Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 May 09, 16:20:48
Is it me or S5 so far revolves around CMs?

Have you seen the season 5 commercial Discovery Family has been showing, where crew members talk about how season 5 is about cutie marks and discovering yourself? :]

Also, what Kuddly said. This year's toy line is Cutie Mark Magic. Even the McDonald's toys are Cutie Mark Magic.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 09, 19:29:05
Have you seen the season 5 commercial Discovery Family has been showing, where crew members talk about how season 5 is about cutie marks and discovering yourself? :]

I don't have that.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 May 10, 03:03:44
I don't have that.

Here's one. Spoiler-free. :3 The only clips this video shows are of the premiere and one of Bloom and Gloom.
"I think one of the big themes for this season is using the talents that you've been given to make the world a better place."

Maybe all the stuff they'll learn throughout the season will be stuff they will use to prove Starlight Glimmer wrong.

Also, wow... I completely forgot about the ominous note that video ends on. :I It makes me wonder even more, now that the premiere has come out.
Spoiler: What was said at the end of the video, in case anyone feels like it's a little teeny bit spoiler-ish • show
*The music in the video suddenly turns ominous*
"If you have really good magic skills, you can use the map to do other things."

LostSanity

What I'm about to say might be a little spoilery, so, I'll treat it as such.

Spoiler: show
I just got done reading Equestria Daily's "history" on The Smooze that they posted.

I'm not really sure what to say...

Only that...

I am now even more afraid for my life when it comes to the next episode...

:I

Make sure you guys use spoilers for sure for the next episode please. I tend to wait until Sunday to watch new episodes.

*listens to Persona music to make myself feel better again*

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Jinxie Umbra

This weekend's episode is gonna be so good! O:

jaaasgoed

They made :D shake the camera. They actually made her shake the bloody camera.

Chishio Kunrin

It's a good thing Discord is reformed. Now Celestia has someone to call on every time she wants to make a boring royal event fun! :P

This was a really fun and interesting episode. And of course, being a Discord episode, there are going to be plenty of references to things. ovO Like the Metal Gear Solid reference when Discord was in the box, and the reference to Genie from Aladdin with his "Tough crowd" moment. He even did the face.

It's nice that Fluttershy has a friend she can talk to about creatures. They've probably discussed the breezies and talked about the time Fluttershy stared down a cockatrice and the time Fluttershy yelled at a dragon and stuff like that.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 17, 12:27:43
It's a good thing Discord is reformed. Now Celestia has someone to call on every time she wants to make a boring royal event fun! :P

This was a really fun and interesting episode. And of course, being a Discord episode, there are going to be plenty of references to things. ovO Like the Metal Gear Solid reference when Discord was in the box, and the reference to Genie from Aladdin with his "Tough crowd" moment. He even did the face.

It's nice that Fluttershy has a friend she can talk to about creatures. They've probably discussed the breezies and talked about the time Fluttershy stared down a cockatrice and the time Fluttershy yelled at a dragon and stuff like that.

METAL GEAR SOLID REFERENCE!? I don't care how long it is, I need to get around to watching this episode now! I am completely obsessed with the Metal Gear series, and that's awesome that the show creators themselves actually reference it!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Night Pony

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 17, 14:11:19
METAL GEAR SOLID REFERENCE!? I don't care how long it is, I need to get around to watching this episode now! I am completely obsessed with the Metal Gear series, and that's awesome that the show creators themselves actually reference it!

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sunshine Smash

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chishio Kunrin

Huh, apparently, Discord was referencing a comedian with that "Tough crowd" part, and Genie was too, rather than Discord referencing Genie. Someone made a picture that points out the references in the episode.

Stardust Dragon

While I normally hate this kind of plot, someone being jealous of a friend spending time with someone else, when it comes to Discord I can actually believe and understand the reason behind the jealousy.  Like he said, he's new to all this friendship business and doesn't know better.  It doesn't excuse his actions, but at least I see where his actions were coming from, and apparently that made all the difference for me.

On top of that, I was looking forward to the general chaos that must come with a Discord episode, and I was certainly not disappointed.  I was surprised to learn that the symbol of chaos that was on Discord's cane is much more general than the insignia of "Chaos Undivided" from 40K I knew it as...and the research I did to find that out also explained why Space Marines sometimes have the singular arrow on one pauldron.  Learning!  :D

LostSanity

Here are my Episode 7 thoughts. Read at your own risk:

Wow.

I'm... not really sure what I can say here. As I have stated many times already, I am not a fan of Discord and I really can't see him as "redeemed."

I liked seeing Maud though. That made this episode refreshing for me I guess. I really don't know what to think about The Smooze. It really wasn't clear one way or the other if he's good or not. He only seemed to be focused on eating. However, I did kind of feel bad for him when Discord constantly abandoned him because of his jealousy of Fluttershy having another friend. It might have been better if I hadn't read that "History" of him on Equestria Daily, because after I read that, I was under the assumption that he would have a speaking role and I was disappointed when I heard no lines uttered from him.

