Ponies: Lost In Space [OOC]

Started by FakeSmile, 2015 Dec 09, 21:40:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nameless Whirlwind

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2015 Dec 13, 13:45:44
The last date on this diary and the digital clock found in the study room seem to confirm that the original crew of this ship was on board last time three days ago, then they disappeared. Strangely, this diary is the only text I found cancelled: notes and books about the Solar Arrow and his functions are intact.

I was worried for a moment where I got the three days idea from. Thankfully my memory is serving me well.

So I'm assuming that three days ago the original crew left via escape pod back home/random planet. It would led to the standard regulation that data that should be compromised by an unknown threat is to be removed. The ship's database would be purged first, followed by crew information individually, if they are able to (which is why some information that was found to be at an date before three days exist onboard the ship).

Obviously, without the necessary information to return home, we...can't go home. But, since we do have data after the purge, we know where and when the escape pods were launched. Why are these pods important? They could possibly have important data(reference point) on them, necessary to return home. The Solar Arrow might have to do a 180 and fly back to where the escape pods where, and explore the pods through the use of lesser ships housed in the ship's hangar.

We will have no contact with any other lifeforms, or we might, idk up to you. The RP is about Ponies, who are Lost In Space, without any knowledge on how to get home immediately.

idk just jotting down my thoughts

CRITICIZE EVERYTHING!

Signature.

Purple

hey there guys, quick question: was the final answer a yes or a no on including Keldeo in the RP? sry I keep bringing it up, I was just a bit confused about as to whether or not we'd be including him xD and Sparkle is sort of still standing there with the Master Ball and can't do anything until you guys decide xD

ScarletInk

Quote from: Purple on 2015 Dec 28, 11:54:59
hey there guys, quick question: was the final answer a yes or a no on including Keldeo in the RP? sry I keep bringing it up, I was just a bit confused about as to whether or not we'd be including him xD and Sparkle is sort of still standing there with the Master Ball and can't do anything until you guys decide xD

For me there's no problem  ^-^
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

FakeSmile

Will he know anythin' 'bout the
original crew? Like, how did he
get on the ship?
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Purple

2015 Dec 28, 12:43:24 #164 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 28, 12:45:50 by Purple
well, Keldeo would've been trapped in a Master Ball with the way we set it up, so he wouldn't have been in the Cryosleep... If it's relevant to the story he could know something, if not then no, he wouldn't know anything probably xD at the moment, I don't know if F1r3w0rks actually would be joining the RP, I just got permission to RP as Keldeo :P I can still ask F1r3w0rks if he'd like to actually join if that's what you guys would prefer xD

as for how Keldeo got on the ship(assuming i'm not misunderstanding your question) he would've probably boarded the same way all the others did.  He would've wanted to join Sparkle on the mission, knowing it would be dangerous. (of course he wouldn't remember any of this, its just my explanation lol)

FakeSmile

I would have him not remember anythin'
related to the ship. Leaves more of a
mystery for the crew to explore.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Purple

that's fine with me xD lol, I was originally going to leave Sparkle's coltfriend an unsolved mystery, and have her learn to just give up and move on, but the story ended up going in a different direction, so that's probably where this all started xD Keldeo wouldn't know anything the others didn't know, the only difference was maybe he woke up a day before they did, but got stuck in the master ball before he could explore or anything xD

FakeSmile

Yeah, I thought you were
goin' with that direction too.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Purple

2015 Dec 28, 15:50:09 #168 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 28, 16:01:45 by Purple
lol, im still confused xD so should I continue wherever Sparkle is then? or should I wait a bit longer? lol, I don't want to accidentally continue that part of the story in the wrong direction, so i'm still waiting for permission to post :P

ScarletInk

Quote from: Purple on 2015 Dec 28, 15:50:09
lol, im still confused xD so should I continue wherever Sparkle is then? or should I wait a bit longer? lol, I don't want to accidentally continue that part of the story in the wrong direction, so i'm still waiting for permission to post :P

Purple, as the creator of the RP amd after seeing nopony effectively saying no and your friend giving his okay, you have my thumbs up on bringing Keldeo on the RP.  ^-^

