Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

2016 Feb 09, 23:10:05 #18000 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 09, 23:35:26 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Feb 02, 05:34:30
Grammar is an important element to our society, something that one must have a basic grasp of. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but it truly does anger me, especially when one doesn't even try to use the right terminology.
i'm not totally sure what "terminology" means (but i'll google it later)
i have to say after all the peeps i've talked to online (including Facebook 2 other social media websites and a bunch of MMO's plus this one) i know how annoying it can be when someone says stuff like "D Is DWEOSME" or whatever but i can usually overlook it, what i'm trying to say is i'm a firm believer of "if we understand you that's all that really matters" but no i don't mean try to do the worst to your grammar and its totally fine i just mean try your best and that's it, don't stress yourself trying to be over grammatical or whatever (it really is stressing to be told "Just learn it" your already this age or whatever and that means your supposed to be able to do it)

anyways! recently with the new comic book based movies coming out i keep reading complaints about peeps not reading the comic books and only knowing the character because of the movie, what i don't understand is how can anyone expect a kid not born back when the first comic books of Marvel/DC were being made to read them all?

there is like 1OOO marvel/DC comic books how does one even read one and continue? what do you read first then 2nd then 3rd? besides! its not like you can blame the kid for not being born into the early years of your favorite comic book characters, simply recommend some comic books with the character the dude is talking about instead of saying "Oh they ain't real fans" or whatever :s     

on a side note i don't understand why everyone seems to want movies/tv shows to stay true to the comic books, i understand wanting the characters personality from the book to be passed on to the one in the show/movie but i wouldn't want all the things that happen in the movie to already have been done back in the comics, if you already read it why would you wanna watch it? (unless its like a fight scene or something i guess)

Post Merge

it hasn't happen lately but just thinking about it annoys me!
i really am annoyed at peeps who are "in power" (may it be for whatever) and think they don't have to interact with us "regular people" nor explain there actions to us, just cause your in power doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want! it just means its your job to take care of the peeps you rule over not ignore them and do whatever you want to them and there group as a whole 

and i know how annoying it can be to be the leader or the only one controlling everyone so they all act civil and junk but if you can't handle it without getting an attitude (or getting tired of it eventually) maybe you should just step down? or ask for some help? not make EVERYTHING against the rules so no one can talk or do anything anymore and then get mad at the people for voicing there thoughts about how you changed things   

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Feb 09, 23:10:05
it hasn't happen lately but just thinking about it annoys me!
i really am annoyed at peeps who are "in power" (may it be for whatever) and think they don't have to interact with us "regular people" nor explain there actions to us, just cause your in power doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want! it just means its your job to take care of the peeps you rule over not ignore them and do whatever you want to them and there group as a whole 

and i know how annoying it can be to be the leader or the only one controlling everyone so they all act civil and junk but if you can't handle it without getting an attitude (or getting tired of it eventually) maybe you should just step down? or ask for some help? not make EVERYTHING against the rules so no one can talk or do anything anymore and then get mad at the people for voicing there thoughts about how you changed things   

Amen.
It also angers me when the group of people in power turn into a little click club getting all their friends in on it and such.
I used to be on one brony site (I left though) Where all the admins and moderators knew each other, One got mad at me for something stupid so all the others started treating me like dirt because their friend didn't like me.
They didn't know the story, they just knew their friends didn't like me and that was a good enough of a reason to treat me like dirt.

Eventually the only mods left were the click-club ones, so they started breaking the rules and getting people they didn't like for their personal reasons in trouble and stuff.

I know the moderators here are friends so they would disagree with me on this.
But I think moderators shouldn't take knowing each other past a co-worker relationship, it just starts problems.
Or have some rotation thing where you're only a moderator/administer for X amount of months then get released of duties.

Midnight Breeze

Kicked from mann up MvM for missing 4 dollars as scout.

Typically when the scout misses just one cash pickup the reason is that some idiot killed a robot in the most obscure corner imaginable and then didn't pick up the money.

This is why I need to play heavy in MvM. Scouts and medics are expected to perform flawlessly. Everyone else gets a whole lot more leeway.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 10, 05:36:55Scouts and medics are expected to perform flawlessly. Everyone else gets a whole lot more leeway.
That reminds me of another thing that annoys me.
When I play LotRO, everyone expects every class to do their job flawlessly, especially healers and tanks.
Then when you fail they act all "I'm better than you" because they did their job flawlessly in their eyes, or they DID do it flawlessly because their class consists of 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 over and over while mine takes brains and quick thinking.

