Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mizuki

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 18, 23:20:58
There is a cheap pink plastic magic wand toy marketed toward little girls named Evil Stick.
First of all: DO NOT BUY EVIL STICK FOR ANY LITTLE GIRLS. EVER. KEEP IT FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THEM.

Spoiler: show
What annoys me about the Evil Stick is that it's actually being sold, and one guy who runs a dollar store said he is not going to take it off the shelf unless enough customers personally tell him to stop selling it. For some stupid reason, he sees nothing wrong with it. He told the news that "Kids see that kind of stuff on TV every day." UH, NO. NO, THEY DO NOT. I don't know what kind of shows you're letting kids watch, but they are not kids shows, I can tell you that!

The packaging claims that it lights up and plays "wonderful music," but it actually plays the sound of evil laughter when it lights up.
The true disgusting nature of the Evil Stick was discovered when a toddler was playing with it in the dark and noticed that, in the lightup part, there seemed to be a picture. She pulled off the foil sticker that was covering it and found... a picture that I cannot describe on this forum.
Yes.
A toy meant for little girls and designed to look like a pink fairy princess wand...
had something so terrible...
that I cannot tell you what it is here.
I'll just say it was horrid, and when her mother saw it, she was horrified and furious.

So, yeah, Evil Stick is not for children, even if it looks like it's for children and is put on the shelves in the pink aisle along with all the baby dolls, fairy princess stuff, ponies, etc and so forth.

I googled it just now and wowwww that is legit disturbing. Freaking disgusting. Plus the packaging has Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura on it!! How is this even legal??

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Night Pony

There's no video with Akame Ga Kill's second opening on youtube for me to listen to. There are only covers and videos that have their audio muted.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Nov 19, 01:02:04
There is a cheap pink plastic magic wand toy marketed toward little girls named Evil Stick.
First of all: DO NOT BUY EVIL STICK FOR ANY LITTLE GIRLS. EVER. KEEP IT FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THEM.

What annoys me about the Evil Stick is that it's actually being sold, and one guy who runs a dollar store said he is not going to take it off the shelf unless enough customers personally tell him to stop selling it. For some stupid reason, he sees nothing wrong with it. He told the news that "Kids see that kind of stuff on TV every day." UH, NO. NO, THEY DO NOT. I don't know what kind of shows you're letting kids watch, but they are not kids shows, I can tell you that!

The packaging claims that it lights up and plays "wonderful music," but it actually plays the sound of evil laughter when it lights up.
The true disgusting nature of the Evil Stick was discovered when a toddler was playing with it in the dark and noticed that, in the lightup part, there seemed to be a picture. She pulled off the foil sticker that was covering it and found... a picture that I cannot describe on this forum.
Yes.
A toy meant for little girls and designed to look like a pink fairy princess wand...
I'll just say it was horrid, and when her mother saw it, she was horrified and furious.

So, yeah, Evil Stick is not for children, even if it looks like it's for children and is put on the shelves in the pink aisle along with all the baby dolls, fairy princess stuff, ponies, etc and so forth.

I googled it just now and wowwww that is legit disturbing. Freaking disgusting. Plus the packaging has Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura on it!! How is this even legal??

I have no idea. :c Hopefully, people can put up enough of a fuss to get it taken off shelves for good, like they did with Nick Simmons' plagiarism-filled manga Incarnate.

No, I will never let him live that down. =P Acting like we were all blind idiots, stealing from manga writers he claimed to have respect for. The nerve.

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Nov 19, 01:52:12
There's no video with Akame Ga Kill's second opening on youtube for me to listen to. There are only covers and videos that have their audio muted.

Youtube's the worst place to find anime openings. The companies that produce songs for anime openings (and apparently the opening sequences of the Kingdom Hearts games!) are very strict about their copyrights, so Youtube is quick to take down and mute all videos with the original version of that content.

I usually google for anime openings, and it often brings me to Dailymotion and Vimeo.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 19, 03:34:33

Youtube's the worst place to find anime openings. The companies that produce songs for anime openings (and apparently the opening sequences of the Kingdom Hearts games!) are very strict about their copyrights, so Youtube is quick to take down and mute all videos with the original version of that content.

I usually google for anime openings, and it often brings me to Dailymotion and Vimeo.

True but sometimes people find a way. Though the only source to listen to is from pirate preview player.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chromastone64

(and apparently the opening sequences of the Kingdom Hearts games!)

YES. THIS.
I've been looking for Sanctuary and ~after the battle~ EVERYWHERE on YouTube!!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Nuserame

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Nov 19, 13:43:09

YES. THIS.

Don't kids know how to properly pirate something anymore?  :P
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Midnight Breeze

My idiot ex-brother-in-law moved to Baton Rouge recently for work as a pipe-layer and he's been complaining to my sister that he's miserable there because there are no woods are places to hunt. Well what did you expect when you moved to a CITY? He almost got arrested last weekend because he brought his rifle to the PARK to try and hunt squirrels. I'd have paid money to see that. What a fool.

