Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Aug 25, 10:10:26
1. I don't have that kind of tech.
2. I'm not that great of a voice actor.
3. Even with a bunch of tech, how am I supposed to voice the female characters? lol
Have your female characters sound like males on purpose?
i dunno? besides your not doing this as a job right? its for fun? so enjoy and if ppl can't handle 1 bad thing and enjoy what you got at the moment they have no idea what "limits" are
(not to mention that voices and animation are 2nd to the actual story & personality of a character, why do you think books are still enjoyed?)

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 Aug 25, 08:31:04
Oof, I think the firefighters, or someone else capable, should REALLY take a look at the fire alarm then, a broken fire alarm is a pretty big freaking deal, and them just holding off on it for days is borderline illegal unless they are putting out fires literally every waking moment they have.

I kinda figured that was the case...which is why it puzzled me to no end walking in yesterday and STILL HEARING IT.

Lync Volan

When i yearn for a specific video game to be made along with specific characters yet my thoughts are impossible to happen cause of copyright or haters or cause its a "so called" kids cartoon DD: 

Midnight Breeze

When I get my butt handed to me in an argument and then immediately afterwards realize exactly what I should have said to totally own them and prove I was right. Time travel needs to be invented for just that reason.

Chishio Kunrin

I got impatient waiting for my grilled cheese to cook, and I flipped it over only for the bread on that side to try to fall apart, and my whole sandwich went crooked! DD: Y'know why the bread tried to fall apart? Because it's CHEAP!

I even ripped a hole in one of the slices just trying to butter it!

I've made normal sandwiches with this bread, and the crust doesn't want to stay attached!

But we've been going through bread really quickly lately, and you can buy 3 loaves of Price First for the cost of one loaf of Sunbeam. :s

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

The Subway sandwich artist tried to be nice to me tonight and load my sandwich up with fillings...but then she went and put WAY too much mayo, which kinda ruined the sandwich.

She probably wouldn't have but right before she was about to put the mayo on I said "I like you, you're generous with toppings!" I think she got a liiiitle overzealous from hearing that.

Also, apparently Subway TELLS its sandwich artists to be chinchy with the toppings. She said that "The amount they tell us to put on the sandwich is ridiculous, that's why I double it." I really hope she doesn't get in trouble for being good to customers.

Little Star

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Aug 25, 10:10:26
1. I don't have that kind of tech.
2. I'm not that great of a voice actor.
3. Even with a bunch of tech, how am I supposed to voice the female characters? lol

It's totally understandable not wanting to voice your own characters. Sometimes characters have a very specific voice, and you hear it in your head but just can't make it come out exactly right.
That's why people hold auditions, or just contact friends that remind them of the voice of their characters.

I mean.. I've been voice acting for 3 years and I can't do every voice I hear/ see. It's hard! Some characters have a difficult elasticity to their voice that one cannot easily capture. I get it if someone doesn't want to voice their own characters. It makes sense.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Little Star on 2015 Aug 26, 07:54:33
It's totally understandable not wanting to voice your own characters. Sometimes characters have a very specific voice, and you hear it in your head but just can't make it come out exactly right.
That's why people hold auditions, or just contact friends that remind them of the voice of their characters.

I mean.. I've been voice acting for 3 years and I can't do every voice I hear/ see. It's hard! Some characters have a difficult elasticity to their voice that one cannot easily capture. I get it if someone doesn't want to voice their own characters. It makes sense.

Another reason I can't voice them is, well, I'M IN the story. Already done a few lines (With my new "professional" mic my mum bought for £5 over an actually good one because it had a better star rating). But again, I just want them voice because I think it would be cool. That's it. I don't think it's worth a whole thing on BTVA.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Am i the only one who notices video games based off of cartoon characters are mostly made average in difficulty and the gameplay is usually a beat em up when they could have SO MUCH MORE >:O

Chromastone64

There are so many things I want to do.
I want to sing, I want to write stories, I want to animate, I want to make games, I want to edit videos, I want to travel, I want to dance, I want to play a ton of instruments, and more...there's no way I'd be able to do all of that :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Night Pony

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Aug 26, 10:21:33
I want to sing, I want to write stories, I want to animate, I want to make games, I want to edit videos, I want to travel, I want to dance, I want to play a ton of instruments, and more...there's no way I'd be able to do all of that :c

You can do all of that, you jut won't be good.  X3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Aug 26, 10:21:33
I want to be able to animated and make video games but as far as i can tell i don't seem to have any potential for them, all i can do is play games & watch animations (my parents wanted me to play guitar but FAIL)
I also "travel" with my parents around the world but its not that great given it always feels the same anywhere i go unless i'm actually doing something fun instead of just staring at buildings

MarshyMellow

MLP's Facebook page said that S5 is now added to Netflix but it's been on there for like weeks now..

*cough cough EQD announced this weeks ago too.. MLP's FB page is so late cough cough*

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Lync Volan

After watching "Batman the animated series" the "Superman the animated series" feels so mediocre, don't get me wrong i still like it but somehow the darkness out shines this colorful blue boy :s 

Chishio Kunrin

So, my friend wants a tongue piercing. If she ends up deciding she doesn't like it, it's no problem at all because the hole from a tongue piercing closes up extremely quickly.

She asked her parents if she could have one. Her dad said she could if she had the money. Well, she managed to get enough money for it, and she asked him to schedule a time for her to get it. His answer? "You're not getting a tongue piercing until you're 20 and living on your own."
:l
If you didn't want her to have a tongue piercing, you should have just said upfront "No." Instead, you decided to play a game and say "Haha, if you get enough money, sure."

On top of that, she has managed to get money for things and get herself new clothes and shoes, and they really expected her not to be able to come up with the money for it? Really?? She even just recently got brand new shoes because she had been walking around in the same old worn-out shoes! Her parents are not the ones who got her those shoes.

And I'm still annoyed that they keep buying her little sister tons of stuff and going out to eat at restaurants, and yet if she asks for one thing, they say "We don't have enough money for that." But you have enough money to eat at restaurants and spoil her little sister!

Oh, and speaking of her little sister! The other day, they all went out shopping somewhere, and my friend got a $6 thing of coffee, and she was halfway done with it, when her little sister turns around and intentionally slaps it out of her hand onto the ground! Their parents saw the whole thing! But what did their parents do? NOTHING! They acted like it wasn't a big deal because "it's just coffee."
1. It's $6 coffee. The kid just wasted money.
2. It's rude! You're teaching your child that it's perfectly fine for her to slap something out of someone else's hand! You're teaching her that it's okay to be a bully!

Anyone remember me saying that my friend's little sister gets away with tons of stuff, including stuff that she would've gotten in trouble for at that age?! And meanwhile, if my friend steps out of line just a little bit, she gets yelled at!

It's no wonder she plans to move out as soon as she can. >:/

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sweet Brew

People who abuse their power...
That really burns my britches...

Or people who let a friend do something bad and let them get away with it souly because they're a friend...and encourage it...

Julius

How hard it is to find a nice wallet. And the fact that I even have to replace my current awesome wallet because for some reason it stinks of money so badly it's disgusting. >:/
Purr~

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Aug 27, 02:09:08
I even have to replace my current awesome wallet because for some reason it stinks of money so badly it's disgusting. >:/

You braggin'?

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Aug 27, 03:27:39
You braggin'?
My wallet smells like moths. (JK, I don't have a wallet)

Midnight Breeze

I've been using the same wallet since I was 15. I kinda neglect these things.

Go Up