Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Feb 16, 23:04:04
I'm so tired of everything. I just want to curl up and let the world spin on while I hide, away from it all.

*Hugs* :s

Like I've said before, when I'm really confused and, especially, baffled, it can kinda bother and annoy me.
Well, I'm confused as to why people are having such a hard time figuring out that the RWBY character James Ironwood follows the color naming rule.

The rule says that the character's name (first and/or last name) has to live up to one or more of the following requirements:
- Be a color
- Mean a color
- Sound like a color
- Make people think of a color

He follows that last thing. Ironwood.
What color is iron? A silver color, right?
What color is wood? Most often brown.
Silver and brown are colors, are they not? What about this has people stumped?

For some reason, sounds in the main bathroom of my house get magnified in my parents' bedroom, so I have to be careful when I'm opening or closing things in there while people are trying to sleep. o_o
I just accidentally woke my mom while putting clean towels away.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Flufflepuff0

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Feb 16, 23:04:04
I'm so tired of everything. I just want to curl up and let the world spin on while I hide, away from it all.

It's true for me too but All I want to eat while sad is ice cream mmmmmmmm ice cream

Lync Volan

my brain over thinking things that don't matter :l
and those times i think so much i take some kinda deep breath just to "let it all out" or whatever

i honestly really need to find something to focus on and get my mind off track or i'll never be able to live with myself :facehoof:

Chromastone64

How ridiculous the transfer operation for New 3DS is. I was on edge thinking one wrong move would cost me all my data, even when I had the tutorial video.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

I got a grade much higher than I deserved now I feel so stupid

and when my controller isn't listening to me

Midnight Breeze

They need to rename GTA Online's "Races" to "PIT maneuver contests".  If people are intentionally crashing each other out then it's not a race, it's a half-bummed destruction derby. I joined a great racing crew but unfortunately they are UK-based so my connection with them is sucky.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 17, 13:57:16
I got a grade much higher than I deserved now I feel so stupid

Don't feel stupid, feel lucky. Getting away with something that only benefits you is a great feeling.
Spoiler: Example • show
Like a restaurant messing up your order quantity and gives you more than you asked.

People who have no sense of humor and especially the humor-less ones who also come with a "Offended by every small/harmless joke" trait.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

"He wouldn't tell me everything, but I learned that [...] she'd left me with him right after I was born. No one had seen her since."
What
in the world
is so hard to understand
about this?
Why. do people. keep thinking. "Her mother died when she was young."
NO. "She'd LEFT me with him right after I was born. No one had seen her since."
"She'd LEFT me with him right after I was born."
Followed up with the other person asking "Why did she LEAVE you?" and an entire story about trying to find out why she left.

Really, do people just tune out and only pay half attention to dialogue these days? And then some people complain that they're confused, when something was plainly and clearly explained. *Facepalm*
I've seen way too many people having the same exact misunderstanding about this scene.

Rush of MLP

One of my dogs destroyed my stress ball, and now, ironically, I'm stressed about it. ono

Midnight Breeze

My mom put me as the sole beneficiary of her estate on her will. Her monetary assists will be divided equally between me and my two sisters, but the house and land is going to me alone, apparently. She says her reasoning for it is that she's given them a whole lot more than she's given me over her life, and she won't be there for me as long as she's been there for them because I'm so much younger than them. Heck, my oldest sister is still almost totally dependent on her, and she's 43. Mom's unlikely to still be around when I'm in that age range.

While I do agree with her on that, I don't think this was the best solution. I don't want this to drive a wedge between me and my sisters. If they find out about this they're gonna be really teed. They already think I'm the favorite child as it is, this would cement that belief.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 17, 21:05:57
My mom put me as the sole beneficiary of her estate on her will. Her monetary assists will be divided equally between me and my two sisters, but the house and land is going to me alone, apparently. She says her reasoning for it is that she's given them a whole lot more than she's given me over her life, and she won't be there for me as long as she's been there for them because I'm so much younger than them. Heck, my oldest sister is still almost totally dependent on her, and she's 43. Mom's unlikely to still be around when I'm in that age range.

While I do agree with her on that, I don't think this was the best solution. I don't want this to drive a wedge between me and my sisters. If they find out about this they're gonna be really teed. They already think I'm the favorite child as it is, this would cement that belief.

I wish I had some kind of helpful comment for you.  I can't relate to that situation, but I can see how it'd be rather stressful.

