Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Real Steel is such an awesome game :3

Stardust Dragon

I just caught up on RWBY for the week and, while I'm still anxious to see next episode, I'm just happy they justified a part of my OC's design I was a little worried about being physically practical (by RWBY standards anyways, where physical practicality is already subject to "how awesome can we make this?!"). 

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Nov 04, 01:50:30
I just caught up on RWBY for the week and, while I'm still anxious to see next episode, I'm just happy they justified a part of my OC's design I was a little worried about being physically practical (by RWBY standards anyways, where physical practicality is already subject to "how awesome can we make this?!").

Sadly, we have to wait two weeks for episode 3. X3 It's delayed to a scheduling conflict with a 24 hour Extra Life livestream.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 04, 03:05:55
Sadly, we have to wait two weeks for episode 3. X3 It's delayed to a scheduling conflict with a 24 hour Extra Life livestream.

Ah, I was wondering about the reason why.  Oh well, I'll be patient...though I still want an inside look at how Dust works.  Then I might be confident enough to finalize said OC...after I find a last name for him of course.  I say I can write well, but when it comes to character names...bleh.  :I

Night Pony

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Nov 04, 04:30:39
Ah, I was wondering about the reason why.  Oh well, I'll be patient...though I still want an inside look at how Dust works.  Then I might be confident enough to finalize said OC...after I find a last name for him of course.  I say I can write well, but when it comes to character names...bleh.  :I

Wasn't there a World of Remnant video about dust?
Also I think there are several RWBY name generators out.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Nov 04, 04:38:25
Wasn't there a World of Remnant video about dust?
Also I think there are several RWBY name generators out.

Yeah, but that World of Remnant only talked about the basic nature of Dust. I'm still waiting for them to confirm what each color we've seen actually does. All we can do right now is guess and speculate.

Like, it seems...
Spoiler: RWBY spoilers • show
Red = Fire
Dark blue = Ice
Yellow = Lightning
^ (Those three, judging by the scene where Ruby sneezes on red, dark blue, and yellow Dust, and it made fire, ice, and lightning. Also the red Dust crystal in episode 1 being called "Burn" and the yellow-ish Dust crystal in World of Remnant: Dust being used to summon lightning. That, and in volume 1, Weiss' rapier glowed red when she used it to cast fire... and accidentally burned a tree. Blake made a fire clone, and she had red Dust when she did it.)
The artist for World of Remnant: Dust actually said that green is wind, so at least we know that for certain.
Orange = Lava, maybe? Cinder's clothes glow orange, especially her stealth suit. I think some of the glass Ruby mentioned was obsidian, which Cinder must have used the lava Dust to form.
Light blue = That light blue shockwave energy shield thing that Neo (for a split second in Painting the Town) and Weiss (used her rapier to draw a circle for it in No Brakes) have made, as well as the shield that keeps people from flying into the crowd in the arena.
Purple = Darkness? In No Brakes, one of Blake's clones had a black and purple effect, but that's the only time her clone has every had that effect. Usually, they blur out. That one time that a Beowolf jumped through a clone, there was white and light purple. So, I think this was Dust. She made it right in front of Roman's eyes, probably so he couldn't see where she went and what she was doing next.
White = Earth (the rock clone Blake made). The only thing really suggesting this is process of elimination. Blake had white Dust, and all the other colors she had have evidence pointing toward other things for their effects.

I wish they would just tell us for sure, instead of leaving us wondering.

I really wonder what the other World of Remnant videos we're getting this volume will be about. Maybe one of them will tell us the color coding. I can't really imagine what else they could be planning to tell us about, except maybe some of the history of Remnant. Actually, that's probably what we're gonna get, given the theme of what seems to be about to happen by the end of (or maybe actually at the end of) the volume.

Either way, if the WoR videos this time around are as informative as the one about the Vytal Festival Tournament, I can't wait to see them! :D

LostSanity

Changed things up again.

Because apparently no one else on here is a fan of this AMAZING game.

Oh well.

Oh how Neku speaks to me still to this day...

:\
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chromastone64

Beat Undertale.
Spoiler: show
On the true pacifist route.
Wow. The ending. I nearly cried. To be honest, I wish it DID make me cry. It'd be the first game since The Legend Of Spyro's ending to do that. It's just because I didn't understand a few details that I didn't, but it was still enough to make me sniff. And after the final message when you restart, AND seeing what you have to do in the evil path...no. I will NOT reset this game. It's EASILY made it onto my top ten games.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

While I am disappointed that we won't be getting the KH3 trailer that was shown at Japan's D23 con any time soon, I'm really happy to hear about other stuff that was shown there! :3

Things that stood out the most to me:
Spoiler: KH3 info • show
The newly revealed attraction flow (they made a screenshot of it public) is apparently Buzz Lightyear themed. I really, really hope this means that they're allowed to use Pixar movies now, and that we'll finally have Pixar worlds!! If we are getting Pixar worlds, one of them will most likely be Toy Story, since Square Enix wanted to have a Toy Story world in KH1 and tried to make Toy Story summons for another KH game!

