Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bakasan94

I messed up just a little bit and now I have to survive with very little money rest of the month.

Chromastone64

Is there a list of mods online? I need to move my RP sign-up sheet to the sign-up thread, and I don't know how to move it...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 24, 11:27:15
I don't understand the hate for Ashley Williams of Mass Effect. Like....what's wrong with her? I don't get it...

Personally I found her to be a pretty interesting character, but then again I'm a sucker for the tough girl type. Probably why I romanced Ashley in Mass Effect and Jack in Mass Effect 2. Haven't played Mass Effect 3 because scumbag EA won't release it on steam. I might replay the trilogy on Xbox if they decide to re-release it on a single disk. Not sure who I'd end up choosing between Ashley and Jack...

Somehow I've managed to avoid spoilers all these years. I still have no idea what happens in the end that got everyone so mad. I'm told that apparently the ending is the same regardless of any choices you made in the whole trilogy, which is kinda stupid...I mean what's the point of an RPG with multiple paths if they all lead to the same conclusion.

I think it's because Ashley is a space racist. But that's just my guess.

Without the extended cut DLC the ending has a lot of holes and as everyone said it's pretty much the same but with different colour. With the extended cut DLC there is more explenation (the same choices though), an added 4th choice for an ending and a closure in each of the endings (which weren't present before).

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 24, 09:43:13
Seriously. If I was awoken by strange people in my apartment I'd be pretty scared.

The old lady I live with is having some family over for a week, which is perfectly fine. What's not fine is them arriving at seven in the morning and cheerfully yelling about finally being here and whatnot, right next to my bedroom. At seven in the morning. I woke up to yelling which not only scared and shook me up, but also gave me a headache and made me very angry once I realized what was going on. Not to mention I haven't been able to really sleep again since then and I KNOW I'll start feeling sleepy when I start working at the store today, so that'll be seven hours of me being miserable just because these people, who I still haven't met, were inconsiderate and rude. I should have gotten eight hours of sleep today. I got three and some very short naps here and there. I hate this so much. :c
Purr~

Midnight Breeze

Would everybody stop calling everything a hack for God's sake!!!

I see it everywhere in the titles of all kinds of articles and blog posts "McDonald's secret items - Try a new taste with these 10 menu hacks." "Useful career hacks - How to impress your boss and get that promotion you've been waiting for." "20 amazing life hacks you never thought of before."

Enough! Just stop it!

You did not hack the McDonald's menu by ordering a McChicken with big mac sauce. That's called customer service.

You did not hack your way to the top of the career ladder by getting on your boss's good side. That's called coercion.

And you certainly did not hack life by putting a bowl of ice in front of a fan as a poor man's air conditioning. That's called being resourceful.

You cannot "hack" life, dang it! God fixed all the glitches and exploits in patch 20.1.5!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 24, 13:58:03

I see it everywhere in the titles of all kinds of articles and blog posts "McDonald's secret items - Try a new taste with these 10 menu hacks." "Useful career hacks - How to impress your boss and get that promotion you've been waiting for." "20 amazing life hacks you never thought of before."

Enough! Just stop it!

You did not hack the McDonald's menu by ordering a McChicken with big mac sauce. That's called customer service.

You did not hack your way to the top of the career ladder by getting on your boss's good side. That's called coercion.

And you certainly did not hack life by putting a bowl of ice in front of a fan as a poor man's air conditioning. That's called being resourceful.

You cannot "hack" life, dang it! God fixed all the glitches and exploits in patch 20.1.5!

I find the idea that every new year is a new update to reality far funnier than I think it should be.  I'd love to see some of those patch notes.

But yes, words have a certain meaning.  Using "hack" as a buzz word to get attention is just sad.  And slightly related, people saying that someone hacked their account when they were naive enough to hand over their password to some stranger.  That's called gathering intelligence; there are hackers in games yes, some who can get access to an account by actual hacking sure, but it's not every single rule breaker out there.

Little Star

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Sep 24, 14:45:29
And slightly related, people saying that someone hacked their account when they were naive enough to hand over their password to some stranger.  That's called gathering intelligence; there are hackers in games yes, some who can get access to an account by actual hacking sure, but it's not every single rule breaker out there.

It's like when people say "she hacked my Instagram!". They actually mean "She physically took my phone, which is logged into Instagram, and posted a selfie." That's not hacking. I don't know why people just throw that term around.

Chishio Kunrin

Why do cats have to walk or run out in front of people?! DD:
My cat Sandy thought I was walking to the bathroom, and he got excited and ran out in front of me, trying to beat me down the hall. He always wants me to let him drink from the sink in the bathroom.

