Where IS everypony?

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Oct 24, 15:41:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

McSleuthburger

ok prepare for wall o' test

@Zaner if you have questions as to why something of yours was closed dont be afraid to ask why if it is not stated

this will go for most, I know at least for me when it comes to moderation
If nobody speaks up, then I figure it is fine
IF YOU ASK A QUESTION I WILL ANSWER

as to the sensitive material / off-topic stuff
There is a reason we dont want to see it, I know most members would just want to see a friendly talk and explain different view points, but remember everyone we are on the internet. There are always people that will get too offended/ are very sensitive when you dont agree with them. (its human nature/troll) Topics can get heated and people can react in ways they wouldnt normally do. Remember we are a CHILD-FRIENDLY site/game. I know most of the users here are older and used to the controversial things but WE DO HAVE YOUNG MEMBERS and we have to take account for all of them. The best way to make sure people dont do stupid or ill-advised things is PREVENTION. It may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it is alot easier than waiting for most topics to just develop into something that is stupid overall and have to be taken care of later in a messy manner (because in all honesty, I dont have faith in most of this community to keep a topic going without some members taking a topic and changing it into something completely different that has no point) basically they turn it into a waste because I and the other mods have to go through and read everything and that is not always easy. I would rather stop something and have a couple people upset with me than waiting until somebody post something that has nothing to do and a larger problem occurs. People might post for the sake of posting and not to add something to the conversation. I've played the game on the forum where I wait on a controversial/sensitive topic to see where is goes and every time the topic goes into something that has nothing to do with the original discussion.
I understand that most people dont like my decisions when I lock or delete a topic and im fine with that, all im asking is that you respect my decision and live it with. Again if you have questions about something ill be happy to answer.

Any questions or concerns pm me
McSleuth
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Night Pony

I notice everypony who posts or hangs around enough on the forum. Also why don;t you change the avatar Zaner? You have it since I first joined EO.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Johannes

Driving school is taking a lot of time from me.
Also I prefer to read and post when I have to post.

I'm not going to leave this forum -.-

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Oct 24, 17:24:06
I notice everypony who posts or hangs around enough on the forum. Also why don;t you change the avatar Zaner? You have it since I first joined EO.

I don't have a reason too, mostly. I was going to change it to a picture someone was going to make for me, but surprise surprise, they had to cancel making it.

The Wandering Magus

familiarity reasons?

Thank you for the clarification, McSleuth ^-^

I'm still wondering whether the lack of activity is due to the recent members being mostly "hi bye" drive-bys.
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 24, 17:26:30

I don't have a reason too, mostly. I was going to change it to a picture someone was going to make for me, but surprise surprise, they had to cancel making it.
I'd draw you a pic if you really wanted me to x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Zaner-Boy

It's fine, I'm sure you're already busy enough without me getting in the way.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 24, 17:28:08
It's fine, I'm sure you're already busy enough without me getting in the way.
never too busy to help out friends x3
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Ateren

I'm horrible at drawing.  >.< Or else I would probably help out as well. Regardless, there's a reason for everything. I'm not going to go around and stalk every single pony to know why they aren't here or there. That's just creepy... Also, McSleuth hit the nail on the head there.

ChocolateRain

Hay there,

just to add my 2 bits... ;)

Speaking for me within the week I'm out for work over the day. Usually I posts in the evening when I'm back home again (and I'm not every evening at home). Then after work I often feel too tired to keep up with new topics or even add new ones myself. Keeping up with the threads I've already posted on keeps me busy enough and the thread games are a nice thing to do in between while doing other stuff. Then there is that timezone problem. There are some ponies just coming to the forum when I'm leaving to hit the hay, so writing with them is hard. And then there's a whole list of stuff I want to do too that's always getting longer and longer. ;)

@Zaner-Boy:

I've noticed quite some of your posts. And even some I really thought I should answer to. But then I've more than once been there and didn't know what to write to not give bad advice or something... Hope you don't get that wrong or something. I'll try to get better with that, I Pinkie promise. :D Though don't be upset if I won't answer too often as at least for me this forum already has much more traffic than I can handle. ;)

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

HerpyDooves

I've been trying to be as active as possible, but I can only get on on the weekends :c

Little Judas

It's a game forum first, so when the game(development) is quiet the people are looking for a replacement.
That replacement is background or origin of the game, in this case the show, but as we all know, that's still on hiatus.
Another replacement would be the Thread Games, Off-Topic and RPs.
And as you mentioned yourself, those flourish quit nicely.

