Does anybody else feel this way..?

Started by Itty Bit, 2012 Nov 07, 18:32:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

Has anyone else here been rather... not so hyped up as much as they want to be for the third season? I remember last season I was pretty excited for the new season to come out, but this year it doesn't really feel that way. It kinda feels like the longer the wait has been for the next season, the less interested I've been in Ponies. Heck, I'm trying to turn Itty Bit and my other ocs into their own thing right now; hence my avatar.

Right now, were about 3 days into the new season, and half the time I keep forgetting it... Maybe its just that I've been a fan for awhile and starting to look for something new, or I'm just a person that can't seem to keep an interest on one thing for too long, I'm not sure...

I don't really wanna leave this community and this forum, because it has a lot of sentimental value for me, and helped me actually talk to people and make new friends... But the more my interest in the show is fading, the less I've been dedicating myself to fan projects like this one...

Does anybody else feel this way..?

Tiger

Sort of. I don't feel all that excited for the new season, ESPECIALLY since Tara said Twilight gets to be an alicorn.

Seriously. Who's idea was that?

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Anibell April Dash

I feel a bit like that, I just dont feel that excited, and that alicorn idea *facehoof*. Also, i have aswell been creating some of my ocs into humans!
I thought i was the only one >.<' .

Chishio Kunrin

Humanizing your own OCs? Awesome.

Anyway, the wait hasn't been as unbearable for me as it has for other people. Now that we're close to the season starting, I'm less hyped because I know it's almost here, so there's no reason to be impatient anymore.

I'll admit, my interest has migrated elsewhere, and I check the forums less often. But I'm still gonna try to stay here.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jenzy

Sort of. I've skipped all possible Season 3 Clips. (And it's my New Season resolution X3)

I'm drawing 3 Chibi (Music) Ponies as a countdown though. Drawing 'em until S3 is here~

Blaze

You practically spoke my mind right there, Itty! That is partially why I haven't been very active on this forum (on top of all of the events that have been going on of course! X3). It has been a couple of months since season 2 and my attention has begun to wander to different things. I have a whole pile full of OC characters that are not MLP that could always use some improvement and can be used for just about anything because they are OCs. When fandoms becomes stalemate for the time being, I usually resort to those characters. Usually, I leave the fandom completely from lack of interest but luckily MLP has reeled me back to it a couple of times! I'm glad that it has too since everyone on this forum is so awesome, to say the least!  ^-^
So, to answer your question, you are definitely not the only one feeling this!  :D

Billow Pillow

2012 Nov 07, 22:24:19 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 07, 22:25:55 by Lyra Heartstrings
Interesting thought indeed! Suppose in several ways lately i have been getting a little bit bored of everything, but than thanks to the community i seem to generally find more things that draw me closer and closer to the show though.  Also given upon the whole twilight alicorn situation, at this moment i am not quite certain how i feel about it... if it does happen however, i might just avoid all new season's of the show all together.   Rather childish reasoning, though i swore to myself i would stop watching the show if any of the mane six became alicorn, or if they ever added monkey or human's into the show.   :P
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

videogamehunter

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Nov 07, 18:56:59
Sort of. I don't feel all that excited for the new season, ESPECIALLY since Tara said Twilight gets to be an alicorn.

Seriously she becomes a Alicorn. I really don't like that idea.

The Silent Wolf

2012 Nov 07, 22:47:23 #8 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 07, 22:55:17 by The Silent Wolf
Sort of. I don't feel all that excited for the new season, ESPECIALLY since Tara said Twilight gets to be an alacorn.

I actually quite like that idea if it's only temporary but I don't really feel the same way, I guess it's because people keep influencing me to stop watching the show that I watch it more.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Nov 07, 22:47:23
Sort of. I don't feel all that excited for the new season, ESPECIALLY since Tara said Twilight gets to be an alacorn.

I actually quite like that idea if it's only temporary but I don't really feel the same way, I guess it's because people keep influencing me to stop watching the show that I watch it more.

I think we've been over the spelling before, and came to the conclusion that a lot of people spell it alicorn. o.O

Anyway, I hope Tara was just trolling us. If not, I hope they do it in a way that's actually good and temporary.

