Roleplaying reviews!

Started by Sponk, 2012 Jul 27, 06:22:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sponk

2012 Jul 27, 06:22:34 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 27, 06:29:10 by Sponk
Yup! Roleplaying reviews.

I'll review and rate your roleplay skill, it may sound like an odd idea but I think some people need a review of there roleplaying skill. Grammar and a great OC is what you need to be a great roleplayer.
Long post are good too, It'd be describable for the person you are roleplaying with.

All you need to do is give me an example of how you roleplay, I can also review grammar too. ^-^
Blah blah blah.

Night Pony

Spoiler: Example • show
Moon Violet spend her entire day in her garden where she watered the many unique plants.When the sun started to go down she went to the local library where she rented a couple of books.After that she headed back towards the garden.Night has fallen upon Equestria.The moon was shining bright in the night sky.She stopped for a moment and glared at it.Unknown to her a pony with dark purple coat, and beautiful blue and pink mane and tail was trotting towards her.She had a cutie mark was a star with wings and what looked to be shine coming from the star.It was her sister.After finishing watching the moon Moon Violet looked at her sister and then took the books out of her bag.
"There you go.I got the books you wanted." Moon said with a smile.
"Thanks Moon.Now I can see if there are any magic skills in them."
"Anytime!I wish you luck with the search."
"Thanks.See you later." said Night and flew off towards a cloud.
Moon watched as Night flew off and then continued trotting towards her garden.

Something i just made up.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sponk

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jul 27, 08:34:44
Spoiler: Example • show
Moon Violet spend her entire day in her garden where she watered the many unique plants.When the sun started to go down she went to the local library where she rented a couple of books.After that she headed back towards the garden.Night has fallen upon Equestria.The moon was shining bright in the night sky.She stopped for a moment and glared at it.Unknown to her a pony with dark purple coat, and beautiful blue and pink mane and tail was trotting towards her.She had a cutie mark was a star with wings and what looked to be shine coming from the star.It was her sister.After finishing watching the moon Moon Violet looked at her sister and then took the books out of her bag.
"There you go.I got the books you wanted." Moon said with a smile.
"Thanks Moon.Now I can see if there are any magic skills in them."
"Anytime!I wish you luck with the search."
"Thanks.See you later." said Night and flew off towards a cloud.
Moon watched as Night flew off and then continued trotting towards her garden.

Something i just made up.
Well. You have awesome grammar, and can also roleplay great!
Though you should put a space after a period. ^-^
I'd rate it. 9/10!
Blah blah blah.

Night Pony

Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Jul 27, 08:42:22
I'd rate it. 9/10!

Okie dokie lokie! :)
And thanks. :D

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sponk

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Jul 27, 08:47:11
Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Jul 27, 08:42:22
I'd rate it. 9/10!

Okie dokie lokie! :)
And thanks. :D
You're very welcome. :P
Blah blah blah.

Fudgemuffin

I'll give this a try. ovO

Spoiler: Fudgemuffin's Roleplay Example • show
Fudge walked slowly, dragging her long, navy dress with her. The hems of the dress made contact with the ground, collecting dirt in the material. Two satchel bags that were lossely fitted on, softly went back and forth as she hummed a tune. When Fudge reached her favorite place to be, she sat down on the bench, putting the bags beside her. Trees and flowers dotted the green landscape. Fudge opened one of her bags, taking out a book.

"Lily Blossom, my favorite!" Fudge whispered quietly with excitement.

Fudge wiped her glasses clean with a wipe, then opened the first page of the Lily Blossom. The story was based around a pegasus who hadn't got her cutie mark yet. However, she blossomed discovering her cutie mark.

"Oh, I didn't realize it was getting late."

The sun was setting. Beautiful colors of orange, pink and purple were washed in the sky. Fudge watched as this wonderful moment was passing by her. She sat quietly, emerged in her own thoughts for a moment. After when the sun set, when stars dotted the night sky, Fudge sighed.

"Well, I better be going..."

Fudge packed up and put on the satchel bags. She started to hum a tune, then returned home.

Sponk

Quote from: Fudgemuffin on 2012 Jul 27, 09:19:52

Fudge walked slowly, dragging her long, navy dress with her. The hems of the dress made contact with the ground, collecting dirt in the material. Two satchel bags that were lossely fitted on, softly went back and forth as she hummed a tune. When Fudge reached her favorite place to be, she sat down on the bench, putting the bags beside her. Trees and flowers dotted the green landscape. Fudge opened one of her bags, taking out a book.

Fudge wiped her glasses clean with a wipe, then opened the first page of the Lily Blossom. The story was based around a pegasus who hadn't got her cutie mark yet. However, she blossomed discovering her cutie mark.

The sun was setting. Beautiful colors of orange, pink and purple were washed in the sky. Fudge watched as this wonderful moment was passing by her. She sat quietly, emerged in her own thoughts for a moment. After when the sun set, when stars dotted the night sky, Fudge sighed.

Fudge packed up and put on the satchel bags. She started to hum a tune, then returned home.

Well. I honestly see nothing wrong. It's all good!
10/10. ^-^
Blah blah blah.