What I myself noticed is that a lot of people here also have either a low self-esteem or a lack of interest so they won't always post
about every single thing that happens to them, though there are 2 threads for the good and the bad, which might be enough.
Keeping a personal yet viewable diary isn't the intention of this forum, that's what blogs are for.

As for the drive-bys, this is a great place to get the latest news, but the forum-life hasn't chosen them, they have things like
Twitter an Facebook to keep them up to date, they have no use for this part of LOE.
I'm also at a Belgian/Dutch metal forum, 5089 registered users, let's say 20 of them post regularly.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

ChocolateRain

Oh just got an idea / request that might at least help me to participate more in new posts:

As I mentioned I find it hard to keep track of new threads. So it would be nice to have a way to subscribe new threads (not new posts) or to ignore certain threads / boards I'm not interested in to reduce the noise for me. That way I'd recognize interesting threads more easily. (Not sure there are plugins or something for that though...)

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

Little Judas

As for controversial adult topic, yet still not obscene.
I have an idea, don't know if it is possible, but how about a Board with a computercontrolled age-system.
Unseeable to guests and everyone who is below *insert adult age* were other things could be discussed.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Blues-Music

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 24, 18:22:17
As for controversial adult topic, yet still not obscene.
I have an idea, don't know if it is possible, but how about a Board with a computercontrolled age-system.
Unseeable to guests and everyone who is below *insert adult age* were other things could be discussed.
Or instead of having to pointlessly waste time to make a section programmed to make it appear to certain ages every thread could have a bar that says the age you have to be.It also doesn't have to ban young people from seeing it just warn them.Lets say an Rp wants to add minor bleeding , and wounds.They add [13+] to the title.That way if a child still acknowladges minor bleeding, and isn't afraid'of it can join.Not only is it easier , and fair it would be the persons fault of clicking even though it clearly says not to in the title.

Julius

Ah, I'd been wondering this myself. I thought it was because of school and all that though, so I didn't bother asking.

Judas explained everything amazingly well. :)

I for example do not go to those boards that are active often, and I think I only checked the Roleplaying board when I first joined and Magus asked me if I roleplay, which I do not.

I check the forums everyday though (Thanks for making them so iPhone friendly guys!), and I reply to whatever I feel like replying to, though I do not do it just to reply, I do it because I care about the topic or the current conversation in it.

As for making posts myself... There's really not a lot going on for me to post really. I'm not shy and I certainly don't have low self esteem, it's just nothing comes to mind. I may find myself making an Off Topic thread when I go to Aruba though, to share everything about the trip with you guys! ^-^

About the "Adult Boards" suggestion... It doesn't seem like such a bad idea yet, I don't really like it much. Guess I stand on neutral grounds about this one. Though, being the very curious guy I am, I want to know what Chishio was talking about. lol

To finish off this post, Zaner, my man, your posts never go unnoticed by me, I'm serious. As others have said already, it's not so bad! Give me a smile, will ya? :D
Purr~

Vertigo

I'm cray cray and have to post everything I think if is appropriate or not!!!!  ovO

Book Smarts

School never ends... Well then there's summer.... and the winter break.... Just not now  :s

LaptopCommandStation

IMO-SLOW, REALLY!?

I love how active this forum is comparing it to my clan's forums.  There hasn't been a post in my Server Admin section in 3 months, Clan Leader boards in 4 months, Clan member boards in 1 1/2 months, and I have Competition subforums that haven't been posted in for 1 Year and 8 months.  I've been searching for active forums because of this...

The inactivity has gotten to this point
Spoiler: show

I'm having a proper conversation with myself.....

Billow Pillow

2012 Oct 24, 22:27:17 #38 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 24, 22:31:32 by Lyra Heartstrings
Interesting question.  Well i generally tend to stick around a-bit of everywhere, though i ususally happen to be around the forum games section, video games, My Little Pony: FiM Show Discussion, Pony Off-Topic, and Arts.   Though to answer the real question, i  am not really certain where everyone is... though i generally only post when i feel it is needed.    X3
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 24, 22:18:49
IMO-SLOW, REALLY!?

I love how active this forum is comparing it to my clan's forums.  There hasn't been a post in my Server Admin section in 3 months, Clan Leader boards in 4 months, Clan member boards in 1 1/2 months, and I have Competition subforums that haven't been posted in for 1 Year and 8 months.  I've been searching for active forums because of this...

The inactivity has gotten to this point
Spoiler: show

I'm having a proper conversation with myself.....

:P well, slow for what it used to be x3 I know it's light speed compared to some forums, but i'm used to seeing bunches of yellow suns on the front page, not a whole lot of moons that stay there for hours

Go Up