Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Teal Turken

Spoiler: show
I think a lot of you worry too much. The supposed "Foreshadowing" might just be small tidbits added in just to creep you out. Like "Oh gosh! There really IS a pony in the shadows!" or "Fluttershy can't be back to normal!"

Jinxie Umbra

Pony in the shadows - can't believe how many theories people throw about.
I thought it was pretty obvious that it's Starswirl the Bearded, still alive via time spells or some other magic.

Also, theories/speculation I have based on Meghan McCarthy's tweets:
She mentioned a character will make their singing debut this season. Also that they nearly broke Tabitha St Germain who was doing some crazy voice work for Rarity and "others." A lot of fuss about the best musical sequence they've ever done. And she seems pretty excited about the finale.

In conclusion, I'm hoping Luna will sing a song or two, probably in the finale. Maybe a duet with Celestia. Would be pretty awesome.  :D

I just hope 'Tia and Luna don't leave the show yet, since we've had no real exploration of their characters. But I have this sinking feeling they'll ascend to a higher plane of existence, or get absorbed back into the Tree of Harmony trading their own power in exchange for the contents of the box or something, leaving Twilight in charge of Equestria.

Hope that doesn't happen.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: KuddlyKalli on 2013 Dec 31, 22:20:13
She mentioned a character will make their singing debut this season. Also that they nearly broke Tabitha St Germain who was doing some crazy voice work for Rarity and "others." A lot of fuss about the best musical sequence they've ever done. And she seems pretty excited about the finale.

In conclusion, I'm hoping Luna will sing a song or two, probably in the finale. Maybe a duet with Celestia. Would be pretty awesome.  :D

I just hope 'Tia and Luna don't leave the show yet, since we've had no real exploration of their characters. But I have this sinking feeling they'll ascend to a higher plane of existence, or get absorbed back into the Tree of Harmony trading their own power in exchange for the contents of the box or something, leaving Twilight in charge of Equestria.

Spoiler: Wait. Singing debut? • show
Singing debut? Last year, they said there might be an episode in season 3 where Rarity and Octavia get a duet, but then the season got cut in half. Like I've said before, I think some of the episodes in season 4 were originally going to be in season 3. Therefore...
Octavia. Octavia might be the one who makes a singing debut.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Prismatic

Nonsense, it's Big Macintosh that's getting a singing debut!

lemongrass

I thought it was pretty obvious that it's Starswirl the Bearded, still alive via time spells or some other magic.

Although everyone seems to assume it would be twilight who takes over if Celestia and Luna disappeared, but I think it would most likely be cadence who takes over, as she is older and more experienced! Twilight only took charge in the season opener because Cadence was away in the the crystal empire.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: lemongrass on 2014 Jan 03, 16:29:05

Although everyone seems to assume it would be twilight who takes over if Celestia and Luna disappeared, but I think it would most likely be cadence who takes over, as she is older and more experienced! Twilight only took charge in the season opener because Cadence was away in the the crystal empire.

Well, Celestia and Luna are two ponies, so nothing says Twilight AND Cadence couldn't take over together if Celestia and Luna are gone.

Dawnstar

How often is Cadence up in the Crystal Empire though? I ask because from what I've seen makes me think she's either up there for a considerable amounts of time, or, as is likely, she is pretty much in charge of the empire as its own princess and managing it appears to be a full-time responsibility.

In both cases she seems to have a very difficult time getting down to the Equestrian capital to help out there.

Jinxie Umbra

Cadence lives up there full time, ruling over the Crystal Empire.
And it looks like Twilight Sparkle will move into the ruined castle in Everfree Forest by the end of season 4. So discussing replacements for Celestia may be a bit premature (I hope). I only brought it up because I was worried it might happen sooner rather than later.

Joylight

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Dec 31, 09:52:22
This Saturday's episode is
Spoiler: Episode title • show
Rarity Takes Manehattan!
Spoiler: Synopsis • show
"When Rarity attends Fashion Week, another designer copies her entire line."

Queee, another ALL RARITY EPISODE~

dynamite

I liked the latest episode. I did predict the outcome of it though but it was still one of the best episodes in season 4 so far. And apparently my suspicions are being proven again, the mane six keeps being squeezed into every episode in season 4. Why?   o.O

Oh and http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. wet Rarity makes an appearance again :p

blobking156

I believe this episode was the best of season four so far. it felt like an actual MLP episode instead of a ploy to appeal to it's more adult audience oh and I believe...
... that the first key is coming soon, based on the rainbow glimmers. could the rainbows give us a hint who it's for?

