The Nonary Game (Closed Sign-Up "Thriller")

Started by Chromastone64, 2016 Oct 16, 14:27:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Purple

Opal's glare directs towards raven, her eyes shooting icy daggers into his soul.  "And it would be in your best interest to mind your own business..." she says, her voice low and terrifying, like an oncoming blizzard.

Realizing that it would not be wise to trigger any of these ponies any further, she hesitantly released Sparkle's hoof, dropping her to the ground.  Turning to her for a moment, she kept her expression as icy as ever.  "you are not to leave my sight. understood?" She whispers, her voice aggressive and cold.  Sparkle nods, cowering a bit.

Turning back to Raven, she holds her intimidation tactics.  "You're lucky I didn't turn you to ice for that..." she says, her voice still low.  Sparkle looks to Raven, mouthing a 'thank you'

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 16:58:11
Opal's glare directs towards raven, her eyes shooting icy daggers into his soul.  "And it would be in your best interest to mind your own business..." she says, her voice low and terrifying, like an oncoming blizzard.

Realizing that it would not be wise to trigger any of these ponies any further, she hesitantly released Sparkle's hoof, dropping her to the ground.  Turning to her for a moment, she kept her expression as icy as ever.  "you are not to leave my sight. understood?" She whispers, her voice aggressive and cold.  Sparkle nods, cowering a bit.

Turning back to Raven, she holds her intimidation tactics.  "You're lucky I didn't turn you to ice for that..." she says, her voice still low.  Sparkle looks to Raven, mouthing a 'thank you'

"If it meant getting you to release the poor mare, then I would have been fine with it. Keep your hooves off of her from this point onwards," He finishes, before seeing and acknowledging the thanks with a nod.

Purple

Opal simply huffs, deciding to ignore Raven.  That colt had no idea who he was talking to, and she didn't find him worth the trouble.  His willing to risk his own life for a mare he'd only just met had reached some deep part of her conscious however, and a small, small part of her actually admired his courage.  Only a small part though, and she would never admit to it.

"Now then, let us begin our investigation of the area and gathering of information.  The sooner we figure this out, the sooner we can leave this awful place..."  She says, starting to pace.

Sparkle remains on the ground, still a bit traumatized.  She was surprised to hear Raven willing to risk himself for her.  She barely knew this stallion, and he didn't know anything about her besides her name.  She wondered why he would be willing to do that, but found it sweet regardless.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 17:17:16
Opal simply huffs, deciding to ignore Raven.  That colt had no idea who he was talking to, and she didn't find him worth the trouble.  His willing to risk his own life for a mare he'd only just met had reached some deep part of her conscious however, and a small, small part of her actually admired his courage.  Only a small part though, and she would never admit to it.

"Now then, let us begin our investigation of the area and gathering of information.  The sooner we figure this out, the sooner we can leave this awful place..."  She says, starting to pace.

Sparkle remains on the ground, still a bit traumatized.  She was surprised to hear Raven willing to risk himself for her.  She barely knew this stallion, and he didn't know anything about her besides her name.  She wondered why he would be willing to do that, but found it sweet regardless.

"For once, we agree. Do you have any information at all about where we are?" He asks the mare, trying to return to civility.

Chromastone64

(This is for everyone)
As the group all wondered, a loud, electric noise burst through the room, and before long, a wall lit up, almost like a screen. And then...
"HEYA! How's everypony feelin'?"
A white rabbit, with odd make-up and clothing, suddenly flashed to life on the screen. Looking disterbingly jolly, it's face turned to concern, seemingly from the hostile atmosphere.
"Hey, hey! All'a you calm down! Or, y'know, don't. Whatever! All eyes on moi!"
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jcfraven

2016 Oct 17, 17:35:26 #45 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 17, 17:42:41 by Jcfraven
"Who are you?" Raven asks, not sure if the rabbit could hear him, and surprisingly unfazed that it is a rabbit. He is, however, noticeably a bit weary about the sudden appearance. Lunar simply looks at the rabbit, silent, as usual.

LunarDusk

"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Purple

Opal sharply focused on the screen, taking an attack stance.  "YOU!!! I DEMAND YOU EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON THIS INSTANT!!!" She screams, pointing a hoof dramatically at their oddly fluffy foe. 