Not like it compares to the above, but not being motivated to work on a project.  Last OSW I put down a basic design for a new OC to serve as my Earth pony in game.  I had a basic story/personality already in my head for her, but I didn't have much time to fully elaborate on it.  Now I want to have her story tuned up, at least partially, before playing as her in this OSW, but despite having the time to work on it my energy's hit the ground floor again. 

Itty Bit

I really hate my morning breath. Specifically I hate when it feels like my mouth is melting from the inside out when I wake up.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2015 Feb 18, 12:25:58
I really hate my morning breath. Specifically I hate when it feels like my mouth is melting from the inside out when I wake up.

I just hate the taste. X3

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 18, 12:48:00
I just hate the taste. X3

Not sure if it's the same thing, but sometimes I wake up and find my mouth is open, and drier than a desert.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

I was a chronic mouthbreather as a kid. As a result my jaw and palette grew the wrong way and I had to have a bunch of teeth removed because my mouth wasn't big enough for all of them. I broke the mouthbreathing habit in early adolence, but to this day I still involuntarily mouthbreathe in my sleep which I can't control, causing cronic chapped lips and tooth decay.

No one can hold a candle to me on mouth issues.

BlessedCobra

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 18, 14:48:43
I was a chronic mouthbreather as a kid. As a result my jaw and palette grew the wrong way and I had to have a bunch of teeth removed because my mouth wasn't big enough for all of them. I broke the mouthbreathing habit in early adolence, but to this day I still involuntarily mouthbreathe in my sleep which I can't control, causing cronic chapped lips and tooth decay.

No one can hold a candle to me on mouth issues.

I can't relate to that extent, but my lips are always chapped and my breath isn't exactly pristine.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 17, 18:19:43
They need to rename GTA Online's "Races" to "PIT maneuver contests".  If people are intentionally crashing each other out then it's not a race, it's a half-bummed destruction derby. I joined a great racing crew but unfortunately they are UK-based so my connection with them is sucky.

^this. The PIT maneuver even works with freaking MOTORCYCLES. wut.

Dumb things that annoy me? Teasing. I'm talking about the kind that is consistent and mean-spirited. Or just bullying in general. Teasing especially because it is so easy to get away with. People notice it but don't see it as a problem. If the victim tries to do something about it then they are weak for complaining about such a minor issue. And when the teaser plays it off with "I'm just kidding." THEN WHY DO YOU ABUSE MY SELF-ESTEEM SO OFTEN. I guess you can tell that I'm speaking from personal experience.
Also, when you drop something and then try looking for it and it is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.  DD:

I think I've had a few too many blueberry pies...

Chibalt

Quote from: BlessedCobra on 2015 Feb 18, 15:43:23
Also, when you drop something and then try looking for it and it is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.  DD:

Even worse when you're really forgetful at times, I have multiple times forgotten where my glasses or my cellphone was, while I was wearing my glasses or holding my cellphone  lol
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: BlessedCobra on 2015 Feb 18, 15:43:23
^this. The PIT maneuver even works with freaking MOTORCYCLES. wut.

Believe it or not, I've actually been pitted in a PLANE once. Well...kinda. He slammed into me causing our wings to lock together and then steered us both into a building.

CrabApple

When you buy a bag of chips and it looks like a good sized bag. And when you get home and open it its only like 1/4 full!!!  DD: The rest is air! They shouldn't be able to do that. That's just mean.  :/ Same with boxes of cookies or other things that are in boxes or bags. I try not to buy brands that do that but things like Cheetos and lays chips and stuff you can't really find off brand ones that DON'T do that. If anything the off brand ones do it worse.  :c
[move=9][/move]

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: CrabApple on 2015 Feb 18, 16:11:47
When you buy a bag of chips and it looks like a good sized bag. And when you get home and open it its only like 1/4 full!!!  DD: The rest is air! They shouldn't be able to do that. That's just mean.  :/ Same with boxes of cookies or other things that are in boxes or bags. I try not to buy brands that do that but things like Cheetos and lays chips and stuff you can't really find off brand ones that DON'T do that. If anything the off brand ones do it worse.  :c

The price is set by weight, not size, so you aren't paying for the gas. They inflate the bags like that with nitrogen for two reasons: to keep the chips fresh and provide cushioning so they don't get crushed in delivery. The alternative would be to package it in rigid material like Pringles does, but that increases price.

Go Up