Started by MrSpyro, 2014 Jun 12, 11:51:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MrSpyro

2014 Jun 12, 11:51:38 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 12, 12:13:59 by MrSpyro
Adult Version

Name: North Wind
Race: Pegasusususususususususususususususususususususususususususususususususus
Appearance: Cream-colored with a sky- blue mane, which he combs the way Night Light does, and tail, which floats in the air like Celestia and Luna's, and midnight blue eyes.
Cutie Mark/special talent: Three snowflakes/Weather production, mainly snowflakes. He works at the Cloudsdale weather factory,.
Personality: In a nutshell, fluttershy but male
Bio: The only thing you need to know is he was possessed by a Windigo when he was just a foal, and his parents hired an exorcist to extract it from him. The thing is, the exorcist was an amateur who tried to do it via memory and messed up. This led to North Wind having the ability to freeze things with his mind.

(More to come, ant feel free to make arts of North Wind while you wait)
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Tiger

His tail floats like the princesses? We haven't seen any other ponies apart from Luna and Celestia that havethat feature, so it makes it seem like it's a princess-only thing (apart from Cadance and wi. Then again both of them weren't alicorns intially so that could explain it). Basically, people like characters that seem to be able to fit into the context of the show. In this case, the floating tail makes him not very 'believe-able'.

Also, I don't think we've ever heard of a windigo posessing a pony. They feed off fighting and hatred, but they don't go inside a pony to do it. It's a cool idea, though I'm not sure it can happen in the world of Equestria.

Even if he could be possessed by a windigo, the windigo's powers only can make things colder when there is more fighting and hatred to feed off. So I don't think making things freeze with his mind is possible without the hatred and fighting.

And when you say 'fluttershy but a male' it gives off the feeling of unoriginality, as though you weren't bothered to come up with a particular personality and just took one from the show. I mean, there's noting wrong with that,  but just saying.

Anyway, this guy is okay, but could use some improvement c:

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

MrSpyro

Nopony said windigos couldn't do that, and ponies feed off of food.
Derp race!

Tiger

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Jun 14, 22:23:33
Nopony said windigos couldn't do that, and ponies feed off of food.

And nopony said windigos could do that either. It's like saying that pegasi can cause earthquakes just because 'nopony said pegasi couldn't do that'.

Also, if the exorcist 'messed up' in separating the windigo from North Wind, how does that explain why North Wind obtained windigo powers, while not becoming half-windigo and having to feed off fighting and hatred? I think you may need to elaborate on how things went wrong to explain stuff.

GlassMirror

2014 Jun 15, 00:10:17 #4 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 15, 00:12:07 by GlassMirror
Quotewhich he combs the way Night Light does

Who's that? o.O
Quotepossessed by a Windigo

What's a Windigo?

And being possessed? how did that happen? was the place he was at haunted of something? The story sounds like a rated R movie about bad spirits. HIs powers are nothing to complain about though.

QuoteCream-colored with a sky- blue mane, which he combs the way Night Light does, and tail, which floats in the air like Celestia and Luna's, and midnight blue eyes.

I can picture the look, and nice combination of the colors. Cream and sky blue go well with each other :3

O, and i'm seeing a lot of shy ponies lately.

Tiger

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 15, 00:10:17

Who's that? o.O

Quotepossessed by a Windigo

What's a Windigo?

They were shown in Hearth's Warming's Eve in Season 2.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 15, 01:19:10

Who's that? o.O

I thought his name was Crescent Sparkle.  :I

Nothing makes sense anymore!

MrEmu

Not to be mean or anything but I agree with Tiger, It just seems like you're trying to hard to make him stand out... the best way to stand out is to NOT try to stand out, Vally wave, Crab Apple, Vesperal Veil, Dream bolt, they all seem like normal ponies, but I remember them most OC's due to the fact of how well I feel they'd fit in the show.

As I said, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, so sorry if I have... :s

Tiger

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 15, 01:24:07
Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 15, 01:19:10

Who's that? o.O

Spoiler: show

I thought his name was Crescent Sparkle.  :I

Nothing makes sense anymore!

His name is Crescent Sparkle, but he resembles a G1 pony called Night Light.

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 15, 03:31:06
Not to be mean or anything but I agree with Tiger, It just seems like you're trying to hard to make him stand out... the best way to stand out is to NOT try to stand out, Vally wave, Crab Apple, Vesperal Veil, Dream bolt, they all seem like normal ponies, but I remember them most OC's due to the fact of how well I feel they'd fit in the show.

Well said, well said. The reason that OCs that don't stand out stand out and OCs that stand out don't is because most people try to make their OCs stand out, and it becomes the norm. Things that are apart from the norm stand out, which in this case, would be not standing out.

I don't know if that made sense  :I

MrSpyro

The thing is, I wanted an OC that was related to ice and cold. At first, I intended it to be a Unicorn, but then I realized how many Unicorn OC's have talents for some kind of magic. That narrowed my list down to Earth ponies and Pegasi. Earth ponies are usually not related to anything in the atmosphere or higher (space, weather, etc.) so my only option was a Pegasus. I gave him the snowflake making talent, but I decided that wasn't enough. I wanted him to have ice-based powers. So I brainstormed up the bio and stuck with that.
Derp race!

Go Up