Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Invultrois

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Aug 19, 07:35:23U jelly? No I'm pudding.

That comeback is just epic.  lol

I hate it when i have sudden cravings to buy something when i wake up from sleep. I bought a Lyra t-shirt today.But no regrets! Lyra's in it!  ovO

Randam Saiko

My family had a guest and their 4 year old son over for breakfast this morning. So I finished my meal early, so I just left and went back to my room. About 10 minutes later, I heard the shattering of a ceramic item. I left to see a favorite bear mug shattered into pieces by their 4 year old son. He. Freaking. Broke. My. Favorite. Bear Mug. That I used for 5 years.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Aug 19, 11:43:32
My family had a guest and their 4 year old son over for breakfast this morning. So I finished my meal early, so I just left and went back to my room. About 10 minutes later, I heard the shattering of a ceramic item. I left to see a favorite bear mug shattered into pieces by their 4 year old son. He. Freaking. Broke. My. Favorite. Bear Mug. That I used for 5 years.

How did he even get it? :o I don't let little kids touch the things that I value, for reasons like that.

Uuugh, this summer heat.
For some reason, if I sit in one spot for too long, wherever I'm sitting gets hot, which makes me really hot. It's making things difficult and annoying.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 19, 12:52:59

How did he even get it? :o I don't let little kids touch the things that I value, for reasons like that.

Uuugh, this summer heat.
For some reason, if I sit in one spot for too long, wherever I'm sitting gets hot, which makes me really hot. It's making things difficult and annoying.

He was probably using it to drink out of.

I also hate the summer heat. I become easily irritated when i'm hot. It's the heat plus the addition of sweating that does it for me.

My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Aug 19, 13:01:08
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 19, 12:52:59

Uuugh, this summer heat.

He was probably using it to drink out of.

I also hate the summer heat. I become easily irritated when i'm hot. It's the heat plus the addition of sweating that does it for me.

Who gives a 4-year-old a breakable glass to drink from? That's what plastic cups are for. :s

Randam Saiko

It was ceramic and I have no idea.

My OCs

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Aug 19, 13:38:20 #13866 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 19, 16:23:34 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Aug 19, 13:32:28
It was ceramic and I have no idea.

I meant "glass" as in "breakable cup," but eh y'know what I mean.

Post Merge

My cat Sandy is extremely skittish. He was born an extremely sensitive, incredibly fearful cat. Usually, I don't mind this. It's usually funny or kinda sad.

But right now, I'm annoyed about it. :l

He was in my lap, and when I went to move him, it scared him so badly that he leaped out of my lap and onto the coffee table. He landed directly on top of my open Coke can, which scared him again, so he leaped and kicked it as it was falling over and ran away. A ton of drops of Coke went everywhere, and he ended up spilling literally half a can of Coke! There were drops on my cell phone, my iPod Nano, the TV remote, the DVD player remote, a PS3 controller, and a letter! And the Coke ruined a box I was keeping my Slim Jims in so Junior (another cat) won't steal and eat them!

All because I touched him! >:(

And I have three holes in my leg from his claws. Great.

Post Merge

Oh, wow. I did not even notice that he also scratched my arm pretty bad.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Aug 19, 07:13:00
What annoys me??? >:/
When people say "I'm so jelly -.- " because they can't spell 'Jealous'!
There it is, get it memorized just like Axel does. lol

Actually, I always thought that was simply an Internet way of saying jealous.
You know, like the little Internet quirks a lot of people use.

I've always thought that was the reason, not because they didn't know how to spell it.
After all, I've got that explanation already memorized.
Spoiler: show

...Back in my day, Axel used to say "Commit it to memory!"...
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Man, the inside of my lower lip is cut up like nobody's business from my braces. I sure hope it doesn't scar.

MrEmu

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Aug 19, 20:09:54
He used to say that???
When? o.O

What annoys me?
Having some cake right out of reach (Metaphorically speaking.)

Little Star

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night.. Only slept in 15-30 minute periods.. On the night before the first day of school.. Woo.

Julius

So... I moved to New York a few days ago... And the person I moved with was extremely toxic. In just three days I experienced sadness and anxiety like never before in my life. I had to get out. DD:

Not to mention I dropped my iPhone in paint shortly after getting here, so I lost 96% of any kind of contact I may have had with anyone. My family, my friends, my loved ones... All gone while I struggle to send a message or two each day... :s
Purr~

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Aug 20, 07:07:10
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Aug 19, 20:09:54
He used to say that???
When? o.O

In the original Chain of Memories on GBA, the game that introduced him.

Speaking of toxicity...
I hate it when there's someone you feel you need to help, someone you honestly like, but they're just out of your reach...You end up kicking yourself for not being able to help, and eventually you drive yourself insane with the knowledge that if you'd only commit to it, things could change.

