Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

elmdor

Spoiler: show
Epic episode, terrible ending. I loved the songs!
I can't wait to watch the first two episodes of season 4, which should be connected to this one and explain more things.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 16, 11:15:13
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Feb 16, 11:14:27
Am I the only one who was somewhat disappointed?

I'm sure Blues will post soon.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol

Quote from: elmdor on 2013 Feb 16, 11:16:41
Epic episode, terrible ending. I loved the songs!
I can't wait to watch the first two episodes of season 4, which should be connected to this one and explain more things.

Friendship.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Jenzy

Maybe, maybe not.

Well, she doesn't look the slightest OP. Just glued wings. Though I guess others can say...

"What purpose do these serve?"
Shining didn't get wings and he's a prince!

Blaze

Oh, oh my... That Disney-like, Mary-sue ending really set off my gag reflexes. >.< I liked the songs but it started to feel more like a musical than a show once they sang the third and fourth one. That's all just my personal opinion.

Some things about the episode baffled me though:
1. Is it possible for an earth pony or a pegasus to become an alicorn? They cannot perform magic and, thus, would not be able to write their own magic.
2. Why wasn't Star Swirl the Bearded an alicorn? It specifically states on the MLP wiki that he "is a historical spell-creator" and he had that whole notebook full of them.
3. Did they build Twilight her own mini castle right off of Canterlot or was that always there?

Night Pony

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 11:18:36

Maybe, maybe not.

Well, she doesn't look the slightest OP. Just glued wings. Though I guess others can say...

No known pince/king is an alicorn only a unicorn. Maybe only mares get to be alicorns.
Also Derpy.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Book Smarts

2013 Feb 16, 11:27:32 #745 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 11:30:36 by Book Smarts
It felt rushed as always, but I should really be expecting that after 3 seasons. Definitely wasn't expecting the beginning of the episode to play out like it did. Most of the songs were subpar, two, maybe three stood out among the rest, one of course being Princess Celestia's song. Now on to the touchy subject of the whole Twilight Sparkle alicorn transformation, the way the authors shaped it, she does deserve this new rank and power. She's the protagonist of the series, and with the flashback scene, she has developed into one that can balance power and friendship. Questioning her alicornformation, is like questioning how Luke Skywalker was able to become a Jedi Master by skipping decades of training and experience. Twilight was on the path to becoming a hero since before season 1, a hero is someone[pony] that can stand above the rest, who has powerful abilities, but also has too make sacrifices. With the ending of the episode and season 3, one question remains, where was Discord? Why did Celestia need him reformed? He was obviously missing from the coronation, could he play a part for season 4? 9/10

Jenzy

2013 Feb 16, 11:30:31 #746 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 11:40:41 by Jenzy
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 16, 11:21:16
No known pince/king is an alicorn only a unicorn. Maybe only mares get to be alicorns.
Also Derpy.

Hmmm. Strange. Why can't stallions be alicorns.

Strange. Can't be a princess unless wings.

There is pretty pretty Princess Parfait. And the Temporary Gold Alicorn Power-up (That will most likely never appear in the show ovO my idea) turns anypony into an alicorn for 90 seconds and no more.

Good luck to Twiley and the rest to come. Might be Mary Sue-ish to others still, yeah.

I wonder about Twi's parents. Their children are a prince and princess. Should they be king and queen?

Just to finish the royalty story thing. :s

DERPY MADE AN APPEARANCE?! WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?! :D

Fluffy Cloud

The episode was awesome! The creators handled this very well, since putting seven songs in a 22 minute and 45 second episode seems like a hard thing to do. They also didn't make the episode like "poof, Twilight's a alicorn". It took a lot of friendship lessons to make her a princess.

~Celestia sang!
~Seven songs!
~And I have a feeling that Twilight's speech near the end was a reference to Lou Gehrig's speech. ("Luckiest man alive" "Luckiest pony alive.")

Rad Thunder

Time for Rad's opinion:

This whole episode felt like a musical then an episode, with all the songs. I liked em though. 'A True, True Friend' just might be my new fav.
I've said before that I had no qualms if Alicorn Twilight is permanent, and seeing it mean some higher purpose that Celestia hinted at makes me curious at to what the next season holds.
And I agree with everypony else, the ending was downright bad. There was so much that needs to be known. What exactly is Twilight the princess of? (Celestia = Sun/Day; Luna = Moon/Night; Cadance = Crystal Empire?) Will she be stuck in Canterlot now, leaving her friends in Ponyville?

Meghan better be right with resolving these issues, or I'm gonna be royally peeved.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 16, 11:15:13

I'm sure Blues will post soon.

Right you are.
This episode was terrible , and I officially have left the fandom unless they fix it in the other two parts.
Songs do not make it at all a good episode.
Alicorn Twilight is terrible. It doesn't matter why she turned it's still bad to make a character officially stronger than everyone else. This is a show about ponies , and not dragon ball Z.
That officially ends the show for half of the fandom that actually cared about character development.

I will still be on the forums , but I am no longer a brony.

If this changes how her friends act towards her I will hate show considering that defeats the entire purpose of the show.
If this doesn't change how her friends act towards her I will still hate the show considering that defeats continuity. Ponies are afraid of Celestia , and Luna being in the same TOWN as them , and it wouldn't make sense if  they treat her normally.