The Wandering Magus

to be honest, LoE is currently my "home".  I have one other place on the internet I go to, but besides that, this place means everything to me.  Now show-wise, is the show becoming less of a "thing" for me?  yes, I can say that.  but this community?  never.  I tend to get "stuck" to a topic for a long while, as some of you can probably tell when I try reviving old RPs.  whether that's a good or bad thing, no idea.  but that's my two bits.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 08, 00:05:51
to be honest, LoE is currently my "home".  I have one other place on the internet I go to, but besides that, this place means everything to me.  Now show-wise, is the show becoming less of a "thing" for me?  yes, I can say that.  but this community?  never.  I tend to get "stuck" to a topic for a long while, as some of you can probably tell when I try reviving old RPs.  whether that's a good or bad thing, no idea.  but that's my two bits.

I try to hold onto my friends as much as I can. Friends leave my life way too often, to be honest. It can really get me down sometimes.

Book Smarts

I'm hyped for the next season , as long as Hasbro doesn't try to do some crazy scheme like humans in equestria or boyfriends for mane 6.

Sea Foam

I suppose when you devote so much time, energy, or thought into one specific thing, it's only to be expected that one may grow indifferent, or even turn away.
Now, I'm sure the amount of time it takes to get to that point varies from person to person, but it's not surprising that you would feel this way.

While I have, more or less, a general indifference to the majority of the fandom, and have begun to look upon a great deal of it with a touch of cynicism, there's certainly still enough there to keep me dedicated and interested.
     To answer the question: no, I'm not jumping out of my seat for season 3, but I don't see this as a "loss of interest."

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Nov 08, 00:40:35
     I suppose when you devote so much time, energy, or thought into one specific thing, it's only to be expected that one may grow indifferent, or even turn away.
Now, I'm sure the amount of time it takes to get to that point varies from person to person, but it's not surprising that you would feel this way.

While I have, more or less, a general indifference to the majority of the fandom, and have begun to look upon a great deal of it with a touch of cynicism, there's certainly still enough there to keep me dedicated and interested.
     To answer the question: no, I'm not jumping out of my seat for season 3, but I don't see this as a "loss of interest."

Yeah, my focus is kind of spread among multiple fanbases. However, this can be kind of tiring even though it keeps things varied because you end up checking into multiple throughout the week. For me, I end up checking multiple Youtube accounts each day, while also checking in on this forum. o_o I need to take some time away from these fanbases one day, though, so I can watch the recordings that're piling up on the DVR.

Buuuut... that makes my life kinda busy, and I like it. ovO There's always something to do. But it can also be kind of troublesome when I have too many things to do because then I neglect some, like manga.

Anyway, all of that is probably why I haven't lost too much interest in the MLP fanbase. That, and I just now spent quite a while rewatching awesome PMVs and pony videos. X3

Will this cheer you up? I still gives me goosebumps. :3
Spoiler: show

Akkira

I'm more bummed about the new season because my parents don't subscribe to the Hub channel, so I'll have to wait until it's on youtube like seasons 1 & 2  :c
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2012/251/5/5/fluttershy_by_theevidenceof-d5e0jf6.jpg

I look up to FlutterShy, and want to grow up to work at an animal hospital.

Chishio Kunrin

Same, I'm gonna have to wait until Sunday or Monday each week. But that's how it's always been for me.

Night Pony

2012 Nov 08, 01:50:19 #17 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 01:55:05 by Night Pony
I've got nowhere to go so I'm checking to forum daily. I've got OCs so I'm into the fandom and won't leave soon. I've never waited for S2 so I have nothing to compare my wait for S3. I'm waiting it and want to watch it but since it's here more or less there's nothing to get excited about. Unless you count Luna...I can't wait to see more of her.  :3
Also I get my daily dose of ponies in here so that's a big factor.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Itty Bit

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 08, 00:11:26
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 08, 00:05:51

I try to hold onto my friends as much as I can. Friends leave my life way too often, to be honest. It can really get me down sometimes.

Yeah, I know the feeling...

I didn't hear about the whole Alicorn thing... It doesn't really sound like something I would approve of, but I don't think it will turn my head if it really is true.

Tiger

I swear, if they turn Twilight into a PERMANENT alicorn, I am NEVER watching the show again  :l THEY BETTER NOT  >:O

But this fandom? I'll never leave this. It's been all my life for a year now. The only thing in my 12+ years of life I've ever been proud to be in. This fandom is beautiful with the friendliest people I've ever met online. Even if I do ever leave, which is highly unlikely, I won't forget this place :')

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up