But of course you can't commit because committing means your life would be turned completely on its head, your family won't like it, some of your friends won't either, and in the end you start to wonder what it was you were fighting for to begin with!

...And it doesn't help that the person you feel needs you is constantly taking your attention in such nice and adorable ways...And you can't leave the person alone to gather your thoughts, for the fear that they'd take it as a message of rejection, when that's not what it means at all...

*Deepest Sigh of my Life*
<br />

Chishio Kunrin

When a toy company thinks that it had a brilliant idea, but their idea is actually really creepy.
Just look at this Ursula figure! >A<

dr.induction

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 20, 17:28:53
When a toy company thinks that it had a brilliant idea, but their idea is actually really creepy.
Just look at this Ursula figure! >A<

thats just weird

Tekner

Being on the other side of the computer screen with someone you know is hurting and all you want to do is be there to comfort them.

Chishio Kunrin

Two things about the ice bucket challenge:
1. If you make a video, tell people what the ice bucket challenge is for and tell them what ALS is! That, and you're supposed to donate $10 to the research fund if you do the video. It's not "Do the video or donate $100," it's "Do the video and donate $10 or don't do the video and donate $100."
2. People need to stop dissing the ice bucket challenge and saying that it doesn't do anything!

Let me tell you something. It IS doing something! It's doing a lot! The research fund has received millions of dollars in donations this year strictly because of the ice bucket challenge! Last year's donations don't even compare!

To explain the ice bucket challenge...
1. If you accept the challenge, you donate $10 to the research fund and record a video of you dumping a bucket of ice water on yourself to post on the internet. In the video, you challenge other people (preferably at least 3) to do it. If you decline the challenge, you donate $100 to the research fund.

2. The reason you dump ice water on yourself is because the shock that it gives your body simulates what it feels like to have ALS. The entire purpose of this challenge is to raise awareness for ALS.

3. People are raising awareness of ALS because a very large portion of people have no idea ALS exists or what it does, or the fact that there's no cure for it. It doesn't get anywhere near as much attention as cancer or diabetes does. At least cancer and diabetes have treatments. ALS doesn't. If you get ALS, you don't have a fighting chance, unlike cancer.

As for what ALS is... Without going too deep into it for the forum rules to allow: It slowly paralyzes your body because your nerves slowly stop being able to tell your muscles to move. This affects more than just your arms and legs. It can also affect your involuntary muscles, which are the muscles that you don't consciously tell to move. They move on their own.

Chromastone64

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 21, 00:56:24
Two things about the ice bucket challenge:
1. If you make a video, tell people what the ice bucket challenge is for and tell them what ALS is! That, and you're supposed to donate $10 to the research fund if you do the video. It's not "Do the video or donate $100," it's "Do the video and donate $10 or don't do the video and donate $100."
2. People need to stop dissing the ice bucket challenge and saying that it doesn't do anything!

Let me tell you something. It IS doing something! It's doing a lot! The research fund has received millions of dollars in donations this year strictly because of the ice bucket challenge! Last year's donations don't even compare!

To explain the ice bucket challenge...
1. If you accept the challenge, you donate $10 to the research fund and record a video of you dumping a bucket of ice water on yourself to post on the internet. In the video, you challenge other people (preferably at least 3) to do it. If you decline the challenge, you donate $100 to the research fund.

2. The reason you dump ice water on yourself is because the shock that it gives your body simulates what it feels like to have ALS. The entire purpose of this challenge is to raise awareness for ALS.

3. People are raising awareness of ALS because a very large portion of people have no idea ALS exists or what it does, or the fact that there's no cure for it. It doesn't get anywhere near as much attention as cancer or diabetes does. At least cancer and diabetes have treatments. ALS doesn't. If you get ALS, you don't have a fighting chance, unlike cancer.

As for what ALS is... Without going too deep into it for the forum rules to allow: It slowly paralyzes your body because your nerves slowly stop being able to tell your muscles to move. This affects more than just your arms and legs. It can also affect your involuntary muscles, which are the muscles that you don't consciously tell to move. They move on their own.

Thank you, I was wondering was that challenge was all about.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Why does there have to be a thunderstorm every goddang day right when I'm getting off work? It's sunny all day until 5 minutes before time for me to leave. I can't get anything done after work because the tornadic weather makes it too dangerous to be out and about. Not to mention it's barely possible to drive anywhere since the roads flood in anything more than a drizzle.

You know, you'd think that in such a stormy state our cities would learn to build roads that actually drain properly. Florida has the same problem, but at least they're capable of recognizing it and planning around it. Maybe Louisianian engineers can achieve such staggering technological heights if we raise another $850 million in international aid.

Oh wait, only 1-2% of that actually went to infrastructure. Carry on.

Little Star

Quote from: Tekner on 2014 Aug 21, 00:07:16
Being on the other side of the computer screen with someone you know is hurting and all you want to do is be there to comfort them.

Dat feel :c

Go Up