They showed a new type of Nobody, which someone drew a picture of! It carries a scythe, like Marluxia. This is really, really important to me because I was so scared that there wouldn't be any Nobodies in KH3!! All they were showing was Heartless! I was afraid KH3 was going to act like Nobodies aren't even a thing! I would've been really disappointed about that because I love the Nobodies a lot, and I feel like we didn't get to encounter them enough in KH2.

We're going to Daybreak Town, the main hub world from Kingdom Hearts X!!! YAYYYY! :D I haven't even played KHX yet, but I'm excited about that because I've seen screenshots of Daybreak Town from KHX, and it's a really pretty town!!

And, more hinting that A Fragmentary Passage, in 2.8, really will be a brand new story.

I'm toootally getting 2.8. Well... I'm getting 1.5 and 2.5 too, but... y'know. I mean, why not? I'll have the whole collection, and it'll all be on console. :3

Howitzer

Picked up 60 comics for under $10 at the comics store, but the fun doesn't stop there. They got another sale lined up. 50% off everything at the end of the month.       Goodbye money, I knew thee well.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Nov 05, 18:37:46
Picked up 60 comics for under $10 at the comics store, but the fun doesn't stop there. They got another sale lined up. 50% off everything at the end of the month.       Goodbye money, I knew thee well.

(Truth)

I have actually been doing.. Okay? Today, no large fights with my mom, it's just been, okay.. I also have the first tiny part of the song I have to write done with..
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quite a while back, I made a RWBY Volume 3 Bingo board for people in the RWBY fandom to use. I even made the FREE spot where the letters are colored red, off-white, black, and yellow.

I just saw one that someone filled out, and it made me feel so happy that someone used it! ^-^

Lync Volan

so i finally decided to watch Star Wars Rebels, given the new Star wars movie is coming soon i thought i may as well finish all the Star Wars stuff on my list, turns out i might like more of the characters then just Sabine but there is no way Sabine isn't my favorite in that series, well unless Asoka's still amazing that is X3
i just hope the series enlightens us on some things like Darth Maul or the Zillo Beast or Asoka's early times when she left the Council

Chishio Kunrin

My mom surprised us with breakfast burritos from Sonic, and she ordered them just the way my dad and I would want it! :D Including substituting the sausage for steak!! Also, no tomatoes! And for me, no jalapeno! And Sonic actually got the orders right!!

Such awesome breakfast!! :3

Lync Volan

Those who said Disney was ruining Star Wars with "Star Wars Rebels" completely over exaggerated in my opinion, i can still Enjoy it very much! and i love being able to see more about Vader then just what happened with him and Luke (even though i'm not a huge Vader fan)
though the show leaves out a bunch of things i wanna know i'm sure it will enlighten us soon enough (now i wait for new episodes!)

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Nov 07, 10:31:43 #6755 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 07, 11:00:44 by Chishio Kunrin
Rooster Teeth is only an hour and a half into their Extra Life charity livestream, and they've already gotten $85,000 donated!

Post Merge

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Nov 07, 10:31:43
Rooster Teeth is only an hour and a half into their Extra Life charity livestream, and they've already gotten $85,000 donated!

2 hours in $100,000!!

Midnight Breeze

My favorite character in Warcraft finally got a proper epic spotlight in the Legion Cinematic.

Finally. He's been sidelined for years. About time he gets portrayed heroically. Go Varian!

Chishio Kunrin

During Rooster Teeth's Extra Life livestream yesterday, they showed a really awesome sneak peek for RWBY volume 3 episode 3, and someone recorded it and put it on Youtube. ovO

Chromastone64

2015 Nov 08, 07:47:40 #6758 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 08, 08:03:35 by Chromastone64
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Nov 08, 01:15:24
My favorite character in Warcraft finally got a proper epic spotlight in the Legion Cinematic.

Finally. He's been sidelined for years. About time he gets portrayed heroically. Go Varian!

I saw that too, even though I don't play WoW anymore (I would, but my dad won't renew my subscription, so it'll be a while). My bro made me watch it, so while I was taking in what was happening, I kept making jokes about it.
Although personally (and this is from bad first impressions, not knowing much of the lore, and the MoP end cutscene), I REALLY don't like Varian. He just seems like a jerk who never really did anything. Again, I don't know what he actually HAS done, so hopefully my attitude will change.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

I got my semi-annual haircut and went from a shoulder-length mop top to a butch cut in one day. When I got home my neighbor called me to say she saw some strange dude going into my apartment. Hahaha, hilarious.

Go Up