Purple

ScarletInk

Purple

hey guys, i was thinking: since there's going to be an Open Server coming up, should we all try to meet up on one of the days? We could meet at the Crystal Kingdom, or in Ponydale or something.  LoL, idk, just a thought :P

Maplewood

sure I haven't even played the game yet

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2015 Dec 28, 23:56:50
hey guys, i was thinking: since there's going to be an Open Server coming up, should we all try to meet up on one of the days? We could meet at the Crystal Kingdom, or in Ponydale or something.  LoL, idk, just a thought [emoji14]

I know a spot that houses a lot of memories for me, that I utilized during the days of my little group, the "Evershade Explorers". It was a decent little group, great people. We even had a small comic thing going on before it all went up in flames, due to dropping of communication and the like.

Anyway, the spot is a small diner type area in Cloudopolis, I would have to find it and show it to you guys though, I don't know where exactly it is.

ScarletInk

An Open Server coming up? Great, I can't wait to meet up with you, guys!  :D

Purple

2015 Dec 29, 11:14:58 #177 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 30, 10:39:17 by Purple
awesome :D the server is on January 16th to 17th ^-^ also, @Jcfraven that sounds like a good place to me :) we should probably have a few backup options as well, just in case the servers in one spot are full or something xD

Post Merge

guys, I just had a crazy idea: so, remember how awhile ago Sparkle found a message from Keldeo?(the one that was supposedly recorded over 100 years ago :P) ok, so, the message said that Sparkle went to go find whatever boarded the ship(since apparently 4 potentially hostile ships docked on the solar arrow).  We just found out from Nameless about 4 potential enemy ships that may have boarded the solar arrow.  What if we went all Doctor Who style, and this became a time paradox?

Like, maybe the Solar Arrow is stuck in a weird spot in spacetime that has a black hole or something like it, and its causing spacetime to be warped in such a way that time is repeating itself? and the communication devices are the only things recording how much time has really passed?

So basically, the order of events would look something like this(only highlighting key events) :

The crew wakes up

They all find eachother

Sparkle finds the message from Keldeo(about her going to find the aliens)

The core overloads

the core is fixed

Nameless tells everyone about his plan(and the 4 potentially hostile ships aboard the Solar Arrow)

Sparkle wants to go find these ships, and whomever was aboard them

Some amount of time passes, and thats when Keldeo goes to leave the message for Sparkle.

Something else happens, and the loop repeats(?)

It'd be kinda like that one episode from the latest season of Doctor Who:

Spoiler: HEAVY DOCTOR WHO SPOILERS AHEAD.  PROCEED WITH CAUTION • show
After witnessing the death of his companion Clara Oswald in "Face the Raven", the Doctor is teleported into a glass chamber located in a structure resembling a large castle operated by clockwork gears. Still emotionally shaken by Clara's death, he angrily speaks aloud to the entity that put him there, assuming that they are listening. The Doctor knows the distance that the teleporter is capable of sending him and he plans to wait until the stars come out and work out his location. Upon investigating the surrounding corridors, he finds a series of video screens scattered around the castle. The screens relay the vision of the Veil, a cloaked creature which is slowly and constantly stalking the Doctor around the building. The Veil chases the Doctor to a dead end. Admitting that he sees no way to escape death, the Doctor confesses that he is afraid to die, leading the creature to stop. The entire castle structure rotates and reconfigures in response, opening an exit at the end of the corridor that the Doctor was trapped in, beyond which is a bedroom with an ancient, faded portrait of Clara. The Veil follows the Doctor into the room, forcing him to leap out the window to escape. During his leap, the Doctor has an inner monologue, determining how he will survive the fall by imagining himself aboard the TARDIS answering questions written on a chalkboard from an otherwise-silent Clara. The Doctor lands in an ocean surrounding the castle, finding that the seabed is littered with thousands of skulls.

