Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

My country's politicians focus on gathering more votes and being popular and that's what they spend all their money on and then they wonder "oh no why are we in a financial crisis". well guess what, actions tell more than words themselves!

PrincessButton

I can't tell if I did well in my job interview...  >A<
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Applestack on 2014 Apr 21, 09:34:56
Also, the fact that only in the brony fandom can you find folks who HATE OCs. I've been part of several fandoms over the years and I've never seen anybody bashing at OCs in general - until I met some bronies. You don't see folks from the anthro/furry, Pokemon and Sonic the Hedgehog fandoms doing that. It's shameful.

o.O Err. I heard that there are a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog fans out there who will bash your OC and call it a stupid recolor just for being remotely the same species as a canon character. Like, if you make a fox OC, it can have just one tail and be purple for all they care, they'll still bash it and call it a Tails recolor.

I don't know much about the fanon and OC sect of the RWBY fandom, since I've mainly been hanging out in the sect that specializes in canon, info released by the show's developers, and speculating about the show by using actual evidence in a logical manner. However, I do know that there's a RWBY Fanon wikia that's all about posting about your RWBY OCs, and they are subject to be evaluated by that wikia's staff.

Haven't heard anything about OC hate on there, though, but I can't help but sigh when I see one that's just plain bad. And I honestly do not care for any winged faunus OCs, fire-breathing dragon faunus OCs, or OCs who are allegedly related to canon characters. Basically, off the top of my head, my turn-offs for OCs are:
- Related to canon characters
- An impossible and/or non-canon species/race (There's no evidence in RWBY that there are any winged faunus, much less dragon faunus, and I quite honestly would not be surprised in the least if winged faunus never ever become canon in a million years. I can't explain why. The idea of a winged faunus in the show just feels weird to me, like it just won't exist. The only faunus we've seen have all had characteristics of mammals.)
- Actually and legitimately super OP. Like, in RWBY terms it would be something like "My OC's semblance is that he/she can mind control anyone, even creatures of grimm. He/she is so cool, he/she doesn't even need to equip anything to defeat a grimm, but he/she does anyway! A super awesome laser sword gun that can also make a spherical shield around him/her, and its lasers paralyze whatever they hit!" Really?

Anyway, the only hate I've heard of going on in the RWBY fandom...
is about...
shipping. :l
Yes, the RWBY fandom has those people who shun everyone else for not supporting their "totes legit OTP" ship that will never actually happen in the actual show, and maybe some people aren't into those kinds of ships!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Applestack

2014 Apr 22, 05:56:24 #12603 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 22, 06:07:43 by Applestack
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 21, 23:15:40
o.O Err. I heard that there are a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog fans out there who will bash your OC and call it a stupid recolor just for being remotely the same species as a canon character. Like, if you make a fox OC, it can have just one tail and be purple for all they care, they'll still bash it and call it a Tails recolor.

I've been a Sonic fan for more than 10 years and I've never seen such problem in the fandom.

Quote from: Act One on 2014 Apr 20, 19:56:11
Anthro-morphs/Furries of characters - Not animal, not human, just sexualized OC's in mid-transformation on purpose...

Pardon, but not all anthro and furry art are ADULT, MATURE and PERVERTED. Also, everybody has a right to draw their own fantasies. It's their fantasy and they can do whatever they want with them.
AND for your information, my LoE pony OC, Kankan Terrorbird, is actually based off my anthro/furry feathersona.
http://k4nk4n.deviantart.com/art/Kankan-20130713-nude-385063381
"Lights of hope that keep the world turning are carved in the heart, staring at the sky spreading yonder."

PrincessButton

is about...
Yes, the RWBY fandom has those people who shun everyone else for not supporting their "totes legit OTP" ship that will never actually happen in the actual show, and maybe some people aren't into those kinds of ships!

I feel the urge to comment on this because I think that it can really apply to anything.
I mean, it's one thing to hate people who insist that their opinion or something that they enjoy should be agreed upon/enjoyed by everything, because yes this can be very annoying and unnecessary... But I know the majority of shippers are not die-hard supporters of their 'ship' that hate on others or harass others if they do not agree with said ship.