Also, he hasn't paid my sister child support for 2 months.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Nov 19, 01:02:04

Yes.

I have no idea. :c Hopefully, people can put up enough of a fuss to get it taken off shelves for good, like they did with Nick Simmons' plagiarism-filled manga Incarnate.

No, I will never let him live that down. =P Acting like we were all blind idiots, stealing from manga writers he claimed to have respect for. The nerve.

THIS IS NOT OKAY. THIS. IS. NOT. OKAY. If I had a child, and they saw that, I'd be out for blood.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Nov 19, 14:05:07

YES. THIS.

When I was younger, I used to load up KH or KH2 and pick Start New Game just to watch the opening sequence.
It's so awesome, I just want to rewatch it every once in a while. :( I don't need to pirate it or anything, since I own the games. It'd just be less of a hassle to bring it up on a website and watch it.

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 19, 21:34:21
Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Nov 19, 14:05:07

YES. THIS.

When I was younger, I used to load up KH or KH2 and pick Start New Game just to watch the opening sequence.
It's so awesome, I just want to rewatch it every once in a while. :( I don't need to pirate it or anything, since I own the games. It'd just be less of a hassle to bring it up on a website and watch it.

And this is the exact scenario where I see no problem with grabbing it from your nearest torrent site. Nobody is any poorer for it, you already paid for the game and the soundtrack probably isn't sold separately anyway.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

MrSpyro

I was bored, and I started comparing English dubbed anime intros with the original ones. I hate the fact that I can't speak Japanese right now.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Midnight Breeze

2014 Nov 20, 01:14:40 #14651 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 20, 06:00:13 by Chishio Kunrin
My stupid wireless adapter is acting up again. I can't wait until I get a wired connection again.

Chishio Kunrin

RWBY volume 2 ended last month.
LAST MONTH.
You know what some people are already doing?
Popping onto the RWBY wiki as anons and saying "When does season 3 come out???" "Where's season 3???"

Volume 2 just ended last month! You can hold your horses! >:/

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 19, 21:34:21

...that is EXACTLY what I used to do! I even played it about six times before I even began playing the game for the first time.
The Chain Of Memories bit confused me, though. Didn't know it existed back then.

Now, something annoying me. (Aside from the fact that my mum and dad have left our new PS4 in the MIDDLE of the front room, saying I can't have it untill Christmas >:O)
For the last few years, I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep. Because at night (and somehow ONLY at night), my nose gets blocked, and I just can't clear it no matter how many time I blow my nose.  :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Nov 21, 02:16:47
I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep. Because at night (and somehow ONLY at night), my nose gets blocked, and I just can't clear it no matter how many time I blow my nose.  :c

Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chromastone64

Ok, anyone here played Kingdom Hearts? I need help. Every time i fight Sephiroth, I do NO damage to him. Is there a trick? Or do you need to be max level to even DENT him?! It's annoying the crud out of me!!!

Midnight Breeze

Do tobacco smokers take a class in inconsideration? My step-dad is a chain smoker and just sits in the living room with my mom and I right next to him huffing and puffing, then the two of them wonder why I get up and leave the room. My dad was the same way, he always smoked around me when I was a baby despite the doctors insistence that he stop. And heck, not long ago my sister was about to light up in my car when I was giving her a ride to work. She got snippy with my when I told her not to.

Did it ever occur to any of them that maybe I don't want to endure the proven health risks associated with secondhand smoke? I don't want to suffer because of someone else's bad habit, sue me!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Nov 21, 03:39:49
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Nov 21, 02:16:47
I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep. Because at night (and somehow ONLY at night), my nose gets blocked, and I just can't clear it no matter how many time I blow my nose.  :c

Have you tried sleeping propped up into a sort of sitting position by pillows? That's what my dad and I do.

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Nov 21, 12:56:07
Ok, anyone here played Kingdom Hearts? I need help. Every time i fight Sephiroth, I do NO damage to him. Is there a trick? Or do you need to be max level to even DENT him?! It's annoying the crud out of me!!!

No idea. I never fought Sephiroth in either of the games, since he's optional and hardcore.

Pipkin

I had to drive to 2 different stores today to acquire product for my store because our distribution centers can't seem to supply us with out most basic products(Like breaded chicken fillets in our hot food department).....

I drove 130kms today, just got home about 15 minutes ago after going to work for 7am(that's 15 hours)

What sucks?  I got to the second store which was way out of my way....and the product that was supposed to be put aside for me was nowhere to be found.  :l

Also-Rear wheel bearing needs replacing...it's leaking....something.....because I want to pour more money into this truck right?

Greyscaleisme

My little brothers can not seem to grasp the concept that they have to put the seat on the toilet back down. >:(
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Go Up