.
And chocolate is too sweet for me.

I have noticed we have problems with our food. It's kinda funny to watch videos of Europeans and Australians trying American snacks and candies for the first time. They're usually like "Wow, this is horrible for you" and stuff.

Rissian

That largely depends on where you get the bread from, and where you get the flour in the case of home made bread. Every country has something bad in their food it's just a matter of researching it. I know someone who grinds their own flour and makes their own bread at home. The biggest problem in America is fast food. Though the larger problem is the fact that others don't have the willpower to choose the healthier alternative then you also have people who don't really care or know it's bad and eat it anyways. Another problem is people not exercising. Which actually is the biggest issue, you can have fattening foods as long as you exercise to burn off what you eat, our breads have less than 1 gram of sugar unless you choose some crazy off brand option.

Nuserame

Quote from: Trege on 2014 Dec 26, 15:54:09
That largely depends on where you get the bread from, and where you get the flour in the case of home made bread. Every country has something bad in their food it's just a matter of researching it. I know someone who grinds their own flour and makes their own bread at home. The biggest problem in America is fast food. Though the larger problem is the fact that others don't have the willpower to choose the healthier alternative then you also have people who don't really care or know it's bad and eat it anyways. Another problem is people not exercising. Which actually is the biggest issue, you can have fattening foods as long as you exercise to burn off what you eat, our breads have less than 1 gram of sugar unless you choose some crazy off brand option.

The problem is that healthy food in America is substantially more expensive than then garbage food. Having enough money to pay for that is not a matter of willpower, as popular as that opinion might be.

What is needed it cheap, decent quality, basic foods. Vegetables, rice, potatoes, etc. Cheap vegetables in the US hardly seem to qualify as plant life, much less food. It simply refuses to rot. Bacteria don't even want the stuff.

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Dec 25, 23:58:32
Spoiler: Depressing crap... • show
Not getting what you want on Christmas day is annoying...
Not getting what you need is heart breaking...

I got bad news, a family dinner and bugger all else for Christmas, and I'm still doing alright. Count your blessings.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Dec 26, 17:34:52
The problem is that healthy food in America is substantially more expensive than then garbage food.

That's not true at all. When I first moved out on my own with a minimum wage job I involuntarily adopted a healthier diet because I couldn't afford junk food. That's saying something considering we don't even have a junk food tax. I ate a lot of fruit because it was so cheap. I could get a bunch of bananas for a dollar, or a whole bag of tangerines for 2 dollars. Compared to a bag of chips that cost 2.75, or a box a cookies that cost 3 dollars.

The very poor; particularly single parents, are fatter because they get food stamps which they can spend on almost any food item, regardless of nutritional value, and many are unemployed which contributes to a sedentary lifestyle. To be honest I think food stamps shouldn't be useable for junk food, that's not what their for. 50% of people on food stamps are obese, which is a much higher rate than the general populous, because they spend their benefits on junk food that they don't need. Putting more restrictions on the use of SNAP benefits would nudge them toward healthier lifestyles. I'd much rather see people spend their benefits on apples and grapes than chips and cookies.

Go Up