Whenever I lead a raid or something I always do my best to be the guy who says "It's okay, I know how hard that class is to play!" and such...

It's like everyone but me just loves to bash others in those games. :c

Night Pony

Solution is simple. Play games where classes don't have roles.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Night Pony on 2016 Feb 10, 14:04:00
It's why I loved MH4U, I can do whatever I want with all my strength and people always tell me I did great.

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: RWBY Volume 3 Episode 11 spoilers • show
I need to stop looking at Neo and Roman fanart that people have drawn in light of the latest RWBY episode. It's all making me cry! :'(
Spoiler: show
*Curls up and starts rocking* He's okay. He's okay. He's okay. He's okay. Everything's gonna be okay. I totally did not just lose one of my favorite characters. Neo is not standing on a roof texting him, wondering why he won't respond. He's okay. Neo's gonna be okay.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

2016 Feb 10, 21:12:32 #18007 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 10, 21:28:57 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 10, 16:40:20
Spoiler: RWBY Volume 3 Episode 11 spoilers • show
I need to stop looking at Neo and Roman fanart that people have drawn in light of the latest RWBY episode. It's all making me cry! :'(
*Curls up and starts rocking* He's okay. He's okay. He's okay. He's okay. Everything's gonna be okay. I totally did not just lose one of my favorite characters. Neo is not standing on a roof texting him, wondering why he won't respond. He's okay. Neo's gonna be okay.

While I didn't particularly like Roman, I am sad at what happened involving him.  And...practically everyone else.  Not even the proof of cybernetics justifying my character idea all the more is making it feel alright...where is this story going from here?!

I think out of everything though, Adam's treatment of Blake is making me physically sick to my stomach.  Last episode I questioned why Blake seemed more terrified than enraged by Adam's appearance at school but now...yeah, totally get it now.  And I thought I couldn't feel worse for the girl...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Night Pony on 2016 Feb 10, 14:04:00

Like WoW - where Blizzard has homogenized classes to the point where pure-DPS classes are entirely redundant.

I stopped playing because I go so sick of my mage getting out damaged by tanks and healers, and I wasn't gonna reroll after I had 3 years invested in a character. Blizzard seems hellbent on making sure DPS-specced hybrids perform just as well as pure DPS classes, but oh no, we certainly can't give pure-DPS classes healing or tanking specs. That would be unacceptable.

I'm not sure how it is now but feral druids were completely ridiculous when I stopped playing in the middle of WoD. They would stack bleeds on a ton of targets and do insane DoT damage to huge groups of enemies while simultaneously HoTting themselves to the point where you literally could not even move their health bar. Even if you got 3-4 people on them they could switch to bear form and tank the damage while their bleeds slowly took everybody down.

Meanwhile mages have no healing abilities whatsoever and the worst damage mitigation in the game, but are on par with hybrids in the damage department for the sake of 'balance'.

I really don't know why Blizz can't wrap their heads around the fact that when hybrids can do everything pures can do and more then there's no reason to play a pure.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 10, 21:12:32
While I didn't particularly like Roman, I am sad at what happened involving him.  And...practically everyone else.  Not even the proof of cybernetics justifying my character idea all the more is making it feel alright...where is this story going from here?!

I think out of everything though, Adam's treatment of Blake is making me physically sick to my stomach.  Last episode I questioned why Blake seemed more terrified than enraged by Adam's appearance at school but now...yeah, totally get it now.  And I thought I couldn't feel worse for the girl...

Yeah, from the preview they showed for episode 11, I expected Adam to be sort of yandere. (Yandere is a Japanese term for when someone is in love with someone else and will become a dangerous and horrible person if the one they love is taken from them or if they think the one they love is going to be taken from them.) He turned out to not just be "sort of" yandere, but fully yandere, 10x more than I expected, and it surprised me. I actually started feeling kind of distressed watching the scenes with him and Blake.

I'm guessing that the finale might be kind of a cliffhanger, since there's no way they can wrap all of this up in 12-17 minutes without it being terribly rushed. I'd actually welcome a cliffhanger over the episode's pacing being rushed, to be honest.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 11, 04:52:07
Yeah, from the preview they showed for episode 11, I expected Adam to be sort of yandere. (Yandere is a Japanese term for when someone is in love with someone else and will become a dangerous and horrible person if the one they love is taken from them or if they think the one they love is going to be taken from them.) He turned out to not just be "sort of" yandere, but fully yandere, 10x more than I expected, and it surprised me. I actually started feeling kind of distressed watching the scenes with him and Blake.