Sparkle simply stared on at the screen in confusion at the rabbit on screen.  She had no idea rabbits could talk.  Maybe this was a magic rabbit?  She continued to ponder this as she stared.

Chromastone64

The rabbit began pulling some exaggerated poses, before returning to normal. It suddenly began speaking with nicknames and rabbit puns.
"WOAH, woah, woah, woah. That's not how you greet a guest, Mopal. And Birdy, thanks for being nicer."
The rabbit cleared his throat.
"NOW...Welcome, one and all, to the AMBIDEX GAME! I believe you're ALLL wondering why you're hare. Well, to put it simply..."
The rabbit's head suddenly grew, akin to a cheap jumpscare. It certainly made Azure jump.
"YOU'RE GONNA PLAY A GAME 'CAUSE MY BOSS WAS BORED!"
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LunarDusk

Iron tilted his head at the flamboyant rabbit's statement.
"Ambidex....so where is the door we must enter before that gate closes...and you're boss is making a fatal mistake for doing so without my my consent...I rather have him invite a navy  Arabian earth pony  I know, instead."
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 17, 17:53:59
The rabbit began pulling some exaggerated poses, before returning to normal. It suddenly began speaking with nicknames and rabbit puns.
"WOAH, woah, woah, woah. That's not how you greet a guest, Mopal. And Birdy, thanks for being nicer."
"NOW...Welcome, one and all, to the AMBIDEX GAME! I believe you're ALLL wondering why you're hare. Well, to put it simply..."
The rabbit's head suddenly grew, akin to a cheap jumpscare. It certainly made Azure jump.

Jumping a bit, then composing himself, Raven tilts his head to the side. "Ambidex Game?" He ponders aloud.

Purple

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 17, 17:53:59

Sparkle jumps suddenly, cowering behind the nearest pony, which happened to be Opal.  While Opal was unfazed by this pathetic attempt at frightening the group, she was rather annoyed and a bit startled by Sparkle's cowering.  Scoffing, she shoved the mare away from her, shooing at her.

"Sorry, but I'm not in the mood for games," Opal said, her voice full of snark and anger.  She was going to find this fool's 'boss,' and demand release immediately, as well as the return of her cloak.

As soon as the word 'game,' sunk into her brain, Sparkle immediately perked up, standing up with an excited look.  "Ooh!  What kind of game?" she asked, looking interested, much to Opal's dismay.

Gamepaw

Game was also started by the jumpscare, causing his fur to fluff up. Having remained outside the circle of ponies the wolf was quickly finding out that it was not the ponies he had to worry about.

The wolf lowered his head slightly, being a wolf afraid of a bunny is kind of embarrassing.

Chromastone64

(Important)
The rabbit cackled.
"Well, y'see, my boss...let's call them "Zero"...put together this game 'specially for you all. Think of it as a chance to make new friends! AND enemies! Because what's life without someone who hates your guts? Now pay REAL attention hare, I'll explain the rules:
Look at your bracelets. All of them have coloured numbers on them, right? Well, what you want to do is get that "3" to a "9". How? By voting! Every so often, I'm gonna send you all back into those rooms. Oh, speaking of which..."
With a clap, the doors Opal broke fixed back together, apparently with unicorn magic.
"Now, back to the rules: When you go in those rooms, a little screen will show up, with two choices. Then you just pick one! It's that simple! Well, for now. When the time comes I'll be adding a little twist, but for now, just get to know each other! You'll be here for a while..."
The rabbit's voice turned creepily sinister and mocking.
"Days...weeks...months...years...it all comes down to how you play the game. But for now, that's it from me! Please, hold any questions for the day that I care. See ya later! Oh, and don't even THINK about trying to take those bracelets of. Trust me."
With one last blink, the screen suddenly blinked off.

Azure looked around at the group. "Um...did anypony...get that?"
Nightshade sighed, and spoke dryly. "He said that an insane psychopath has locked us up and is forcing us to play a game we know next to nothing about. Wonderful."

Jcfraven

"Voting? Voting for what?" Raven asks out loud.

