Odd things you just learned.

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 Aug 21, 21:42:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

The best way to tame a wild cat takes time. Feed it for a few days, and it'll start to trust you. Its trust will become more obvious when it'll eat even while you're present. Eventually, you'll be able to get close to it, but it takes a while longer to get to touch it.

It varies with cats, though. It's easier with cats that used to be pets but went wild, and it's also easier with kittens, unless the mom interferes.

We've been feeding a stray black cat, and ever since we started petting him, he just can't get enough. He adores receiving love and affection, and he really likes to love on female cats. He actually got into our house one day when we were bringing in groceries, and he fell over while rubbing his side against my cat Rose's side.

Also, my cat Callie, was a stray. When a neighbor got animal control to set up traps to clear out the massive amount of stray cats, Callie was the only one left because she never left our yard. She stayed even though we stopped putting food out. She was just a kitten, and we had accidentally gotten her to fall in love with us as a family.
Like I said before, it varies with cats. She stayed because she has a more open, loving, affectionate personality than most cats.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Aug 29, 03:12:20 #61 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 29, 03:14:16 by Trege
The mother is tame she's one of our outside cats but her kittens are wild because we weren't around them when they were smaller, and she didn't bring them out of wherever she had them until they were older. They even let us get close to them and watch them eat. But try to pet one and it claws you or runs away.

Chishio Kunrin

I'm sure it's only a matter of time, then. ^-^ When a stray we were feeding, Missy, was almost ready to have her kittens, I think winter was coming. We were afraid the kittens wouldn't make it if she had them outside, so we managed to bring her into the house and put her in a box we set up. Eventually, she had the litter under our supervision.

She and the kittens are on a farm now. :D The guy we gave her to had been looking for cats to hunt the mice in his barn. What better cat than one who has had experience hunting for herself?

Rissian

My mom was talking about giving them away at walmart or something, because if we don't we will end up with a cat army since we already have a few cats outside which is nice since we never have mice problems. ^-^ But the only problem with giving them away at walmart is hoping the person you give them away to will treat them correctly and trying to tame them so they don't freak out and claw people.

Lord of Madness

that WoW is really complicated now that they switched up the talent trees

Book Smarts

I can't play LoL at college  >:O

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 30, 07:44:48 #66 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 30, 11:21:01 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 30, 07:00:57

Why not? Slow college Internet? My silly step-cousin once tried to start a Minecraft server with his friend while living at college. It didn't go so well because of their college's terrible Internet. I can't even watch a 5-minute Youtube video at my college.

[Edit]: There's actually a Study of Evil. Some colleges offer a degree for it, but many do not. That's disappointing because I'd love to study it.

Zygrograxgra

One of my Guinea Pigs brushes her teeth.
Don't ask, it's weird.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 30, 07:44:48
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 30, 07:00:57

Why not? Slow college Internet? My silly step-cousin once tried to start a Minecraft server with his friend while living at college. It didn't go so well because of their college's terrible Internet. I can't even watch a 5-minute Youtube video at my college.

[Edit]: There's actually a Study of Evil. Some colleges offer a degree for it, but many do not. That's disappointing because I'd love to study it.

It involves ports and lack of communication to the LoL servers

Lord of Madness

cats clean themselves after we pet them because they hate the smell of humans

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 03, 01:11:14
cats clean themselves after we pet them because they hate the smell of humans

They also bathe themselves to help regulate body temperature.

LaptopCommandStation

How much funner MLP is to watch with captions turned on!

The opening of S1E1 was HILARIOUS! lol

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Book Smarts

Humans can make synthetic happiness

Little Judas

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 14:08:24
Humans can make synthetic happiness

Not to be rude but... Did you really just learned about anti-depressants or other drugs or even acid.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

me: Hmm, should I watch some videos on Yogscastlalna? Eh, I'll check out PewDiePie, but I dunno if I'll find him funny. *Looks up his username, watches Teens React To PewDiePie instead. Laughs at the videos they showed the teens*

Ok, fine, he's funny. Gonna go watch his videos now. ovO

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 07, 14:32:18
me: Hmm, should I watch some videos on Yogscastlalna? Eh, I'll check out PewDiePie, but I dunno if I'll find him funny. *Looks up his username, watches Teens React To PewDiePie instead. Laughs at the videos they showed the teens*

You should watch the one where he plays a custom Amnesia story that has internet memes modded in  X3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 14:44:18
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 07, 14:32:18

You should watch the one where he plays a custom Amnesia story that has internet memes modded in  X3

Alright, I shall. But um... I got distracted, and I've been watching Teens React and Elders React instead. dat ADD.

Lord of Madness

If you yell at a spider they react to them. Usually by mimicking your yelling with physical movement.

AAA13

That the tinyest jellyfish in the world is also the deadlyest :I and practicaly invisible in water ono
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Go Up