I am no longer a brony , but I will see the next parts just to see if it's possible for the writers to fix this mess.

Night Pony

f this changes how her friends act towards her I will hate show considering that defeats the entire purpose of the show.
If this doesn't change how her friends act towards her I will still hate the show considering that defeats continuity.

So whatever they do you'll hate it? Then why would you watch the next episodes when you know you'll hate them?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blues-Music

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 16, 12:06:47
f this changes how her friends act towards her I will hate show considering that defeats the entire purpose of the show.
If this doesn't change how her friends act towards her I will still hate the show considering that defeats continuity.

So whatever they do you'll hate it? Then why would you watch the next episodes when you know you'll hate them?
Who knows they might find some magic to fix this mess. Like making Twilight a unicorn again. Like you said "Trust the writers." I'm going to try that , and see.
There are a few other things to fix this , and all of them include Twilight becoming a unicorn.

Rad Thunder

Blues, maybe I can stop you before you make a mistake.

If you recall from what McSleuth showed us, Meghan said that the finale is only 'one part' of a bigger story arc. It most likely will unfold in its entirety come Season 4. And this means that my opinion that Alicorn Twilight will only be temporary can still be true, it's just gonna take awhile.
Short version, don't jump to conclusions. (Didn't they even make a lesson of friendship about this?)

Jenzy

2013 Feb 16, 12:14:56 #753 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 12:16:58 by Jenzy
That doesn't affect me and all the merchandise I already bought.

At least Derpy made an appearance and, I'm not sure what your taste is in music.

I will still be waiting for Season 4 to see what they've planned.

And...
Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 16, 11:18:36
[spoiler]Well, she doesn't look the slightest OP. Just glued wings. Though I guess others can say...

[/quote]

This needs to be answered better. MAYBE...

Though, I can always look back at the old episode. You got 64 episodes. Help yourself.[/spoiler]
And I agree with Rad.
Quote from: Rad Thunder
Short version, don't jump to conclusions. (Didn't they even make a lesson of friendship about this?)

Book Smarts

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Feb 16, 12:12:17

If you recall from what McSleuth showed us, Meghan said that the finale is only 'one part' of a bigger story arc. It most likely will unfold in its entirety come Season 4. And this means that my opinion that Alicorn Twilight will only be temporary can still be true, it's just gonna take awhile.

Bridle Gossip

Blues-Music

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2013 Feb 16, 12:12:17

Actually that's what I've been posting about. I'm not a brony any more , but I will see the episodes to see if they do get rid of the transformation. I'm actually doing what you're telling me to do  ^-^ .
Also Jenzy the O.P part is that her entire world except for 3 other people only have one ability for each race. Twilight getting all 3 makes her really O.P. I'm happy Derpy appeared , and it's not about taste , but just because it has good music doesn't make it a good episode.

Jenzy

2013 Feb 16, 12:21:45 #756 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 12:23:16 by Jenzy
That makes no sense. I don't see non-bronies watching MLP. >:/
((well, those who leave the fandom. Not coming to it))

And the title. "The title of the episode alludes to Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles."

Many many songs.

Rad Thunder

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 16, 12:17:24
Bridle Gossip

Thanks. I should've known, I watched that one 3 days ago during an all day pony marathon on Youtube. :P

I've mulled around how Twilight can return to a unicorn, and here's what I think could happen:

Princess Twilight will be performing her duties during Season 4 (premiere or otherwise), meaning she's gonna now be in Canterlot, and not in Ponyville with her friends. She's gonna miss them, and look for a way to either remove herself from her position, or pass it to another. If this ever happens, it most likely will be in the premiere that she steps down and returns to Ponyville, and most likely be 2 parter as all the season premieres have been. Then we have 22 episodes of random pony!
Then to cap it off for the Season 4 finale, another coronation for the new princess (Whether Twilight chose her, or found by other means). This could be a 2 parter as well, with maybe a new villain. Then Twilight is free to return to Ponyville with her friends.

That was a muzzleful. Someone should send that to M.A. Larson. lol
If anyone wants to fix that long winded wish of mine, go right ahead.

Jenzy

I kinda like my Gold Carrot 90-second as an alicorn power-up idea better. :P

Temporary.

We'll see what M.A. Larson up to...

Ha! My bud was planning to watch one, but found out how long it was last night and nothing could keep him from being awake. ovO

There's still that filly alicorn toy. I'm thinking it's Shining and Cadance's daughter and she becomes the princess instead? :s

AntlerShy

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 16, 12:02:40

Alicorn Twilight is terrible. It doesn't matter why she turned it's still bad to make a character officially stronger than everyone else.

You make it sound like someone godmodded her into an alicorn and just made her OP. That is not what happened though.
She didn't gain any more strength from becoming an alicorn, she already had strength and through the magic of friendship she was able to make it happen. Apart from her getting wings and acknowledgement through her official title, she hasn't changed.
Twilight has come such a long way and has proven herself so many times. She's always been OP, in a good way.

Now, I bow before you, Princess Sparkle, may you lead S4 to many good episodes. If so, I shall declare you best pony.

Go Up