I'm guessing that the finale might be kind of a cliffhanger, since there's no way they can wrap all of this up in 12-17 minutes without it being terribly rushed. I'd actually welcome a cliffhanger over the episode's pacing being rushed, to be honest.

I seriously hope it doesn't end too depressingly though, at least give a hopeful upswing to that cliffhanger if they do have to do this.  Race to the Edge really angered me by making it a total loss situation practically out of nowhere; I get that not everything is going to be alright all the time, but I'm the impatient type who really needs to know if the characters he loves are going to be alright...the wait for episode 12 is bad enough, but a seasonal gap when I don't know who's going to make it?  Nope, too much stress for me.

Lync Volan

I've been pushing too hard to play this certain MMO so i could play with 2 of my besties that me and my dad got my old computer all messed up ( in which i started worrying that i lost some of my files but lucky i didn't cause my dad is a smarty pants 0:) )

still! region locks wouldn't be a problem if i was back in the US but it'll still be a couple of months before i go back, i wish i could just use some sorta thingy that says i'm a US citizen and it would get me past that region block... anyways! i did eventually get past it (it would have been nice to be told it was a region block before taking a whole day checking for solutions) then i find out i need a new Graphic card (wouldn't you have guessed it? it was the same exact thingy that stopped me from playing marvel Heroes Online, i'm so lucky my dad understands these things because its WAY too complicated for me...)

on a side note we still haven't gotten the game to work but my dads gonna check the requirements on this computer and then i'll download the game again (keeping my fingers crossed!) 

Seriously though! when did it become so hard to get an MMO to run on a computer, i used to do these things without any problems years ago when i was like 8 ono

counting the days till i get the game to work... 3 or 4 days so far

Midnight Breeze

When my car is hovering riiiiight on the edge of a gear but won't shift up until I stomp the accelerator.

In before gearheads bash automatic transmission.

Pipkin

When i try to log onto the forum on my phone and that stupid tapatalk app prompt locks me out. I have to connect through the main page. Really annoying.

Oh. And I'm not gonna bash automatic transmission. I just prefer manual

Chromastone64

A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 11, 12:58:27
I seriously hope it doesn't end too depressingly though, at least give a hopeful upswing to that cliffhanger if they do have to do this.  Race to the Edge really angered me by making it a total loss situation practically out of nowhere; I get that not everything is going to be alright all the time, but I'm the impatient type who really needs to know if the characters he loves are going to be alright...the wait for episode 12 is bad enough, but a seasonal gap when I don't know who's going to make it?  Nope, too much stress for me.

Spoiler: RWBY • show

Just keep in mind hopelessness has been the prime mood, particularly if you put stock in the emotions of the intro music they've been using for this season.
Hopelessness has been the theme so far.

Personally I'm hoping for a 45 minute or an hour long season ender, just to give it some real oomph.
<br />

Gamepad

Pretty much just everything at the moment.

I used to be super active on here. Posts, RPs and ect. No I just don't feel like doing anything.

Anyone else who knows me knows I try to make stories, I pretty much just can't be bothered with that either, I have stories that are WIP, but no motivation to finish, continue or even start some of them.

Life is difficult too, College. Waste of time, nothing I like or want to do, however I am forced to stay thanks to certain people getting money for me going.

So yeah, Life is annoying, people are annoying, College is annoying. Pretty much everything.

Lync Volan

Out of all the things that have been invented not one voice translator yet... is anyone even planning to do this and will they make it without the use of cell phones :l?

Chibalt

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Feb 12, 20:01:19
Out of all the things that have been invented not one voice translator yet... is anyone even planning to do this and will they make it without the use of cell phones :l?

The problem with voice-based translators is not only the massive amount of languages that would need to be programmed for, you'd also need to do it for all the special dialects of said languages, and considering there's already a few hundred languages at the very least, well, you could basically multiply that number by 100 or so and you would get roughly the amount of work that would be needed for a voice translator that doesn't go "Uuuh, what did you say again?" whenever you speak even slightly unclearly or with a strange dialect.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2016 Feb 12, 12:30:59
Spoiler: RWBY • show

Just keep in mind hopelessness has been the prime mood, particularly if you put stock in the emotions of the intro music they've been using for this season.
Hopelessness has been the theme so far.

Personally I'm hoping for a 45 minute or an hour long season ender, just to give it some real oomph.

Oh I'm well aware that it's been a theme and it's a possibility.  I'll just be very upset if I have to wait several months to know if my favorite characters are still going to even be alive...

Go Up