Well, I wasn't going to the bathroom. I nearly tripped over him, and I ended up stepping with my big toe bent down and put my weight on my toe, and it popped and hurt! It still hurts a little. :( I dunno if I messed up the joint or what.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

I was so close...then scumbag Tyson blocked my promotion. After 5 weeks of hearing nothing 2 of the red-helmets talked to me about an open operator position on the carton line.

Boss: Hey, in our red-helmet meeting we brought up that you were interested in an operator position. That right?

Me: Yeah.

Boss: Well, we have a vacant position on the carton line. Jose said you do I got job of boxing down there, do you want to job?

Me: Absolutely!  :D

Boss: Great, I'll talk to the no-helmets you want it so they don't have to bother posting it. By the way, how long have you been working here?

Me: 3 months.

Boss: Oh...that's all? Uhhh, yeah....that's kinda gonna be a problem.Tyson's new policy is that you have to have worked general labor for a minimum of 6 months before being promoted.

Me:  ono

Boss: I'll talk to them and see if we can make an exception. If you can't have to job then we'll at least move you to the carton line permanently.

Curse you, Tyson Foods! It was within my grasp! Within my grasp!

Well, I suppose I might still get it, but what are they odds they'll make an exception for some random dude with no connections?

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 24, 13:58:03

Enough! Just stop it!

I laughed so hard at this, And stuff rarely makes me laugh.
Though life could use another patch.
Someone derped me hard and got rewarded for it... :/

Greyscaleisme

2015 Sep 27, 00:27:35 #17250 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 27, 00:29:32 by Greyscaleisme
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 25, 14:02:11
Why do cats have to walk or run out in front of people?! DD:
My cat Sandy thought I was walking to the bathroom, and he got excited and ran out in front of me, trying to beat me down the hall. He always wants me to let him drink from the sink in the bathroom.

Well, I wasn't going to the bathroom. I nearly tripped over him, and I ended up stepping with my big toe bent down and put my weight on my toe, and it popped and hurt! It still hurts a little. :( I dunno if I messed up the joint or what.

You probably dislocated it, it should pop back in soon, if it hasn't already. :)

On my own topic though, school is kinda sucking big time RN, and I honestly cannot wait for the spring.. Gahh, I want to be done with this school already, and it hasn't even been a month!
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

When I look up at the sky at night I can always see the big dipper, but never any other constellation. Why is that?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Sep 27, 00:27:35
You probably dislocated it, it should pop back in soon, if it hasn't already. :)

Maybe that was what the second pop was when I messed with my toe afterward. :c

It seems like every time I try to type trail, I type trial, and it's starting to bug me because I keep typing stuff like trialer and then having to backspace and retype it to type trailer.

Midnight Breeze

How often I forget to turn on my headlights at night. Driving down brightly-lit city streets there's not really any difference in visibility between having headlights on or off, so it's an easy mistake to make, but it's still embarrassing and could result in a ticket for unsafe driving if I don't stop it.

I'll be driving down Beach Street and thinking "Why is that guy flashing his lights at m....oh.  >.<"

Chromastone64

The site I go to for MLP episodes has The Scare Master on it...how is that out yet?! I would watch it, but I don't want spoilers for episodes that might not even be out yet.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Naura

For those who ordered season 5 on Amazon, they didn't show the Rarity episode, but The Scare Master, but they changed it for being released during Halloween, but Amazon didn't change that in time, so it was leaked. :l
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Lync Volan

Quote from: Naura on 2015 Sep 27, 15:07:53
For those who ordered season 5 on Amazon, they didn't show the Rarity episode, but The Scare Master, but they changed it for being released during Halloween, but Amazon didn't change that in time, so it was leaked. :l
Sure hope noting goes on with the Friendship Games movie i preordered from Amazon :o

Chromastone64

Quote from: Naura on 2015 Sep 27, 15:07:53

But is there spoilers for other unreleased episodes in it?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 27, 15:09:54
Sure hope noting goes on with the Friendship Games movie i preordered from Amazon :o

Oh man, I saw it, and it's great. You're gonna love it. :3

My mom's cat Junior is suddenly really interested in exploring outside, so when someone's outside, he cries at the door, and when someone opens the door, he sprints outside. I'd be more inclined to let him wander if we had a collar for him. He's so friendly and loves everyone he meets. I'm afraid he'll get snatched up. :s Especially since some kids who live near us tried to take my friend's cat, who lives in our yard. :c He's really friendly, too, because he wants tons of affection.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 27, 17:53:59
Oh man, I saw it, and it's great. You're gonna love it. :3
Did you mean on DVD? or the Tv prim cause i already watched it at someones Apartment who put a whole party together just for that (which was great by the way!) doggies and food all over the place! along with multiplayer video games well we waited for it to air!

Go Up