How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aziz

Well.. my story, my story. I've seen a video from an Anime-fantasy convention. There was a MLP Marathon. Guy, who made this vid, tried to make another marathon, with friends, on Livestream. I  was there, I've seen first ep.. Second.. Third.. About ninth I said "Wow, this is good!" I gave up after.. I don't know, 18 episodes? I went to bed... Next day I watched the rest. And ta-dam! Magic of friendship took over me.
"I could save my lonely soul for you
But the feeling in my heart can't follow through
You can give a broken heart to me
'Cause you know that I'll stay with you
That's why they call me Loyalty"

ColdStar

How i became a brony eh? Well it's kinda a long story...

I shall start with first, my friends are bronies before i was and when they asked me to watch mlp i said... no. Well, it stayed like that for a bit. Then i got minecraft. Eventually i joined a server called Cookiecraft from one of the admins i made friends with ,zZDerpyhoovesZz. I played that server for a while and eventually both me and zZDerpyHoovesZz became Co-owners. As you can probably guess zzDerpyHoovesZz is a pegasister. I learned that both She and the owner (Younggunna123) were bronies. I did not care nor did i judge them. But then, the two owners made the server a Full On Brony Server without my consent. My first reaction was WTF that was too far. They nicely asked me to watch at least the first few episodes just to understand all the new pony stuff in the server. Again, i said no.... But then, one rainy day i had nothing to do, me and my friends could not hang out and i was a bit bored of minecraft so, i was going to watch at least the first few episodes of MLP ;probably just the first two... So, i did. I watched the first episode, then the 2nd, then to the 5th, then the entire 1st season, then the 2nd season, then the 3rd season! I LOVE IT. It was fantastic! Then well i quit cookiecraft... i learned that zZDepryHoovesZz was actually a stallion lying about who he was and such... and young became a jerk... etc.. but, that gave me even more time to join the fandom Happy I'm on a minecraft server called Mine Little Crafty. And there is just so much talent.. it's amazing!!!!

BRONY FOREVER (\

narwhaliagames

Quote from: ColdStar on 2013 Jul 22, 21:42:08

I shall start with first, my friends are bronies before i was and when they asked me to watch mlp i said... no. Well, it stayed like that for a bit. Then i got minecraft. Eventually i joined a server called Cookiecraft from one of the admins i made friends with ,zZDerpyhoovesZz. I played that server for a while and eventually both me and zZDerpyHoovesZz became Co-owners. As you can probably guess zzDerpyHoovesZz is a pegasister. I learned that both She and the owner (Younggunna123) were bronies. I did not care nor did i judge them. But then, the two owners made the server a Full On Brony Server without my consent. My first reaction was WTF that was too far. They nicely asked me to watch at least the first few episodes just to understand all the new pony stuff in the server. Again, i said no.... But then, one rainy day i had nothing to do, me and my friends could not hang out and i was a bit bored of minecraft so, i was going to watch at least the first few episodes of MLP ;probably just the first two... So, i did. I watched the first episode, then the 2nd, then to the 5th, then the entire 1st season, then the 2nd season, then the 3rd season! I LOVE IT. It was fantastic! Then well i quit cookiecraft... i learned that zZDepryHoovesZz was actually a stallion lying about who he was and such... and young became a jerk... etc.. but, that gave me even more time to join the fandom Happy I'm on a minecraft server called Mine Little Crafty. And there is just so much talent.. it's amazing!!!!

BRONY FOREVER (\
mc bronys/)(\
ay i'm no longer using this site

ColdStar

Quote from: narwhaliagames on 2013 Jul 22, 21:45:10

BRONY FOREVER (\
mc bronys/)(\
YAH!!!! :D /)(\

narwhaliagames

ay i'm no longer using this site

BerserkerBrony

The fanfiction did it for me.  I thought the show was ok at first, nothing I'd go bonkers over.  It was when I read Anthropology that pushed me over as well as other fanfics (mainly HiE's,  Project: Sunflower is my favorite right now).  Does it make me less of a brony that the fandom hooked me first than the actual show itself? Hope not  X3

Chack

Quote from: BerserkerBrony on 2013 Jul 23, 18:46:16
The fanfiction did it for me.  I thought the show was ok at first, nothing I'd go bonkers over.  It was when I read Anthropology that pushed me over as well as other fanfics (mainly HiE's,  Project: Sunflower is my favorite right now).  Does it make me less of a brony that the fandom hooked me first than the actual show itself? Hope not  X3

'Course it doesn't! You're just as welcome to be a brony as anyone else! ;)
Wait for it...

BerserkerBrony

Quote from: Chack on 2013 Jul 23, 23:06:02
'Course it doesn't! You're just as welcome to be a brony as anyone else! ;)

yay im accepted  :D

bauccgia0

Not gonna lie, Rainbow Factory.

Really.

Aziz

Quote from: ColdStar on 2013 Jul 22, 22:30:14
Quote from: narwhaliagames on 2013 Jul 22, 21:45:10

BRONY FOREVER (\
mc bronys/)(\
YAH!!!! :D /)(\

I am always wondering, why lots of Bronies are connected with minecraft.. So am I! I've been on a MC forum, and I found lots and lots of Bronies there.  (And.. that guy who made a Marathon, is a Minecraft player, too.)
"I could save my lonely soul for you
But the feeling in my heart can't follow through
You can give a broken heart to me
'Cause you know that I'll stay with you
That's why they call me Loyalty"

Asterian Starfall

I had heard about it all the time on Team Fortress 2. Seen the sprays, the weapon names (Like Derpy's Muffin Launcher), and heard the conversations, so I asked, "What's this all about?"