LunarDusk

"Sorry, but I already have 5 people that hate my guts and I dont need anymore."
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Purple

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Oct 17, 18:35:21
(Important)
The rabbit cackled.
"Well, y'see, my boss...let's call them "Zero"...put together this game 'specially for you all. Think of it as a chance to make new friends! AND enemies! Because what's life without someone who hates your guts? Now pay REAL attention hare, I'll explain the rules:
Look at your bracelets. All of them have coloured numbers on them, right? Well, what you want to do is get that "3" to a "9". How? By voting! Every so often, I'm gonna send you all back into those rooms. Oh, speaking of which..."
With a clap, the doors Opal broke fixed back together, apparently with unicorn magic.
"Now, back to the rules: When you go in those rooms, a little screen will show up, with two choices. Then you just pick one! It's that simple! Well, for now. When the time comes I'll be adding a little twist, but for now, just get to know each other! You'll be here for a while..."
The rabbit's voice turned creepily sinister and mocking.
"Days...weeks...months...years...it all comes down to how you play the game. But for now, that's it from me! Please, hold any questions for the day that I care. See ya later! Oh, and don't even THINK about trying to take those bracelets of. Trust me."
With one last blink, the screen suddenly blinked off.

Azure looked around at the group. "Um...did anypony...get that?"
Nightshade sighed, and spoke dryly. "He said that an insane psychopath has locked us up and is forcing us to play a game we know next to nothing about. Wonderful."

Sparkle pouted, cowering a little.  "I don't think I like this game anymore..." She muttered, sounding near tears.  She was quite terrified just of the thought of being stuck here forever, let alone anything happening to her or anyone else.

Opal however, seemed completely calm.  She wanted to get out of here as soon as possible, sure, but the aspect of this game intrigued her.  She adored mind games like this, and was actually a little excited to watch everypony go insane as they tried to escape, while she however, would remain on top of the madness, as usual.  "Now now everyone, there's no need to fret!  This will be easy.  All we have to do is play along, and we can get out of here!  Simple as that, really."  She said, her voice now sounding sinister and a little amused, which was quite the contrast from earlier.  It was now apparent that her voice had a smooth, endearing quality to it, like chocolate for the ears. 

Jcfraven

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 19:03:55
Sparkle pouted, cowering a little.  "I don't think I like this game anymore..." She muttered, sounding near tears.  She was quite terrified just of the thought of being stuck here forever, let alone anything happening to her or anyone else.

Ignoring the other pony for now, Raven moves over to Sparkle quickly, embracing her. "Hey, you will be fine, okay? No need for that," He says, not actually knowing whether or not she will, but planning to try to ensure it.

LunarDusk

At this point Opal was already out of the stallions mind as he began to ask the bunny about a time limit. But he was a second too late as the screen had cut off. It seems as there was nothing else he could do now except go back into the room. With haste he grabbed the chubby wolf and made his way towards the room carrying him on his back without giving him a choice.
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 17, 19:07:14
Ignoring the other pony for now, Raven moves over to Sparkle quickly, embracing her. "Hey, you will be fine, okay? No need for that," He says, not actually knowing whether or not she will, but planning to try to ensure it.

Sparkle blushed a bit at the sudden embrace, unsure what to do for a moment.  "Uh, th-thanks..."  She stammers, returning the gesture.  Raven seemed to be the nicest pony here as far as she could tell.  She was glad to know that not everypony was hostile here.

Opal couldn't help but watch the two ponies embracing, finding it rather sweet that the two seemed to care for eachother so much in spite of only having just met.  Although she forced herself to have an ice cold expression, she secretly found romance between ponies to be absolutely adorable.  Quickly shaking it off, she refocused on her task.  The strange bunny had said to get to know everyone.  And although she despised socializing with others, she had a sense that this would be an important part of winning.

Scanning the room for somepony to talk to, her first thought was to speak with Iron, but he seemed to be busy at the moment.  So instead, she headed towards the only changeling here.  She wasn't the best at small talk, but it was worth a shot.  "...Hello," she said stiffly, still holding her cold expression.  ...She wasn't really sure where to go from here with the conversation.

Go Up