I mean, maybe he's not all that bad? The only reason he got slightly out of control was because Discord wasn't keeping an eye on him, abandoned him, and was too focused on his jealousy and overreaction in general.

Discord really acted like a jerk in this one, it was good to see Fluttershy confront him on it.

I don't know. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy this episode. I'm really not. It was definitely... interesting. But that's really all I can say about it.

I just don't think this episode "clicked" with me. Was it because I'm not a fan of Discord? Possibly. I wish I knew myself.

Sorry?

:I

*cowers in the corner in fear of angry mobs*

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Jinxie Umbra

2015 May 22, 20:38:23 #113 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 13, 20:04:46 by LaptopBrony
Spoiler: Make New Friends But Keep Discord • show
That episode was great! Discord is always hilarious. Was interesting to see his home dimension. Poor mailpony, haha!

Smooze was awesome, too. I like the way they made it less a villain and more just a misunderstood creature.

Tree Hugger is amazing. And apparently voiced by Nicole(Celestia). Hope to see more of her!

I may give Celestia a lot of flak, but I really do love her. Nearly fell off my chair when she laughed at Discord's joke about Twilight's flight skills.

Of course, this episode also left me permanently scarred. Senior Huevos is the single most terrifying entity ever featured in the show. Jayson Thiessen, what have you done?!

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. One of four this season written by Amy, who has since left the show for her new job at Disney. Gonna miss her, for sure! D:

Howitzer

Season's been going good so far. Bring on the rest!
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Jinxie Umbra

Spoiler: The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone • show
Baby Gilda! *squeeeeeeee*

This episode was so awesome! I love the griffons' design so much. And it's so great to see Gilda again. She's still Best Griffon!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: KuddlyKalli on 2015 May 23, 23:21:40
Spoiler: The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone • show
Baby Gilda! *squeeeeeeee*

This episode was so awesome! I love the griffons' design so much. And it's so great to see Gilda again. She's still Best Griffon!

That baby Gilda response was me in a nutshell.  I also just loved seeing the griffon kingdom, or any land outside Equestria for that matter.  I just picked up the Journal of the Two Sisters and read through Luna's escapade into Zebra lands, and I've been interested in seeing what lies beyond pony borders ever since.  Plus I was intrigued to see more of the map in action, how it can call any of the Mane 6 when it feels the need.  I want more info about this map, stat!

I had never really cared for Gilda before this episode, but I am glad they chose to redeem her after all.  Makes me wonder how many other previous villains we're going to see get turned around.

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: Griffinstone • show
This was a really interesting episode. It was cool seeing the griffin kingdom (and how the cat birds can live in trees) and seeing Gilda get redeemed. I actually didn't catch on to how Pinkie was gonna fix the kingdom until the end, to be honest. I thought she was gonna bring stuff to be happy about, since the griffins don't have a bakery, don't sing, and don't have parties. I figured they're mean because they're grumpy. I guess making friends through delicious baked goods does both.

I also really enjoyed the comedy in this episode, especially the baking powder joke. The first one, I mean.
Pinkie: You're just missing one ingredient.
Gilda: Let me guess. *Mocking tone* Friendship.
Pinkie: o.O Uh, no... Baking powder.
lol Pinkie takes her job as baker seriously. She knows there's no such thing as using friendship or love as an ingredient! Such a concept seems silly to her!

Chromastone64

Personally, I feel Gilda reform a bit quickly, but that's about my only gripe with this episode. I honestly can't be the only one who thinks that the art in the griffon history bit was awesome. Oh, and My Little Pony just put a GIANT SKULL IN AN EPISODE.
I really liked this episode, it felt really intense with the abyss scenes. Oh, and Gummy is best baker ^-^
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

2015 May 24, 16:48:11 #119 Last Edit: 2015 May 24, 16:50:11 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 May 24, 08:33:46
Personally, I feel Gilda reform a bit quickly, but that's about my only gripe with this episode. I honestly can't be the only one who thinks that the art in the griffon history bit was awesome. Oh, and My Little Pony just put a GIANT SKULL IN AN EPISODE.
I really liked this episode, it felt really intense with the abyss scenes. Oh, and Gummy is best baker ^-^

I don't think Gilda reformed too quickly. They showed why she was the way she was. Griffinstone's culture is focused on greed, everyone's a miserable grump, no one cares about friendship, and no one does anything for anyone just because it's the right/nice thing to do. A griffin left Dash to die in the abyss just because she didn't have any bits left. Money is the only thing that drives a griffin to do anything, not to help someone in need. Gilda had a taste of friendship when she met Rainbow Dash. It's just that she never really dropped the rude grumpy attitude that Griffinstone had put in her, and that cost her her only friend. So, when Pinkie helped Gilda make friends with a griffin, it reignited that awesome feeling that friendship brings, and it gave her a rush of great feelings. There's also the fact that Dash approached her. She never learned how to make a friend on her own. So, she was also filled with a feeling of "I did it! I actually did it!!"

And yeah, the art and animation of the griffin history was awesome! :3

Go Up