Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Well yeah it sounds strange because private by definition means owned and run by non-government citizens. "Private but government run" makes no sense at all. Public schools for the gifted are called magnet schools.

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Nov 12, 01:35:36 #5241 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 12, 08:14:30 by Chishio Kunrin
Just 3 hours ago, I made a post on Tumblr about how much work it takes for the crew at Rooster Teeth to make the next volume of RWBY and that we should appreciate that.
It already hit 200 notes, and it's still going. :3 It's getting liked and reblogged like crazy. Though, I think it's partially due to being reblogged by the right person, or possibly rather, people.

But yeah, it's awesome that so many people agree that we should recognize and appreciate how much work the RWBY crew does. ^-^

Hopefully, it gets people thinking about how, since the show is 3D animated, every single thing we see had to be built and textured.
Every character.
Every weapon.
Every object.
Every room, piece of furniture, building, the locations we've seen on the campus of Beacon Academy.
Any time they're outside walking around the city, everything around them had to be built and textured - the street, sidewalk, buildings (especially unique buildings), trees, potted plants, various landmarks, cars, etc. Also, it all had to be placed in a way that looks good and actually looks like a city.

Now that I've thought of it, hopefully that realization will come back to me every once in a while when I'm watching the show, and I'll think to myself, "They had to build all of that."

Post Merge

I'm about to go to bed, so I decided to check on my Tumblr post that I mentioned several hours ago in this thread to see if anyone else who has recently reblogged it had anything to add or say about it (it has over 400 notes now after 10 hours, btw), and... and... and...
Monty. Oum. liked. and. reblogged it.
Monty.
The.
Monty.
If I wasn't so tired, I'd be fangirling harder! This is so unexpected! I knew he surfs Tumblr, but I didn't think he'd see it, to be honest!

AHHHHH! :3

I just kinda typed it up and posted it when I was thinking about how so many people don't realize how much work goes into it, just to kinda get it out of my head and written down. And now this!

Though, when he read it, he was probably just like "Hey, this fan gets it. Cool. *Like, reblog*" ^-^

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

A whole thread on the WoW forum about players from Louisiana. There were even 3 other people from Natchitoches.

I feel slightly less isolated now.

ComputerDeathglare

Watched Rainbow Rocks. Despite the fact I hated the first Equestria Girls, this one was okay! :D
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2014 Nov 13, 15:44:22
Watched Rainbow Rocks. Despite the fact I hated the first Equestria Girls, this one was okay! :D

I know, right?! :D I just wish it was a little longer. The Dazzlings and Twilight had just shown up, and the battle of the bands started the very next day?? *Sigh* But yeah, it was cooler than the first movie.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 13, 16:21:39
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2014 Nov 13, 15:44:22

I know, right?! :D I just wish it was a little longer. The Dazzlings and Twilight had just shown up, and the battle of the bands started the very next day?? *Sigh* But yeah, it was cooler than the first movie.

I love Vinyl's car! I want one!
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Peace Keeper

I am sore from my legs!
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chromastone64

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2014 Nov 13, 18:22:20
I love Vinyl's car! I want one!

You're not the only one. I'd blast the Dazzlings with video game music if I had that car.

As for my smile (technically it was yesterday), not only did I meet MORE BRONIES at collage, but they were also playing Five Nights At Freddy's 2.
So I manned up and gave it a go, while wearing my Rainbow Dash tee. This seems to have got me the nickname of "Mr. 20% Cooler".
:D
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

ComputerDeathglare

I almost never comment on my boyfriend's Facebook since I'm super shy about the kinda stuff, but I giggled at his friends remarking on my... colorful language.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Monty Oum found a way to smooth out the jagged edges on the RWBY characters! Volume 3 is gonna look so smooth!

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 14, 15:10:47
Monty Oum found a way to smooth out the jagged edges on the RWBY characters! Volume 3 is gonna look so smooth!

Them shots.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

LostSanity

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Ramisha

I just had the best day ever. I went on a trip to a videogame fair, it was so awesome :3 I saw AC: Unity and I can guarantee it's a lot harder than the previous games (but that is good since in the previous ones you could beat 10 people without losing any health) and omg I saw a curved screen TV and omg there was a cosplayer dressed as Ezio and he was walking around and pushing people away :3 OH AND I BOUGHT AN ASSASSIN SHIRT. There was also a Tony Stark and Pyramid Head cosplayer! And a... oh darn it I'll post some pictures instead of a text wall.

Spoiler: show

CURVED TV.
lego city
ezio :3
ac unity!
pyramidhead O:
And when we were going home there were some people playing crash team racing on the train and one of them was wearing a slipknot shirt and system of a down jacket.

10/10 would go again.

Chromastone64

OMG ONE OF THE YOUTUBERS I WATCH ANSWERED A QUESTION OF MINE IN A VIDEO!!!! *-* *-* *-*
How I feel:

He talks about a pretty mature game later on, though, so I don't know if I can link the vid here, but I'll put the link:

Skip to 7:19 for my question.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Greyscaleisme

Daft Punk, no more needs to be said.  :3  :3
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Midnight Breeze

2014 Nov 16, 01:40:19 #5255 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 16, 01:53:07 by Midnight Breeze
Oh my GOD, guys. I almost lost my healthcare subsidy because of a minor error on my application. I'd have had to pay full price for health insurance. Having to pay $240 a month just for health coverage would bankrupt me. Thankfully during the throes of my panic attack I noticed the error and called the government to get it fixed. Now I'm eligible for a $210 monthly premium subsidy. What's more I'm eligible for cost-sharing on deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses, so I'm guaranteed not to have to pay more than $500 out of pocket for healthcare in 2015.

Deep breaths...deep breaths....

Julius

A lot of beautiful people are sharing my GoFundMe, and a couple others will be donating pretty soon~ <3

Also, might ice skate today before I head to MyLingeriePlay's last NY installation! ^-^
Purr~

ComputerDeathglare

2014 Nov 16, 17:02:47 #5257 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 16, 19:05:40 by ComputerDeathglare
Finding people who hate this island as much as I do. Bonus: They're going to run a horse farm in Oregon, and want me to come help out!  :D

Edit: Also, this is one of the two cats of their's I'm taking home since they're allergic but won't give them to a shelter.

I hope my three kitties at home like them.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Greyscaleisme

The art that I made recently! :3

Spoiler: show
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

PrincessButton

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Nov 09, 17:57:06
I started re-watching the anime Elfen Lied this weekend in preparation to finish the story by reading the manga.

I'd post the opening... but... I really can't.

Let's just say... it would be against the forum rules.  :I

It's just as screwed up as I remember it being. In a good way. I guess?  ovO
I know I'm responding to this quite late, but this is my favorite anime/manga! <3 You made me smile by mentioning it.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Go Up