I feel like hating shipping in general is not fair to those few who are not ridiculous about it. I don't think it is justified to generalize in a way saying you hate shipping, because most shipping is just people being like "I think these two make a good couple, and I ship it." That's almost just hating people for having their own opinions.

At least, that's how I see it when I see people say these things. I saw someone mention hating shipping/shippers earlier too and I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

Ramisha

2014 Apr 22, 15:20:09 #12605 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 22, 16:01:56 by Ramisha
I can't talk to people  D: but that's good sometimes because people are stupid

I've asked my friends if they know what "Metallica" is... they didn't know.. I'm disappointed with this generation...

Act One

Quote from: Act One on 2014 Apr 20, 19:56:11
Anthro-morphs/Furries of characters - Not animal, not human, just sexualized OC's in mid-transformation on purpose...

Pardon, but not all anthro and furry art are ADULT, MATURE and PERVERTED. Also, everybody has a right to draw their own fantasies. It's their fantasy and they can do whatever they want with them.
AND for your information, my LoE pony OC, Kankan Terrorbird, is actually based off my anthro/furry feathersona.
http://k4nk4n.deviantart.com/art/Kankan-20130713-nude-385063381

:/ I just don't know where to begin, but I'll start here:
I never said that all anthros or furry characters were bad at all, hence the me liking Aishia Klan Klan, amongst other characters. I didn't say all picture OF them were perverted etc. But I have seen them of places like DA and other sites, and I was just pointing out that those ones annoyed me.
Secondly, I can like nude art and if there is some meaning behind it (spiritual; symbolic; sensual etc.), I can appreciate it more. In retrospect to your character, I can think of it being like any cartoon character, as there aren't any purposely obvious areas of the anatomy/pose where you tried to enhance its sex appeal. It is what it is. There are others, however, that are purely made for that purpose - Are you literally attracted to, or do you really want to think like that about the MLP, Sonic or Moomin characters? I'd stick to my own species, or at least originally humanoid species.

Yes, people can have their own fantasies, and there are people who don't want to know about some of those. I don't want to tyrannize the art industry or people's wishes - I just think there's a place for things in certain areas, and art sites are for thoughtful artistic creations. Not smut that can be posted on their own independent site or community site. However, it actually hides in corners of sites like DA.
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Act One on 2014 Apr 22, 15:40:06
Yes, people can have their own fantasies, and there are people who don't want to know about some of those. I don't want to tyrannize the art industry or people's wishes - I just think there's a place for things in certain areas, and art sites are for thoughtful artistic creations. Not smut that can be posted on their own independent site or community site. However, it actually hides in corners of sites like DA.

Deviantart is for art. Mature art is art. Deviantart has never advertised itself as a strictly family friendly site, nor do they claim to be. Remember that many DA artists commission for money, and mature art tends to fetch higher prices than clean art, so don't judge. The artist is just following the money.

Like you said, DA censors their mature art by default and it can easily be blacklisted and avoided, so I don't see why you're complaining.  o.O

Act One

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Apr 22, 16:19:46
Quote from: Act One on 2014 Apr 22, 15:40:06

Deviantart is for art. Mature art is art. Deviantart has never advertised itself as a strictly family friendly site, nor do they claim to be. Remember that many DA artists commission for money, and mature art tends to fetch higher prices than clean art, so don't judge. The artist is just following the money.

Like you said, DA censors their mature art by default and it can easily be blacklisted and avoided, so I don't see why you're complaining.  o.O

I'm not trying to say all mature art should be removed and I agree that the filter will stop you seeing the what-I-consider are unwanted, pointless or just freaky. I just said at the start that I don't like a certain kind of image (targeted-character anthro smut), and it seems that covered anthros and furries in general for some reason, however. That's my preference, and it shouldn't be "the group" that decides that.
I took down the filter, knowing that to find the gems you like, you have to dig through the rest of the rubble. (Meaning if you want something you like and it's amongst things you don't like, you got to route through all of it and prepare for the worse.) Well, the topic in question is amongst my rubble that I don't care for much and wished I didn't see - hence why it's annoying, and why I posted here about it.

Now I'm going to just let you judge this however you lot want to and ignore attempts to try to persuade me otherwise - whether you got my message or not. I'm best keeping a lid on this issue now and get back to the topic at hand - Dumb things that annoy you.