Fudgemuffin

Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Jul 27, 09:24:28
Quote from: Fudgemuffin on 2012 Jul 27, 09:19:52

Well. I honestly see nothing wrong. It's all good!
10/10. ^-^

Thanks. ovO

Gracie Sky

:I Are you sure this is where role playing exhibitions belong?

>:/ Oh well, guess I should give it a shot while I'm here. Remember that a role play is more than just good OCs and literacy; it also requires keen attention to the progression of the story and development of the characters. As a role player, you should understand what is currently going on as well as attempt to push the story from your perspective along while allowing others to easily continue where you leave off.

Spoiler: Gracie Sky's Adventurous Example • show
Gracie Sky was busy studying a line of ants, very careful not to disturb them as they tirelessly gnawed on a piece of dried peppermint candy. Her ears shot up as she heard faint sounds of galloping coming her direction. She saw out of the corner of her eye a few fillies being hurried along by an adult towards the building's front door. Gracie tilted her head slightly, until she deduced that there was most likely a visitor! She gleefully hopped on her feet and started skipping her way towards the front door as well.

As she suspected, she could see a lot of her peers gathered near the front door, vying for the attention of a few ponies she had never seen before. An adult saw her approaching and immediately shushed her, forbidding her from misbehaving. Gracie slowly walked up to the crowd, only able to see the backs of the fillies in front of her. She tried elevating herself by standing on her hind legs and flapping her wings, but she only realized that the other fillies were doing the same thing to see from behind the other ponies in the front.

Unsatisfied with her current view, Gracie Sky circled around the crowd, looking for some sort of solution to present itself. If she tried flying, the adults would get upset with her... so maybe she just need to find a spot where they wouldn't see her. Somewhere in her thought process, she missed the hat hanger she was about to walk into. Clonk! The hanger fell over and hit the floor with a large thud, leaving Gracie a off balance and a little dazed.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Sponk

2012 Jul 30, 20:48:42 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 30, 20:55:21 by Sponk
Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2012 Jul 30, 20:22:20
:I Are you sure this is where role playing exhibitions belong?

>:/ Oh well, guess I should give it a shot while I'm here. Remember that a role play is more than just good OCs and literacy; it also requires keen attention to the progression of the story and development of the characters. As a role player, you should understand what is currently going on as well as attempt to push the story from your perspective along while allowing others to easily continue where you leave off.

Spoiler: Gracie Sky's Adventurous Example • show
Gracie Sky was busy studying a line of ants, very careful not to disturb them as they tirelessly gnawed on a piece of dried peppermint candy. Her ears shot up as she heard faint sounds of galloping coming her direction. She saw out of the corner of her eye a few fillies being hurried along by an adult towards the building's front door. Gracie tilted her head slightly, until she deduced that there was most likely a visitor! She gleefully hopped on her feet and started skipping her way towards the front door as well.

As she suspected, she could see a lot of her peers gathered near the front door, vying for the attention of a few ponies she had never seen before. An adult saw her approaching and immediately shushed her, forbidding her from misbehaving. Gracie slowly walked up to the crowd, only able to see the backs of the fillies in front of her. She tried elevating herself by standing on her hind legs and flapping her wings, but she only realized that the other fillies were doing the same thing to see from behind the other ponies in the front.

Unsatisfied with her current view, Gracie Sky circled around the crowd, looking for some sort of solution to present itself. If she tried flying, the adults would get upset with her... so maybe she just need to find a spot where they wouldn't see her. Somewhere in her thought process, she missed the hat hanger she was about to walk into. Clonk! The hanger fell over and hit the floor with a large thud, leaving Gracie a off balance and a little dazed.

Great roleplaying, you described it very well. The story progresses and it's easy to follow, it adds the feeling to it for being described so well. It made me feel like I was reading a story, a good story. :]
Awesome grammar! I see no mistakes, and the sentences don't run on.

Overall Gracie, I'll give you a 10/10. You have awesome grammar and roleplaying skills.
Though may I ask, where should this thread go?
Blah blah blah.

Gracie Sky

Actually, I find that example to be a little bit long. Although it was designed to be an introductory post if I were to insert Gracie into an RP, so I guess it fine in that sense.

Also, there was no context to base the example on, so I had to provide one. I was hoping I spelled it out without making obvious that I was spelling it out. But the situation was unnamed ponies, who for the time being would probably be other characters in the RP visiting the building where Gracie was, an event I don't see being hard to create in an average RP.

The main emphasis was setting up the transfer so that there's something for somepony else to respond to. It's okay to create conflict so the other pony isn't stuck with saying one liners. It also helps thrust Gracie into the story of another character and somehow stand out, even though the building is flooded with a bunch of nameless ponies. Best of all, it's in her character to cause accidents, if you know anything about her. All that synergy tied together is what makes good RPs and good RPers.

:/ ... Did I just digress with a lecture?

:s Um... to answer your question, I don't object to putting this topic here, although it's not really my call. Actually, it was kind of a fun distraction for me. I'm sure there's no problem with it being here.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up