The Doctor returns to the castle, finding a room with a fireplace where exact copies of his clothes are drying. He swaps his wet clothes for the dried copies, leaving his old clothes drying in the same fashion as the copies he found. The Doctor quickly concludes the castle, elements within it, and the Veil are nightmares pulled from his memories specifically designed to frighten him for some purpose. Entering a courtyard of the castle, the Doctor finds a fresh grave and a spade, concluding that he is meant to dig the grave up. While digging, the castle's local sun sets and the Doctor notices that the constellations do not match any location within the range of the teleporter that brought him to the castle. After digging deep enough, the Doctor finds a stone with the message "I am in 12". The Veil then suddenly reappears and corners the Doctor once again within the grave. The Doctor experiences another inner monologue within the TARDIS, where he remembers his earlier escape where the Veil stopped after he told the truth and realises that the creature is designed to extract confessions from him. The Doctor admits that he originally left Gallifrey because he was afraid rather than bored. The Veil once again stops, allowing the Doctor to escape.

The Doctor searches the castle for Room 12, following the clue from the grave, however he cannot find any door labelled as such. During his search, the Doctor finds that the rooms of the castle are constantly resetting themselves, as rooms that he revisits have any changes he has made reverted by the time he returns. Returning to the teleporter room where he first arrived, he finds a skull next to the word "bird" written into some sand. Inspecting the stars again, the Doctor muses that 7,000 years must have passed since he was teleported, even though the teleporter did not transport him through time. The Doctor places the skull from the teleporter chamber on the castle ramparts, where it falls into the sea and joins the others on the seabed. Upon finally tracking down Room 12, the Doctor finds that the door leads to another dead end and realises that he will need to confess to the Veil again to change the castle's configuration and open the way beyond.

The Doctor confronts the Veil again, confessing that he knows the identity of the Hybrid, a being prophesied by the Time Lords to be created from the mixing of two warrior races, and where to find it. This opens the route through Door 12, revealing a large wall made of Azbantium, a crystalline substance 400 times tougher than diamond. The Doctor realises that the message "bird" found in the teleporter room was a reference to "The Shepherd Boy" by the Brothers Grimm, featuring a bird which slowly weathers away a mountain with its beak. With the Veil approaching, the Doctor again has an inner monologue in the TARDIS, where he admits that Clara's death and piecing together the scale and nature of the trap have damaged his will to continue. This time, Clara addresses him, telling him to get over her death and to keep going. The Doctor begins to punch the Azbantium wall, until the Veil touches his skin and burns him, disabling his regeneration process. The Doctor claws his way back to the teleporter chamber. As each chamber resets after the Doctor leaves, the teleporter chamber has been reset to its state before he initially arrived and thus carries a copy of him as he was at the conclusion of "Face the Raven". The Doctor recognises that he has been in a recurring cycle for over 7,000 years, beginning with him emerging from the teleporter and ending with him sacrificing himself to provide the power needed to activate the teleporter and create a new copy of his younger self to restart the cycle. The old copy of the Doctor writes "bird" on the floor before disintegrating, leaving only his skull behind.

The cycle continues for over four billion years, with the Doctor wearing away part of the Azbantium wall each time before the Veil touches him. Eventually, he breaks through the wall and sunlight pours in, causing the Veil to disintegrate before it can touch the Doctor. The Doctor steps out from a portal into a desert landscape overlooking the Citadel on Gallifrey. The hole behind him closes, revealing that the castle was located within his Confession Dial. A small child then approaches the Doctor, who tells the boy to go to the city and let the Time Lords know that he has arrived, having "taken the long way around." The Doctor, assuming that whoever placed him into the trap can still hear him, then proclaims "The Hybrid, destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins, is Me."[1]

So basically, time keeps repeating itself, and eventually the crew members figure this out, and they have to find a way to stop it.  The RP that is currently going on would be the time when they figure out what's happening, and work together to stop the loop. 

What do you guys think?

Jcfraven

I need to stop getting so lost in the roleplay xD.

So I'm debating when Raven's feelings should be revealed, not sure when that would work for. I'll probably hold off until a night sequence or something, no idea.

ScarletInk

Oh, guys, regarding our "Open Server Meeting", I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm six hours ahead the forum timezone: do you think it could be a problem?

Go Up