Ahem!
One thing that annoys me at times is when musicians use a well-known 90's (or even before) background tune and give their own lyrics/rap to it. Sometimes, it just upsets the original song for me at time (although there is some degree of success.)
Experiencing new and unique things - Ready to "Act Out"whenever necessary.
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11460.0 My OCs so far - Act One, Pressure Point, Warpcore.

MrEmu

When your stupid router brakes half way through an OSW... :l Guess which lucky pony had this happen to him...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Apr 22, 17:31:44
When your stupid router brakes half way through an OSW... :l Guess which lucky pony had this happen to him...

Big Macintosh has a computer!?!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Applestack on 2014 Apr 22, 05:56:24

I've been a Sonic fan for more than 10 years and I've never seen such problem in the fandom.

Maybe it's just the group that my friend hung around, then. They bashed other people's Sonic OCs pretty harshly.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2014 Apr 22, 11:02:41
is about...

I feel the urge to comment on this because I think that it can really apply to anything.
I mean, it's one thing to hate people who insist that their opinion or something that they enjoy should be agreed upon/enjoyed by everything, because yes this can be very annoying and unnecessary... But I know the majority of shippers are not die-hard supporters of their 'ship' that hate on others or harass others if they do not agree with said ship.

I feel like hating shipping in general is not fair to those few who are not ridiculous about it. I don't think it is justified to generalize in a way saying you hate shipping, because most shipping is just people being like "I think these two make a good couple, and I ship it." That's almost just hating people for having their own opinions.

At least, that's how I see it when I see people say these things. I saw someone mention hating shipping/shippers earlier too and I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

I don't hate shipping or shippers in general. I'm just annoyed that the RWBY fandom has those shippers who will shun you and bash you for not supporting their ship. I do ship some RWBY characters, though I don't support the oddly super popular ships that some people will hate on you for not supporting.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

2014 Apr 22, 23:44:16 #12612 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 22, 23:47:02 by Pipkin
I had to guess (and somehow succeed) on how to access the financial side of our profits program so I can access numbers I need to calculate other numbers in my department...

The bookkepper is supposed to do this, but he's a useless tool.  I found out what I took ten minutes guessing and finding out how to do, he was supposed to be doing for over 7 years, one of the most important jobs the boopkeeper has(Checking that my department got charged the right amount for the stuff I buy), and he has NO IDEA how to even access these files....

Also, he's training his daughter on how to do our bookkeeping while he goes on holidays, so someone who isnt even enployed by our company will have access to our financial records, payroll information, department budget and profit and loss statements and employee records, not to mention access to the cash office and franchisee's office......anyone ELSE see a problem here?  Cause my boss, doesn't!

Midnight Breeze

When I get the demonyms for Sweden and Switzerland confused.

Ramisha

What annoys me is that there's so many forum users right now and I can barely read all the new replies to my posts. Seriously every 10 minutes 15 new replies pop up

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Apr 22, 22:31:59
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2014 Apr 22, 11:02:41
is about...

Spoiler: show

I don't hate shipping or shippers in general. I'm just annoyed that the RWBY fandom has those shippers who will shun you and bash you for not supporting their ship. I do ship some RWBY characters, though I don't support the oddly super popular ships that some people will hate on you for not supporting.

Alright, fair enough. I just wanted to say something because I had seen a few people say things like that, not just you. But yes, I know how people can get out of hand with anything like that.~

Ramisha

My aunt got the game she ordered for me... the voices are in English but the HUD is in japanese...  >:/

Julius

I'm going to be sore tomorrow. And for the next week or so. DD:
Purr~

Little Star

When people make assumptions about things without gathering facts.
When people think just because I'm short means I'm invisible.
When people thing that just because I try to be kind instead of rude makes me 'too nice.'

Pretty much when middle school students continue to exist.
Like can we all just not exist?

Ryo_D_Disk

My day off, I had intended on relaxing a bit getting some work done but nope phone call
"Ryo could you come in please we need to discuss about the tills"

Fine drive over
" oh don't worry we sorted it oh but while your here can you cover a lunch shift"

The only reason I did not say no is because I know the person I would be covering for would have gone without had I not and she has helped me in the past so I agreed

Go Up