They all said the same thing: "Watch the show, you'll love it!" At that point, I thought they were messing around with me, dodging the question as if they didn't have an answer. At the time, I though MLP was something for little girls. Merchandise and shows alike didn't interest me. I assumed is was another children's education shows and I dismissed it as such.

But I kept asking the question and after some time of hearing it, I finally said to myself, "Okay, fine. I'll watch the first episode..." It started out as what I thought it would; the intro was just to catch you up on 1000 years of events in about 60 seconds. Then the theme song came, and I nearly punched my laptop, but after the first chorus came the rock ballad. "Okay, this isn't too bad." After the intro, I began to somewhat relate to Twilight Sparkle. "She's like me...", so I kept watching.

That first episode captivated me, so I decided to watch the second part. With each one I watched, I related more and more to each of the characters, finding ways in which I was like them.

Today, I have seen every episode to date at least five times, can honestly say I love the show, and that I can't wait for season four!

P.S. Although I don't own any merchandise, I want a Rarity plushie so badly but... just can't afford it. No allowance and no job. :'(
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

BerserkerBrony

Quote from: Aziz on 2013 Jul 24, 11:43:55
I am always wondering, why lots of Bronies are connected with minecraft.. So am I! I've been on a MC forum, and I found lots and lots of Bronies there.  (And.. that guy who made a Marathon, is a Minecraft player, too.)

Notch is a brony, isn't he?  Coincidence? I think not!  ovO

Mystery0123

2013 Jul 25, 08:02:37 #212 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 28, 02:55:26 by Mystery0123
Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 24, 15:35:49
     I had heard about it all the time on Team Fortress 2. Seen the sprays, the weapon names (Like Derpy's Muffin Launcher), and heard the conversations, so I asked, "What's this all about?"

They all said the same thing: "Watch the show, you'll love it!" At that point, I thought they were messing around with me, dodging the question as if they didn't have an answer. At the time, I though MLP was something for little girls. Merchandise and shows alike didn't interest me. I assumed is was another children's education shows and I dismissed it as such.

But I kept asking the question and after some time of hearing it, I finally said to myself, "Okay, fine. I'll watch the first episode..." It started out as what I thought it would; the intro was just to catch you up on 1000 years of events in about 60 seconds. Then the theme song came, and I nearly punched my laptop, but after the first chorus came the rock ballad. "Okay, this isn't too bad." After the intro, I began to somewhat relate to Twilight Sparkle. "She's like me...", so I kept watching.

That first episode captivated me, so I decided to watch the second part. With each one I watched, I related more and more to each of the characters, finding ways in which I was like them.

Today, I have seen every episode to date at least five times, can honestly say I love the show, and that I can't wait for season four!

P.S. Although I don't own any merchandise, I want a Rarity plushie so badly but... just can't afford it. No allowance and no job. :'(

I became a brony via "Beyond her Garden" and other Youtube videos... At first I loved Rainbow Dash's character... B)
But then I noticed Fluttershy a bit more and noticed I could relate to her...
These days, I'm less of a brony and more of a furry though...
Btw, I also have the same problem, but I'd perfer a Fluttershy plushie :(
Hey, guys, I am having a rough time with Youtube, there's a hater called Jack Meyer hating on me and my friends and he never stops! He also makes new acc...
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSossil/
It would be much appreciated if you helped with my dilemma...

Fmafanclub

Azure

Some forum I use was crazy for it back in March '11.
I took a look.
It was okay.
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

Zedd

I first heard about it from a Youtuber I really like who strongly dislikes ponies. The notion of grown men and women enjoying a children's show boggled me for a while and I just kind of went with the flow. I wanted to be open-minded so I watched the first two episodes without taking them seriously and just dismissed it.

However, after about six months of talking about how silly bronies are, someone on a server (Minecraft server) convinced me to watch an episode. Being an open-minded person (again) I said sure. It was only a waste of twenty minutes. I watched a random episode and took it seriously. It was kind of humorous and was very well-written for a children's TV show, so I watched the next one. Soon enough I had watched the entire second season. Then I went back and watched the first season.

However, until recently I've only been watching the episodes as they come out. After seeing the movie, I started getting a little more involved in the brony fandom and after going to a summer camp with quite a few bronies I started looking at the memebase and I decided to come on here for a bit of roleplaying from time to time.

Anyways, I consider myself to be a brony for certain now. There was some doubt for a while, but after watching and really enjoying the movie I said to myself, "I'm definitely a brony."
Currently innactive. School's been bogging me down. :(

Ellowee

Well, I was introduced when a friend of mine told me about a really great show, and she wanted me to watch it with her, so I did. I thought the characters were really realistic, and the score was well-produced. I've loved the show ever since!  0:)

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Ellowee on 2013 Jul 28, 07:25:19
Well, I was introduced when a friend of mine told me about a really great show, and she wanted me to watch it with her, so I did. I thought the characters were really realistic, and the score was well-produced. I've loved the show ever since!  0:)

That's about how all these stories go!

But I'm a little intrigued here... What happened in particular? I must know!
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Night Pony

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 28, 12:02:37
Quote from: Ellowee on 2013 Jul 28, 07:25:19

That's about how all these stories go!

But I'm a little intrigued here... What happened in particular? I must know!

Isn't Ellowee a mascot? Like non-existent-person-that-was-made-by-the-devs? Why is she posting anything besides news about the game?  o.O

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Azure

IT'S GAINED SELF-AWARENESS
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

Go Up