Cotton Ball

during the manehattan song the pony rarity bumps into and gives a flower has a grumpy cat cutiemark   lol
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Jinxie Umbra

Quote from: blobking156 on 2014 Jan 04, 17:12:09
I believe this episode was the best of season four so far. it felt like an actual MLP episode instead of a ploy to appeal to it's more adult audience oh and I believe...
... that the first key is coming soon, based on the rainbow glimmers. could the rainbows give us a hint who it's for?

Yeah, this episode was pretty good. Maybe Digibrony and Bronycurious will calm down now.  lol
That spool of thread is no doubt related to Rarity's key, if not actually being the key itself. Given the "Rainbow Power" toy designs we've seen leaked around the net I'd say we can expect something like this for each of the mane six. Rarity's element was tested and we even had a song titled "Generosity" so yeah.

The upcoming episode 10 "Rainbow Falls" sounds like the one where Dashie gets hers, as her element is going to be tested (based on the synopsis). It's possible Pinkie will get hers in the musical with Weird Al, "Pinkie Pride." But that might be pushing it.

ArtVeigar

I really loved this episode! As a Rarity fan, I really think this episode shows really well the dynamic between her and her element, and how she acts in front of this new challenge, something that never happened to her in Ponyville, that is
having her Generosity being used and exploited against her.

Together with Flight to the Finish, this was the best episode of the season so far, and I really hope there are more of these coming.

We already have a CMC episode, a Rainbow Dash episode, a Spike episode, a Fluttershy and Applejack episode and a Rarity episode, besides the Mane 6 episodes. Now we need a Princess Twilight episode and a Pinkie Pie episode.

LostSanity

I'm not really sure what to say about this one.

EVERYTHING about this episode was just AMAZING.

Another GREAT episode!!

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

blobking156

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2014 Jan 05, 00:35:25
Now we need a Princess Twilight episode and a Pinkie Pie episode.

OBJECTION! {present->evidence-> S4 opener}
if that doesn't qualify as a Twilight episode, I don't know what does.

GoldenTerrabyte

Loved it!

Rarity's eyes glowing at that one moment... Mean something?

One thing I must say is this:

Are they really sacrificing much by returning the Elements of Harmony? If you noticed in Equestria Girls, they used the power of them without wearing them at all! So I think they can still use their power.
I'm back

blobking156

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jan 05, 21:49:53
Are they really sacrificing much by returning the Elements of Harmony? If you noticed in Equestria Girls, they used the power of them without wearing them at all! So I think they can still use their power.

OBJECTION! humans are different than ponies. you see,most people have only a couple of the elements. and the max humans can have the is five... because of the absence of one thing- Magic. therefore, if you have five of the six element bearers, one physical element that all of those lack will ignite a spark. if you think about it, the only things stopping us from doing such a thing is the element of magic. without the element, nothing weird would've happened. maybe the elements opened the portal in the first place.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: KuddlyKalli on 2014 Jan 04, 22:49:15
Quote from: blobking156 on 2014 Jan 04, 17:12:09

Yeah, this episode was pretty good. Maybe Digibrony and Bronycurious will calm down now.  lol
That spool of thread is no doubt related to Rarity's key, if not actually being the key itself. [spoiler]Given the "Rainbow Power" toy designs we've seen leaked around the net
I'd say we can expect something like this for each of the mane six. Rarity's element was tested and we even had a song titled "Generosity" so yeah.

The upcoming episode 10 "Rainbow Falls" sounds like the one where Dashie gets hers, as her element is going to be tested (based on the synopsis). It's possible Pinkie will get hers in the musical with Weird Al, "Pinkie Pride." But that might be pushing it.[/color][/spoiler]

To be clear, they're not leaked toy designs. They're actual toys that have been out for about a year. Seriously, people have been able to buy them for about a year already.
Once again, Hasbro's toy department jumps the gun.

If you don't want a possible spoiler of what the box is going to do, just don't look into the toy thing we're talking about and don't think too hard about any of the MLP toys that started being sold last year.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ArtVeigar

Quote from: blobking156 on 2014 Jan 05, 21:35:53
Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2014 Jan 05, 00:35:25
Now we need a Princess Twilight episode and a Pinkie Pie episode.

OBJECTION! {present->evidence-> S4 opener}
if that doesn't qualify as a Twilight episode, I don't know what does.

I felt that was na episode that surrounded the mane 6 rather than Twilight alone. But yea, it could be considered as such.

Go Up